Treatment

Complicated Love: ToDay and Tomorrow

“GoodNight.” SeulMi said goodbye to everyone as they left. She grabs her bag and heads out the door. She saw a familiar figure standing by the exit. She walk closer to the exit, “Why are you still here?” she was surprise to see Kai still there. He rub the back of his neck and smiles.

“I just wanted to talk to you.”

 

Kai and SeulMi took a walk down the streets. It was awkward between the two after what happened yesterday and the night before.

“So.” Kai broke the silence, “how have you been?”

“It only been a day Kai,” she chuckles, “but I’ve been well. You?”

“I had better days.”

“Was there a reason you wanted to talk to me?” Kai looked guilty

“I…I just wanted to talk to you.” He hesitated to say something, “Actually I wanted to say sorry for yesterday.”

“What are you sorry about?” 

“The whole thing with the model.” Kai sighs, “I was trying to see how you reacted, but I didn’t get what I wanted.” He stuck his hands in his pockets.

“You wanted to see if I was going to let it bother me or not.” SeulMi smirks. Kai looks at her in disbelief. “To tell you the truth it did bother me, but I had so much practice that even sometimes I trick myself that I’m not hurt.”

“Practice?” Kai was lost, “You trained for this?” SeulMi giggles

“Aniyo,” She glance at him, “You and Unnie.” Kai wasn’t understanding what she meant, “Remember on your birthday when you finally asked unnie out.” Kai nods, “I was actually there watching you two. I ran inside after you guys kissed. When unnie came and told me I faked a smile and congratulated you two. Ever since then I always pretended I was okay with it…you and other girls.”

“Mianhae, I didn’t know.”

“Ani, I’m used to it.” SeulMi stop as they got to the parking lot. They both have an awkward moment. They stared at each other and just smirk. SeulMi didn’t knew in her heart that she had to be strong. She must not let him know about how she felt. “I guess this is where we say our good-bye.” Kai chuckles.

“Why do you always make it seem like a sad thing?” Kai smiles, “We’ll see each other tomorrow.” SeulMi smiles and give Kai a hug. Kai was surprise at the hug but he hugs her back. It was a warm hug that he missed. It was just full of happiness and joy. There was nothing fake about it. “I’ll come by your office tomorrow.”

“Ok.” SeulMi pulls away from the hug and gets in to a taxi. Kai stood there watching as she rode of in the taxi.

“Where to miss?” ask the driver

“XXXXXX Hospital.” SeulMi took a peek out the back window and saw Kai walking to his car. “Mianhae.”

-----

Kris and Suho were getting ready to go to Sujeong for a meeting.

“Hyung!” They both look back and see Kai running towards them.

“Why are you running around here?” said Suho

“Hyung, you guys are going to Sujeong today right?”

“Ne.” Suho looks at Kris and back at his brother, “Waeyo?”

“Can I tag along?”

“If you want but we aren’t going to play around we are there for business reasons.”

“I know.”

----

They enter the conference room and sits. As the meeting begins Kai doesn’t see SeulMi anywhere and began to wonder if something happened to her. Where she was supposed to be sitting June was sitting. He felt the meeting was going on forever or was it just that he was worried about SeulMi. As soon as the meeting was over he ran over to Mr. Song.

“Ajussi.” Kai ran up to him

“JongIn, I’m surprise to see you here.”

“Ne.” he bow his head slightly, “Ajussi, where is SeulMi? Is she not here today?” Mr. Song surprised at his question.

“JongIn, SeulMi has taken leave from Sujeong.”

“She left!”

“Ne, yesterday after the project was done she told me that she was going for treatment. I’m surprise she didn’t tell you.”

“Do you know where she is doing treatment at?”

----

SeulMi was being rolled in a wheelchair by a nurse. She had a beanie on and she looked tired.

“How are you feeling?” asked the nurse

“I’m feeling a little light headed.” She looks at the nurse, “Can we return to the room?”

“Ne.”

