SeulKi

Complicated Love: ToDay and Tomorrow

Kris and Kai brings the unconscious SeulMi into one of the empty rooms. They set her body on the couch.

“SeulMi! Open your eyes.” Kai held her hand, “EunMi!” he cries, “EunMi ssi!” EunMi ran to them, “Help her. You have to help her.”

Kris moves aside for EunMi to checks her pulse. EunMi grabs the emergency kit and checks her blood pressure; she shakes her head. She looks at them and terror was written all over her face.

“We need to get her to a hospital now!” EunMi raises her voice, “We don’t have time!” EunMi looks into Kai’s eyes. He could tell there was something wrong with her. But Kai wouldn’t budge. “We don’t have time. The longer she stays her the more likely she won’t survive.”

“What?”

“She has leukemia Kai.” Kai was shocked, “If we don’t get her out of here quick she might be she mostly likely be in the red zone.”

----

Kai, Kris, Suho and EunMi ran along with the paramedics into the emergency center. SeulMi was still unconscious and her fever was running high.

“What is wrong Dr. Kim?” one of the Nurses asked EunMi

“We have an unconscious Leukemia patient. Female. 21. Temperature of 102 F. We need to lower her fever before we do anything.” Said EunMi

“Yes ma’am.” The nurse runs away.

“I need doctors here!” yells EunMi. She stops the guys from entering. “You guys have to stay out here and wait.” The nurses pulls the curtains as three two other doctors enter the room.

Kai walks and sits on the chair. Kris and Suho watch as their dongsae sat in misery.

“I should have seen it.” Kai scolds himself, “I should have known that there was something wrong.” Suho walks over and sat next to his brother.

“JongIn, it isn’t your fault.”

“It is!” he yells, “I’m her husband and all I did was treat her like trash. She is my best friend, my dongsae, my…” the words hurt him as he finally realizes it, “wife.”

“Wife?” Kris was confused, “So you two are married?” Kai nods

POW!

Kai falls on the floor.

“What kind of husband are you?” Kris’ feeling was as high as the ceiling at that point. He finally realized why SeulMi felt the way she felt and always did what she did even when Kai rejected her.

“Kris.” Suho tries to stop Kris, “It is their matters not ours.”

“Suho, you and I know you’ve seen how he treats her.” Kris was in disbelief, “I’m not dumb but I can tell you have feelings for her too.” Kai looks at Suho, “I love her Suho. Do you understand? From the moment I meet her til now I love her. I can tell that she is suffering but that idiot brother of yours refuse to see it.”

“You can’t have her.” Kai raised his voice, “Because I love her and she is my wife.”

“If I am correct you guys are divorce aren’t you two.” Kris stated. Kai and Suho were both shock. Kris took out an envelope from his pocket. “Earlier SeulMi drop this envelope and I got curious when I saw your handwriting on it. So I opened it. I saw the divorce papers with both of your signature on it.” Kris threw the envelope at Kai’s face, “Some kind of husband you are. Can’t even tell if your wife is dying or not.”

That triggers something in Kai’s mind.

“I’m dying.”

-----

Dr. Yoon comes and sits down at his desk. The three guys sat done in front of him.

“We’ll Kai the only way we can help your wife now is with a bone marrow transplant.” Dr. Yoon sighs, “Since she doesn’t have any close relatives alive we need to go national.”

“What about Mrs. Song?” asked Kai, “She is SeulMi’s biological aunt.”

“We already tested her.” He sighs, “She doesn’t match her.”

“Test me then.” Said Kris, “I may not be a close relative but I might match.”

“Me too.” Said Suho

“And Me.”

“Okay, okay, okay.” Dr. Yoon toke deep breath, “We’ll test all of you guys. But for the time being she needs to rest and go to therapy. Her body isn’t the same anymore.”

 

Mrs. Song sat by SeulMi, hold her hand with tears coming down her face. SeulMi was unconscious, she had an I.V. in her arm and had an oxygen mask on.

“SeulMi ah, you can’t leave ajumma yet. I’ve tried everything but I couldn’t help you.” She puts SeulMi’s hand to her face, “Dongsae.” She sobs, “Wherever you are, help your daughter. She so young and only starting her life. You have left me behind already. Please don’t take her too. Jebal.” Mrs. Song sobs.

“Yeobo.” Mr. Song held his wife’s shoulder, “Only God can help us now.”

 

EunMi was in a nearby chapel. She was on her knees and had a veil over her head.

“Please father help her.” The tears fell from her eyes. Kneeling right next to her was Xiumin praying also.

 

The rest of EXO sat outside of SeulMi’s room, in hope that she’ll wake up. Kai, Kris, and Suho were in line getting tested.

