Realize

Complicated Love: ToDay and Tomorrow

Author's Note: Double Update for you lovely readers out there. Comment and subscribe. 

SeulMi POV

I woke up on the cold hard floor which made my back hurt. I looked around notice that he wasn’t there. I went and looked downstairs, but he wasn’t there either. My heart hurt, I felt betrayed.

“I knew it was too good to be true.” I shook my head and headed towards the kitchen for breakfast alone. I kept my ears open hoping he’ll come through the door or from somewhere to give me a hug but that didn’t happen. I didn’t even eat my breakfast instead I went back upstairs and got ready for work.

----

It was my first day back at Sujeong since I left. Everything was still the same nothing changed. June was the first face I saw when I got to my office. She greeted me happily as always.

“Welcome Back SeulMi ssi.” She stood up to greet me.

“It’s good to be back.” I smiled at her and enter my office, she follows me in, “Anything new I need to know about.” I took a sit at my desk.

“Yes.” June scrolls down her tablet, “You have a conference meeting with all of the shareholder at 10. Mr. Song wants to talk to you over lunch. The CEO, GM, and ambassador from KIM Corps area joining you also. Ummm.” She scrolls down some more, “You’re schedule meet with Dr. Yoon later at 4. And you have to sign some document and get them approved by Mr. Song.”

“Thanks June.” I lean back into my chair, “That will be all.” June bow, “You can take some vacation time if you like.”

“What?” she look surprise. I couldn’t help but laugh at her expression.

“I know filling in for me for the last month must have been hard on you so, go ahead and take a break whenever you’ll like just tell me ahead of time.”

“Ne.” she smiles, “Thanks you GM.” She walks out. I spun around in my chair and looked out the window and closed my eyes. When I felt my phone vibrate. I looked and saw a text message from Kai. I opened it, and drop my phone as soon as I saw the picture.

----

Kai POV

I felt someone caresses my face gently. When I open my eyes I almost fell off the bed. Luna sat there giggling at me, covering herself with the bed covers.

“Morning oppa.” She smile, “Did you sleep well? I did.” She got off the bed, wrap the cover around her body and walked towards her dresser.

“Why are…What am I doing here?” I looked at myself and remember what happened last night. I yelled at myself.

“Oppa don’t tell me you don’t remember a thing from last night?” Luna acted disappointed, “The way you kissed me, touched me and did it to me was almost like magic.” I looked at the time it was already 10. I quickly grab my phone and put my clothes on, “She knows already.” I stop

“She what?” Luna walked over to me with only her shirt and on.

“I suggest you just be ready for what is going to happen.” She fixed my shirt and kissed my cheek then left back to her room. I ran out her apartment as soon as I could.

----

Author POV

SeulMi sat in the conference room listening to one of the event planners talk. Suho, Xiumin and Kris were all there. Suho notice SeulMi’s expression. She was totally zoned out and worried about what she saw in the picture. It was a picture of Kai lying on the bed in a girl’s apartment. SeulMi could tell by the bed sheet and the clothes lying around the room.

“SeulMi.” Someone called her, “SeulMi-ah.” She looks up and saw everyone looking at her. She notice it was her uncle talking to her. “What do you think of the project?” SeulMi scanned through the papers really quick.

“I think it is a really great idea. But we have to look into the budget before approving this.  Also we have to see not just how it benefits us but the community also.” Everyone nods in agreement.

 

SeulMi and Mr. Song said goodbye to all the shareholders as they left. Kris, Suho and Xiumin was walking toward them.

“SeulMi are you okay?” ask Mr. Song

“N-ne. Just still recovering.” Mr. Song nods

“If you still don’t feel well just go home. I’ll have Luke take care of it.”

“Ani ajusshi.” She took a deep breath “I’m okay.”

“So.” Said Xiumin, “Are we ready for lunch?”

-----

They all sat around and at lunch together. The guys talked and ate but SeulMi kept playing with her food. Kris notice something was off.

“SeulMi.” SeulMi looks at Kris, “Are you feeling okay? Do you not like the food?”

“Ani.” She smiles, “The food is great I just don’t have the appetite right now.” They all looked at her, “Don’t worry unnie said that it happens to leukemia patients; sometime we’re hungry sometime we aren’t.” She was hungry, but her stomach just wasn’t accepting any food after the picture she just saw.  She didn’t know why it bother her so much, he done it a lot of time and yet she felt betrayed and embarrassed.

“You should try eating a little at least.” Said Mr. Song, “Your ajumma has been pestering me about making you come back to work. She says that you should rest and recovering.”

“Just tell ajumma that it was my decision.” She sighs, “Plus I need to get my mind off of it. If I worry too much it’ll be bad for me.” Her uncle smiles back at her. Suho knew this look, it was the same look after SeulKi and Kai got together.

Not too long after Suho and SeulKi broke up Kai asked SeulKi out. SeulMi had ran upstairs to her room after seeing them kiss. Suho followed her upstairs. SeulMi cried her eyes out and all Suho could do was comfort her.

At dinner Kai announced his relationship with SeulKi. Suho stood next to SeulMi as they watched the new couple smile at each other.

“Are you okay SeulMi?” She didn’t take her eyes off of the couple.

“If unnie and JongIn oppa are happy I am happy.” Suho could tell she was fighting her tears back, “I’ll become his best friend.” She took a deep breath, “I’ll be the one he can come to and help him with unnie.”

“Waeyo?”

“It is the next closest thing to being someone he cares for.” That was what she did for the next five years of her life.

“SeulMi.” She looks at Xiumin, “Have you seen Kai? He didn’t come to work this morning.”

“He-.”

“Sorry I’m late guys.” Kai walks to the table and smiles. He sits down next to SeulMi and kisses her on the cheek. “Sorry I had a little incident this morning.” He holds her hand.

“It is alright.” SeulMi she noticed some red marks on his neck that looks like scratches. She can still see lipstick on his face even though he washed it off. It was as if the person wanted her to know what happened. She was so sick to her stomach that she could throw up and best the crap out of the guy next to her.  “Excuse me.” She gets up and walks towards the bathroom. Kai just looks back and smiles at his brothers and Mr. Song. Xiumin and Suho looks at each other and knew something was definitely wrong.

 

SeulMi sat in the stall crying to herself. Since it was lunch time and it was an expensive restaurant there weren’t a lot of people. She got out of the stall and wiped her face. When she open the door Kai was standing there with her bag and jacket. He saw her and knew she was crying.

“I told them that you probably wasn’t feeling well. They left already.” SeulMi grabs her stuff from him.

“You didn’t have to come. You could have stayed with whoever you stayed with last night.” She walks towards the door.

“SeulMi.” He chased after her into the parking lot, “Listen to me.” He ran and stopped in front of her.

“You don’t have to tell me anything.” SeulMi smiles with tears in her eyes, “I’ve made my decision.”

“What are you talking about?” SeulMi opens her bag and takes out an envelope and give it to Kai.

“I thought about it last night and I know that there is a chance I will not make it.” She chuckles, “So I’m setting you free like I promised weeks ago. I don’t want to hold you back from your future just because mine isn’t clear. I don’t want to deprive you from your needs just because of my condition.”

“Is that what this is all about?” he hold SeulMi’s arms, “I don’t need any of that SeulMi. What happened last night was just a mistake. Luna and I…” The name she wasn’t expecting to hear hurt her the most, “that was nothing. Luna was drunk and I wasn’t thinking straight.”

“Good Bye Kai.  I’ll see you in court in two days.” She walks pass him to her car and drives off. Leaving Kai in the parking lot alone. Kai open the envelope and saw the divorce notice. SeulMi wasn’t claiming anything nor was taking anything all he needed to do was appear at court the next day and sign the paper in front of the judge.

----

When Kai got home Jean walked up to him and handed him a note. He went upstairs into his room and saw that she had taken all of her stuff, but she left the silver rings and her wedding band on the night stand next to her side of the bed.

JongIn oppa

If you’re reading this I’ve already left. I knew that if I stay and said good-bye I wouldn’t be able to do it. Don’t worry I’ve already talked to Ajussi and Abeoji about this. They were furious at first but they understood my point. I also talked to Suho, don’t worry about him.

I left my wedding ring and the lovers’ rings with you hoping you’ll find someone new. I want to let you know that marrying you was a dream come true for me but fate made me change my mind. Don’t go drinking and partying anymore, you need to take care of yourself more.

I’ve found an apartment near work so don’t worry too much. This babo tree of yours isn’t standing strong anymore it’s falling in hopes that the flower won’t come back to the same place. Anneyeong Chingu.

Sarang your Chingu,

Kang SeulMi Aka Sue

----

Next Day

SeulMi sat in her new apartment. It wasn’t like any ordinary apartment. It had a large kitchen with a dining area, two bedrooms, a large living room, and a full bathroom. The apartment had the basic needs there already.

“How do you like it?” ask Mr. Song

“It great ajussi, but I told you I didn’t need anything fancy.”

“I know.” He puts his hand in his pockets, “But your ajumma said that since you aren’t staying with us she wanted to find a nice apartment for you.” He sighs, “You sure you don’t want to stay with ajumma and me?”

“Ani…I don’t want to be a bother.” Mr. Song hugs SeulMi and kisses her head.

“If you need anything don’t hesitate to call us.”

“Ne.” SeulMi smiles at him, “Anneyeong ajussi.”

“Anneyeong.” Mr. Song leaves her apartment.

----

Kai stayed home that day and drunk about 5 bottles of Soju and 3 cans of beer. He kept staring at the wedding picture that was in their living room. Kai had his arm wrapped around SeulMi and they both were smiling.

SeulMi and Kai were taking their wedding photos. Kai had SeulMi in a back hug. He didn’t like it one bit, but he had to do it for the company. SeulMi on the other hand was happy but she knew that Kai was uncomfortable.

“Last one.” Said the photographer, “1...2...3...” CLICK, “Okay that is the end of the wedding pictures.” Kai quickly let go of SeulMi and walked into the changing room. SeulMi was kind of upset, but she knew that it was because of the arranged marriage. SeulMi goes and change back into her old clothes.

They both meet in the front and paid for the service. As soon as Kai was done paying he just left. SeulMi chased after him.

“Kai. Wait for me.” He stops and looks at her

“I don’t want you to follow me.” He raised his voice at her, “I was only told to come and take pictures with you. Not go out with you.” SeulMi was taken back at his cold tone, “Now if you’re done I’m going to go to hangout with my friends.” Kai gets into his car and roll down the window, “Find your own ride home.” He drives off leaving her in the parking lot.

----

SeulMi has been decorating her apartment all day and unwrapping her new furrniture. She walks into her room and finishes unpacking. She took the wedding picture with her also. She knew Kai’s smile was fake but it still made her smile to know she had that moment with him. She turns on her phone and saw the picture of Kai sleeping. She slowly glide her hand over the screen and smiles. She put her on her night stand kept unpacking. Then she remember she forgotten her medicine at Kai’s house.

“Should I call him?” she looks at the time it was only 9. “He shouldn’t be home yet. I’ll just go and grab it quickly.” She grabs keys and walks out the door.

----

SeulMi knocks on the door, hoping that new housekeeper would open up the door. That was what she got wrong. The person standing in front of her was no other than Luna. She had Kai’s shirt over her and wore one of his boxer also.

“Oh hi SeulMi.” Luna smirk, “Did you need something?”

“I-.”

“Who is it?” Kai walked to the door shirtless. He was still recovering from the alcohol in the morning. He was surprised to see SeulMi at the door, “SeulMi.”

“Sorry, I just came to get my medicine.” She looks down and back at him, she sighs, “It seems like I came at the wrong time.”

“Ani.” Luna wanted to take advantage of the moment, “You can come and grab your medicine. Kai and I don’t mind.” Luna moved out of the way and SeulMi walks in. She goes upstairs and into his room, which made her regret it the most. Their clothes were all over the floor and the bed was a mess. She walks into the bathroom in their room and grabs her medicine.

“Happy?” Kai stood at the doorway. SeulMi closes her eyes and swallowed her feelings, of course she wasn’t happy. She quickly turn around and smile.

“Really.”

“Liar.” He walks closer to her until there was no space between them anymore, “I know you hurt,” he point to her chest, “Right there.” SeulMi just smiles and stares at him, “Because that is where I’m hurt.” Kai wanted SeulMi to break down so he would have a reason to comfort her, but he also knew she was a tough nut.

“Then again how would you know?” she backss away, “Your heart is Frozen. Solid.” She walks pass him with a poker face. He stood there until he heard the door slam shut. SeulMi got into her car and just let the tears fall. She took one last look at the house and drove off.

----

SeulMi and Kris walked to the court house and waited for Kai. SeulMi’s eyes were red from crying and had bags from no sleep. Kris was worried sick and really confused. Two days ago he swear that the two were basically in love and happy. All of a sudden last night she called him to be her witness in the divorce and all she did was cry. He didn’t know if he wanted to beat Kai up or yell at SeulMi for making the decision.

“SeulMi, you don’t have to do this.” Kris pats her back

“Ani.” SeulMi was looking at the floor, “I have to do this. For me.”

“What about Kai?”

SeulMi laughed at the thought about what she saw last night.

“You should have seen him. He moved on so fast it was hilarious.” The tears brim in her eyes, “He was ready to get rid of me. He only did this because of Suho oppa. I don’t need that fake love.”  *The storm has won.* She said to herself *I’m letting go.*

She turns her head and sees Kai, Suho, Xiumin, EunMi, and Luna who was clinging onto his arm. None of them looked happy except Luna. Kris and SeulMi stood up to greet them. She tried her best to make a poker face.

“If you’re ready we can go ahead.” SeulMi looked into Kai’s eyes before entering the door.

 

Kai and SeulMi stood before the judge as he read the divorce paper and contract. Everyone else sat on the benches.

“So do you Kang SeulMi agree to these terms?” ask the judge

“Ne.” SeulMi felt her heart break

“And you Kim JongIn, do you also agree to these terms?” Kai looked over at SeulMi, but she avoid looking at him, “Kim JongIn ssi.”

“Ne, I agree to the terms.”

“I need your signatures on these last page and then you guys can go your separate ways.”