Her ward was separated into two rooms, the place where she slept and a waiting room. It had plain white walls with brown furniture and a big window in the waiting room.

“Thanks you.” SeulMi grabbed the pole that had all the bags on it and walked to her bed, “If I need anything I’ll ring for you guys.” The nurse leaves her room.

It became really quiet. The only thing that could be heard was the beeping of the machines and the footsteps of the people outside the door. SeulMi closed her eyes and felt the air leave her body and entering.

SeulMi sat down in front of Dr. Yoon

“So what do I have to do?” ask SeulMi

“You’re going to have to do Chemo until we find a donor for you. This is going to help kill the cancer cells in your body.”

“How long do I have left, if I don’t find a donor?” Dr. Yoon shook his head

“You have a little over a year left.” Dr. Yoon sighs, “If EunMi has her baby by then we might be able to do the transplant.”

“But anything can happen can’t it?”

“SeulMi ssi, we shouldn’t be looking at the negative side of this.”

“Dr. Yoon you just can’t be giving people false hope either. That hope only brings pain at the end.” SeulMi eye were watery, “I know there is a chance of me not making it past this year.”

The door opens and she quickly opens her eyes. EunMi had a bouquet of flowers in her hand and her baby bump started to become visible. DongWon and BaoMing walked into the room.

“EunMi unnie, DongWon ssi, BaoMing Ajumma.” SeulMi sat up, “What are you guys doing here?”

“What kind of question is that?” BaoMing walks over hug her, “We’re here to visit you of course.”

“Don’t worry I researched what type of flowers to get for you before I bought them. Hydrangeas have a small amount of pollen so they aren’t as dangerous.” EunMi puts the flower into the vase next to her. “How are you feeling?”

“Just got back from Chemo, a little lightheaded.”

“Have you eaten yet?”

“Aniyo, but it alright.”

“No it isn’t.” BaoMing pinches her cheeks, “A person who is sick needs to eat for energy.” BaoMing grabs her bag, “I’ll go and buy you some delicious food. I’ll be back.”

“Andwe, ajumma.” BaoMing leaves the room without looking back. SeulMi looks at DongWon and EunMi giggle, “Is she always like this?”

“Not until I got pregnant. She is constantly telling me to eat and rest.” Laughs EunMi, “Has anyone else came and visited you?”

“Ani, you guys are the first one.” SeulMi shook her head. DongWon went and sat in the waiting room.

“SeulMi, did you even tell Kai?” SeulMi looked at EunMi and shook her head, “Waeyo?”

“I just…” she paused, “I just didn’t want him to know. It is not worth bothering him about it. Pretty soon Xiumin oppa is going to send him to the branch in Ilsan and he will be busy. I didn’t want to bother him about this stuff.” She lied; she needed support more than ever but she just didn’t want to be a burden. She felt like she was burden to everyone she knew. Now was the time to fight for herself.

“SeulMi.” EunMi goes and hugs SeulMi. SeulMi let her tears fall onto EunMi’s shoulder.

“Dr. Yoon told me if there is no donor, I have a little over a year left.”EunMi hugs her tighter, “I’m scared unnie. I rather watch him live happily with someone else than die and never seeing anyone again.” Faces of people she love flash in her mind. All those people she wanted to thank and all those she wasn’t going to see grow up. Her aunt and uncle who loved her like their own, and her new friends she was just getting to know. “I don’t want to die unnie.” Her tears fell down harder, “I don’t want to die.”

“Unnie won’t let you die SeulMi.” EunMi hugs her tighter. DongWon sat in the waiting room listening to their conversation. He felt sad for SeulMi.

----

Kai was running around at KIM Corps looking for his brothers. His heart was filled with rage and panic. He needed to see SeulMi right then and there. He felt stupid that he couldn’t tell what SeulMi was trying to hint to him.

“I guess this is where we say our good-bye.” Kai sighs and laughs

“Why do you always make it seem like a sad thing? We’ll see each other tomorrow.” SeulMi smiles and give Kai a hug. Kai was surprise at the hug but he hugs her back. “I’ll come by your office tomorrow.”

