Search

Complicated Love: ToDay and Tomorrow

SeulMi laid on the bed with her eye closed, an I.V., and a bandage around her head. EunMi and Mrs. Song sat on the couch next to her. Xuimin, Mr. Kim and Mr. Song stood around the bed watching her sleep.

“How long has she been out?” ask Mr. Kim

“She woke up not too long ago,” said Xiumin, “but she doze off to sleep after the medication.” Mr. Kim nods his head.

“Did they say anything about the injury?”

“Nothing major just wounds.” EunMi sighs, “Whoever tried to harm her didn’t want her to die, just hurt her. According to police reports she was just robbed. They took her wallet, and phone and ran off.”

Everyone stood in silence as they watch her sleep in the bed. SeulMi face was pale from the loss of blood and she had bruise on her face due the impact of the hit.

“Where is Kai?”

“He is on his way according to Suho, appa.” Said Xiumin

Mr. Kim sighs in disappointment and shook his head.

“When will this son learn that family comes first? SeulMi is lying here and almost dead and he is out there flirting with girls.”

“Don’t blame him abeoji.” Said a weak voice.

 Everyone focus was on SeulMi as she tried to speak.

“SeulMi, how are you feeling?” Mrs. Song quickly got up.

“I’m just dizzy from the medicine.” SeulMi’s focus was on Mr. Kim again, “Abeoji don’t blame him, it is partially my fault as well. I haven’t been doing my job as a wife. I’m sorry.”

“SeulMi.” He hesitated

“I think we should all leave and let her rest.” Said EunMi as she checked the monitors, “Everyone needs to rest also, none of you guys have left since last night.”

Everyone starts to leave, but EunMi turns back and looks at SeulMi.

“If you need anything just ring the bell.” EunMi smiles at her.

“Unnie is this the place you’re doing your internship at?”

“Ne.” EunMi fixes SeulMi’s sheets, “Now get some sleep, the resident and I will come and check up on you later.” EunMi turn off the light and leaves the room.

SeulMi closed her eyes and relaxed as she doze off. Suddenly she felt someone her hair. She slowly opens her eyes and was surprised to see Kai there.

“Kai.” She spoke with a hoarse voice, “When did you get in here?” Kai smirk at her.

“I was already in the room way before appa got here. Everyone was eating lunch and only ajumma was in here.” Kai took a closer look at the bandage around her head, “How are you feeling?”

“Still light headed but I’ve been better.” He sits down beside her

“Does it hurt?” he brings his hand up to touch the bandage but retracts is back.

“A little.” She notices his face, “What happen to you?” she pokes his cheek and he winces, “Who beat you up?” he puts her hand down.

“Don’t worry about me. You’re the one that needs to be worried about.” Kai sighs, “What happened to you? Do you remember?” She shook her head and gasps at the dizziness.

“After we separated I went and walked around for a bit. I was returning to my car when I got hit. I don’t remember who attacked me. I wish I could, but I guess it is better off without me remembering.”  She slowly closes her eye.

Kai continues to stare at her. Her pale skin, that made her pink lips even pinker, and her lovely brown hair that frame her face.

*Is this how Prince Florian felt when he saw Snow White in the glass casket?* he thought to himself. He slowly inched closer to her face. *Is this how enchanted he felt?*

“I’m not asleep you know?” Kai quickly leans back into his chair, “I can tell by your breathing you’re thinking about something. Or something is bothering you.” She opens her eye and turns to him.

“N-no.” he stuttered, “Nothing at all.” He looks away, “Why would you think that?”

She smiles at him. *That is the old Kai I used to know.*

RING

Kai and SeulMi looks at his pocket. Kai quickly stands up and answers his phone.

“Hello?”

“Oppa.” Luna stuttered on the other line, loud enough for SeulMi to hear.

“What is wrong Luna?”

“Oppa.” She cries, “I need help. There is a man in my apartment right now.” she gasp, “I’m scared oppa.”

“I’ll be right there. Don’t do anything just stay in your room.” Kai hung up his phone and turns around to look at SeulMi. She had fallen asleep. He takes a quick look at her and walks out of the room.

