Two Years

Complicated Love: ToDay and Tomorrow

Two Years Later

Kai went on to live in Ilsan and became a better businessman; but his player side never left him. He never went home once after leaving that day, nor did he hear from anyone on SeulMi’s condition. He couldn’t hate her but he was mad at her and Kris. Suho and Xiumin came to visit Kai once in a while. Kai had become the GM at the Ilsan branch and was planning on leaving soon back to the main branch.

 

 A young man in a black suit came to greet Kai, “Morning Mr. Kim.” He looks at the agenda in his hand, “You have no schedule for today.” He was confused of why he was there.

“I know but I was told that my brothers were coming to the meeting today so I decided to come and listen.” Kai looks at his secretary, “Is that a problem?”

“A-ani, we were just expecting you to be getting ready to transfer back sir.” Kai smirks at him.

“You want me to leave that bad?”

“Ani.” He look scared

“I’m kidding with you.” Kai walks towards his office, “Has my brothers arrived yet?”

“Ne, they are waiting in your office.” Kai press the button to the elevator.

“Get my copy of the documents ready for the meeting I’ll see you there.” The young man leaves him. The elevator door opens. Inside was a girl with a headset on. Kai smirks and walks in. “Morning Ririn.” She smiles back at him

“Morning JongIn.” She closes the door, “What level?”

“My office.” She presses the 3rd floor button, “Are you leaving with me today?”

“Ani, I was told I was being transfer tomorrow.” Kai smirks

“That is too bad,” he looks at her, “I was thinking maybe we can go together.” He walks out the elevator with Ririn following him.

Kai walks toward his office. He saw three men he had never seen before at the entrance to his office. “Are those your men?”

“Ani.” Replies Ririn, “They aren’t from my group.”

“Must be Suho and Xiumin hyung’s men.” Kai went closer to them. There was a well built man standing to the left of his door, another to the right and one in front of the door. “Who do you work for?” the man in front of the door looks at him

“We are not obligated to tell you.”

“You are in my territory and in front of my office.”

“If you want to know then see for yourself.” The man moves aside and opens the door. Kai and Ririn glares at the man before going in. There were three people sitting at his coffee table and another two guard watching them.

“Hyung!” Kai literally stomp his way to the coffee table, “What is with your men on the outside of my door.” He was so angry he didn’t notice the woman with her back facing him.

“Is that how you say hello to your superiors.” Xiumin scold him. Kai took a huge sighs and bow.

“Hello hyung,” he took another huge sigh, “Again with my question, who are the men at the door?”

“They aren’t my men.” said Xiumin. Kai looks at Suho. He just shook his head.

“They’re mine.” Kai finally notice the woman with short hair sitting down.

“Who are you?”

“Is that how you greet an old friend now?” She stood up and looks at him. “Kai.” Kai quickly bows. Ririn took a step and kept her head low.

“Mianhae hyeongsu-nim.”

“Don’t use formalities with me.” Said EunMi, “It sounds really weird coming from you.”

“What with all these men?”

“Oh, they are DongWon oppa’s men. I told him that I was coming here with Xiumin and Suho. He was so scared I wasn’t going to be safe he sent five guys with me.” EunMi sighs.

“Why are you here?”

“Omo.” EunMi was surprise, “I’m the granddaughter of Starship Entertainment, so of course I have to be here.”

“I thought you were going into medical.”

“Ne, but I’m also doing business on the side. It really complicated especially with ChangMin.”

“Who?” EunMi got annoyed and nudge him in the head, “ahh hyeongsu-nim that hurts.”

“Serve you right for not knowing your own nephew.” While Kai rubbed his head, EunMi notice the girl standing behind him. “Who is she?” Kai looks behind him.

“Oh her.” Kai moved aside, “She is my bodyguard, Hwang Ririn.” EunMi could have sworn she heard the name before somewhere. EunMi kept staring at her, not once did she lift her head up

“Are you guys already that close to drop formalities?” Suho stood up and walks over.

“Ne… we actual meet two years ago when I came here.”

“How come we never met her?” asked Xiumin, “We visit you often and this is the first time we’ve seen her.”

“She is one of the top security here. She only escorts me when I am alone. She here today because we’re both transferring back to KIM corps together.” All three of their jaw dropped, “She coming tomorrow though.” Kai looks at Ririn and nudges her, “It isn’t good to be silent.”

“Annyeonghaseayo, I am Hwang RiRin. It nice to meet you all.” She finally looks up.

 “Kim MinSeok, JongIn’s oldest brother.”

“Kim JoonMyun, JongIn’s second oldest brother.”

“Kim EunMi,” She glares at Ririn, “MinSeok’s wife and,” Ririn looks at her, “Kim DongWon’s dongsae.” Ririn felt a lump in .

“Do you guys know each other already?” asked Xiumin

“Ani, we’ve just seen each other before.” EunMi didn’t take her eyes off of Ririn.

“By the way, where is my nephew?” Kai broke the tension in the air.

“He is hanging out with his Hal-eomoni and Hal- abeoji at your apartment.”

