No One

Complicated Love: ToDay and Tomorrow

Kai and SeulMi sat down at a bench and watch as everyone began to leave the park: families, couples, you name it.

“It been awhile hasn’t it?” SeulMi broke the silence, “Since we sat like this together.” She smiles,

Kai said nothing but nod

“Tomorrow is SeulKi, umma and appa’s memorial. I was thinking I’ll do it at my old home. I would like it if you came and join.”

“I’ll see about it, mostly likely I’ll come.” He leans back on the bench, “So you’re really not coming home tonight?” She sighs and smiles

“They say home is where the heart lies. I don’t know where my heart is right now.” she closes her eyes, “About what I said earlier this morning.” Her eyes opened

“The divorce?”

“Yeah and the weekend thing. We can hold that off until next weekend I’ll let you know by then.” Kai had nothing to say. She looks at her watch, “It already late. We should be going home.” SeulMi stood up to leave

“SeulMi,”

“Hmm” She hoped he would say something.

“Nevermind.” She nods

“Goodbye Kai. I hope to see you tomorrow.” He watches her walk into the parking lot and drives off.

“Are you worried about me too? Kai stayed quiet not knowing how to answer her, “You don’t have to answer that.” She pulls her wrist from his grip, “I know you’re only out here because Xiumin oppa and Suho oppa told you to.”

“You never cease to amaze me.”

“That what friends are or right.” She smiles, “We are able to read minds.”

----

Kai threw his keys on the couch and lays down.

“Why are you so stupid, Kim JongIn?” He scold himself, “Why are you acting this way?”

“Have you heard the term about falling in love with your best friend?”

“No.” he quickly sat up, “No. she is just a friend, I don’t even like her.”

“If I could say, she knew more about you then SeulKi ever did. The poor girl is in love with you, you lunatic.”

“Aish.” He messes up his hair, “Kang SeulMi what are you doing to me?” he goes to the kitchen and grabs a glass of water and sits at the dining table.

“JongIn oppa.” He sees SeulMi smiling in front of him, “Have you ate yet? I made your favorite, spicy rice cake.” The figure slowly vanished.

“I must be losing my mind.” He rubs his eyes

“JongIn!” he turns around and sees her by in the living room, “Do you not know how to clean up after yourself.” He was speechless, “Unnie would be mad if she saw your house like this.” She vanishes again and appears next to him.

“Jonggie oppa,” he looks at her, “Did unnie and you get into a fight?” she smiles, “Don’t worry I’ll talk to her for you she’ll understand you.”

Kai got up and sat on the couch and shakes his head.

“Just breathe JongIn. Breath.” He closes his eyes

“Jong In” his eyes shot open. SeulMi stood in front of him with movie tickets, “Let’s go and watch a movie. That always cheers you up.” The figure vanishes

RING RING (Luna)

He gets up and goes pick his phone.

“Hello?”

“Oppa.”

“Luna, what is wrong?”

“Are you busy tomorrow?”

“Tomorrow is SeulKi, umma and appa’s memorial.”

“Why?” he sighs

“I need you to help me move into my new apartment tomorrow.”

“Okay, I’ll drop by tomorrow morning.” He hangs up.

----

SeulMi’s old home was basically a mansion. It was more towards the country side where it was quiet and calm. Almost isolated.

SeulMi was in her living room setting up for the memorial service later that day. The maids and servants walk back and forth with flowers and food.

“SeulMi ssi?” ask a house maid, “Where did you want these?” she had the two large envelopes in her hand.

“You can put those in my rooms.” The maid leaves.

“SeulMi.” She heard a familiar voice.

“Oh unnie. Xiumin oppa.” She walks over and greets them, “Thank you for coming.”

“It is my pleasure, since I didn’t get to meet them in life. Plus you’re family.” Said EunMi. Xiumin looks around the house.

“Where is JongIn?” he asks. SeulMi’s smiles drops.

“I told him yesterday, he said he’ll come.” She looks behind Xiumin, “Where is Suho oppa?”

“He is coming later. We still have some business to take care of.”

“What about eomoni and abeoji?”

“They couldn’t make it. They said that they’re sorry.”

“I understand, ajussi and ajumma couldn’t make it today either.”

“So, what do you need help with?” asked EunMi

----

Kai helps Luna unload her car. He brings her last box into her new apartment.

“That is the last box.” He pats his hands

“Thanks oppa.” Luna came out of the kitchen, “Before you go let me treat you to lunch.”

