Question

Complicated Love: ToDay and Tomorrow

“Bwoh?” SeulMi drops her spoon. Her aunt and uncle continue eating their breakfast.

“I said that your aunt and I are going to be gone for a month or so for a vacation.” Said Mr. Song, “So I asked someone to come and stay here with you while we’re gone.”

“Ajeossi, I don’t need anyone to come and with me, I can stay by myself.”

“Ani…your ajumma won’t let you stay alone by yourself. She worried you might get hurt so we decided that it is best to have some here with you.”

“Ajeossi, I’m not a little kid anymore.”

“But you’re still my niece,” said Mrs. Song, “I agree with your ajeossi.” SeulMi leans back into her seat and sighs. She stirs her coffee.

“When are you guys leaving?”

“Tonight.” SeulMi’s jaw drop. Jean walks into the kitchen and whispers something into Mr. Song’s ear. “Let him in.”

“Who is here?” She stares at her uncle. Just then a slim tall figure comes into the room.

“The person who is going to be staying with you.”

“Good Morning everyone.” SeulMi looks up to find Kai with a duffle bag slung over his shoulder and his luggage behind him. He caught SeulMi looking at him. He smirks at her, “Morning SeulMi.” He did a little wave.

“Ajeossi.” Mr. Song ignored her. She looks at her aunt, “Ajumma.” She only shook her head at her. She looks up at Kai who stood in front of her with a smile.

“Now is that anyway to treat a friend.” Jean took Kai’s stuff to his room. He walks over and hovers over SeulMi, “If you’re done eating let get ready for work.” SeulMi sighs in disappointment.

“I already told Kris not to come.” Said Mr. Song, “He’ll meet you at the company.” SeulMi just felt annoyed.

-----

Ririn and DongWon waited at the entrance for SeulMi and Kai.

“DongWon.” Ririn says in a low voice, “I want to say thank you for yesterday.” DongWon doesn’t answer her, “And I just want to apologize for what happened.”

“There is nothing to apologize for.” DongWon kept his focus on the road.

“Will you please just let me explain?”

“Explain why you left, or what you’re sorry for?”

“Both.”

“Maybe some other time.” DongWon walked outside as the car pulled in. To his surprise it was Kai’s car instead of Kris. DongWon opens the door, “Morning SeulMi.”

“Morning oppa.” Kai squeeze in between the two.

“Excuse me.” He unfold the wheel chair and picks up SeulMi and sets her in her chair. Ririn, June, and Luke comes running over to greet them. Kai pushes SeulMi inside.

“Morning.” Ririn next to Kai.

“Morning Ririn.”

“What is the schedule for today June?” June looks through the tablet.

“Nothing much, we just need yours and Mr. Kim’s approval on some finance.” SeulMi nods. Kai looks at Luke.

“How does our day look like?”

“Same sir…but Mr. Song called not too long ago.”

“What does ajeossi want?” asked SeulMi

“Something about grocery shopping and packing for the trip.” SeulMi glares at Kai, all he did was smile. “Oh and Mr. JoonMyun called also, he wants to meet you two for lunch.”

“Thanks Luke.” SeulMi says. Kai pushes her towards the elevator.

 

SeulMi finishes up the documents when her door opens. She looks up and sees Kai walking towards her.

“Are you ready for lunch?” Kai leans on her desk but she pays no attention to him. She keeps her eye on the computer.

“Did I say you can come into my office whenever you like?”

“Ani…but you never said I couldn’t.” SeulMi looks over at him and shakes her head and looks at the time.

“It almost lunch time.”

“We’ll meet with hyung first then we’ll go shopping for food…ne?”

“Ne.” Kai starts to walk out her office. He stops and turns around.

“Oh…thanks for the furniture.” SeulMi felt her face began to blush, “You never do miss a single detail do you?” Kai just smiles and leaves the office.

----

The three sat down and had lunch together.

“So SeulMi.”

“Yes?” she wipes with a napkin.

“Have you decide who is going to help with the security with you guys?”