----

After the meeting they all decided to go to Kai’s apartment to help him clean up a bit before heading to Seoul together.  EunMi and Xiumin left right after the meeting because of ChangMin.

“How does it feel to go back home?” Suho drove them back to the apartment, “You’ve been gone for a while.”

“Nothing different.” Kai laid back in his chair, “It seems like everything is just starting over again. I was barely home for four months and I sent away for another 2 years.” He looks over at Suho, “Have you not found a girl yet?”

“Ani.” Suho smiles, “I haven’t found one yet.”

“Hyung, you’re 26.”

“Yeah and you’re 25.”

“But I was married once already.”

“Are you saying I should get married?”

“Ne, Xiumin hyung is a year older than you and he beat you with one already.”

“Yah, look who is talking?” Suho gave him a snobbish look and then focus back on the road, “So it seem you like Ririn ssi.”

“Aniyo, not really. She is a nice girl in all but she isn’t really my type, you know.”

“Yah, my dongsae has really grown up. Turning down a girl.” They both laugh together. Kai kept thinking about the way EunMi kept looking at Ririn.

“Hyung?”

“Hmm?”

“Don’t you find the way EunMi kept staring at Ririn weird?”

“Ne, I did notice that too.” He sighs, “Almost like they have history together.”

“So how is….never mind?”

“You worried about SeulMi?’

“Aniyo… I was going to ask about the company. But I realize I can find out for myself.” Suho takes a quick glance at his brother.

*Only if you knew.* Suho thought to himself.

----

“Adul.” Mrs. Kim gets up to hug Kai.

“Umma.” Mrs. Kim kiss his cheek.

“How have you been?” She examines him from head to toe, “You’ve gotten smaller and more handsome.”

“Gomawa.” Kai hears a baby talking from the kitchen. “Where is ChangMin?” Kai smiles.

“He is in the kitchen.” Kai greets his father and walks in to the kitchen. ChangMin was in a walker moving around. EunMi was cooking lunch before going.

“Um-ma.” ChangMin tries to talk. ChangMin face was dirty. He had baby food all over his. Kai goes and picks him up.

“Annyeong ChangmMin-a.” The baby gave him a blank look, “I your ajuhssi, I am JongIn ajuhssi.”

“Why don’t you just tell him your stage name?” EunMi gives him a napkin to wipe ChangMin face.

“He has to know his uncle’s real name.” Kai gently wipes down his face. “Isn’t that right Minnie?”

“Yah! Who said you can call my son that?” Kai looks back at EunMi shocked.

“He is my nephew I can call him whatever I want. You guys were the one deprive me of his existence for almost two years. Now I’m going to do whatever I can to do to make up for lost time.” Kai took the baby to the living room where his parents were.

“JongIn, why are you arguing with your hyeongsu?” ask his father

“It nothing appa. I was just teasing her about ChangMin.” Kai was playing with ChangMin. He toss him in the air. “Where are my hyungs?”

“Packing the rest of your things.” Said Mrs. Kim

 

Kai walks into his room with ChangMin in his arms. Suho sat on his bed looking through the photo album SeulMi made for him.

“Hyung, what are you doing?” Suho looks up and smiles.

“Did you miss us that much?” Suho waved the album in his hand, “If I have known I would have come visited you more often.” Suho put it the box next to him.

“It not like that. That was something SeulMi put together for me before leaving.” Suho stops and smirks.

“I’m surprise you even remember her name.”

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing.” Suho continue packing Kai’s books and folders.

“Did something happen to her?”

“I’ll tell you on the way back. I can’t tell you here.”

Kai was really curious at what his hyung was hiding. He still didn’t figure out why Suho had an exact replica of the lovers’ ring. Was the person SeulMi really dating Suho?

----

Everything was packed and ready to go. Suho and Kai went together while the other rode the family car back to Seoul. Kai wanted answer from his brother and he couldn’t sit still.

“What wrong with SeulMi?”

“Nothing.”

“You’re lying something happened.” Kai was basically yelling at his brother, “Did her and Kris get….”

“No they didn’t get married.” Kai was relieved at the news, “but they left together.”

“What?” Suho started laughing, “Yah.”

“I was just kidding, but SeulMi is fine. She found a donor two years ago.”

“She found a donor and no one told me?”

“She didn’t want to tell you because you were leaving. She told me that if you knew, you would have stayed.”

“She was right. I would have turned my car around and came back.” Kai took a huge a breath, “So how is she doing?”

“You can ask her yourself.”

“Waeyo?”

“Because you are her friend remember. Chingu. You are her chingu.”

“That is all in the past.” Suho shook his head and takes an exit. “Hyung where are you taking me?”

“To meet your friend.”

“This is the way to the company.”

“Exactly.”

----

Kai follows Suho in to the building. Nothing has change, everything was still the same.

“Kai, is that you?” Kai looks ahead and sees all his friends.

“It is him.” The group of guys ran quickly and gave him a group hug.

“Yah, yah, yah, I can’t breathe.” They all let go of him, “It already late what are you guys still doing here.”

“We were practicing.” Said Sehun, “There is going to be a dance competition amongst the groups here and we’re doing it. Winners get a whole week vacation to anywhere they want. You want to join us.” Kai notice someone standing on the outside of the circle talking to Suho.

