Guilt

Complicated Love: ToDay and Tomorrow

The week flew by fast, the two basically stop talking to each other. Seul Mi would leave early every morning and sleep early every night to avoid Kai. She always cook his meals for him before doing anything else. She only helped him when she was needed and when they meet at the company.

Seul Mi sat at the kitchen counter, it was her day off and the day before Xiumin’s engagement party. Kai walked down the stairs and spotted her with her hand on her forehead. He quickens his pace to the kitchen. She looks up at him and gets up quickly to put her bowl in the sink.

“Morning.” She said as she wash her plate, “I made breakfast for you. I’ve got to run some errands for your brother’s engagement party I’ll be back later.”

“I’m going to the party with Luna tomorrow.” He sits down, “So we can’t go together.” She felt hurt as she turns off the faucet.

“I’m fine with that, someone asked me already.” She puts the dishes away

“What did you say?” Kai was stunned at the her reply

“I said yes.” she turns and look at him, “I guess I’ll see you later.” She was about to walk out, “Don’t forget to buy her flowers, every girl likes flowers.”

“Except you.” He sips his coffee without looking at her, “That is the funny thing isn’t it. You aren’t every girl.”

SeulMi heads upstairs and into their room and got ready. She took one look at her phone and picks it up

“Hello Kris?”

“Yes?”

“Are you going to Xiumin oppa’s party tomorrow?”

“Yes.”

“Are you going with anybody?”

----

Kai went to the weight room and started to punch the punching bag. Everyone in the room knew there was something with him.

“Kai.” Said LuHan

“What!” Luhan flinch back, “Sorry Luhan I didn’t know it was you.”

“That is alright.” He looks at Kai, “Are you okay?” Kai gave him a confuse look, “You seem tense today and you’re scaring all the trainees here.” Kai looks around and notice all the girls we backing off.

“I guess I’ll leave first than.” Kai walks out of the room towards the locker room

“Kai! Kai!” said BaekHyun

“Baek”

“Where are you heading to?’

“The locker room. Why?” they both continue walking to the locker room.

“Kris was looking for you to ask you a question.”

“Where is Kris?” Kai walk to open his locker.

“I don’t know he seemed really happy this morning.” BaekHyun was clueless, “He wanted to know what kind of flowers to buy your friend.”

“Who?” he grabs a towel and stares at BaekHyun

“Umm your friend Kang…” BaekHyun thought hard about the name, “Kang Seul…”

“Kang Seul Mi?”

“Yeah her.” BaekHyun smile, “He said something about a date.” He didn’t know why but he felt hurt and angry.

“Tell him she doesn’t like flowers.”

“What kind of girls doesn’t like flowers?”

“The ones who are allergic to pollen.” Kai shuts the locker and goes into the shower room. As he takes a shower he drains himself in memories of his past. Those two years after Seul Ki and her parents pass leaving Seul Mi behind including him.

A 19 year old SeulMi is comforted by her aunt; as she morns in front of her family’s coffins.  Mr. Song greets the guests that came to give them their condolences. SeulMi had cuts and bruises all over her face from the accident.

The Kim family walks in and sees SeulMi crying her eyes out for her family. They first gave their respect to the deceased then went and comforted SeulMi.

“SeulMi.” Said Suho

“Oppa.” Her voice broke as she walks towards him, “Oppa otteke?” No one could say anything, at this moment. They knew nothing could hurt more than losing your whole family. They could only hope to give her comfort and anything that she needed.

“I’m sorry SeulMi.” Suho her head hoping that it would help. But in his mind he knew that no matter what he does it would never replace what has happen.

“Sue.” She looks up and saw Kai standing there next to Suho.

“JongIn.” He opens his arm to her, “I’m so sorry.” She walks over to his embrace, “I’m sorry I couldn’t save unnie. I’m so sorry oppa.” She pulls away “Unnie wanted me to give this to you.” She gave him SeulKi’s ring. Kai grip tighten over it, “Mianhae,”She felt her heart beat slowly and her vision started to dim as she felt her body lose strength.

“Sue!” yells Kai, “Sue!”

“SeulMi.” Suho ran to his side, “We need a doctor now!”

Kai kept his eyes on her as she laid there unconscious in his arms.

