New

Complicated Love: ToDay and Tomorrow

Ririn and DongWon stares at each other speechless. Ririn’s breath became slow and steady. DongWon on the other hand was just lost. This girl who left him four years ago decided to show up in front of him.

“Oppa.”

“What are you doing here?”

“I could as you the same question.” Ririn tries to hold her composure, “I’m here for work. You?”

“I’m here to pick up a person.”

“DongWon oppa!” They both turn to see Kris pushing SeulMi towards them. DongWon smiles and waves at them. Ririn saw his smile and knew that he was happy, but just like Kai she had the wrong idea of what was happening. “Oppa, when did you get here?”

*She actually called him oppa.* Ririn thought to herself

“I just got here a while ago. Kaja.” He goes and takes Kris’ place and rolls her out pass Ririn. Ririn watches as the three leaves the building together.

“Umm miss.” The front desk lady taps Ririn on the shoulder

“Ne.” She broke out of her trance and turns around

“Mr. JongIn is ready for you.” Ririn smiles and walks towards the elevator.

 

Kai was in his desk leaning back in his chair.

“Did she not miss me at all?” He sighs and closes his eyes. He remembers her face from a moment ago. She looked better than how she looks two years ago. She wasn’t skinny just right, and she glowed, she was beautiful. His daydream was broken by a knock at the door,

“Come in.” he sits up right. Ririn comes in through the door, “Oh Ririn,” he quickly gets up, “When did you get here?” he goes and give her a quick hug.

“Not too long ago.” She looks around his office, “So what is the plan for today?”

“We are having retirement ceremony for the CEO of Sujeong and the promotion, tonight.”

“That quick.”

“Ne, but they’ve been planning this. They’ve just waited for me to come back to join them.” Ririn nods, “So I was wondering since you just got here and you aren’t official on duty, do you mind being my date?”

“Bwoh?”

“Just for tonight?” Ririn smiles and crosses her arms

“Fine but it is going to cost you extra.”

----

It was time for the evening event and everyone was starting to gather. Reporters and cameramen waiting to capture the news. Both Sujeong and KIM CORPs people sat in the front of the stage. SeulMi was already there with DongWon and Kris next to her. DongWon kept looking around the room and caught SeulMi’s attention.

“DongWon oppa.”

“Hmm?”

“Who are you looking for?”

“N-no one. No one.” SeulMi nods

“Seems like you’re looking for that girl from this morning.”

“Who?” DongWon couldn’t believe SeulMi found out already from just a mere observation.

“You know who I am talking about?” She took a sip of her water, “That girl at the front desk who couldn’t keep her eyes off of you.”

“You saw her.”

“I saw everything as Kris and I walked towards the front. You guys seem pretty close.”

“Speak of the devil,” Kris said, “there she is.” All three of them look in the same direction. They see her hook arms with someone but they couldn’t see the gentleman she was with. They were crowded with reporters. “I wonder who she came with.”

“No need to guess.” The two guys look down at her.

“What do you mean?”

“Whenever a new girl like her, beautiful and perfect, pops up at KIM corps even I know who they’ll come with.” SeulMi leans back in her chair, “Kai.” The guys look and was surprise at her observation.

“Daebak.” It really was Kai.

Kai looks over and saw the three of them sitting together. He notice SeulMi’s expression. It looked hurt but it was cover with a layer of happiness. He was about to go and say hi but it was time to start. Mr. Song was welcomed up to the stage to say his retirement speech.

“As for the last part of this retirement party I’ll like to present to the employee of Sujeong their new CEO.” He smiles and looks at SeulMi who sat down in the audience, “All of you should know who she is; and if you do you’ve might have heard of all her struggles these past four years. Her losing her family and fighting cancer.” Mr. Song chuckles, “She is a fighter and a good one at that.” Kai looks over at SeulMi who look like she was about to tear up. “And I hope that she takes that fighting spirit to lead all of you guys and Sujeong to success. I welcome your new CEO, Kang SeulMi.” Everyone stood up and clap.

Kai was curious why she didn’t get up. Then he notice DongWon going behind her. *You are a high maintenance person now aren’t you.* he thought, but then he saw her moving along with DongWon. His heart dropped as he felt a lump in his throat. She was sitting in a wheelchair. Everyone sat down except for Kai. Ririn had to pull him to sit down. Suho notice this and couldn’t help but smile at his baby brother’s stupidity.

Mr. Song gave SeulMi and hug and kiss her forehead. He goes back to the podium. “There are also a few changes in the system this coming year. We have appointed three new staff member into our company. As you know our connection with KIM Corps is strong but we would like to make them even stronger. We’ve appointed a new GM.” Kai looked Xiumin remembering that his brother was going to be transfer over to Sujeong after his return. “Kim JongIn.” Everyone clapped and Kai was dumbfounded. He got up and bow before heading to the stage. He stood right next to DongWon. “We have taken precautionary measure as well. Thanks to KIM Corps we’ll be receive two of the best officer in their company. Kim DongWon.” DongWon bows as he stood on stage, “and Hwang Ririn.” DongWon’s eyes rounded. Ririn stood up as slow as Kai did and walked up on stage.

“I think it going to end up a horrible mess up there.” EunMi comments

“What?” said Xiumin

“Nothing.”

 

After the party the four stood outside the door saying goodbye to everyone. Ririn and DongWOn stood closer by the door, then it was Kai and then SeulMi.

“SeulMi.” SeulMi looks up at Kai, “Can we talk later?”

“Of course.”

DongWon and Ririn avoiding looking at eachother. Knowing that no one knew their connection was a good thing. Finally the family came out and congratulated everyone. EunMi stop by DongWon.

“Are you going to be okay?”

“Ne. Don’t worry about me, you guys get home safely.” EunMi smiles and walk towards the other two.

Kris was talking to them.

“Congrats you two big shots. CEO and GM of Sujeong Corps. Wow.” He smiles, “And you.” He taps Kai, “Not even going to say hi to your hyung anymore.”

“Ani hyung.” Kris shook his head and looks at SeulMi

“Did you want me to wait for you?” Before SeulMi could answer Kai cut in

“Acutally Hyung I was wondering if you’ll let me take her home.” He looks at SeulMi, “We have a lot to talk about.” Kris looks at SeulMi.

“It ok Kris. We have a lot to catch up on.”

“I’ll leave you two then.” Kris walks away with his hands in his pocket.

 

Kai pushes SeulMi towards his car. There was an awkward silence between the two, actually just for Kai.

“How have you been?” asked SeulMi

“Bwoh?”

“I said how have you been?” SeulMi chuckles a little.

“O-oh, I’ve been great.”

“How was it over there in Ilsan?”

“Ilsan is pretty much like here, nothing different just the sites.” They got to his car. He puts SeulMi’s breaks on and goes and open the door.

“You’ve must have been busy.” She looks at her hand, “You never kept in contact as soon as you left.” He stops and looks at SeulMi.

“Ani, I meant to come back, I just never had the time.”

“Or were you mad at Kris and me?” He squats down in front of her and look at her. She read his expression, “You were weren’t you.”

“I was, but what could I do.” He touches her hand, “My best friends were together, the saddest part about the whole thing was I couldn’t make you as happy as he did.” Kai picks her up bridal style from her seat and put her in the passenger seat. He buckles her in and closes the door. He folds up her wheelchair and puts it in the trunk.

*Babo, you made me happy regardless.* she said to herself.

Kai gets into the driver’s seat and drives off.

“Do you still live in the same place?”

“Ani. I’m living with ajumma and ajussi again.” Kai kept staring at SeulMi and her legs. Wondering what happen to her.

“SeulMi, if you don’t mind me asking, what happened?” Kai sighs, “What happened to your legs?”

“I found a donor. The day you left was the day the transplant was going to happen. There were some complication with the transplant. When I woke up they told me that the transplant had gone well, but I couldn’t move my legs.” SeulMi sighs, “I was really devastated and depressed but I thought to myself, I guess that it was better for me not to be able to walk than lose my life.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“What was the point? You were already mad at me. It was better to send you off mad then make you come back during your transfer.”

“My transfer wasn’t important.” His grip on the steering wheel tighten, “You’re more important.”

“You’re transfer was important to me.” Kai wish he was deaf at that point. He parked the car on the side of the road.

“What did you say?”

“Your transfer meant everything to Sujeong.” The tears started to brim in her eyes, “I didn’t even know if I was going to make it through the surgery. We needed someone to take over the company. Everyone thought you weren’t capable so your father decided to send you to take care of the branch in Ilsan.”

“There was Xiumin hyung, Suho hyung and Kris hyung.”

“Ani, it had to be you.”

“Why me?”

“Do you remember the reason we got married?” SeulMi lean back in her chair, “It was so that we could help your father’s company. There was another reason why my abeoji did it. It was because he had no sons. At the end of the contract it said that if something was to have happen to the current CEO or GM, the person who married the daughter of Sujeong corps would become the next GM or CEO of the company. He has to meet one certain criteria, and that was to hold a high position by himself without letting it fall for at least two years.”

“Your uncle could held it.”

“My uncle is getting old and they have no kids Kai. If I would have died no one would have been there to hold it.”

“So you decided that sending me away was the best thing, for both of us.” Kai was looking straight at her now, “Did ever think about me when you agreed to send me to Ilsan?” SeulMi scoffs.

“Did you ever think about me whenever you made your decisions when we were together?” the tears finally left her eyes, “I thought about you every single time I made mines; and you want to know what, it killed me every time. I could have been selfish and kept you to myself but I thought about how keeping you with me was going to put you through what unnie did four years ago.” Her tears ran down her face as she spoke the truth to him. Kai never thought about how hurt she was. He only thought about himself and how hurt he was, “I was dying Kai…I only had a year left. Doing the surgery was my only hope. I had to make you go because you are the only person who would be able to take over the company.”

“Why didn’t you let me stay by your side?” Kai kept his tears in, “I regretted leaving you when SeulKi and your parents died four years ago. Now… the surgery. I wasn’t even there to help you recover.”

“I didn’t you want to see me die.”

“So you would’ve rather let me come back two years later to find out you died and make me feel worse.” SeulMi wipes her tears

“Ani” SeulMi looks at him, “I would had done something to make you hate me to the point that even if I did die you wouldn’t even let a single tear drop.”

“Were you going to tell me that you gave one of the rings to Suho hyung and that he was your lover?” SeulMi hesitated for sec before smirking. “That isn’t going to work.”

“This is why I told you not to believe in stories.” SeulMi took a deep breath, “Kaja. I’m getting tired.”

“Ani, we have to finish talking.”

“If you don’t take me home right now I’m going to get out of this car right.”

“You can’t even walk. How are you going to get home?” SeulMi looks at him and unbuckles herself, “Yah! What are you doing?”

“Leaving.” She opens his car door. He quickly leans over and closes it.

“Fine, I’ll take you home.”

----

Kai pulls into the Song’s driveway. Kai quickly unbuckles himself and gets out of his car. One of the servants quickly comes and opens SeulMi’s door.

“You,” Kai stops him, “get the chair from my trunk and take it inside.” He quickly leaves the two.

“What are you doing?”

“Taking you inside myself.” Kai picks up SeulMi bridal style.

“Yah!” She stares at him in disbelief as both of her arms wraps around his neck, “Put me in my chair.”

“Ani,” Kai smirks, “I’m going to do whatever I can to replace those two years of not being there with you and helping you.”

“A-arraso.” Kai walks her towards the front door. Mrs. Song comes running to the door but blushes at the site.

“Good evening ajumma.” Kai greeted her with SeulMi still in his arms. SeulMi was so embarrassed

“Hello to you too.” She smiles, “What wrong with SeulMi?”

“Nothing, I just decided to carry her.” Kai looks around, “Where is her room?”

“Oh it fine we can have one of the workers help her.”

“Andwe, I want to do it.” Mrs. Song looks at SeulMi and she shakes her head. Kai knew that SeulMi was shaking her head by the movement he felt. “Don’t worry, I won’t do anything. I’m just taking her to her room.”

“Straight down the hall 2nd door on your right.”

“Gomawa.” Kai starts to walk that way.

 

Kai stops in front the door he was told.

“Is it this one?”

“Ne.” SeulMi didn’t look at him.

“Are you going to help me open it?”

“Bwoh?”

“I am holding you with both of my hands. Unless you want me to drop you I suggest you help me open the door.” SeulMi slowly unwraps her arm and reaches for the door knobs. Kai walks in and sets her down on her bed. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” He leaves her.

“Stupid Kim JongIn.” SeulMi slowly stands up and tries to walk to her desk. She struggles to move her legs. Her steps are small and weak but she makes progress. When she gets to her desk her face is full of sweat. She opens the desk draw and the two rings.

------

Kai was early at the company. He was greeted by the staff and everyone else. He waits for SeulMi at the door.

“JongIn.” Kai turn and find Ririn right behind him.

“Morning Ririn.”

“Who are you waiting for?”

“SeulMi.”  Ririn stood next to Kai, “Don’t you have to go somewhere?”

“Ani, I have to wait for DongWon.” Kai was confused. Why would someone who has a higer placement wait for DongWon.

Kris pulls up to the driveways and helps SeulMi into her chair. Kai felt jealous when he Kris carry from the car to her chair. Kris rolls her in to the building. DongWon comes out of his car with two other men behind SeulMi and Kris.

“Morning Kai.”

“Morning SeulMi.” Kai walked besides her, “What is the schedule for today?”

“We’re going to have quick board meeting in about 40 minutes or so and then afterwards all security will go to the conference room to have a meeting with DongWon.”

“Why DongWon? Why not Ririn?” SeulMi signal for Kris to stop pushing her. She turns the chair around and looks at Kai.

“Because DongWon has my trust. Ririn on the other hand is a new person. I have to watch how she works before I can place her to a higher position.”

“She was transfer her for a reason.”

“She was transfer here to keep the peace in the company. I’m running a company here Kai, I can’t allow the way you feel to mess with things. Now if you don’t mind I need to make a phone call to Suho oppa.”

SeulMi rolls herself to the elevator. She is followed by everyone else except Kai and Ririn. DongWon took a glance at her before he walks towards the elevators too. Ririn walks towards Kai.

“JongIn, you didn’t have to do that.”

“Ani…I’ll go talk to her.” Kai looks at Ririn, “They sent you here to protect me. I’m not going to allow them to put you in such a low position.”

Preview:

“If I make one wrong move or a stupid decision I’ll bring this company down with me.”

“Trust isn’t something you can just give, it is earned.”

“Isn’t this what you wanted? Why are you acting like this?”

“Do you believe that all story has a happy ending?”

“I saw a ring similar to the Lovers’ Ring in hyung’s office.”

♥Please Leave Comments and Subscribe. Upvoting are greatly Appreciated.♥