Kidnapped

Complicated Love: ToDay and Tomorrow

Author's Note: Two more chapters and it is the end. Lets us all wait and see how this ends. I already do. Here you go...your double update. Leave comments please and thank you.

☺☺☺☺☺

Luhan, Sehun, Tao, and Chanyeol went and walked around the park talk about the girls when something hit Sehun’s head.

“Apa.” The three hyungs look at the maknae. Sehun rubbed his head.

“Gweanchah-a?” asked Tao

“Something hit my head.” The guys started to look up and down.

“Oh.” Luhan bend down and picks up something. It caught the interest of the other. “It is two rings.” Sehun recognize the rings but he didn’t remember from where.

“I’ve seen those rings from somewhere.” Sehun sighs. “I don’t remember where.”

-----

“Kajima.” Kris wrapped his arm around SeulMi. “You still have me so don’t leave.” SeulMi closed her eyes. “I’m here for you.”

Everyone saw the scene from afar. Kai felt like ripping those two apart but he knew he wasn’t in the position to.

“Let me go.” SeulMi tries to speak through her tears, “I don’t want to be here right now.” She felt like her heart was torn to pieces all over again. She tries to pry his hands from her. “Let me go.” Kris grip tighten.

“I can’t do that." he says so only she could hear, "I’m the reason for your family’s death. If I can prevent yours I will.”

“I don’t want another man in my life.” She was able to unclasp his hands. “Cheossarang…Kris.” She turns to look at him, “Don’t ever love someone until you know the other person loves you too.” SeulMi walks down the stairs. Kai tries to run after her but got stopped by DongWon. He looks at him.

“What?” Kai yells

PWOH!

Kai stumbles backwards and falls. Ririn stood and watched.

“Stay away from her.” DongWon said with anger, “She doesn’t need a weed like you in her life.” DongWon took one look at Ririn before following SeulMi down the stairs.

------

SeulMi went back to the docks and sat at the ledge. Her knees had scrapes from falling down on the way there. The tears were still in her eyes and her hair was in a mess.

“Unnie why did you leave me to deal with all of this.” All the people walking by took a glance at her. She remembers the kiss with Ririn, “He has found another girl, isn’t that great.” She looks at the sky.

If you don’t like it, you can disappear.

“I guess it is best for him, if I disappeared.” She chuckles, “Ani…died.” SeulMi took her shoe off and put it next to her. She slowly stood up and looked into the water. “I should have disappear a long time ago.” She looked at the bracelet in her hand. (Ref. chap 3)

“Help me!” SeulMi struggles to stay up on the surface, “Unnie! Oppa!”

Suho jumps into the water and grabs SeulMi. He swims to the side shore as the guys ran along the dock. Suho pulls SeulMi onto the shore, she was unconscious.

“Sue. Sue.” Yells Kai“Move aside.” Kai ran to her side and started pumping her chest, “Sue c’mon. Wake up. Open your eyes.”

SeulMi coughs up the water, everyone was relieved. She looks up and sees Kai.

“Jong In oppa.”

“Stupid why did you jump into the water like that?”

“I dropped the bracelet on the rock and when I reached for it I slipped and fell.” Kai saw that the bracelet he bought in her hand.

“Don’t do that next time stupid.”

-----

Suho, Kris and Kai went after DongWon and SeulMi.

“She could be anywhere?”

“She knows the layouts of this place really well.” Said Suho, “She could hide from us if she wanted to.” Kai kept his mouth shut and look around the place. He trying to think, where would she go? What place at the resort would mean the most to her.

“The docks!” Kai headed to the docks with the other two following behind. When they got to the dock Kai saw a pair of shoe on the ledge. “Aniyo.” He runs to pick it up. Suho and Kris looks at him, imagining the worst case scenario. “Kang SeulMi!”

Kris saw something on the lower ledge. He get down and picks it up. “Kai.” Kai looks at the bracelet Kris was holding.

“SeulMi.” Kai was about to jump but Kris and Suho holds him back. “Let me go.”

“Kai calm down.” Said Suho. “We don’t really know if she really jumped or not.” Kai turns and grabs his brother’s collar.

“This is all of your fault.” Kai grip tighten, “If you didn’t…” Kai couldn’t say it.

“You were the one who told her to disappear.” Said Kris, “You can’t blame anyone but yourself.” Kai slowly let go of Suho’s collar. “We shouldn’t worry too much, DongWon did follow her too.”

“Mianhae.”