“Sue, you are going to be okay.” He held her in his arms

That was the last time he called her ‘Sue’ before disappearing for two years. He vowed to himself that he would no longer have anything to do with her. Then his family arranged this marriage for him after he came back.

----

SeulMi went to the store with thoughts running through her head. She remembers the day Mr. Kim came to her front door.

“SeulMi I believe you remember the agreement your father and I made correct?”

“Ne, ajussi. The one about JongIn oppa and Unnie getting married.”

“I’m going to need you to fulfill that agreement?”

“What?”

“Ajussi’s company is failing and I need your company’s money to help me.” He sighs, “I need you to take SeulKi’s place.”

“I can’t. Oppa loves unnie.”

“In your father’s deal, I can only get help through marriage.” He pleaded, “If you don’t do it I have no one else.”

RING RING

She looks at the caller ID (EUNMI)

“Hello unnie.”

“Hey SeulMi, what are you doing?”

“I’m going out to get my dress and get your last minute preparations.” SeulMi notice the way EunMi was breathing, “Unnie are you okay?”

“Can you come over right now?”

“Where are you? What is wrong?”

“I’m at Xiumin’s place right now.”

“Okay, I’ll be there.” SeulMi presses her gas pedal and speeds up.

 

SeulMi Pov

EunMi sat at the table with her coffee in her hand. I sat down in front of her.

“What is wrong?”

“I’m, I’m just nervous.”

“About what?”

“I’m nervous about this whole commitment things.” I grab a hold of her hand

“Unnie, do you really love oppa?” she nods her head and I smile, “You’re just nervous and unsure about things. Tomorrow, listen to your heart and it will guide you to do what is right.”

“Is that what you did?” I sigh

“That is what I did but it wasn’t what my mind told me.”

“Do you regret it?” I shook my head

“I never regretted it. Not once.” I chuckle, “I know after what you saw you would think I should hate him. But I just can’t.” I looked at her, “I can tell you one thing Xiumin oppa isn’t like that. You have nothing to worry about.”

“SeulMi.” She pats my hand, “Thank you.” All I could do was smile.

----

Kai POV

When I got home her car wasn’t there nor were the lights on. I got out of my car and walk in. I walk right into the kitchen. There was food on the table and a note.

I’m staying at the office today. Remember to eat and be at your brother’s engagement party tomorrow. Remember to buy flowers for her or she might not forgive you. I’ll see you tomorrow.

P.S. Get enough sleep.

I put the note down and started to heat up the food. As the food heated up I went to the room. I saw my Tux on the bed laid out. With another note.

I know you’re going to busy so wear this to the party tomorrow.

I went back down stairs to get dinner out of the microwave and sat at the dinner table by myself.  I couldn’t sit still I had to keep myself busy or I might lose my mind. I went to the workout room and ran for twenty minutes and did pushups till my arm went numb. Still there was still this uncomfortable feeling in my heart. I laid down on the bed and stares at the ceiling.

“What exactly did you do to me Kang SeulMi?”

----

Author Pov

SeulMi was running around for the engagement party, placing the flowers that had just been brought in. Xiumin actually thought about her and order lilies and Irises for the party.

“SeulMi.” Said EunMi

“Yeah?”

“Are you going to get ready?”

“Yeah, as soon as I get everything settle down here?” EunMi sighs and walks towards her,

“Where is your dress?”

“My dress is-.” She paused, “I didn’t get to pick up my dress.” She looks at the time, “There is only an hour left until the party. What am I going to do?”

“Don’t worry you can borrow one of mines.” She pulls SeulMi along, “Don’t worry about the decoration and follow me. I have tons of dress you can pick from.”

 

Kai was at KIM Corps building practicing.

“Kai.” Said Lay, “Are you going?” the music stops and so does Kai.

“Where?” Kai goes to his duffle bag and takes out a towel.

“To your brother’s engagement party of course.”

“What time is it?” Lay looked at his watch

“A quarter to 5.”

“I still have time.”

“Don’t keep your girl waiting. Kris already left at four to get ready for his date.” Kai stops wiping his sweat. “I’ll see you later.” Lay left and Kai couldn’t help but be angry at his last remark.

 

“Unnie I think this dress shows too much skin.” SeulMi said as she walks out of the bathroom. She was wearing a long, royal blue, strapless, sweetheart, mermaid style dress.

