Fiancee

Complicated Love: ToDay and Tomorrow

Kai pulled out of her and got up from the bed and grab his shirt from the ground. He turns and look and saw Seul Mi’s facing him. The moonlight from the balcony shown her shoulder moving up and down from crying.

“You wanted to know what we were.” He says, “You’re my salve and I am your master.” He walks out and slams the door shut. A tears slip down her face as she laid there . She slowly got up covering herself with the bed sheet. She limped into the bathroom and saw all the love mark he left her with including new bruises on her arm.

“Kang SeulMi, you can’t cry not for him.” She touch her arm.

 

Kai woke up from the couch as he saw SeulMi limp down the stairs. She avoided his eye contact and walks towards the kitchen. She opens the fridge and pours herself a cup of milk.

“Did I do you too hard?” Kai stood by the door with an evil grin. She ignores him and continues with what she was doing. “I suppose you never been done like that before.”

“Are you so proud of what you’ve done?” She says in a monotone voice and turns and looks at him, “You’re so proud about the fact that you’ve taken the innocence of a person, is that it?” he gave her a strange look and she limps over to him, “If that what you’re so happy about than congratulation,” she scoffs, “because you’ve done it.” she walks out of the kitchen, “I’m going to work.”

Kai was confused at what she just said. He walks back towards their room to get ready for work. The maid was cleaning up the bed sheets. As Kai walks towards his closet he notice red stains on their white bed sheet.

“You’re so proud about the fact that you’ve taken the innocence of a person, is that it? If that what you’re so happy about than congratulation,” she scoffs, “because you’ve done it.”

That is when it hit Kai. He felt bad about what he had just done.

----

SeulMi sat in her office all day and dare not leave. She hasn’t slept for two nights even after what had happen last night. She stayed up all night crying and wash herself in the shower. But she knew no matter how hard she cleans herself she would never be the same.

 There was knock at her door.

“Yes?”

“Xiumin is here to see you miss.”

“Let him in.” SeulMi greeted Xiumin, “Annyeong oppa.”

“Morning Seul Mi.” he notices the bags under her eyes, “Are you okay SeulMi?”

“I’m fine.” She looks at him, “What did you want to talk about?”

“Kris told me you guys meet last night to talk about the mini concert.” He smiles, “How did that go?”

“We talked about a lot of good ideas. He a good talker too. You should let him come to your meetings more often.”

“Yes he is a great guy.” He sighs, “So what is this thing about you and Kai being friend?”

“Umm…” she avoided his eyes

“Kris told me that your friend, my brother, dragged you out leaving his date behind.” Xiumin lean onto her desk, “I don’t know what is going on between my brother and you but lying about your marital status isn’t the best choice.” He sighs and got up

“I’m sorry Xiumin oppa.” She looks at him

“It was his decision wasn’t it?” she looks down, “We both know Kai well enough to understand what he’ll do.”

“When he introduced me to the guys, he didn’t know how to introduce me, so I introduced myself as a friend. He didn’t want his buddies to know.” He stared at her sadden face

“Let’s not talk about that.” He takes something out from his coat pocket, “I’m here to talk about this.” He places an envelope on the desk

“What is this?”

“This is the invitation to my engagement party.”

“Jinjja!” a smile appears on her face, “Who?”

“You’ll find out.” He smiles at her, “She is someone you’ll love. Bring that no good brother of mines too.”

“Your house?” she seem scared

“Ne, next week.” Xiumin notices her expression, “Why?” he suddenly remembers something, “I’m sorry I totally forgot. I can change the location if you want?”

“No it is fine oppa. It is your engagement. Don’t worry too much about me. I’ll avoid the pool.”

-----

Kai was dance practicing. The rest of the group just sat and watch him danced. The other guys were exhausted from the non-stop dance. Kai didn’t stop because of what he remember that morning.

“Why isn’t it my business? I’m your wife Kai. At one point I was your friend.”

The sweat fell from his face and his breathing get heavier.

“What are we exactly?”

He remember her hurt expression.

“With our family I’m your wife, with your friend I’m just a friend, and when we are by ourselves I’m suddenly just trash.”

Then this morning when she talked to him in a monotone voice. No expression or tone.

“You’re so proud about the fact that you’ve taken the innocence of a person, is that it? If that what you’re so happy about than congratulation, because you’ve done it.”

“Kai.” Said Sehun, “Stop, you’ve been dancing for 4 and a half hour none stop.” He held onto Kai’s shoulder.

Kai walked to his bag and grab a bottle of water and towel to wipe his face.

“What is with you today?” said Luhan, “First you come in with a horrible attitude and then you dace non-stop. Did something happen?”

“No.” he said coldly, “Nothing is wrong.” There is knock at the door. A girl about 22 walks in.

“Hello?” she bows. All the guys bow, “I’m sorry to interrupt but is Kim Suho here? I was told to look for him here.”

“Why are you looking for hyung?” Kai said sternly

“Kai!” said Kris, “Show a little respect will you.” He looks at the lady, “Sorry about that. He isn’t having the best day.”

“It is okay.” She was kind of scared

“My name is Wu Yifan, but you can call me Kris. That guy over there is Kim Jong In, he is Kim Suho’s baby brother.”

“Oh so you’re Kai.” She looks at him, “My name is Kim EunMi, and I’m Xiumin’s fiancée.”

“Fiancée?” the guys all said in unison.