SeulMi walked up to the table first and signed the paper. Kai waited ‘til she backed away before signing the paper. SeulMi wanted to stop Kai but she knew she’ll look like a fool. As soon as Kai was done the judge took the paper and left.

“At least we can still be friends.” SeulMi puts her hand out. Kai looked at her hand before reaching out.

“Friends.” He didn’t want to let go.

“I hope to see you around... Kai.” She pulls her hand away and walks away with Kris.

----

It has been a week since the divorce and SeulMi was in bad shape. They haven’t talked or send messages to each other. She signed documents back to back and had meeting back to back. Whenever her ajussi asked about her condition she told him that she was fine. She had been missing her meals to keep herself busy.

Kai danced none stop. He went to the club more often and party more often. He doesn’t even go into work anymore, just to go dance. Whenever he came home he came alone. Sometime Luna would come but he would act like he didn’t care.

----

Suho dropped by Sujeong and stop outside SeulMi office. June stood up to greet him.

“How is she?” June shook her head

“Ever since she came back she has become distant.” June looked worried, “She hasn’t even gone for a checkup either. This is the same situation she was in two years ago.”

Suho enters the room and SeulMi had her hand on her forehead lying on her couch. She had to squint to see Suho.

 “Oppa.” She stood up quickly and fell on her knees. Suho ran to her and helped her up.

“Are you okay?”

“Ne. I just got up too fast.” Suho helped her sit on the couch as he sit in the armchair, “What brings you here?”

“Ajussi said that the SeulMi two years ago has come back.” Suho looked disappointed, “SeulMi, I know you had your reasons but-.”

“Stop.” SeulMi closed her eyes, “If you’re going to nag about how this all ended than don’t. I know what I did and I know why I did it.” She looks at Suho, “I don’t need any of you guys to pity me. I’m 21 and I am an adult I know what I am doing.” SeulMi walks over to her door and opens it, “If that is all that you have to talk about, I suggest you leave.” She looks the other way as Suho gets up and leaves her office.

“I hope you know Kai isn’t doing any better either.” Suho leaves. Not too long after SeulMi left her office.

“June.”

“Ne.”

“Cancel the rest of my appointments for the day.” SeulMi grabs her bag and leaves the building.

----

When SeulMi got to her apartment Jean was cleaning up the room. SeulMi went and grabbed her laundry and headed for the laundry room in the hall. While that was washing she went reorganized her room and the kitchen. After the laundry was done she went and folded the clothes. She went and wiped every wall and furniture till it was clean.

The memories of her and Kai began to replay in her mind and she fell back and began to cry.

“Babo.” She starts to hit her head, “Babo, babo, babo.” Jean ran in and saw what she was doing and ran to stop her.

“Ms. SeulMi what are you doing?” SeulMi looks at her, “Let’s get you to bed.” Jean helped her to her room and left her there.

----

Kai sat at a bar taking shot after shot. He wanted to get rid of the feeling he was feeling and forget everything. He wanted to forget her smiling face, her pale skin, her voice, everything.

“Kai.” Tao came and sat next to him, “Here again?” Kai didn’t answer, “You still miss SeulMi don’t you?” No answer, “Why don’t you go and see her?”

“If I am trying to forget her why would I go and see her?” he rolled his eyes at Tao.

“Because you love her, idiot.”

“Love?” he laughs, “What does love have anything to do with how I feel?” Tao smirks and took a quick glance at Kai.

“You know I overheard Suho talking to Xiumin about how SeulMi isn’t in the best condition either.” Kai just take another shot, but Tao knew he was listening, “She shut herself in the office and her apartment and talks to nobody. Mr. Song said that it is like the old SeulMi from two years ago had come back.” Tao sighs, “She hasn’t gone to any of her appointment either. EunMi is becoming worried. If something happens to her how would anyone know, no one is there to help her. And here, her so called best friend is drinking away his life.”

“I hate you.” Kai took his last shot and walks out of the bar

“Love you too.” Tao smiles

---

Kai knocked on SeulMi’s apartment door and there was no answer. He began to worry and called her phone, but no answer.

“If something happens to her how would anyone know, no one is there to help her.”

“Stupid Tao.” He got anxious and went and got the manager to open the door.

“Sorry my friend is really sick and she isn’t answering her phone either.” the manager opens the door and Kai runs in. “SeulMi.” He went into the kitchen and no one was there, “Kang SeulMi.” He went into her room but her bed was empty. “SUE!”

Preview:

“I realize either way if I let him go or not I’m still the one in pain.”

“My heart hurts when I see you with another man.”

“I heard you were taking leave at Sujeong, why?”

“Why don’t you just show me how you really feel? Why can’t you just show me that you’re hurting?”

“We are the one who lost love and had to give it up, but I know when to stop mourning over it and move on.”