Trade

Complicated Love: ToDay and Tomorrow

Xiumin treated EXO-M and EXO-K to batting with him. He was already batting in a cage batting his 2nd round.

“Why are we here exactly?” ask Kai. Suho points at Xiumin, who was busy batting.

“He needs to get his mind off the wedding.” Laughs Suho, “I guess he isn’t ready to tie the knot just yet.” They all start to chuckle

“Hey!” yell Xiumin with his focus on the baseballs, “Are you guys going to bat or talk like little girls.”

The guys all disperse into their own cages and starts to bat; the cages were completely filled. Kai, Kris, Suho and Tao sat on the benches waiting for their turns.

“Kai.” Said Tao, “Why don’t we have a contest.” Kai smiles, because he liked competition.

“What kind of contest?”

“Whoever makes the most hits wins.” Kai nods

“What is on the line?” Tao thought for a sec.

“I heard you are dating the GM of Sujeong Corps?” Kris and Suho’s ears perk up, “SeulMi is pretty too. So let say winner gets to take her on a date for a whole day.” Kai didn’t feel that it was right to put SeulMi on the line but what she didn’t know wouldn’t hurt and he knew that he was going to win.

“Kai!” Kai looks over his shoulder and saw Suho shaking his head. Kai ignores Suho and looks back at Tao.

“You’re on.” Kai smirks.

“Include me.” Suho tried to make sure nobody wins

“Me too.” Said Kris from Tao’s side. The two guys looks at him, “The more the merrier right?”

“I want in too.” Luna wraps her arm around Kai, surprising him, “But if I score more than oppa, oppa has to take me on a date.” Kai just smiles.

“Okay.”

 As they were chatting a baseball flies towards Kai, but Suho caught it. Kai looks over to see who it was.

“Yah! Watch were you’re throw the ball idiot!” yell Luna. She looks at Kai and examines his face like he was hurt. EXO also wanted to see who was so brave enough to throw a ball at the friend.

 Suho recognizes the throw and the impact of the ball.

----

SeulMi finish telling EunMi what had happened that week and the weekend trip.

“I think Kai is up to something.” Said SeulMi making EunMi shifts in her seat

“Up to what exactly? He seems perfectly fine by what you’re telling me. It also looks like somebody has feelings for you.”

“Unnie I told you before the way he treated me.” EunMi nods, “These last week he has been acting weird?”

“How weird exactly?” EunMi couldn’t figure out what she was talking about.

“Like he got hit with cupid’s arrow weird.”

“Isn’t that a good thing?” SeulMi shook her head

“I know how he really is unnie. This isn’t the Kim JongIn I know.” SeulMi was agitated by the thought, “He is only like this if there is…” then she thought of it. Something that if it was true, she might just throw herself in front of a car.

“What is it?” EunMi shook SeulMi’s shoulder, “If there is what?” SeulMi shook her head and felt the tears wanting to come out.

“If there is something for him at the end.”

SeulMi wonder how she could have been so blind not to see what was going on. SeulMi slowly remembers his expression when he threw the rings into the snowfield and the way he looked at Luna that day. Everything was finally in the clear. He made some sort of bet with someone and she was the objective.

“What exactly is there for him at the end?” SeulMi didn’t look at EunMi

“A reward.” EunMi notice how hurt SeulMi sounded, it was as if she just found the last missing piece to the puzzle she had been working so hard on. SeulMi was disappointed in herself.

 EunMi looks towards the batting cages and notice four familiar cars pulling in. And she was correct, EXO-K and EXO-M got out of those cars.

“SeulMi how about we go batting?” she gets up and pulls her along, “Xiumin tells me you’re pretty good.” She drags her towards the batting cages.

-----

“SeulMi.” The name that slips out of Suho mouth as he looks at the ball in his hand.

“I guess I’ll play too.” Said EunMi, she had a baseball in her hand, “Since we’re all still acting like kids and making bets I’ll play for SeulMi.” EunMi looks over her shoulder, “Who are you going to play for?”

SeulMi walks out from behind EunMi with a sliver bat. Everyone became quiet, not wanting to get hit with the bat. She looks straight at Kai who still hand Luna’s arms wrap around his neck. She notice he was still wearing the rings on his neck. Everyone watches as she takes the baseball cap and wears it. She take a deep breath.