----

Seul Mi went home earlier and cleaned up the house. She went and cleaned up her room when she came across a sliver bracelet with fake diamonds on it. Even though it was fake it looked real.

A 10 year old Seul Mi sat the swing as she played with the bracelet that Kai bought her.

“Seul Mi.” she looks up.

“Unnie.”

“What are you doing?” Seul Ki smiled at her but something caught her eyes, “That is a pretty bracelet. Did JongIn buy that for you?”

“Yes, oppa bought it for my birthday.”

“Hey did you want to go and play with the oppas and me?”

“Where?”

“At the lake.” Seul Ki grabs her hand, “C’mon lets go.” They both run and meet up with the guys.

“Seul Mi. Seul Ki” the guys waved their hands at the girls. They all played tag for the whole day.

“Hey guys let go play by the dock.” They all ran after the Suho to the dock

SPLASH!

“Seul Mi!”They all yell.

“Help me!” She struggle to stay up on the surface, “Unnie! Oppa!”

Suho jumps into the water and grabs SeulMi. He swims to the side shore as the guys ran along the dock. Suho pulls SeulMi onto the shore, she was unconscious.

“Sue. Sue.” Yells Kai

“SeulMi.” Seul Ki runs to next to her, “Seul Mi open your eyes.”Seul Ki listens to her heart, “She isn’t breathing.”

“Move aside.” Kai ran to her side and started pumping her chest, “Sue c’mon. Wake up. Open your eyes.”

Seul Mi coughs up the water, everyone was relieved. She looks up and sees Kai.

“Jong In oppa.”

“Stupid why did you jump into the water like that?”

“I dropped the bracelet on the rock and when I reached for it I slipped and fell.” Jong In saw that the bracelet he bought in her hand.

“Don’t do that next time stupid.”

“Where did the old Jong In go?” She takes one last look at the bracelet before putting it into a box. A tears slip down her face.

 “Madam.” Said the house maid, “Master Suho is looking for you.”

“Tell him I’ll be down in a bit.” She goes and wipe her face.

 Seul Mi POV

After washing up I walk down to the living room. I saw Suho oppa and really pretty lady sitting across from him. I walked into the room when the lady stood up and greeted me.

“Hello.” Suho stood up too

“Hi SeulMi.”

“Hello oppa.” I looked at the girl,

“Oh this is Kim EunMi, this is Xiumin hyung’s fiancée.” A smile form on my face.

“Oh so you’re oppa’s fiancée.” I walked over, “I’m Kang- I mean Kim Seul Mi. I am Kai’s wife. Please sit down.” They both sat down. I sat down next to Suho.

“Wow you’re so young to be married.” She smiles

“You look really young too.” As smile appeared on her face, “So how long have you and oppa known each other?”

“We’ve known each other since high school.”

“High School? How come we never seen or heard about you?”

“Hyung never told any of us either.” Said Suho, “He came home yesterday and said that he got engage. I remember EunMi from High School, but hyung never really talked about her.”

“Ne, you guys were both my sunbaes. After we all graduated we both meet up with each other by chance and decided to talk. After a year of talking he finally asked me out and here we are engaged.”

“Wow that so cute.” She look straight at me and smiles

“So what about you Seul Mi? What is the story behind you and Kai?”

“There really isn’t a story.” I look down, “We were actually friends and got married.”

“Oh so you married your friend, that so romantic.” EunMi smiles brightly

“Ani, we only got married because of our family businesses.”

“So you mean-.”

“We had an arranged marriage.”  I chuckle, “Not the best reason to get married, I know. Now he won’t even treat me like a how we use to back then. We use to smile and talk to each other and laugh now all I get is a frown from him.”

“You guys seem happy in that picture.” I turn back and saw our wedding picture. The only picture we had. Kai had a fake smile, yet I looked so happy.

Author POV

Kai park in the driveway and notices both of his brothers’ cars were there. He felt his blood boil but he then remembers about earlier that morning. He suddenly felt scared. He walks inside his house and notice four people in the living room.

“Oh Kai your home.” Seul Mi got up and greeted Kai, “Your brothers and EunMi is here to meet you.”

Kai ignored him and went to their room. Seul Mi turns and looks at them.

“I’m sorry guys he must be really tired.”

“It is okay Seul Mi.” said Xiumin, “Hey what are you doing tomorrow?”

“Nothing, waeyo?”

“I was wondering if you can hang out with EunMi tomorrow and show her around.”

“Yeah sure.”

“Thanks Seul Mi ssi.”

SeulMi POV

After another couple hours of talking they left home but Kai never came out of the room. I washed the dishes and cleaned the living room. I kept peeking at the stairs once in a while to see if he came out. I slowly walked to the room. Kai was lying on the bed reading a book. He didn’t even look up at me. I grab my clothes and went to change. I didn’t understand was going on but I felt tired often. Right when I walk out the door I felt the room spin and my knee give out.

“SeulMi.” I fell onto my knee, “Seul Mi.” he came and picked me.

“Thanks Kai.” I slowly got up and pulled my sleeve up. But before I could up my sleeve completely he grab on to it.

“What is this?” he saw the bruises on my shoulder.

Preview

 

“Jean get me an ambulance.”

 “What are we going to do about that Dongsae of yours?”

“I’m fine really oppa. I know how he feels. We were both force into the marriage, I can’t force him to love me.”

“I am a maid. No, let me correct that I’m your slave.”