Falling

Complicated Love: ToDay and Tomorrow

The doctors told Kai that SeulMi would have to be hospitalized until she has enough strength or get a bone marrow transplant. But for now she had to go in for chemo. Kai and SeulMi haven’t been talking to each other either. SeulMi was so weak that she barely stayed up long enough to have a full conversation with Kai. She would get up once in a while and write in her journal then fall back asleep. Kai would just sit there and stare at her. When he tries to talk to her she only give him one word answers or short answers.

“Blarghs” Kai had a bucket up to SeulMi’s face as she threw up. He patted her back. He was worried whenever she threw up because she barely at anything either. After she was done Kai give her a napkin to wipe . “Thanks.” Kai gets up and puts the bucket in the bathroom.

“Are you okay?” he walks back and talks to her, “If you aren’t I’ll go and ask EunMi to check up on you.”

“Ani.” She tried to breathe, “I just need to rest.” She closed her eyes slowly and before he knew she was asleep. Kai was curious at what she wrote in her journal for the past couple of days. He gets up and takes the journal and reads it.

12/5

Right now I’m watching JongIn sleep next to me with his baby face. Even though we didn’t get to do what we wanted it’s no big deal. As long as I get to hang out with him.

12/6

Goodbye aren’t as easy as they seem. (He notice small circles of dried water on the page.) When I watch as he board that train I almost ran after him. But I knew that no matter how hard I would have ran I would never catch up to him anymore. Not in my condition anyways. Kai, I hope you left like I told you. Don’t look back.

12/10

There something fishy going on here? Kai acting weird. I do like the fact that he has been less cold and a lot warmer but it feels fake.

12/14

A couple more days and it is the concert. I’m so nervous. But my body has been feeling weak lately. I hope it doesn’t affect me.

12/19

I hurt him…is that the thing to do. I saw the sadness in his eyes, they all were basically telling me to stop talking. I know I can’t fight this alone but I don’t want him to suffer with me like he did with unnie. I’m glad I know how he feels about me. But now I can no longer return it. Unnie let him meet somebody else.

She starts to write a story

As long as I remember I was always like a tree. I always protected those around me, I watch as everyone left me. Until one day a one of kind flower was plant before me. I fell in love, I shade it from the wind and storm. I didn’t care that everyone came to see it instead of me. I was willing to give my life.

The flower was beautiful and gorgeous in my eyes. Yet I was nothing to it, just another tree. It was only interested in the butterflies that came up to it.

The only sad part about being a tree was that I watched as the season went and the flower left me and came back. I waited there in the cold because I knew someday it would have come back to it place. I went through rain storm, snowy weather and windy days waiting for it. On sunny days it reminded me when the flower was by my side.

Who would have known that a storm would hit and struck me? It wasn’t a big crakc,  just a little bit of my bark came off. But the winds and storms that came by made it worse. No matter how hard I struggled I slowly started to fall over. The flower doesn’t notice it, not until now when I’m almost down to the ground. Me and my strong roots can no longer out last these storms. All I can do is try to hang on and see if my root will stay strong.

Or will I just give up and fall?

Kai closes the journal and mentally scolds himself.

“Babo.” He sits write next to the bed and holds her hand, “Do you think that I am that stupid? I knew you were lying to me. I know you are hurting inside, that doesn’t mean that you have to do this lone. I’ll fix you’re roots for you if I have to as long as you stay with this stupid flower of yours.” He puts the back of her hands against his face, “There was a reason I came back after two years. I came back because I was worried about you. I finally realized that you were alone. I was selfish and only thought about myself and how mad I was at SeulKi for leaving that I forgot about my best friend who was alone in the world.” He sobs, “But when I was told to marry you I was lost. I didn’t know how you felt so I became cold towards you. I wanted you to hate me and resent me and I use SeulKi as an excuse for the way I acted. But you didn’t care and stayed because you knew somewhere in your heart that I’ll change. I’ll let you yell and hit me as much as you want as long as you promise me to get better.”

----

Kris and Suho sat outside the dance room with coffee in theirs hands.

“Kris.”

“Hmm?”

“About what you said the other day about your feelings for SeulMi. Were they true?” Kris smiles as Suho.

“No.” Kris take a sip of his coffee, “I just wanted to see his reaction.”

“Why did you seem so close to SeulMi then? Almost protective of her.” Kris leans back, crosses his leg and looks at Suho.

“That was because I was the one who saved her that night two years ago.”

Kris rides his motorcycle on an empty street and sees a car out of control hit a pole. Kris stops his and runs to the car and sees SeulMi’s parents already unconscious. He looks into the back seat and sees SeulKi was unconscious. Then he notice the other door was open. He runs around to the other side of the car and sees SeulMi trying to stand up.

“Hey.” He runs to her, “Are you okay?” she nods

“Help my unnie.”

“I’ll help you first.” He picks her up and puts her on the ground farther from the car. He goes back and opens the door and carries SeulKi out. He laid her next to SeulMi. She looks up at him.

“What about my parents?”

“I’ll get them out.” Her eyes starts to water as she notice that SeulKi was unconscious.

“Unnie.” She shook SeulKi, “You have to be okay. JongIn is waiting for you.” Kris took his phone out and called the hospital and then goes back and take out her parents from the car.

“I rode with them all the way to the hospital.” Kris sighs, “When we got there her parents were pronounced dead. Not long after SeulKi passed too. I saw how broken she was. When I asked the nurses about her background they told me that she was the only one left.” Kris remember her broken spirit when she came back out from the room, “I came to the funeral to pay respects and left. Then who would have thought she was close to you guys and I’ll meet her again. I knew there was something going on between Kai and her but I just didn’t know what. I told myself that I’ll be her brother and I’ll protect her and her feelings.” Suho chuckles, “When I said I love her I meant that in a sibling way.”

“I’m surprised she didn’t recognize you.”

“I had my helmet on the whole time.”

“You should go and tell her.”

“Ani.” Kris smiles, “I just want to be her secret protector.” He pats Suho’s back, “But who knows I might just sweep her off her feet.”

----

SeulKi just got out of chemo and she was asleep. Kai sat down next to her.

“Annyeong.” Kai turns around and sees Mrs. Song and his mom at the door. He get up quickly.

“Umma, Ajumma.” His mom comes and kisses him and hands him some food.

“This is for you.” She goes and looks at SeulMi.

“How is she doing?” ask Mrs. Song, “Better?”

“Ne.” Kai smiles, “She just got back from Chemo, so she is pretty tired.”

“Ahh~” Mrs. Song nods, “So how are things between you two?”

“Bwoh?” He was caught off guard.

“I know things weren’t really going great between you two so I was just wondering if everything is okay now.”

“We’re fine ajumma. We actually talked it out the other night.” He lies, “She agrees to go for treatment and we’re still looking for a donor.” Mrs. Song nods

“Thank you JongIn.” Mrs. Song smiles, “Thanks for being here for her. She really needed somebody’s support.”

“That is my job.”

 

Kai sat down with EunMi in the doctor’s office.

“So can she go home anytime soon?” ask Kai. The doctor looks at SeulMi’s report and smiles.

“She can go home.” Kai smiles, “but as soon as something goes wrong you have to get her back here as soon as possible.”

“Ne.”

 

SeulMi sat in the room ready to go as Kai packed up the last of her things. SeulMi had to wear a hat and a facemask.

“Ready to go?” Kai smiles and put out his hand. SeulMi just looks at his hand and walks out the door. Kai was surprise at the reaction and just follows her out.

 

“SURPRISE!” SeulMi jumped as she sees her friends and family there.

“What is this?” she was overjoyed. EunMi walks up to her and hugs her.

“This is your welcome home party.” Said EunMi, “Kai was the one that thought about the idea.” SeulMi looks back at the smiling Kai who was greeting everyone. “C’mon there is someone I want you to meet.” EunMi slowly drags her off into the crowd. They stop behind a man talking to Xiumin. “DongWon oppa.”

A man that looks a lot like EunMi turns around and smiles at her. He was well built and had a slim figure. He and EunMi had the same eyes but their structure was different.

“This is Kim SeulMi, Kai’s wife. SeulMi this is my oppa Kim DongWon.”

“It is a pleasure to meet you.” Said SeulMi

“The pleasure is all mines.” He smiles, “I hope you recover soon.”

“Thank you.”

“There is also something that Xiumin and I wanted to talk to you guys about also.” Said EunMi

“What?”

“Well,” Xiumin walks into the little triangle, “As you both know we are expecting a baby and we wanted you two to be the God parents of our child.”

“That is great unnie but,” SeulMi looks at DongWon, “Isn’t this better for a married couple or just a single person?”

“Why do you say that?”

“I know you and oppa mean no harm. But Kai might misunderstand.”

“Yeah.” Said DongWon, “I’m glad you asked me but I don’t want to put her in an uncomfortable state.”

“Oppa.” DongWon goes and put his arms over her shoulder.

“You can go ahead and let SeulMi ssi and Kai ssi be the godparents. I’ll always be there for the little guy.” DongWon smiles at her and kisses her forehead.

“Thanks oppa.”

“I’ll go and talk to Kai about it.” Xiumin walks towards Kai

“So SeulMi.” Said DongWon, “How is my sister doing with you guys? Does she fit in pretty well?”

“She is great.” SeulMi smiles, “We need someone like her in this family. Too many boys aren’t that great.” They all giggle, “So DongWon what do you do for living?”

“I’m head of security at Starship entertainment. My grandfather is the owner.”

“Wow head of security.” SeulMi was impress, “Daebak and you’re only what 26?” DongWon nods.

“That is only because umma taught you since you were young.” EunMi snickers, “And she was head of security at Im Hal- abeoji’s company.”

“Don’t be jealous because umma didn’t teach you.”

“I’m not.” SeulMi chuckles as she watches the siblings fight, “Umma only taught you because you were a cry baby.”

“Bwoh? You were the cry baby, not me.”

“Okay, okay you two.” A woman about her forties came and stop them. She had long black hair and big eyes. Almost like anime.

“Umma.” They both said in unison.

“Why are you two arguing here? You guys are guest in this house.” She looks at SeulMi, “Sorry about them they do this quiet often.”

“Ani.” SeulMi bows, “It no problem my unnie and I were always like that.”

“I’m Kim BaoMing ssi, these two mother.”

“I’m Kim SeulMi. I’m Xiumin’s younger brother’s wife.”

“It nice to have finally met the GM of Sujeong corps.” She smiles, “You are as polite as they say. Too bad you’re already married.” BaoMing looks at her son.

“And that lucky person is me.” Kai wraps his arm around her shoulder. SeulMi was startled at his touch.

“Emeoni,” said Xiumin, “When did you get here?”

“Not too long ago.”

“Please excuse us for a sec.” Kai drags SeulMi off to the back porch. SeulMi looked at the small garden they had in the back of the house. Kai stood in silence not knowing how to start up the conversation. “So did EunMi tell you?”

“Ne.” SeulMi kept her eye on a particular flower in the garden.

“What do you think?” Kai gently grabs a hold of her hand and she looks back at him.

“I think it is great. You can be an appa.” She said with a cold expression, “Sort of.” Kai smiles back at her and wraps his arm around her waist.

“What about you?” SeulMi looks into his light brown orbs and she felt as if she was drowning in them. She looks down at his arm around her waist and slowly took it off.

“I don’t know what lies for me in the future but I can say that I am happy.” She smiles at him and turns around. They both looked at the stars. Kai put his head onto her shoulder and took a deep breath. He never knew that he’ll fall in love again; especially with his best friend. SeulMi wanted to push his head off.

 “I’m going to break up with Luna.”

“Waeyo.” SeulMi moves and look at him “She is your girlfriend isn’t she, the one you love.” He hold onto her hand.

“Ex-girlfriend.” Kai tighten his grip. “I’ll breakup with her.” SeulMi broke the connection and looks back at him, leaving him shock.”

“Kai,” she crossed her arm, “stop lying to yourself. Stop playing around with my feelings! Am I that fun to mess with, huh?”