-----

Everyone was at the beach house waiting for the three guys. Everyone looked serious and disappointed. But when the three guys enters the door, everyone notice Kai the most. ChangMin walked around the house.

“We couldn’t find her.” Kris said.

“She left already.” EunMi stood up, “DongWon and they both left back home already.” She looks at Kai. His head was down, “I really want to know what is going on in that head of yours.” She crosses her arm, “Are you dense or just stupid?”

“EunMi ssi.” Suho tries to speak

“You too.” EunMi was furious, “I may not have known SeulKi, but why would you guys put such a young girl in this kind of situation?”

“I’m sorry.”

“That doesn’t cut it.” EunMi felt like she was about to burst, “SeulMi and SeulKi are sisters, you two are brothers you guys should have known from the beginning that the truth would have been revealed and the consequences that comes with it.” EunMi took a deep breath.

“Did she leave anything?” Kai said

“Ani…I would be surprise if she did.” She sighs, “You were the one that told her to disappear. Why? Did you need some confirmation that she left.” Kai didn’t say anything, “I really wish that I can punch you right now, but seeing that oppa had already done that I really shouldn’t.”

“I’ll go to my room.” He walks towards the hallway.

“Hyung.” Sehun walks up to him, “We found this earlier. It looked like SeulMi’s.” Kai looks at the rings in Sehun's hand.

If it isn’t true love no matter how far apart or close the rings are to each other the ‘lovers’ will never meet.

The rings will always return to the lovers.

“Hyung,” Kai looks at Sehun, “I don’t know what happened between you and SeulMi, nor do I know what these rings represent but…all stories doesn’t have to have the same beginning or ending." he hands Kai the rings,  "Everyone is different, I think it is time for you to start your own story and stop lingering on the old one.” Sehun holds Kai shoulder one more time before walking into his room. Kai walks towards the library and heard ChangMin baby talking. Kai walks into the library and saw him sitting by the desk. He saw him playing with the journal. Kai goes and picks up ChangMin and takes the journal. An envelope slips out of the journal. Kai picks up the envelope;

To Kim JongIn, and My Dongsae

Kai give ChangMin back to EunMi, before going into SeulMi’s room. He sat down on her bed and observes the envelope, it was open once before. Kai opens it takes out the letter.

To whoever finds this letter,

I’m really sorry for what I have done to you both. I realize now (and should have realized then) how much pain and suffering this has caused all of us. If I could change the past and take back what I did, I would. But “if,” , “would”, and “could” are things I could only hope for, what I can do is try to mend the damage that I have done and hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

Words will never suffice as the only apology for what I have done, but I sincerely, wish that it can start the healing process and let you guys know that I am making my choice…I’m going to elope with Suho if things don't turn out the way we both want it.

JongIn, I’m really sorry that I can’t face you to tell you all this. I love you…but not sincerely. I love Suho and always have. Suho and I only broke up because we fear for you and SeulMi. I’m really sorry if you feel that I wronged you. You don’t have to forgive me, I understand, but don’t hate your brother or SeulMi, she only did it for your happiness and ours. If somehow Suho and I can’t be together, neither will we. I want you to give SeulMi a chance. She loves you more than I do.

SeulMi…words cannot express what I feel. All I can say is I am sorry for doing this to you. I made you the middle person in all of this, and for that I can only say I am sorry. I know you loved JongIn and that you care for him, but because of me you gave all that up. You were willing to give up your love for my sake. I know I broke your heart a thousand times and yet you still respect me. You are the best dongsae anyone can have. If there really is a next life I will want to be born as your sister again.

Love you both,

Kang SeulKi

-----

SeulMi sat in the airport with her luggage. She kept looking at her phone hoping Kai would call or text her. DongWon comes and sit next to her. He hands her a can of soda. She takes it.

“Gomawa.” She opens it and takes a sip.

“Gweanchah-a?” He looks at her

“I don’t know.” She sighs and smirks at him, “I’m sorry about Ririn.”

“It wasn’t your fault.”

“I know but I was the cause of it.” Memories flashes through her head, “From the beginning it has always been my fault.” She sighs, “I’m part of the reason why Suho and Unnie broke up. The reason why I and Kai had a divorce and the reason he got injured. Now it is my fault you saw that.”

“That was none of your fault. Kai did it out of anger.” She shook her head

“I hated myself for the longest time. I always told myself that it wasn’t my fault either but it never worked. The feeling of guilt and regret always came back. If I wasn’t for you I would have already jump earlier.”