 

It has been three days and SeulMi had not once open her eyes. Everyone was sad and depressed. Kai never left her side once.

“SeulMi.” He held her hand, “You’re my best friend ever since we were kids. You hung out with me, played with me, we even told jokes to each other. There wasn’t a time that you weren’t there for me. But it was I who failed to be by your side.” He tears came down, “You were there when I lost my favorite toy. When I injured myself in the woods, when SeulKi and I got into fights. Every time I need someone you were there. I’m a pathetic friend, I left when you needed me most.” He sobs, “I’m here now. So open your eyes. I won’t leave you again.”

“Kai.” He felt someone touch his shoulder.

“Umma.” He turn around and hugs her.

“What did the doctor say about the tests?”

“Nothing yet.”

“We all went and tested ourselves already. At least one of us should match.” She kisses Kai’s head, “Don’t give up hope yet.” She smiles at him. She walks over to SeulMi and caresses her face. Mrs. Kim notices the rings on the chain. “Kai, isn’t this the rings SeulKi gave to you?”

“Ne.” he looks at his mom, “Waeyo?”

“Do you know the meanings of these rings?” Mrs. Kim as him out of curiosity.

“No, the only thing I know is that they were from Mr. Kang, SeulMi’s grandfather. SeulKi said that it belong to their grandparents.” Mrs. Kim smiles at Kai. She sits down right in front of him.

“Those aren’t any ordinary rings. Those are lover’s ring.” Mrs. Kim pinches Kai, “Those rings brings the two people that it belongs to together; no matter how far they are apart they’ll never leave each other. For you and SeulMi not to be able to leave each other has something to do with these rings.”

“That ring belonged to SeulKi and me though.”

“SeulKi must have given it to SeulMi. That is the only way the ownership can be passed on, the only other way is if the owner dies and a person finds it. But only true love can bring this story to light.”

“True Love?”

“Yes.” His mom smiles, “If it isn’t true love no matter how far apart or close the rings are to each other the ‘lovers’ will never meet.”

Kai thought about it. Whenever they were apart they’ll always meet again even if it was unintentionally. When Kai tries to get away for some reason she’ll appear even if she wasn’t looking for Kai. The way she always looked hurt when he was with another woman, when she tries to always fake a smile, act like it didn’t hurt, when she was worried about him, the way he felt when he friend zoned her and when she was with other guys. She loved him from the beginning, but he refuse to acknowledge it.

“Adul, you should go get something to eat. I’ll watch her for a little while. You wouldn’t want to collapse now would you?” Mrs. Kim smiles at him.

“SeulMi, I’ll be back okay.” Kai gets up and leaves the room.

 

EunMi walks around in her doctor jacket with her two week old fetus inside her. She looks over the matches for SeulMi bone marrow transplant. Her eyes were full of surprise but disappointment.

She called everyone that morning and had them meet up in the waiting room by the SeulMi’s room. Everyone was nervous and hoping that there was a match among them.

“Well the results are out and…” EunMi hesitated

“And what?” said Suho

“There is a match.” EunMi gulp ask everyone jumped for joy. Xiumin notice EunMi’s expression and goes up to her. She was so tense.

“What is the matter jagiya?” She looks up at him

“I’m the match.” The tears brim in her eyes.

“That is great isn’t it?”

“It great but I can’t do it.” Everyone stop ask they listen to the couple’s conversation, “I’m pregnant.” Xiumin was shocked and overjoyed. He pulls EunMi into a hug and kisses her head as she cries into embrace. “I want to help her but I can’t do it.”

“It is okay.” Said Kai, “We’ll just look elsewhere.” He pats his brother’s shoulder, “Congratulations.” Kai leaves back towards SeulMi’s room with his head down.

“Kai.” His head shot up, “where am I?” He runs towards her and hold her hand.

“SeulMi.” He smiles like an idiot, “You’re up.”

“Where am I?” she notice all the machine she was hooked up to and the mask on her face. She tries to take it off.

“No.” Kai removes her hand, “Leave it on, it is to help you breath. You’re at the hospital.” His eye brim with tears. His heart felt a burden left him. “You fainted after your performance.” He wanted to yell at her and scold her for being stupid and for not telling him. She struggle to stay up and talk to him, “I’ll go and get a doctor to check up on you.’” As he tries to leave he felt a weak but strong grip on his hand.

“Aniya.” She shook her head, “Please stay here with me.” Kai sit back down, “I’m scared.”