“I’ve picked out two, I’m letting DongWon and Ririn ssi pick out the last three.” She took a sip of her water, “What about you guys?”

“We’ve found four so far, we’re working on our last one.”  SeulMi nods. Kai felt left out of the conversation and Suho notice it, “Kai.”

“Ne, Hyung.”

“How is the position so far? Hard?”

“It only been two days hyung, it hasn’t really hit me yet.” Suho nods, “Well then, why don’t you tell us about Ilsan? I’m pretty sure we both want to hear about your time there.”

“There wasn’t anything special there. I did basically what I did at KIM corps.”

“Talk to girls?”

“Ani.” He took a quick glance a SeulMi who was listening to the whole conversation with a smirk. “I didn’t even have the time of day to do that. I was basically working my off.”

“I’ll tell you first than,” Suho wipe his mouth, “You’ll be working harder than you have been the past two years. GM isn’t an easy position.”

“Thanks for the heads up hyung.” SeulMi laugh at the two.

-----

Kai parks the car and goes and grabs a cart. He runs and opens the door for SeulMi. SeulMi didn’t see her chair but the shopping cart instead. She look up at Kai

“Waeyo?”

“Pushing you and the cart would be too hectic so I thought maybe putting you in the cart would be better.”

“I can push myself.”

“Ani, your uncle said I have to keep my eyes on you so that is what I am going to do.” He leans in close to her face, “How am I suppose to do that if I’m pushing the cart?” He picks her up and puts her in the cart.

“Yah!”

“It is just for an hour or so. Loosen up a bit and have fun.”  Kai grips onto the handle, “Kaja.”

“Kai you better not-,” Kai starts to run, “Ahhhhh!” SuelMi screams and hold onto the cart. Kai just smiles and keeps running.

----

DongWon was eating his lunch apart from the rest of the group. Ririn sees him and goes and sit with him. DongWon just continues eating.

“Are you really going to keep ignoring me?” Ririn asked, “I’m sorry that my leaving hurt you so much. I had a reason for leaving.” DongWon puts his chopsticks down,

“What was your reason for leaving?” Ririn hesitated. “What was so important that you left without telling anyone? Not even Lisa ajumma.”

“DongWon, I…I was scared.”

“Of what?”

“Seeing you die.” DongWon’s eyes rounded.

“B-bwoh?”

“I watch as my family died in front of me one by one. I couldn’t stand to watch you either. That last time we were on a mission I watch as you bled. I was so scared because I couldn’t do anything about it.”

“That wasn’t your fault. This job, is what that is all about. You’re supposed to protect each other with your life.” Ririn thin her lips and sighs.

“I just couldn’t do it. So I left without telling anyone.”

“That was the reason you left me. There is nothing else you’re hiding?”

“Ani.” DongWon sighs and put all of his trash on his tray

“See you later.” He gets up and leave.

----

Kai rolls SeulMi into the house. “Where do you want to go?”

“I’ll go to my room…by myself.” Kai lets go of her handles and she rolls to her room.

“Dinner in an hour!” he yells as SeulMi closes the door. “This girl.”

Kai walks into the kitchen and helps Jean clean and chop up veggies. SeulMi comes out of her room with her hair slightly damped.

“Jean, what do you need help with?”

“SeulMi, you can -.”

“Ani.” Kai cuts her off, “She isn’t going to help do anything.”

“Waeyo?” SeulMi asked

“Because you are going to go and relax. Today I am going to cook with Jean.” SeulMi chuckles

“Jjinja?”

“Mm…waeyo?”

“The last time you cooked with me you burned your fingertips and it was only two dishes.”

“I lived by myself for two years what did you expect me to be eating?”

“Ramen.” She smirks and rolls away, “If you need anything I’ll be by the pool.”

Kai was nods his head until he realizes the word she said ‘POOL’. He drops the wooden spoon and started to go after SeulMi, but Jean grabs his arm.

“Just let her be.”

“What if something happens?”

“She’ll be fine. She has gotten over her fear of water.”  Kai looks at Jean a little surprise.