“Ani…I have some business to take care of.”  Kris looks back at him and smiles and leaves. Suho walks back to the guys. “Where is he going?”

“He is going to get SeulMi.”

“She is here.”

“Ne.” Suho nods.

“She has been coming here once every week ever since you left.” Said Tao

“At first we thought she came to visit Kris hyung.” Said Sehun

“Then we found out she comes to clean your office and changes the flowers in your room.” Said Luhan.

“Today just happens to be the day she came.” Said BaekHyun grins

“Have any of you guys talked to her?”

“Besides you guys and Kris hyung she barely talks to us.”

Kai excuses himself from the guys and walks towards the elevator. An elevator ride has never been so long in his entire life. He wanted to see SeulMi as soon as possible. He rushes to his office. As soon as he got to the front of his door he stops. He was scared about how SeulMi would react. Would she be happy to see him? He didn’t have time to think. He opens the door and stops at the site he saw.

“Oppa.”

“Kai.”

Kris was carrying SeulMi bridal style. She had her arms wrapped around his neck. What Kai thought was wrong. She never missed him. She was too in love with Kris to miss him. She just came to clean his office because they were friend.

“Sorry.” Kai looked down, “I didn’t mean to interrupt you two.” Kai closes the door and leaves.

Kris looks at SeulMi.

“Do you think he got the wrong idea?” SeulMi kept her eyes on the door.

“He always does.” Kris walks over to Kai’s desk and set SeulMi down in the wheelchair behind the computer chair. “Let’s go.” SeulMi rolled herself. Kris followed her.

 

Kai storm out of the elevators pass the guys. They were all surprise at his mood change.

“What is up with him?” ask Baekhyun. All the guys just shrugs their shoulders. Suho follows Kai to the car. When he got to the parking lot Kai drove off without him. He walks back and saw SeulMi and Kris talking with the guys.

“SeulMi ah.” She looks over

“Oppa?”

“Do you know why he ran off like that?”

“It is all just a big misunderstanding.” Seulmi took a deep breath and looks at Suho. “He saw Kris carrying me to my chair. Didn’t say anything and just left.” Suho just shook his head. “Did you need a ride home?”

“That would be great.”

-----

Next Day

Kai walks in with a headache for the day and throws his stuff on his desk. The scene of Kris holding SeulMi in his arms replay over his head. It was interrupted by a knock.

“Come in.” Xiumin walks over to the desk, “Morning Hyung.”

“What are you doing here?”

“Waeyo?”

“We have a meeting in 10. Ppalli.”  Kai quickly grabs his documents and follows his brother out. Everyone was in the meeting already. He saw SeulMi sitting on the other side of the room with Kris not too far away from her. Kai and his brothers sat across from SeulMi. SeulMi made eye contact with Kai and just gave him a light smile.

“Everyone settle down.” Said Mr. Kim, “Today we welcome back my son Kim JongIn.” Kai stood up and everyone claps, “And the retirement of Mr. Song Tae Hyun.” Mr. Song stood up and smiles at everyone. “Tonight we will hold a ceremony for the new CEO of Sujeong Corps, Kang SeulMi.” SeulMi smiles and nods at everyone.

“Isn’t it kind of rude to not stand up?” Kai whispers to Xiumin. Xiumin was surprise and glance at Suho. Suho just sighs and shook his head.

“I hope to see everyone there.”

Everyone got up and started to leave. Kai saw Kris walk over to SeulMi and hover over her. She talks to Kris with a smile. Xiumin notice what he was staring at and nudges him.

“Go over and talk to her.”

“Ani.” Kai grabs his stuff, “She has someone taking care of her already.” He walks out of the conference room. SeulMi turns her head and only sees Xiumin and Suho standing there.

“Are you okay?” Kris notice her expression

“He left again.” She sighs, “He is never going to learn.”

“He’ll know eventually.” Kris pats her head, “Let go eat lunch.” SeulMi nods. Kris unclasps the breaks to the wheelchair.

“Wait we still have to wait for DongWon oppa.” She looks at him, “He was going to talk to me about the security at Sujeong.”

 

Ririn gets out of the taxi and walks into the building to find Kai. DongWon not too far behind walks into the building to look for SeulMi and Kris. Ririn walks to the front desk.

“Hello, I’m here to look for Kim JongIn. We have a meeting today.”

“I’m sorry they just got out of a meeting.  He should be out soon.” Said the lady. DongWon walks up next to her.

“Hello.” Ririn recognizes the voice and turns her head around, “I’m here to pick up Ms. Kang SeulMi.”

“They just got out of a meeting so they should be out soon.”

“Thank you.” DongWon slightly turns his head. He does a double take and see Ririn staring at him. She was surprise to see him too.

“Oppa.”

“What are you doing here?”

Preview:

“Whenever a new girl like her, beautiful and perfect, pops up at KIM corps even I know who they’ll come with.”

“I was wondering if you’ll let me take her home.”

“You’re more important.”

“You’re transfer was important to me.”

 “Why DongWon? Why not Ririn?”

 “I’m here for work. You?”