“I’m sorry I got to go.”

“No I insist. You did help me after all.” Kai nods his head

----

It was already three o’clock in the afternoon and Kai was nowhere to be seen. Suho, Sehun, and Kris came along.

“Suho oppa.” SeulMi saw the guys behind him

“They heard that I was coming and decide to come along.” Kris and Sehun bow

“That isn’t a problem, please come in.” they all enter. Suho looks around and memories of the past came to him.

“I almost got lost coming here. It almost as if I step back into the past.” He smiles, “Where is Kai?”

“Not here yet.”

“Did you try calling him?” she shook her head

“He must be busy. I don’t want to bother him.”

“Didn’t he say something about helping somebody move today?” ask Sehun

“You mean Luna.” Said Kris. SeulMi wasn’t surprised

“Well he better get here quick, I heard there is a storm coming and the roads here are all dirt.” Said Suho.

 

The storm had already began and Kai was nowhere to be seen. SeulMi stood at the door welcoming and thanking people who came; but her mind had only Kai.  Kris walks up to her.

“You should be sitting in there you know that?” she said

“I know.” He smiles, “But I can’t leave you out here alone.” He notices the storm, “It is bad isn’t it?” she nods, “You suppose he’ll make it?”

“He will. He always do when it comes to unnie.” Kris becomes confuse

“You know, I always heard about your unnie and Kai. I’m very curious about their relationship.” He puts his hands in his pocket, “If you want to tell me of course.”

“We all grew up with each other as kids.” She smile, “We both got along with Kai just fine; he was my best friend and they were basically lovers. Anyone who knew them saw that they had feelings for each other. On Kai’s 16 birthday he finally built up the courage to ask unnie out. At 19 he asked for her hand in marriage and planned to marry her two years later, both of our parents agreed and said that it was good for the company in the future. But fate was twisted.”  She sighs, “It was the year they were supposed to get married. Both side of the family was planning on meeting for dinner to plan the event. On the way to the meeting our car went out of control and we ran into a tree. Both my parent died instantly, unnie was unconscious and I had minor injuries.”

“I’m really sorry SeulMi.”

“Don’t be. The past is the past.” She smile, “We live for today and tomorrow.” One of the maids quickly ran to her.

“Madam.”

“What is wrong?”

“Mr. Kai called and said that he is lost in the storm somewhere.”

“Where?”

“I don’t know.” Suho and Xiumin notice something wrong and came running to them.

“What is wrong SeulMi?” asked Suho

“We just got a call from Kai. He said that he is lost in the storm.” She stops and thinks really quick, “Kris, you, Sehun and unnie stay here since you guys don’t know the ground. Suho oppa, you remember these roads well enough right?” he nods, “You and Xiumin take the east trail and see if he is there. It is best to take the side walk, you won’t get through all this mud with a car.”

“What about you?”

“There is only two ways of getting here. I’ll go the other way.”

“Not by yourself.” Said Suho

“I’ll go with her.” Said Kris.

----

Kai was lost in the storm, and to his avail his car was stuck in the mud.

“Great.” He hits the steering wheel, he looks out his window at the heavy rain.

“Jong In.” runs 16 year old SeulMi to a shelter, “Come on you have to get out of the rain.” Kai follows behind her. “Terrible day for catching bugs.” The rain fell heavily.

“I wonder how Suho and SeulKi is doing.”

“They’re probably home by now. The place they went to is closer to the house anyways.” She ringed the water out of her hair.

“We should get going to the house too.”

“It isn’t safe to go out like this. We have to wait for the rain to lighten up.” Kai didn’t listen and walks out into the rain. “Jong In come back.”

“Ahhh!” Kai trips and falls

“JongIn.” She rushes over. Kai had twisted his ankle, “Are you okay?”

“I don’t think so.” He tries to move his leg, “Ahh.”

“Don’t move it. I think you twisted it.” She looks around, “We need to get you back into that shelter.” She helps him up and back into the shelter. She sets him onto a bench, “I told you to not go out into the rain. You never listen to me. Now you’re injured.”

“Sorry.” SeulMi looks at him, “I’m just worry about SeulKi.” Her expression saddens

“Why don’t you worry about yourself? I told you, she is probably home and safe with Xiumin and Suho.” She sighs, “Now you got people worrying about you.” She walks inside the shelter

“What are you doing?”

“Unnie and I always put dry wood here so that whenever we camp out we have a fire.” SeulMi starts the fire and goes back and help Kai sit next to it and cuddle with him

“What are you doing?”

“Keeping you warm. You know you get sick easily don’t you?”

“Gomawa.”

KNOCK

Kai broke out of his trance. He opens his car door.

“What took you so long?”

 

Kris and SeulMi went to through trails towards the road.

“Kris.” He looks at her, “You go back that way and I’ll go towards the other side. If you get lost just follow the trails back east.” Kris nods

“What about you?”

“I’ll be fine. This place is like my backyard.”

“Be careful.” He walks the other way.

SeulMi head towards the dirt road but there were no car there. The rain was getting heavier to the point it you wanted to cut it you could. It was also getting pretty slippery.

“KAI!” she yells, “KAI WHERE ARE YOU!” she walked back towards the house, “KAI – AHHH!”

 

Kai and his brothers return to the house drenched.

“We’re most likely staying here for the night.” Said Suho. The maid brought them towels to dry themselves.

“Min.” EunMi runs to them

“Is Kris and SeulMi back yet?” Kai stop drying his hair

“No and the storm is getting worse.”

The wind was blowing hard and the rain was pouring. Through the rain they spy a figure running towards them. Kris came running in.

“Kai.”

“Kris.” Kai walks up to him, “Where is SeulMi?”

“We both split up looking for you, and then the storm got bad so I came back hoping she was already here.” He looks around, “Is she not back yet?”

“Which trail did you take?” Kai demanded

“The west trail.” Kai threw his towel and ran out into the rain.

“Kai!”

 

SeulMi sat in the rain where she tripped. She was soaked all the way through. The surroundings were familiar to her. She saw the shelter not too far away. She twisted her wrist and her leg stings but she knew she had to get to the shelter or it would be worse. She got up and slowly taking her time walking to the shelter making sure she didn’t slip again.

“SeulMi!” she hears somebody call her, “SeulMi.” She turns around. Kai spotted her not too far from where he was. She was happy and relieve that he was okay, “SeulMi, stay were you are.” He ran towards her and grabs her arm looking all around her, “Are you okay? Are you hurt?” he saw her knee. “You’re bleeding.” He looks up and sees the shelter not too far away from them. “Let’s go to the shelter.”

He kicks the door down and sets her on the bench as he went and start the fire. He found some pads and quickly wrap her leg.

“You should’ve never came and look for me.” Kai voice was cold, “You know how bad this storm is. What if we couldn’t find you?”

“I was worried.”

“Worried about what? You know you are in no condition to be looking for me SeulMi!”

“I’m sorry.” She avoid looking at him.

“Look at me when I’m talking to you.” He grabs her wrist making her wince. “What is wrong?” he looks at her wrist and pokes it.

“Ahh.” He takes closer look at it

“You might have twisted your wrist.” He sighs, “When the rain lightens up we can go back to the house.”

“We should head back now.” SeulMi stood up

“No. Are you crazy?”

“I’m not crazy. I think it would be the best if we head back to the house so that no one would be worry.” She sighs, “I still have guests at the house too.”

 She walks towards the door but Kai blocks her.

“You need to stay and rest. I’m pretty sure hyung has everything under control.”

“Those people are my guest not theirs. It my family’s funeral not his. So I suggest you move aside Kai.”

“The reason you’re in this situation is because you worry about other too much. You worry about what people think and feels about you. Why don’t you worry about yourself?” she looks at him, “Because now you got people worrying about you.”

 For a second she thought he actually cared until she saw the rings hanging from his neck and remembers that this wasn’t real.

“No one worries about me Kai.” She walks closer to him, “They are just worried about what would happen if I was gone.” She smirks, “Like you for example. If I’m gone, no one would be in the way for you to date other girls. Nor would you have to worry about your friends finding out about our status.”

“SeulMi.”

“I’m tired of this Kai.” Her tears glim in her eyes, but they were mistaken because of her wet hair, “The papers are in my room, I’ll give them to you later.” She sighs and looks away, “Lets head back to the house. The storm is starting to quiet down.”

Preview:

“SeulMi, what is this? A divorce?”

“Hyung are you okay?”

 “He is burning up.”

“I used to dance with Suho and Kai a lot when we were younger. It was just a hobby we picked up.”

“You don’t look like the type to dance.”

“Because nothing I do matters to you.”

[A/N]

Sorry  for the Lzter update. Hope  you've enjoyed it so far.

-asianflava13