“Jjinja?”

“Ne…it actually helps her calm down now.” Kai goes back and helps Jean cook.

“She has changed a lot you know…since I left.”

“Ne.” Jean smiles, “She has matured a lot. After not being able to walk she became devastated. She felt like she was more of a burden than when she was sick.” Jean sighs, “I’ve watch that girl fight so much I’m just hoping she doesn’t break down.”

“Did she say anything about me?”

“Ani, but I can tell she missed you. When she got better she would always leave once a week with Kris. At first I thought they we’re dating, but I eventually found out from your brothers that she went to your old office.”

“How long did she do that for?”

“Until the day you came back.” Jean puts her knife down and looks at Kai, “She stills cherish you dearly. She only acting cold because she doesn’t want to get hurt again. A girl like her can only take so much. Making one huge decision after another.”

“Jean, want to help me with something?”

 

Kai walk out onto the patio and see SeulMi looking at the water with her back facing the door. Kai slowly walks towards her and she doesn’t notice it. He puts his hands on her shoulder making her jump a little.

“Omo.” She looks up at Kai and takes deep breath.

“Did I scared you?” He smirks

“What are you doing?”

“I just wanted to tell you that dinner was ready.” He unclasps the breaks and rolls her towards the kitchen. “What were you thinking about?”

“Nothing much.”

“Are you thinking about your unnie?”

“When do I ever stop thinking about unnie?”

“When you’re with me.”

“That is when I think about her the most.”

“Why?”

“Because I wonder why I married her fiancé...then there was always the accident, the family dinner.” SeulMi took a deep breath, “Let not talk about that and go have dinner.” When they went towards the dining room it was dark. “What happened to the lights?”

“I don’t know, I’ll go and check.” Kai leaves SeulMi by the door. As soon as the light came on SeulMi was overwhelmed.  

“Surprise!” Everyone was there, even EXO, but Kai disappeared.

“What is all this for?”

“Happy Birthday.” Said EunMi

“Bwoh?”

“Kai told us that he was throwing a little party for you.” Said Suho, “Did you forget your own birthday?” SeulMi actually forgot that today was her birthday. Just then Kai pops out with the cake.

“Happy birthday.” Kai set the cake in front of her.

“Thanks Kai.”

“Make a wish.” The EXO guys were very hype. It not every day they get to go to a party.

SeulMi closed her eyes and blew out the candles.

“Gomawa.” Kai was just glad to actually see her sincere smile.

Everyone started to dig in and eat. Kai notice that SeulMi disappear along with ChangMin as he brought the food to the dining room. He walks into the living room and saw SeulMi sitting on the floor playing with ChangMin. They were tossing the ball to each other.  ChangMin walks over to her.

“Um-ma.” Said ChangMin as he touched her face. SeulMi grabs his hand and shook her head.

“I’m not ChangMin’s umma, ChangMin’s umma is eating.” She gently pinches his cheeks. Kai walks over with his hands cross and sits right in front of her. She looks at him but he put all his attention to his nephew. Kai takes ChangMin from SeulMi.

“ChangMin ah, do you like ajeossi better or ajumma?” ChangMin gives him a blank stare, “Hmm?”

“He isn’t going to answer you.”

“Wae?”

“He doesn’t know how to talk that much yet.”

“You never know.” ChangMin got up and walked to the coffee table behind Kai and they both watched him, “How did you get off your chair?” he looks at her, “You know that was dangerous.”

“It is the same way I get on my bed.”

“Bed is something different, this is the floor.” She ignores him and watch ChangMin nibble the remote.

“Yah!” She tries to reach for him but he moves over. She slips and Kai grabs her arm making her fall backwards toward him. Her head was against his chest. She looks at his face and he looked scared.

“Yah! Do you want to fall face first?”

“Mianhae.” She uses her hand to try and get up but he held onto her arm, keeping her from sitting back up. Kai gets up, picks her up and put her back in her chair.