“Yet the old one can come back so quick.” She sighs and touches the chain on her neck

----

Luna cowards in a corner in her room. Her clothes stain with blood and her eyes are filled with fear. Her clothes half torn. On her apartment floor lays an unconscious man with blood coming from his head. Not too far away from him was a baseball bat.

“Luna!”

She hears a man yell and quickly gets up and runs opens her door. Kai stood at the door looking down at the unconscious man. He looks up and sees Luna at the other end of the hall.

“Oppa.” She ran into his arm. He comforted her.

“Are you alright?”  She nods, “Did he hurt you anywhere?” She shook her head. “Go to your room and get changed. I’m going to call the police and report this.” He took off his jacket and covers her.

The police came and took the man to the hospital and taken down a report. Luna was still in shock. Kai took her to his house. He gave her a cup of tea and sat down next to her.

“What exactly happen?”

“I felt someone following me from the park last night.” She sighs, “I ran as fast as I could run from my car with my batting equipment. I was too slow and he got in and tried to me. I took my bat from my bag and hit him with it.” She started to cry, “I didn’t know what else to do. Before I knew it he was bleeding.”

Kai but his hands around her and tried to cheer her up.

“You’ll be just fine.”

----

SeulMi sat up in the bed reading a novel. EunMi came in with her medicine.

“You’re up?” EunMi smiles and looks around, “Where is he?”

“Who?” SeulMi didn’t keep her nose out of the book

“Kai.” She gives SeulMi her medication, “I know he was here. I made everyone leave so he could talk to you.”

“He left already.” She turns the page.

“He left you. In this condition?” EunMi was not surprised but she thought Kai would at least thought about SeulMi’s condition.

“He was busy and I told him he could go.” She puts the book down, “Beside, you’re here with me. I’m not alone.” That was a lie; as soon as Kai left she felt more alone than ever.

“SeulMi, I know you’re not alright. We all know about your condition.” SeulMi stares at EunMi, “Dr. Yoon told us already. Everyone knows except for Kai.”

“I know I can still be cured.”

“Only a few people have survived from this.” EunMi sits down, “Your chance are as big as theirs.”

“Unnie you ever wonder why I stop going to the doctors?” she took a deep breath, “That is because I knew everyone was going to react like this. I knew everyone was going to pity me and I don’t need any of that. I don’t need you guys to give special treatment to me.”

“SeulMi, I – I didn’t mean it like that.”

“I would like it if you left me alone right now.” EunMi took one look at SeulMi and leaves. SeulMi gets up and grabs her clothes from the closet and changes.

 

SeulMi opens her door slightly and looks at both end of the hall. She takes her cap that she bought with Kai and wears it to cover her face. She keeps her head down making sure no one notices her. She bumps right into Kris without him noticing and continues on her way.

Kris and Suho notice the familiar figure but heads up to SeulMi’s room. When he got there the room was empty.

“SeulMi.” Suho ran followed by Kris, but she was already gone, “Where are you now SeulMi?”

----

SeulMi went back to the park and got her car. She drove to the house to grab her things. She saw Kai’s car in the driveway and wonder if he was home. So she parked a little bit father from the house. She took EunMi’s phone.

RING

“Hello?” Luna was asleep on Kai’s lap.

“Kai?”

“SeulMi? Why are you calling me?” he seems shocked to be called by SeulMi, “You should still be resting in bed.”

“I woke up and you were gone so I was wondering where you went.”

“I-I” he looks down at Luna, “I went back to the company.”

“Oh…” She sigh,*you’ll never learn.* “I was wondering if you can grab me some stuff from home.”

“What did you need?”

“I need some clothes and just some books. EunMi said that I am going to be here for a bit. Just something to keep me company.”

“Okay.”

“Kai…”

“Yes.”

“Thanks.”

SeulMi waited while Kai left the house. SeulMi turns on her engine, but before she could drive off she saw Luna right behind him, following him into the car. What she fear had come true at the same time it was what she wished to happen.

