The Start

Complicated Love: ToDay and Tomorrow

SeulMi POV

Uncle, auntie and I sat down at a dinner table across from Mr. Kim and his wife. Next to Mrs. Kim was an empty chair and a dinner plate with untouched food. The Kims seemed nervous and agitated. Uncle tried to keep his cool, but auntie seemed like she was going to burst in anger. I, on the other hand, felt nervous and worried inside.

It’s been two years since I last seen him, Suho and Xiumin told me that he got back last week. I haven’t seen him since the funeral, I tried to go and see him but every time I went he was never home.

“I’m sorry.” Said Mrs. Kim “He just got back and is trying to get used to the time again.”

“It is okay.” I smile, “I know how oppa is.” At the corner of my eye I can see my aunt make a snobby face.

We ate our food in silence until we heard the door burst open. I was happy to see him, he hasn’t change much except his gaze. I felt chills go down my spine.

“I’m sorry I’m late.” He puts on a smile and bows to everyone, until his eyes land on me.

“Adul.” Said Mrs. Kim, “Where have you been?”

“I lost track of time.” He goes and kisses his mom on the cheek, “I’m sorry umma.” He pulls out the chair and sits across from me.

2 weeks Later

We were standing at the altar hand in hand. The only people in the chapel are the family and a couple of business owners.

“I now pronounce you man and wife.” Said the priest, “You may kiss the bride.” He inched closer towards me and kisses my cheek. People clapped and cheered. He leans in and whispers something into my ear.

“When we’re in public don’t act like you’re my wife, only in front of family and friends. I never wanted this marriage.”

1 Month Later (Author POV)

SeulMi step out of her and was welcomed by her employees as she enters her family’s company. Her uncle, the current CEO, walks beside her to the conference room to talk about the current sales. After the long meeting her uncle stops her.

“SeulMi.” She looks up at her uncle

“Ne ajussi?”

“How have you been?” She hesitated to answer the question

“I’ve been fine.”

“What about you and Jong In?” he sighs, “I haven’t seen him since the wedding.”

“He has been busy.” She spoke quickly and lowers her head,

“Will tell him he should drop by sometimes. We didn’t marry you off so that you could live a married life like a single person.” He leave.

“Ne, ajussi.” How could I forget about him, Kai?

SeulMi Pov

Kai and I have been married for a least a month, but we knew each other our whole lives, and I could say that things aren’t going the way I thought it would. Kai hates me, he loves, loved my unnie. Tragic isn’t it? He used to be my friend but he suddenly turn after their deaths. I was no one, I was cast aside. I’m his wife and I feel like a ghost. I feel like he blames me for their death.

----

When I enter the house he was on the couch listening to his IPod. I walk passed him to our room. I went and took a shower. When I came out of my room he was standing there with a poker face staring dead at me. I was drying my hair.

“Did you eat yet?” He walks pass me brushing my shoulder.

That is how we spent our days, me trying to talk to him and no response. I went to my mini office and looked at more documents. I heard the front door close. In my mind I knew he was gone. I took my family picture and looked at my sister.

“Unnie, otteke?” I sigh, “I did this to help ajumma and ajussi and in the end I end up like this with Jong In oppa.”

----

Author Pov

Kai hung out at the club with his brothers. The music was loud and clear with hot bodies everywhere. Kai had girl on his lap and she was snuggling. Around his neck he wore the engagement rings on a silver chain. His older brothers looked at him in disgust.

“Kai.” Said Xiumin, “Aren’t you supposed to be with Seul Mi?” Kai gave him an annoyed expression. “You’re married now Kai. You were never like this with-.” Kai cut him off before he could finish his sentence.

“Hyung you don’t know so don’t ask.”

“Kai,” said Suho, “How would she think? The way you’re treating SuelMi do you think she’ll be happy with you.” He sighs, “You think she will be smiling at you?”

“Suho hyung, Seul Ki is dead. She isn’t here anymore.”

“You think that give you the right to mistreat Seul Mi.” Suho scoffs, “Seul Mi and you were like buddies, like siblings, two peas in a pod, but because of a dead girl you’re willing to cast her aside in hopes that your dead lover will return to you.”

“Our marriage was strictly business. Nothing more.” