Annyeong

Complicated Love: ToDay and Tomorrow

Everyone clapped when the song ended. SeulMi wipe the tears she had in her eyes and watch as the ceremony ended with the kiss. The bride and groom walks out first. SeulMi and Kai stared at each other. SeulMi walked to the center and linked arms with Suho and walked down. As she walked down she saw Luna at the side with something in her hand. She gripped it tight. Then SeulMi remembers the chefs talking about a missing knife. SeulMi notices she only looked at Kai.

“SeulMi is something wrong?” ask Suho. SeulMi and Suho were already at the end of the aisle when she turn back. Kai was almost half-way to where Luna was. SeulMi lets go of Suho’s arm and walk quickly back.

Luna walked out in front of Kai stopping him and his partner. This caught everyone’s attention. Kai was surprise to see her there.

“Luna what are you doing?”

“I can’t live without you,” she smiles, “So I came to say good-bye.” Kai was confused. SeulMi could see the knife clearly and runs faster. “Annyeong.” Luna pulls out the knife.

“Watch out.” SeulMi pushes Kai and his partner away. Luna was able to slash SeulMi’s arm. She looks at SeulMi as everyone runs out of the hall. SeulMi covers her wound with her hand.

“SeulMi.” Kai looks up at the two girls in front of him. He notice the blood dripping down SeulMi’s arm.

“This is all your fault.” Luna lunge towards SeulMi with the knife, “You must die.” SeulMi trips on her dress and lands on her back. Kai quickly covers SeulMi with his body.

“Ahh.” Luna pulls out the knife, before she could do it again, DongWon tackles her.

“K-kai.” SeulMi touches his face. The blood drip from his lips onto her face, “Waeyo?”

“Gweancha-a?” he could bare hold himself over her. He smiles.

“Waeyo babo?” SeulMi began to tear up, “Why did you block it you idiot?”

“Because I’m a stupid flower who can’t do anything.” He smirks, “I love you.” Kai collapsed on top of her. SeulMi was so scared and shocked. She began to shake Kai.

“Yah! Kai get up.” She slow pushes him to his side. She felt something warm on her hand. She saw blood on her hand, “Kai!” she shook him, “Yah! Kim JongIn!” He didn’t move one bit, “Open your eyes.” The tears came down her eyes, “Get up! Open your eyes you idiot! You can’t leave me!”

-----

Everyone was in their wedding attire. SeulMi was a mess. Her dress had blood all over it. Kris sat next to her and held her in his arms.

“Kris.”

“Hmm?”

“Remember what I told you?”

“Ne.”

“I think it is time to put it to action.” Kris just nod and held her closer. Everyone found it weird but the rumor about SeulMi talking to another guy was going around. Maybe Kris was the guy.

DongWon ran towards the emergency room. His tie was undone and his the top three buttons were . He saw how miserable everyone was looking. EunMi was the first to notice her brother. She quickly stood up and walks over.

“So what going to happen to Luna?”

“They’re still waiting on Kai’s condition to see what they are going to charge her with.” DongWon sighs. EunMi nods. “Why haven’t you changed yet?”

“Oh.” EunMi looks down at herself, “I just forgot.”

“Go. You and Xiumin go change and go on your little vacation. We can handle it from here.”

“Oppa.”

“Xiumin, take her and go. I’ll call you if anything happens.” Xiumin gets up and leave with EunMi. DongWon walks over to SeulMi and Kris.

“DongWon ssi.” She looks up at him.

“How are you doing?”

“I’m fine.” She wipes her tears and Kris lets go of her.

“That was really brave of you to try and save Kai.”

“But I failed.”

“You didn’t.” DongWon touches her cheek, “He tried to save you.”

“No matter how you try to put it I failed.” The red Emergency light turns off. The doctors walk out. “How is he doing?”

“He is fine. He is just going to be weak for the next couple of days. Other than that nothing.” The doctors left them. “Kris can you leave me and DongWon alone for a bit, I want to talk to him.” Kris smiles and leave them. They looked to make sure Kris was out of sight.

“What do you want to talk to me about?”

“I wanted to say thank you.”

“For what?”

“The donation.” DongWon’s eyes rounded, “I’m planning on getting it done as soon as Kai leaves. I’m really happy that you even took the test.”

“Ani.” DongWon smiles, “It just I overheard you and EunMi conversation. I figure if she matched you maybe I would too. They do say that siblings aren’t too different.” SeulMi smiles from ear to ear.

“Gomawa. Jjinja Gomawa.” She hugs DongWon, “Oppa.” The words coming from made him felt warm.

“No problem dongsae.” He pats her head.

 

When SeulMi, DongWon, and Kris enter Kai’s room he was already awake. Everyone including the EXO guys were there. He could barely keep his eyes open. SeulMi grab onto Kris’ hand and walks in the room. They both stood at the end of his bed. Nobody could keep their eyes off of SeulMi and Kris’ hands.