“Daebak!” said EunMi, “You look beautiful, and we haven’t even done your makeup yet.” EunMi wore a grey, corseted, ball gown. She had her hair in an up do and had a pearl necklace on.

“I’m not supposed to look better than the bride to be.”

“If we have to win your husband back you might just have to.” EunMi smiles

 

Kai walk in the mansion with Luna clinging to his arms.  She wore a black empire dress that showed her back, and had her hair down. Kai, let just say he was really good looking. The party was packed full of workers and company owners.

“Kai.” He looked at Luna, “I’m gonna go to the bathroom I’ll be back.” She pecked him on his cheek before leaving. 

“Kai.” He saw Suho with Chanyeol and Lay

“Oh hyung.” He walks over to them. They were all talking over wine. “Where is Xiumin hyung?”

“He is getting ready.” Said Suho, “Where is SeulMi?”

“Are you talking about the GM of Sujeong?” ask Lay

“Yeah.”

“I thought she was coming with Kris. He was going on and on about what he should wear tonight.”

“Why would he be going with her?” Suho looks at Kai

“According to YiFan she asked him at the last minute. He was so happy.” Chanyeol saw Kris, “There is the devil now.” Kai turns around and saw no one but SeulMi the most beautiful she has been in years. His heartbeat irregularly and his face felt hot, and he didn’t know why.

“Wow SeulMi ssi is real pretty too.” Comments Lay, “If I was Kris I would have said yes also.”

Kris saw the guys and headed towards them.

“Hello everyone.”

“Hello Suho oppa.” SeulMi looks at Kai, “Hello Kai, where is your date?”

“Bathroom.” He said in a cold voice, “I see that you and Kris are having a good time.” She smiles back.

“So SeulMi ssi,” said Lay, “Are you planning on dating Kris?” SeulMi looks at Kai, but acted like he didn’t hear the question.

“Lay.” Kris looks at him

“As of right now, maybe not.” She smiles, “If you’ll excuse me I need to help EunMi unnie she is supposed to come down in a bit.” She leaves the guys.

“I have to go to the bathroom.” He walks in the direction SeulMi left in.

 

SeulMi walks into the hallway before she felt someone grab onto her arm and pins her to the wall.

“Kai,” his expression scared her, “What are you doing?”

“That is the question I should be asking you isn’t it?” his face inches closer to her, “Messing with my boys like that.” His finger touched her face, “With that pound of makeup on. Don’t do anything stupid tonight.” She moves her face from his touch. He inches closer to her ear, “You do look rather beautiful tonight though.” He whispers in her ear before leaving. There was somebody standing at the corner watching this all happen.

SeulMi walks into the room and there stood EunMi in her grey ball gown.

“Unnie” SeulMi was speechless

“What is there something wrong?” EunMi looks at herself

“You’re absolutely beautiful.” SeulMi went and help her up, “We should go down soon. Everyone is waiting.” EunMi nods.

 

Xiumin was nervous, his hands were sweaty and his breath got heavy. Suho put his hands on Xiumin’s shoulder.

“Hyung, you’re not getting married yet just engaged.” Suho chuckles, “Relax.” Kai walks to his brothers.

“Have any of you guys seen Luna?” Kai asked

“She came with you?” asked Xiumin, “What about SeulMi?” he was totally not nervous anymore.

“She came with Kris.” Kai took Suho’s wine and gulp the whole thing down.

“I need to talk to you later.” Xiumin said sternly. “Why isn’t she down here yet?” he looked at his watch.

“You know hyung girls take a long time to get ready.” As Kai walked away he heard girls whispering.

“I heard that the GM from Sujeong is here?” said girl1

“Yeah I think so.”Girl2 looks at girl1, “Waeyo?”

“I think I saw her vomiting in the bathroom. I think Xiumin’s fiancée was there too.” Kai walks pass the girls towards the bathroom.

“Kai.” He felt someone grab onto his wrist, “Where are you going?”

Preview:

“SeulMi, are you okay?”

“I’m Luna. Park Luna, Kai’s girlfriend.”

“C’mon SeulMi. Wake Up.”

“As soon as she wakes up in the hospital she’ll run out.”

 “I think SeulMi ssi is pregnant.”