“Ok.” SeulMi pulls away from the hug and gets in to a tax.

 

Suho was talking to a client. When he heard people on the outside of his office arguing.

“Sorry Mr. Kai but you can’t go in!” the door swings open. Kai barges in with Suho’s secretary following him. Suho apologies to his client and he leaves.

“I’m sorry Mr. Kim but I couldn’t stop him.”

“Why didn’t you tell me that SeulMi went in for treatment?” Kai yells. Suho laid back in chair and looks at his brother and dismiss his secretary.

“Am I your secretary? I am your hyung Kai.  If SeulMi didn’t tell you, that was her choice. I don’t have to report to you whatever SeulMi does.”

“She is my wife.” Kai implied.

“WAS.” Suho stands up, “I want you to remember that. You guys both agree to this divorce. That means you guys go your separate ways. She doesn’t have to tell you anything and you don’t have to tell her anything.” Suho took a long sigh, “I thought you knew what you were going through when you signed the divorce papers and agreed to it.” Kai mouth stayed shut, did he really knew what he was doing, “Kai…SeulMi loved you; and Xiumin Hyung and I tried to tell you that but you refused to listen. You decided that living the life of a bachelor was better and dismiss your job as a husband. Now that SeulMi is like this don’t go looking for her. To her you’re only playing a game; you’ll only hurt her more.” Suho’s words hit Kai hard. “If you’ll excuse me I have to go and say sorry to my client.” Suho walks towards the door but stops halfway, “I did warn you. If you lose her you would lose everything.”

----

SeulMi rolls her wheelchair towards the nursery area. She saw all the little babies in their cribs asleep and or crying. She couldn’t help but smile at their cute little faces. A nurse saw her at the window and walks up to her.

“Excuse me are you a mother?” SeulMi looks up at her and shakes her head

“Ani, I’m just looking.” The nurse walks pass her into the baby room, “I wish I was a mother.” SeulMi took one last looks and rolls her chair back towards the elevator.

“Oh SeulMi.” she heard a familiar voice, “What are you doing down here? You should be resting.”

“Xiuimin oppa, I got bored and decided to come down here. What are you doing down here in the baby section?” SeulMi notice the paper in his hands.

“Oh…umm.” Xiumin blushes and SeulMi smiles

“Did you come here for baby lessons?”

“Ne.” he scratches the back of his neck.

“Daebak, my oppa is really becoming an appa.” SeulMi giggles, “Are you busy?”

“Waeyo?”

“I was wondering if you wanted to accompany to the garden.”

“Sure.” Xiumin grabs ahold of the handles and pushes her into the elevator. “Let’s go.”

----

Suho sat in his office thinking over the words he had just said to Kai about an hour ago. It reminded him of what he had said to SeulKi.

Kai had just asked SeulKi’s hand in marriage. Suho was standing next to SeulMi. They both having the same feeling about what was going to happen. SeulKi was dumbfounded at the question she was just asked. She looks at the people in front of her and sees SeulMi on the verge of tears and Suho holding onto her shoulder. SeulKi looks back at Kai. He had a huge smile on his face.

“Ne.” Everyone was happy except those three people. SeulKi faked a smile and hugs Kai. Suho looks down and saw the tears escape SeulMi’s eyes. She didn’t know if she was supposed to be happy about her sister’s engagement or sad about the person she loved.

“Kaja.” He pulls SeulMi away from the room, she reluctantly left the scene with Suho. SeulKi knew she had done the wrong thing, but she loved Kai also. SeulMi cried her eyes out as they got to the garden, “Let it all out.” SeulMi hugs Suho and cries her eyes out. Suho pat her head because he knew it was partially his fault.

SeulKi found Suho a little later in his room. He was packing all of SeulKi and his stuff.

“Oppa.” Suho turns around, “I’m - ” Suho cut her off

“No need to say sorry. We’ve heard enough.”