“SeulMi.” Kai tries to make out her face, “Gweachah-a?”

“Hmm.” She nods, “It is just a small wound. How are you feeling?”

“Drugged.” He chuckles. He finally notice Kris and SeulMi were holding hands. He felt jealous and angry at his friends. “So Kris is the one?”

“Ne.” she faked a smile, “Kris is the guy I am dating.” The guys gave each other looks, seeing if what they heard was right.

“Kai,” said Kris, “Xiumin told me that your transfer to the Ilsan branch is postponed until you are better.”

“Ani.” Kai’s cold stare was back, “I’ll go as soon I am discharge.” He looks at SeulMi, and she didn’t avoid looking at him. If she did she knew that he will know she was kidding.

“If you’re feeling –  ”

“I’m great.” Kai cuts her off, “If you guys don’t mind please leave.” All the guys walked out in line. SeulMi and Kris were the last to leave.

“Get well soon.” SeulMi said before dragging Kris out. Kai didn’t even look at them leave. As soon as the door closed he started to beat up his pillow. SeulMi faces flash through his mind. “If this is how you want to play then I’ll play.”

 

Kris and SeulMi’s hand were still together. Kris notice how out of it she was.

“SeulMi.”

“Hmm?”

“Why did you do that?”

“I want him to hate me, but I never meant for him to hate you along with me.”

“Waeyo?”

“So if I disappear he wouldn’t care.”

“What if I don’t want you to disappear?” SeulMi was taken aback by his words, “I may not be Kai, Suho, or DongWon but I do care for you. No matter what happens with you or Kai keep smiling.” He caress her face, “Even though this relationship is fake, I want you to act like it is real for the time being.” SeulMi nods.

----

Kai was discharge three days later. SeulMi and the guys had cleaned up his place and threw a little welcoming party for him. Kai tried to fake a smile throughout the whole thing. But he couldn’t keep his eyes off of Kris and SeulMi. They both were smiling together and laughing as they talked to other couples.

“So,” Suho walk next to Kai, “how are you feeling?” Kai looked at the chimney and saw that the picture was taken down along with all the other wedding pictures.

“Good.”

“Not your condition.” Suho took a sip of his drink, “Those two.” Kai knew what he was talking about SeulMi and Kris.

“Should I even care? She isn’t my problem anymore.” He sighs and says lowly, “She is Kris’ problem.” He passes SeulMi and Kris to the garden. SeulMi saw him close the door.

“Kris will you excuse me a bit.” Kris knew where she was going and nods. SeulMi walks out the door and saw Kai sitting at a bench. SeulMi went and sat down next to him. “How are you doing?” Kai didn’t answer, “Suho oppa told me you’re leaving for Ilsan tomorrow.” He still didn’t say anything, “I wish you the best of luck.” She stood up and walk back inside. Kai threw his cup down.

“What happened to all my pictures?” Kai yells at Baekhyun and Luhan

“SeulMi told us to put them away.”

“She said that since Kris and she are together now, leaving those pictures up will just embarrass her.” Kai saw SeulMi, Kris, and Suho getting the food ready in the kitchen. She felt someone staring at her and looks up. She smiles at Kai.

“Your smile kills me every time.” After they were done cleaning up they left home. Kai walks around house. He walks into the guest room and saw all the picture leaned up against the wall. On the big wedding pictures he saw a paper.

Lingering in the past isn’t a good thing for us. When you go leave these here. I don’t want it distracting you. Our lives together ended already. I want you to start a new life. When you leave and come back these pictures will be gone, don’t look for them. Have a safe trip come back a better man than you were.

-Kang SeulMi, Chingu

Before you Read Listen to this song During this Part.

Day and Night - Gummy 

The next morning Kai went to the company before leaving. Suho wasn’t in so Kai slipped into his office to give him the transfer letter. When Kai put the letter down he notice a navy blue box. He opens it up and saw the ring. Kai heard the door open and he closes the box.

“You haven’t left yet.”

“Ani,” His eyes followed Suho from the door to his desk, “I was turning in my transfer letter before leaving.” Suho picks it off his desk.

“How long do you think you’ll be gone?”

“Appa said about one to two years.” Suho smiles and gives his brother a hug

“You be good alright.” Kai wanted answers to the ring that looked like the ones SeulMi had. Wasn’t she with Kris, why would Suho have an exact replica of the ring? “I’ll watch over SeulMi for you.”

“Gomawa Hyung.” Kai smiles, “I’ll see you in two years.” Kai walks out of his brother’s office.

“Are you not going to say bye to me?” Kai looks behind him and sees SeulMi. She gave him a lunch. “This is your lunch so that you don’t have to buy any on the way.” She took a brown book from her bag, “This is an album of all of us. I don’t know when you’ll be back and I hope this can be of help.” Kai takes the book and the lunch, “I wish you all the best in Ilsan.”

“And I wish all the best for you and Kris.” SeulMi kiss Kai on the cheek, shocking him.