----

Kai and Luna are in the car heading for the hospital with the things SeulMi asked for, when his phone rings. Luna picks up the phone.

“It is your brother.” She hands him the phone

“Yes, Hyung?”

“Have you seen SeulMi?”

“Why?” he raised his voice, “What happened?”

“SeulMi ran out of the hospital.”

“What! That is impossible. She – she just.”

“Just what?”

“I’ll call you later hyung.” He hung up the phone.

“What did Suho ssi want?”

“SeulMi ran away from the hospital.” Kai does a U-turn back to the house.

----

SeulMi walks around and grabs her things. She took out a small suitcase and gathers her stuff from their room. She sees a box on her dresser. She slowly grabs it off the dresser and opens it. Inside was a note and the bracelet.

I can’t believe you kept this for this long. Don’t ever throw this away again. Even if you try to trick me. I know this means a lot to you. To both of us.

“I know what it means to me but what does it mean to you?”

 

The door bursts open.

“SeulMi!” Kai went up the stairs to their room, “SeulMi.” she wasn’t there. She was gone. Kai looked through all the dresser, closets and boxes. All of her things were gone. He finally looked at her dresser by the bed. When he open the dresser the only thing there was the hat, her part of the couple’s glove and an envelope.

“Why is SeulMi here?” ask Luna. Kai forgotten that no one knew they were married. “Why does she live with you?” Kai looks back at Luna. She walks up to him. “I thought you guys are only friends and this was just a stupid bet.”

“Whatever goes on between SeulMi and I isn’t any of your concern Luna.” He walks pass her, “Now if you’ll excuse me I have a missing person to look for.” He walks pass her.

“She means more to you than what you are telling us.” She look hurt, “I saw you guys last night. I heard everything.” She walks in front of Kai, “I can tell she means a lot to you. More than a friend.”

“That is because she is my best friend, one that can’t be replaced, even by you.” Kai walks pass her, “You can stay her for the night. As soon as they are done investigating your apartment you may leave.” Kai walks out the door

----

SeulMi laid down on her old bed. She has never felt so heavy in her entire life. She had the bracelet on and the necklace.

“SeulMi ah.” SeulMi sat up

“Yes Ajumma.”

“Are you sure you should be out and about. Your condition isn’t that great.”

“It is okay ajumma. As long as I am in bed I should be fine.”

“What about Kai?” SeulMi felt sadness overcome her. Kai was the last thing she wanted to think about right now. She was so glad that her phone was taken also; because she knew she would had about a thousand texts and missed call.

“What about him?”

“Shouldn’t you tell him you’re here?”

“I don’t want to bother him. So I came here to spend time with you.” She goes and hugs her aunt, “I want to spend time with my family. Don’t tell anyone I am here, I need my rest and need some sleep.”

“I’ll leave you to rest than.” Her aunt leaves her. SeulMi climbs onto her bed and stares at the ceiling.

She stares at band on her finger and kisses it.

“I’ll protect you no matter what happens.”

----

Kai runs around the parks and all the place he could think of but she was nowhere to be found. Suho, Kris and all of the others had also joined in the search to look for her.

“She isn’t here.” Said Tao, “We’ve searched everywhere.”

“We can’t give up, not yet.” Said Kai

“Maybe she doesn’t want to be found.” Said Kris, “She left for a reason.”

“And how do you know that?” said Kai

“Because I actually talk to the girl. She isn’t one to give up easily. She just want time away. She be found when she wants to be found.”

“No, I’m not leaving her in that condition.”

“If you didn’t leave her in the first place she would have never been in that condition.”

“If you want to stop looking than you can, but I won’t.” Kai goes off in different direction.

“What so special about her anyways?” ask BaekHyun, “We all know you guys are good friends in all but is there something there we don’t know about?”

“She is…” He looks at Suho, “She is…”

Preview:

“I’m willing to take responsibility for her.”

 “Go back to Kai…He has been looking for you all day”

“This is a symbol of our friendship that you threw away, so I thought maybe you didn’t care.”

“I’m dying.”