“I’ll take him back to EunMi.” He picks up ChangMin, who was still nibbling on the remote, and walked towards the dining area.

 

Pretty soon everyone left and the maids helped clean up before turning in for the night. SeulMi sat in her reading a book.

KNOCK KNOCK

SeulMi closes the book and left it on her desk.

“Come in.” Kai slowly came in, “You’re still up?” she turns her chair around

“You are too.” He goes and sits on her bed.

“Why did you decide to enter my room for?” Kai smiles at her and pulls something from his pocket. It was a small white rectangular box with a blue ribbon. SeulMi looks back at him.

“Your birthday present.” She rolls over towards her bed and picks up the box and looks at it. “Open it.” She looks at Kai and opens her present. It was a small was small free coupon book.

“What is this?” she smiles

“A free coupon book.”

“For what?” Kai took the coupon book from her and flips it open.

“See you get five coupons from me. No expiration dates. One of them is one free kiss, one free hug, and the other three are free choice.” He give it back to SeulMi. She looks at it couldn’t help from laughing. “Bwoh?”

“This is too funny.”

“Yah! If you don’t like it give it back to me.” He tries to snatch it back but SeulMi pulls it back.

“What kind of person take back birthday presents?” She puts it back in the box. “Thanks Kai, I’ll use them wisely.”

“Even the kiss one.”

“I’ll think about that one.” She rolls towards the dresser and puts it in the draw, “It is getting late. We need to get some sleep if we want to catch the plane tomorrow.”

“Did you even pack?”

“I was going to pack tonight.”

“Bwoh!” Kai was surprise, “I’ll help you.”

“Ani!” She shouted. Kai looked at her.

“Waeyo?”

“There are things you shouldn’t see.” She slightly blush.

“Like what? I’ve seen all of your things when we lived together.” He smiles, “There is nothing you need to hide from me.” He walks over to her closet and pulls out her suit case and lays it on the bed. “What are we packing?”

-------

SeulMi and Kai we’re already at the airport waiting for everyone. Kai had a white beater on, with a short sleeve grey button down shirt, and white shorts on. SeulMi wore a blue no sleeve tank with back shorts and white sandals.

“Who did you invite?” ask Kai

“No one.”

“Waeyo?”

“Because everyone I could’ve invite is already coming.” She look at him, “What about you?”

“Umm…well.”

“HYUNG!” Sehun comes running and hugs Kai, making him stumble backwards, “I missed you hyung.” All the other guys walked towards him and hugs him.

“Never mind.” She laughs, “How are you going to pay for all of them?”

“Actually Kris, Suho and I split it up.”

“Oh.” She nods, “Speaking of them, where are they?”

“Right here?” Kris and Suho walks with their luggage behind them. The looked like they were ready for vacation. They both had their hair spiked and sunglasses on.

“Morning SeulMi.” Kris smiles at her

“Morning Kris oppa.” Kai’s ear perks up.

*Did she just call him oppa?* He thought to himself

“I never thought I’ll miss you so much from not seeing you in the morning.”

“Stop kidding yourself.” She smirks. Kai felt jealous at how close the two had gotten so close in just two years.

“SeulMi ssi.” Said BaekHyun. She looks at him, “Why don’t you and Kris just date?” they guys all started to laugh and make joke. SeulMi’s face was somewhat red. Kai was also shocked at the question. Kris walks and bend over, his face was close to hers.

“Ne.” Kris smiles. SeulMi looks at him in amazement, “Why don’t you just date me, Kang SeulMi?”

Preview:

“I wanted to go and visit a place.”

“Where?”

“The dock.”

“Why the docks?”

“My first unintentional kiss.”

“What if I said yes?”

“Would you have said yes?”

“No.

 “Kai has a new girl now.”

“SeulMi, are you going to give hyung an answer?”

“Maybe SeulMi’s Hal- abeoji wrote it down somewhere.

Author's Note : Thanks for reading. This Fanfics is coming to an end soon. 5 more chaps. I want to personal thank those who have been with me from beginning to end. Saranghaeyo .