“SeulMi ah.” He was dumbfounded

“I can’t do this anymore.” She had a poker face with a hint of anger, “There is no point of keeping my feelings for you if we’re just going to keep doing this all over again. All we are doing is going in circles. There is no end.” She took a deep breath, “I’m going inside, thanks for the welcome home party.” SeulMi left Kai on the porch.

 

Everyone was basically gone. EunMi and the guys were helping clean up the place. SeulMi goes and grab the trash bag from EunMi.

“Unnie I got this. You should be resting.”

“No you should be resting. You haven’t even recovered yet.” She tries to take the trash bag back.

“Ani you’re the one that is pregnant, you need to rest.” SeulMi tries her best to keep the bag away, “You’ve been working all week, and it isn’t good for you and the baby.”

“SeulMi, I’m fine. You need bedrest.” Before she reach for the bag Kai grabs it from SeulMi and Xiumin grabs the trash from EunMi’s hand. The girls look at their man dumbfounded.

“You both need to rest.” Xiumin crosses his arms.

“If anything happens to you two we’ll be the ones in trouble.” Said Kai, “Ka.” He shoos them away with his hand. The girls just look at the guys and sits on the couch and smiles and snickers to each other.

 “Told you it would work.” Chuckles EunMi. Kris was cleaning up living room also. He could see the smile on SeulMi’s face, which made him happy as well.

 

Everyone was gone, only SeulMi and Kai was left in their now empty home. SeulMi was quiet tired and fell asleep on the couch. Kai said goodbye to Xiumin and EunMi. He walks over to the couch and sat down next to SeulMi. He gently kisses her forehead, waking her up.

“Hello sleepy head.” Kai smiles. SeulMi looked around her.

“Everyone left?’ Kai nods. He couldn’t help but smile at her cute gestures when she woke up. He didn’t know why he never saw them before. SeulMi and he used to sleep together all the time growing up, you know like hanging out wise, and he never seen her ever like this.

“They saw that you were tired so they left.” Kai stood up and put his hand out, “Let’s go wash up for bed.” SeulMi gets up and walked towards the stairs. Kai closes his palms and walked after her.

RING

SeulMi looks at Kai. He looks at the caller ID, it was Luna. He had a bad feeling about picking up the phone. He looks back up at SeulMi who was waiting on the stairs.

“You go ahead and wash up first.” SeulMi gave him a tired smile.

“Don’t talk too late you have to go to the company tomorrow.” SeulMi walked up the stairs into their room. Kai made sure she was out of sight before he answered his phone.

“What do you want?”

“Oh sorry sir.” It was a male voice, “The lady over here is drunk. I saw that you were on her speed dial so I decided to call you.” Kai took a deep breath and rubs his temple.

“Where is she?” the bartender gave him the address, “Okay, I’ll be there.” He hangs up and grabs his jacket. He looks up at the stairs, knowing in his head he was going to regret something but he leaves anyways.

 

SeulMi heard the front door closes and closes her eyes as she slid down the wall. She curled herself into a ball by the door.

“Babo.”

“I came back because I was worried about you.”

“I was selfish and only thought about myself and how mad I was at SeulKi for leaving that I forgot about my best friend who was alone in the world.”

“Unnie…” she chuckles, “It was always you.” The tears fell from her eyes, “How much more can I take?”

----

Kai kicks Luna’s apartment door revealing a drunk Luna in his arm. She was a mess, her hair everywhere and she reeked of alcohol. Kai took her to her room and laid her on her bed.

“Park Luna, you’ve let yourself go too far.” He goes to the kitchen and grabs a towel and bowl of water to wipe her down. When he got to her chest he looked away. He suddenly felt someone hold his hand. “Luna, you’re awak-.” She got up and kissed him pulling him on top of her.

Preview:

“Why are…What am I doing here?”

“I knew it was too good to be true.”

“This babo tree of yours isn’t standing strong anymore it’s falling in hopes that the flower won’t come back to the same place.”

“Friends.”

“Mr. Song said that it is like the old SeulMi from two years ago had come back.”