“Why would you take your own life? At a place that meant so much to you.”

“That place is where things should have ended for me. It was the day my feelings sparked for him.”

“Is that why you left the bracelet?”

“I left it because it was a symbol of our friendship. I left it where my feelings began and where it should have ended.” SeulMi takes a deep breath and looks at DongWon, “Oppa if you really love her, I suggest you tell her now.” She stood up and walked towards the gate.

-----

Two Days Later

Kai and Ririn walked into the company and was greeted by all the employee. Luke came running down to him.

“Sir, you have a meeting in 5.”

“Thank you.” Kai rushes up there with Luke and Ririn on his tail. As soon as he got into the conference room everyone stared at him. He looked at SeulMi’s seat and saw June sitting there instead.

“Mr. Kim, now that you’re here let’s begin.” Said one of the members. Kai went and sat down at a chair not too far from June. After the meeting Kai stop June to talk to her.

“Where is SeulMi?”

“She couldn’t make it to the meeting so I am here in her place.” June bows and walks away.

 

Ririn was walking in the hallway when she sees DongWon walking with SeulMi. She walks towards them.

“Ms. Kang SeulMi.” They both looks at her. SeulMi gave her a warm smile.

“Ne?” Ririn didn’t know how to respond.

“Mianhae about the incident the other day.”

“Don’t worry about it.” SeulMi pats her arm, “It wasn’t your fault." Ririn still had a guilty expression on her face, "How about this, let talk over lunch tomorrow. DongWon can take over your spot and you can take over his spot.”

“Ne.”

“See you tomorrow.”

SeulMi walks towards the exit with DongWon and June. Kai spots them and tries to run after them but gets stop by some of thefemale employees.

“Can I have your number?” The girl asks

“Not right now.” He kept his eyes on SeulMi and DongWon, “Maybe next time. I got to do something first.” He escapes the girl and runs towards the exit but they disappeared already. “Aish.” He exclaims.

“JongIn.” Kai turns around to see Ririn, “What are you doing?”

“Nothing.” Ririn was about to go back in when he stopped her, "Ririn about what happened at the hotel...I'm really sorry. I didn't know what I was doing."

"Gweanchah-a...I know you were upset and did it out of anger. But next time if you do it again...DongWon won't be the only one throwing the punch." Kai walks into the building and bumps into an older guy. 

“Mianhae.” Kai continues walking. The older guy looks at him.

“You will be.” the older guy say under his breath.

-----

SeulMi sat by the pool and stared into it.

“Disappearing isn’t as easy as you think.” She smirks, “I want to disappear.” She closes her eyes and slid into the water. She puts herself under.

 

Kai drives into the driveway and saw SeulMi’s car. He walks into the house and looks around, it was to quiet. He goes out into the back.

“SeulMi?” He looks at the pool, no one there. He notice wet footsteps leading to the patio. SeulMi was in a robe sitting down looking at the sky. “SeulMi.” He walks closer, “Are you okay?” No answer. “Look SeulMi, what I said the other day…I was angry.” No answer, “Are you going to keep being like this? If you’re mad hit me, yell at me, do something.”

SeulMi stands up and stood right in front of him. She looked into his dark brown orbs before she kisses his cheek. Kai was just dumbfounded as he touch his cheek. SeulMi’s face was expressionless.

“Good night.” She walks inside without looking back.

---

SeulMi was having lunch with Ririn at a BBQ place. Ririn seem kind of shy and anxious.

“Ririn.”

“Ne?”

“You don’t have to be awkward with me.” SeulMi smiles.

“Ani…it just…you’re my boss.”

“Kai is your boss too, you don’t seem too worried about that.”

“We have known each other for some time. The awkwardness had gone down between us.” Ririn sighs, “But I really want to apologize for what had happen the other day. I don’t know what he was thinking.”

“He was angry and trying to prove his point.” SeulMi took a sip of her water, “You just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.”

“JongIn has told me about your relationship with him.”

“And are you uncomfortable with that?”

“Ani, it just put me in an awkward position.”

“Can I ask you a question Ririn?” She nods, “Are you and Kai in a…relationship?”

“Aniyo…”

“You seem really close to him. He even let you call him by his real name.”

“That was how he introduce himself to me when we first met. I later found out, after his brothers met with him that he was also called Kai. He told me that if I wanted to continue calling him JongIn, it was fine.” Ririn examines SeulMi’s face, “Waeyo?”