“You don’t have to be scared.” He put her hand on his face, “I’ll always be there for you. I know I’ve been a bad friend and oppa. I left you after your whole family died and gave you the cold shoulder when we got married.” He kisses her hand, “Maybe it was because I wasn’t letting SeulKi go, or maybe I just didn’t want to fall in love with my best friend.” He looks into her sleepy eyes, “But I am going to change all of that. I’ll stay by your side and I’m never leaving you again. Even after our divorce I’ll be your best oppa again.” He smirks.

“Waeyo?” cries SeulMi, “Why now?”

“Because I know you love me.” He takes a deep breath, “And until your last breath I’ll return all of that to you.”

“Oppa.” She said weakly, “You know, don’t you?” His silence was her answer. She felt the tear trying to escape and she felt anger come over her. She tries to sit up but Kai hold her down.

“SeulMi what are you doing?”

“Let go of me!” she yells.

“SeulMi stop.” SeulMi took off her oxygen mask, “You’re not well enough yet.”

“I don’t need your pity.” Kai took a hold her arms, “I don’t want this. I don’t want this fake love.” The tears were streaming from her eyes, “Don’t act like you love me now because I am dying.” Kai felt hurt, “I hate you Kim JongIn.” She yells, “I hate you!” one of her hands were able to escape and she starts hitting Kai. He stood there and let her hit him. “I hate you. Why don’t you let me die?” Kai couldn’t stand it anymore and pulls her into a hug. She still struggle to get away from him.

“I know you’re just saying that because you’re mad at me. I know you’re upset with me and the fact that I left and changed. You tried your best to change me back and you did.” He pulls away from her when he felt that she had calm done, “SeulMi, our friendship changed me and showed how much you loved me, which is why I can’t let you die. I really love you. And I am going to stop at nothing to find a cure for you.”

“Keep your B.S. to yourself.” SeulMi chuckles, “You’re only doing this because you lost the bet.” Kai had a guilty feeling, “I know how you are Oppa. You never loved me and you never will it was always unnie.”

“How do explain the rings?” Kai pointed at the rings, “I know you know the stories behind the rings.”

“It just a story. A story that I know well never come true. It is just false hope.”

“No it isn’t.” Kai sighs, “If I don’t really love and care about you we wouldn’t be together.” He sits on the bed, “SeulMi these rings are called the Lovers’ ring. When SeulKi gave it to you it she meant for you to end up with me. She knew that if your love was as great as they claim then it would have won over my heart.”

“I d –don’t love you, oppa.” She stutters, “I hate you.” She glares at him, “You never cared about me. It was always unnie. I showed you my heart and but all you saw her face. That was what won you over. I gave you everything and all I got in the end was the cold shoulder the occasional nod.” SeulMi felt like dying at that moment, “Where were you huh? Where were you when I needed you most? When I lost my family? I was 19 oppa. 19. Now that I am going through this you decide that you want to care.” SeulMi chuckles, “Unnie told me something before she passed away that she told me to tell you. She said that she was pregnant.” Kai’s eye went wide, “I know right, she said that she was going to tell you but she died.” SeulMi laughs, “I always hated unnie you know.”

“What are you saying?” Kai was surprised at her words and loosen his grip on her

“She was a .” She chuckles like a crazy person, “She never loved you. You ever wonder why she always told me to go on dates with you because she was out with somebody else. Kai shook his head “That was when I question myself too, was the child even yours? There was little to no chance the child was yours.” She look at Kai, “There were times when I wished that unnie would just disappear and guess what…she did.”

SLAP!

SeulMi was expecting the slap. She wanted him to hate her. She didn’t want him anymore she wanted to disappear.

“You…” Kai was speechless and walks out the door in anger.

SeulMi slowly closed her eyes and leans back onto the bed, “I can’t love you anymore oppa.”

 

Kai walk pass the waiting room where everybody was at. Suho notice how he looked and follows him. Kai goes to the roof top.

“AHHHHHHH!” he screams, “WAE! WAEYO!” he fell down to his knees in tears, “Why, why must you torture me like this?” He looks at his hand, “Why must you let her suffer so much? Has she not suffered enough already?” Kai felt some hold onto his shoulder.

“Kai.” He looks up and sees Suho

“Hyung.” Suho sits down next to him, “Otteke hyung.”

“What did she say to you?” Kai told his brother what had happen. Suho couldn’t help but looked shocked.

“I know she said all those things just to hurt me.” Kai scoffs and looks down, “Yet they cut me like a knife.”

“She a woman who knows your heart Kai. She been your friend for almost two decades.” Suho pat him on his head, “She knows what hurt you the most.”

“I just don’t know what to do anymore hyung.” Kai sighs, “I finally realize that I love her, but now she won’t believe me. I know she is lying but I know some of the things she said was true.”