“I hope you find a pretty girl.” She walks the other way and turns and leave.

----

SeulMi was admitted to the hospital for a bone marrow transplant the same day. It was her last hope if she wanted to live. The nurses were getting her ready for the surgery. Everyone was there in her room with her. Kris stood by her side as they gave her shots and put the I.V. in her.

“Are you sure you don’t want to let him know?” EunMi who returned after finding about the surgery with DongWon.

“Ani, unnie. He is probably half way there already. I knew he was reluctant to leave at first. Telling him will only make him turn back.”

“What happens if Kai finds out?”

“Nothing…we do nothing.” Kris grabs a hold of her hand. She was thankful that he was there for her but it just didn’t feel right. It was just too awkward.

DongWon walks in with his gown and I.V. pole too. His smiles was so bright and happy.

“Are you ready SeulMi?”

“Ne.” she smiles. Her aunt came to give her a hug along with everyone else. They all left the room. DongWon and SeulMi were taken to the surgery room. Mrs. Song stops them before taking her in.

“SeulMi ah, you must fight okay.”

“Ne.” SeulMi smiles and the nurses rolls her into the room. Mrs. Song eyes were filled with tears as they rolled her away.

----

Kai drove with one hand on the wheel and the other against the window. Out of nowhere it started to rain.

“What the heck!” Kai but his wipers on. His phone started to ring but he didn’t answer.

----

SeulMi and DongWon was under as the surgery started. All she thought about was Kai as she drifted off to sleep. A tears slip her eyes as she fell asleep.

“Saranghae.” She whispers

Outside the surgery room Suho was trying to get a hold Kai.

“What is this guy doing?”

“Suho.” He quickly hid his phone as Xiumin walks up to him, “Who are you calling?”

“Kai.”

“You know SeulMi doesn’t want anyone to call him.”

“He deserves to know what is going on.”

“SeulMi said not to tell him and that is what you’re going to do.” Nurses starts to run out of the surgery room. Mrs. Song became scared. She overheard the nurse said something about loss of blood.

----

Kai’s back started to hurt where the scar was.

“What with today?” he started to get road rage and pulls over. He decided to pick up his phone but as soon as he did the phone died. “Are you serious.” he threw the phone back on the seat.

----

SeulMi’s heart rate was dropping fast and the doctors started to panic and tried to stop the bleeding. The doctors were able to stop the bleed but her heart rate was dropping too fast.

BEEP BEEP

“Doctor, we have a v fib.” Said one of the nurses. The doctors look at the monitor.

“Get me the Defibrillator.” One of the nurses pushes the machine to the doctor. He puts gel onto the paddles. “Turn to 250.” The nurse turn the knob to 250, “Clear.” He use the paddle on SeulMi’s chest and her body twitches.

“No motion.”

“Give me 300 power.” He put the paddle on her again, “Clear.” Same, no response, “350.”

 

EunMi caught one of the nurses and asked her what was going on.

“The patient is having an abnormal heart rhythm.”

“You mean a v fib?”

“Ne.” the Nurse runs off to grab some more supply. Mrs. Song ran to EunMi.

“What did she say? Is everything alright?” EunMi face said it all. Mrs. Song collapse onto the floor. Mr. Song helps her to a seat. Xiumin came to her.

“What wrong?”

“SeulMi is having a heart problem right now.” EunMi took a deep breath, “If they don’t get her heart rhythm back to normal,” EunMi was too stun and kept looking around, “she might not make it.”

----

Kai kept driving. He saw a girl on the side of the rode and trying to hitch hike. Kai stops in front of her. Her rain coat covered her face.

“Where are you headed to?” Kai asked

“I’m going to Ilsandong.”

“Oh I’m going to Ilsanseo.”

“Jjinja?” She smiles, “Do you mind dropping me off at the border?”

“Aniyo.” The girl grabs her bag and puts it in the back of his car and sits in the passenger seat. “What are you going to Ilsandong for?”

“Job. You?”

“Same thing.” He smiles at how cute she was, “How old are you?”

“Waeyo?”

“By the way you look you can’t be a teenager so you have to be in your early to mid-twenties.”

“Daebak, you are really good at observing, ne I’m 23 this year. My name is Hwang RiRin. You?”

“Kim JongIn, 23.”

----

Everyone was praying at the hospital hoping that everything was going to be alright. Suho was still trying to get a hold of Kai.

“Pick up the phone.” The doctors came out of the room and they looked like they were drained of energy. Mrs. Song ran to the doctors

“What happened to my niece? Is everything fine?”

“We have to leave it up to God now.” Dr. Yoon sighs in disappointment.

Preview:

“I was thinking maybe we can go together.”

 “Who are you?”

“Is that how you greet an old friend now?”

 “She is my bodyguard, Hwang Ririn.”

“That was something SeulMi put together for me before leaving.”

“I’m surprise you even remember her name.”

“Oppa.”

“What are you doing here?”