“I’ll play for the rings, Kai.” She smirks at him, “Apparently you’re giving everything away so I’ll take the rings.” Kai and Suho notice the sad look in her eyes. “That is only if I don’t miss any.”

“What do I get if I win?” said Kai

“Ha.” SeulMi chuckles, “I thought the prize was already me?” she turns and enters a cage, “And competitors let’s make it whoever scores more out of two games.” SeulMi was about to put her token in when she stops, “Oh and after this,” she looks at Kai, “WE. ARE. OVER.” Everyone gulped and stared at Kai. Kai heart felt a tinge of hurt in his chest.

 They all didn’t know what he did wrong but they sure were glad they weren’t a part of it. She looks at Suho and Kris shaking her head in disappointment.

Everyone who finished batting got out and everyone else went in. EunMi got into the cage between Suho and SeulMi. Kai was between Tao and Luna. Kris was on the other side of SeulMi.

“SeulMi.” Said Kris, SeulMi’s focus was on the ball, “I’m sorry.”

“No need. I don’t want to hear it right now.” She swung the bat at the first ball making it hit over the machine. “That is one for me.”

From far she could feel Kai staring at her, but she ignored it. She put all of her emotion and anger into the bat and hit every ball that came at her. She felt so stupid, she was nothing but an object to him. It wasn’t just him but Kris and Suho also joined in.

SeulMi and EunMi got to the batting cages.

“I heard you are dating the GM of Sujeong Corps?” SeulMi heard an unfamiliar voice “SeulMi is pretty too. So let say winner gets to take her on a date for a whole day.”

EunMi looks at SeulMi. SeulMi had a ball in her hand and a bat in the other.

“Kai!” she heard Suho voice.

“You’re on.”

“Include me.”

“Me too. The more the merrier right?”

SeulMi felt her heart race. She recognized all three voices and they belonged to people who she thought were her friend.

“SeulMi, are you okay?” EunMi held her shoulder. The tears were fighting to come out.

“I want in too.” That did it.“But if I score more than oppa, oppa has to take me on a date.” Kai just smiles.

“Okay.” Before EunMi could react SeulMi threw the ball towards Kai, in hopes that it would hit him.

 

When they all came out SeulMi was sweating like crazy, she took off the hat and hanged it back up. Luna looked like she got hit by the baseballs instead of hitting them.

“From the looks of it,” said LuHan, “I think Kai and SeulMi are in a tie.”

“I agree.” Said Lay, “I was watching SeulMi and she didn’t miss one.”

“Same with Kai.” Said SeHun.

SeulMi went and put the bat down on the rack and walks up to Kai. Her face was so wet that her hair stuck onto her face.

“The necklace please.” She puts out her hand

“It is a tie.” Kai revoked

“I never said anything about a tie nor winning. I only said that if I didn’t miss any hits.” She sighs, “You on the other hand,” she pats his shoulder, “Get to go on a date with this girlfriend of yours,” she points at herself, “Correction…ex-girlfriend.” EXO wanted to say so many things at Kai but they knew that it wasn’t the best time for jokes, “Now if you’ll please.”

Kai took off the necklace without looking away from her. As soon as the rings were in her hands she walks away to the open field and throw it. She looks back.

“See you guys tomorrow.” She jogs off into the darkness. Suho hesitated to go after her. Kai runs after her to the field. Luna followed after them.

“Umm…let just go back to what we were doing.” Said Xiumin.

Xiumin stops as he stared at EunMi, not too far away from him. She just shook her head and goes to her car across the field. As she walks towards her car she step on something shiny and sliver. She picks it up.

SeulMi Pov

I continue walking without turning back. I didn’t even know where the car was located anymore since it was dark. I didn’t care all I wanted to do was get away as soon as possible. I could still hear the footsteps behind me.

“SeulMi!” I heard Kai getting closer to me, “Stop!” I stop in my tracks and turn around to look at him. “What do you think you were doing?” I kept my mouth shut. “Why did you throw the rings away?”

“I’m showing you how it feels to be cheated without anyone finding out until the last minute.” He became puzzled

“What are you talking about?”