“Ani…Ririn have you ever consider dating Kai?” Ririn was quiet for a sec

“Ani, I’m still waiting for somebody.” Ririn sighs, “Someone who isn’t coming back to me no matter how hard I try.”

“You’re talking about DongWon?” Ririn was surprised, “He told me about you. Our problem are very much alike and different.”

“He is still mad at me. Along with his sister.”

“Why did you leave, without a word?”

“It was after one of our assignment. I became traumatize by it. Not too long after DongWon and I were sent on another assignment. I nearly got him kill because of my fear. So I left without telling anyone.”

“What were you traumatize by?”

“Fire…my parents pass in a fire. One of our mission before, the place we went to was set on fire. I couldn’t breathe and thought I was dying. DongWon dragged me out of the place. Not too long after we were sent to capture a bomber who was selling weapons illegally. I wasn’t cautious enough and got held hostage. We later found out that the bomber was crazy, he liked to play with fire. While trying to negotiate to set me free he accidently set the place on fire and ran out. DongWon tried to save me while the other were told to leave. While trying to save me a beam fell on DongWon. We manage to get out safely before we both fainted. DongWon was hospitalized for a week. That was when I knew I was a burden and left.”

“DongWon still loves you…He is mad, but give him some more time, he’ll come around.” SeulMi’s phone rang, “Excuse me.” She got up and went outside of the tent. “Hello?” before she knew it she felt a hand over and was dragged into a car. Ririn ran as soon as she saw SeulMi getting dragged into a car.

“SeulMi!” The car drives off.

-----

DongWon walks around with Kai at the building. DongWon notice something was off about Kai.

“Is something the matter Kai?” Kai goes and sit on the bench and stares at DongWon. DongWon goes and stand next to him.

“That day when you followed SeulMi, did she do anything rash?”

“Besides trying to jump off the dock, no.”

“She try to do what?” Kai stood up

“That dock near the beach house, she tried to jump off of it.” DongWon put his hands in his pockets, “When I got there she mumble about, 'she should have been the one to die.' or 'she was never meant to live.' I was able to get a hold of her before she jumped in.” DongWon gave him a disappointed stare, “Why would you tell a girl to disappear like that?”

“I said if she didn’t like it, she could.”

“You knew she didn’t like it. Yet you still did it. So you basically told her to disappear.”

RING RING

DongWon picks up the call.

“Yeobosayo?”

“DongWon, I need your help!” Ririn was driving in SeulMi’s car chasing after the van not too far behind, “SeulMi has been kidnapped.”

“What?”

“I need back up. Track SeulMi’s car.” Ririn ended the call

“Ririn! Ririn!” DongWon looks at his phone and sees that the call has ended. Kai looks at him.

“What is wrong?”

“SeulMi has been kidnapped.”

-----

SeulMi was cuff to a pillar and unconscious. There were rumbles all around her. The wall next to them were torn down and the air was full of dust. SeulMi slowly opens her eyes and see the cuff on her wrist. She pulls at it but it doesn’t budge.

“Awake are we?” A short guy, about the age of 46, walks towards her, “Morning CEO.” The guy gave her a creepy smile. His accomplice stood by the hallway.

“Who are you?” SeulMi felt her heart racing in fear, “What do you want?”

“You don’t need to know who I am.” He squats in front of her, “I’m just using you as bait…I won’t do anything to you. I already called the GM, your ex-husband, to bring me 1.5 million, all I need is for you to be a good girl. But if you do try anything funny.” He pulls out a pocketknife, “I won’t be sorry.”

“He won’t come.”

“How are you so sure?”

“He hates me.”

“That wasn’t how he sounded when he answered the call from your phone.” The guy smirks, “He seem really worried about you.”

“What is it you really want?” SeulMi notice the surprise look in his eyes, “Only certain people knows about our marriage and the divorce. What is it you really want?”

“Good observation.” The guy chuckles, “I’m actually here for Kai. He fired me right on the spot after transferring to Ilsan, because I was caught stealing money from the company. I lost my daughter and my wife committed suicide, I’m just a janitor now, cleaning after people every single day.”

“What are you going to do to Kai?”

“You’ll just have to wait and see.”

Preview:

“If I were you I put that gun down.”

“I am the man you ruin two years ago.”

“I only married her because of money. I beat her, her, and divorce her. I even left her when she was sick, she was nothing more than a toy to me.”

“Why isn’t she talking?”

“Do you believe we can still be in a relationship?”