“Why are you being like this?” SeulKi yells

“WAE?” Suho scoffs, “Did you know what you just done? You’ve done the irreversible. You knew that SeulMi loved him and I loved you but what did you guys go and do. Your sister is sitting in that room right now faking a smile for his happiness and I can do that too.” Suho took a deep breath, “I hope you’re happy.” Before he turns around he looks back at her, “You knew what you were getting into when you said yes. That means we shouldn’t be seeing each other behind his back.”

“Op-pa.” her eyes were filled with tears

“Don’t hurt SeulMi any more than you already have.” Suho let the tears escape his eyes, “She had suffered enough with you and JongIn.” SeulKi walks up to Suho and grabs his hand, she puts a ring inside his hand

“Hal-abeoji gave me this and he told me to give it to whoever I love.” She looks at his eyes, “If we really do love each other we will come back to each other.” She wanted to hug Suho and say sorry, but she was no longer in a position to. Suho turns back and finished packing. SeulKi was about to leave,

“I want to let you know that I will always love you and losing you meant I that I have already lost everything.”

Suho opens the little draw on the side of his desk and pulls out a small navy box. He opens it and pulls out a sliver band similar to the one that SeulMi had.

“If you love me why are there three rings?”

----

Luna storms into her room and screams. She throws all of her pillows and blankets around in rage.

Luna was in her living room watching T.V. when she hears a knock on the door. She quickly get up and looked through the peep whole. Kai stood on the other side. She quickly fixes her shirt and opens the door.

“Oppa,” She smiles, “What are you doing here so late?” Kai walks into her apartment expressionless. Luna felt something was off. “Oppa are you okay?”

“Luna” Kai sighs and looks at Luna. “I want to break up with you.”

“Bwoh?” She thought Kai was kidding and grabs his hand, “You’re kidding right?” Kai avoided looking at her. “Wae? I thought we were doing fine.”

“SeulMi needs me.” Luna let go of Kai’s hand, “That means that I can’t see you anymore. I love her Luna. I can’t love you both.” Luna was stunned; how did she lose her man to someone as weak and average like SeulMi. “I hope we could still be friends.” Kai leaves her apartment.

“Aish…” She throws her pillows towards the mirror, “Stupid SeulMi. I won’t let you take him that easily.” She walks to her dresser and pulls something out, “You’re the one dividing us. So you must die.”

----

Kai got out of his car. He had a bouquet of Lilies in his hand and a bag of food in his other hand.

“I hope you like these.” He walks into the hospital.

SeulMi laid in her room watching as the sunset by her window. It was so quiet to the point she could hear a pin drop in the hallway. Her heart ached with memories of her childhood and the family. No one was there with her and no one was watching her. Her aunt and uncle left out of town on a business trip. She never felt so alone in her entire life.

“This is how it feels to be alone.” SeulMi sighs, “Is this how you felt when you left for two years Kai?” She looks at her phone display picture, “I’ve only been gone for a day and I felt like it has been a month that I haven’t seen you.” She drifted off to sleep.

 

Someone slowly opens the room to her door. The person slowly walks over and stares at SeulMi over her bed. SeulMi felt someone staring at her and opens her eyes. The person quickly covers SeulMi’s mouth with a napkin. SeulMi tries to takes the person’s hand off but she was too weak because of her condition. SeulMi was able to kick the person making them fall backward. SeulMi rolls over to the other side and lands on the ground. She felt closing. She tried hard to breathe.

“I see what they saw were true.” SeulMi looks over her bed and saw Luna standing on the other side “You’re allergic to pollen.”

“Lu…na.” SeulMi was having a hard time breathing. Luna walks over to her side and bend overs slaps her.

 

Preview:

“Yah, who are you and what are you doing?”

“She is the only memory I have of my dongsae.”

“I don’t want you to wait on something that isn’t there.”

“I’m going crazy EunMi. I feel like I am being torn apart.”

 “I know it was stupid but I rather leave knowing he is with somebody, than waiting on me with empty hope.”

 

 

Author's Note: Who is going to save the day?

Until Next Time.