“How do you know she was lying?”

“You can’t tell she is lying when she is angry. Everything just comes out.” He puffs his cheek, “But she is dying every second she doesn’t find a match. She wants to die, and it is all my fault.

“Kai, we’ll find one.” He sighs, “Just believe.”

 

Everyone was in the room with SeulMi now. SeulMi had to put the mask back on because she still difficulty breathing. EunMi and one other doctor came to check on her condition and left the room. SeulMi was still quite weak, especially after the argument she just had with Kai.

“SeulMi, how are you feeling?” asked Mrs. Song

“I’ve felt better ajumma.”

“SeulMi ssi, if you need anything just tell us.” Said Lay, “Don’t be strangers okay?” SeulMi smiles and nods.

“Xiumin,” SeulMi said weakly, “Can you go get me my journal from my house?”

“Sure.” He smiles, “Anything else you need?”

“My bag from the concert, that well be all.” Xiumin opens the door, in front of him is Kai and Suho

“Hyung,”said Kai, “where are you going?”

“I’m going to go and grab some stuff for SeulMi.” He notices Kai’s eyes, “What is the matter with you? Your eyes are puffy.”

“Nothing hyung.” He looks into the room and saw SeulMi sitting there as if nothing had happened. “I’ll go with you.”

“Ani.” Xiumin smirks, “You need to go and stay with her and let everyone else leave. They all need to rest.” He grabs Kai’s shoulder, “Suho and I’ll go. We’ll be back.” Xiumin looks at Suho and they both leave.

 Kai walks into the room slowly and stood by Kris at the end of the bed. He stares at SeulMi’s cheek and notice the red mark that he had left there. She completely ignored Kai and talks to her aunt and uncle.

EunMi came back with a clipboard in her hands and medication for SeulMi. EunMi walks over and examines her and notices the redness on her cheek.

“SeulMi what happened to you cheek?” SeulMi took a quick glance at Kai and then looks back at EunMi,

“It was nothing.” She smiles, “I did it to myself.”

“Waeyo?”“To see if I was dreaming or not.” She chuckles, “To see if I what I saw when I first opened my eyes were true.” She looks at Kai.

----

Suho was at his house. He sat on his couch and stares at a picture that sat on his stand. He picks it up. It was a picture of the five of them when they were younger.

“SeulKi…look at what we’ve done to your sister. She so miserable and yet she still love you and cares about you.”

A 16 year old Suho runs after someone. He out of breath and looking around to find the person. Up ahead he sees a girl that looks like SeulMi sitting with her knee up to her chest. “SeulKi!” The girl looks up at him and runs off. “SeulKi wait!” he ran after her. He kept telling himself that if he doesn’t catch up to her he’ll regret it. Thanks to his long legs it wasn't hard to catch up to her. He got a hold of her arm and pulled him up to her.

“Let me go!” she cries.

“Listen to me first.” Suho tried her best to calm her down. “It wasn’t what you think SeulKi. That girl kissed me. I didn’t know what she was doing.”

“And you let her do it.” SeulKi was filled with rage. She just wanted to go back and tear that girl’s head off. Suho couldn’t say anything but tried to calm his girlfriend down. “Is it because we kept our relationship a secret so that you wouldn’t hurt JongIn?” Suho looked away, “Oppa?”

“Ne.” Suho felt guilty, he was secretly dating the person his brother love behind his back. “I just don’t want to hurt him.”

“Ani…I understand.” SeulKi got her wrist from Suho’s grasp, “I didn’t want to hurt SeulMi either but seeing that you want to do it this way…”SeulKi looks down, “Let’s break up and let our younger siblings make the decision.”

“Andwe.” Suho felt his heart breaking, “I love you SeulKi. Please don’t do this.” SeulKi looked at Suho with a straight face.

“JoonMyun,” That broke the guy, “Annyeong.” SeulKi walk towards the direction she came from. Suho couldn’t do anything except watch him walk away.

 

Preview:

“Will I just give up and fall?”

 “I was selfish and only thought about myself and how mad I was at SeulKi for leaving that I forgot about my best friend who was alone in the world.”

“I told myself that I’ll be her brother and I’ll protect her and her feelings.”

“I saw that you were on her speed dial so I decided to call you.”

“She is your girlfriend isn’t she?”

 

Author’s Note: Please don’t hate on SeulKi. She is already dead. This was just something that popped into my head after having writer’s block. SeulKi still plays a big part in her sister’s life even after death. Please let me know what you think so far. Even a simple ‘I like the story’ does help. Upvoting this story is also greatly appreciated also.