“Don’t act stupid in front of me.” I scoff, “You made a bet with somebody didn’t you?” his look of astonishment was my answer, “I knew something was funny when you refused to sign the paper and started to act nice to me again. I’m slow but not stupid. ” I felt my body changing slowly, “You can go and tell whoever you made that little deal with that he better not let me know it was him.” I took a deep breath and stare at him “Let me ask you question?” He looks up at me, “Did you ever once loved me?” I knew knowing the answer to this question could and possible break me.

“Sue…” he sighs, I closed my eyes, “I loved your sister and I – ” he paused, “I will always love your sister. I’m sorry.” I bit my bottom lip, because I knew somewhere in my heart that he still loved SeulKi.

“We’re friends right?” I tried to smile, “I guess we were never meant to go beyond that.” I turned around, “But no matter what happened between us you’ll always going to be my friend.” I smirk, “Unnie wanted you to start with somebody new.”

“Sue.”

“I threw away the rings so that you can stop thinking about unnie. Stop living in the past.” I sigh, “Turn around and on the count of three walk away.”

I didn’t know if he did it or not but I counted to three and walked away, with the rings in my grasp.

Author Pov

Kai walked back slowly towards the batting cages where EunMi was waiting for him.

“Kai.”

“What do you want?”

EunMi took Kai’s hand and puts something inside of it. Kai looks down and saw a sliver bracelet with fake diamonds on it. Kai was speechless at what he saw.

“Isn’t this – ?”

“Seul Mi’s?” said EunMi, “I found that in the field when I was going to leave but I believe it was better if I had given it to you myself.” Kai kept his eyes on the bracelet, “I believe that was what she threw away not the rings.”

“I don’t understand. Why would she throw away this?” Kai lifts it up and the chain holding it together breaks. EunMi and Kai looks at each other.

----

SeulMi was walking to her car. Her head was full of things and memories she didn’t want. Everything was a lie. “Babo.” She mumbles, “He lied to you and you didn’t even know.”

Kai, what are you doing?”

“Doing whatever I can to convince you that my feelings are true.”

----

 “Don’t worry hyung I’m here to talk to my girlfriend.” He looks straight at SeulMi and smiles. “Right SeulMi.”

All of a sudden she gets hit on the head by a bat. She doesn’t see the person but she hangs on to the rings tightly as the blows knock her out cold. “Unnie” were her last words

----

Kai enter his home and it was dark. He didn’t see SeulMi’s car in the driveway so he assumed she went out. He walk into his little office and takes out a small tool box. He sets the broken bracelet onto the desk and tries to fix it.

After 20 minutes or so he got it fix and goes to their bedroom. He walks over to SeulMi’s dresser and sets it there. He notice a black gift bag, it was very old. He takes it out and saw a grey scarf inside. He pulls it out and an envelope drops. He saw his name on the envelope and open the card to read it.

♥Happy 16th Birthday JongIn Oppa♥

I didn’t know what you want so I knit this for you. I know that we’ve been friends for years so I wanted to tell you that I like you. I know it is weird for me to say. I know you only see my as your little sister but I want to be more than that. Please do consider my feelings.

Sincerely your BF,

Kang SeulMi

Kai puts the card down and looks at the scarf. It was plain but beautifully knitted.

“I’m sorry SeulMi.” He glide his hand over it.

----

EunMi, Xiumin, Suho and SeulMi’s aunt and uncle sat outside the emergency room. Suho had blood on his shirt. Everyone was nervous and praying.

“Hey!” yells Suho when a figure ran past him. The person dropped a bloody bat next to him. Suho notice a body up ahead.

As Suho got closer the person looked more familiar.

“No.” he ran to the body and turns it over, “SeulMi!” he puts her on his lap. The blood trickles from her head. He notices the rings in her hands, “SeulMi wake up! Stay with me.” He took out his phone and calls the hospital.

The emergency light turn off and the doctor comes out.

“How is my niece doing?” ask Mr. Song. Dr. Yoon shakes his head and sighs

“We were able to stitch up the wound and stabilize her condition.” He looks at Mr. Song, “Mr. Song, I don’t think she is going to last much longer.”

“How much longer?” ask Mrs. Song, “How much longer does she have left?” The younger adults’ ear perked up at the question.

“If she start treatment now, she’ll be fine. But that is also up to chance now too.” The doctor sighs, “I’ll talk to you guys privately over this matter.” Mrs. Song breaks down.

“Ajussi, what is Dr. Yoon talking about?” Suho was anxious, he thought all she got was a head injury, “What do you guys mean?”

Mr. Song looks at the guys and shakes his head.

“Ajussi, please tell us.” pleaded EunMi

“SeulMi was diagnosed with Leukemia last year.” He sighs, “She refused treatment.” Everyone was shocked and confused.

“Why didn’t anyone tell us?” said Xiumin, “We could have did something?”

“She wouldn’t allow us. If we did she threaten to leave and never do treatment. She said that on her own time she do it.”

“We have to tell JongIn.” Xiumin took out his phone.

“Don’t” said Dr. Yoon. Everyone looks at the doctor, “She refuses to let him know and as my client and patient I can’t allow you guys to do that.”

“Why?” said EunMi, “He is her husband.”

“She told me that they were getting a divorce and not to tell him, because there was no point in making him worry about her.”

----

Kai walks into the building with the bracelet in a box. He walks into the dance room and notice that SeulMi wasn’t there. He enters to room without permission.

“Where is SeulMi?” asked Kai as he hides the box behind him. Kris stood up and looked at him.

“She didn’t come into today. Nor did your brothers.” Kris crosses his arm, “Did they not tell you?”

“No actual.” Kai was disappointed, “Thanks anyways.” He exits the room. He takes out his phone and calls his brothers but neither one picked up.

Just then

RING

“Suho.” Said Kai, “Where are you?”

“You’ve lost.”

“What?” Kai was confused, “Where are you? Actually, where is SeulMi?” the line was quiet, “Hyung.”

“Meet me at xxxx hospital.” The line went dead.

Kai didn’t know why but he ran as fast as he could to his car. By the sound of Suho’s voice something had happened.

----

Suho stood in the parking lot waiting for his brother as he remembers SeulMi’s words from a hour ago.

“Don’t let him know oppa.” said a weak SeulMi, “I know what he has done wrong, don’t use it as a punishment. I was the one that kept it away from him. If you punish anyone it should be me.”

Kai’s car pull into the parking lot. Kai ran out and meets up with his brother.

“Where is SeulMi?” he looks at his brother.

“Before I tell you where she is let me say something first.”

POW

Kai falls onto the floor. Suho get on top of him and grabs Kai’s collar. “I don’t know what has gotten into that head of yours but I suggest you clear it out. I also suggest you get your priority straight too. But I am actually here to tell you what I want.” He lets go of Kai’s collar. Kai gets up and wipes the blood from his mouth.

“What?”

“You…aren’t allowed to leave SeulMi until she dies. In other words you have to love her until her last breath.”

“You know I can’t do that.”

“Why is that?” Kai avoids Suho’s gaze, “If you say it is because of SeulKi, I swear I’ll strangle you right here.”

“You can’t force somebody to love someone they don’t love.”

“You.” Suho snickers, “You already love SeulMi. I can see it in your eyes. Even if it isn’t love I can tell you have feelings for her.” Suho restrain himself from punching his brother, “If not what are you doing here?”

“SeulMi is my friend. And if you haven’t notice YiFan likes her.”

“She is your wife and I hope you tell the guys yourself before I do it for you.” He sighs, “The only reason you can’t love her is because she is SeulKi’s sister. You promise SeulKi that you’ll love her forever, but her forever ended that night she died Kai.” Kai looked piss, “Have you ever wonder why SeulMi is your best friend? Huh? Have you ever wonder why she stick her neck up for you? That is because it was the next closest thing to becoming someone you love and care for.”

“If you care so much why don’t you take her?”

“She was never mines to take. She loved you way before SeulKi liked you. I’ve seen it but you were too blinded by beauty to see the girl by your side. That one thing I want to let you know also, beauty isn’t everything. Luna can be an example.” Kai glares at Suho, “It is all commitment and dedication.” Suho scoffs, “She is in that hospital right now, waiting for you. Don’t do anything to upset her.”

Preview:

“Is this how Prince Florian felt when he saw Snow White in the glass casket?”

“That is the old Kai I used to know…Yet the old one can come back so quick.”

“We all know about your condition.”

“SeulMi ran out of the hospital.”

“I thought you guys are only friends and this was just a stupid bet.”

Author's Note: Annyeonghaseyo! How do you like it so far? Please let me know your thoughts. Until next time. ♥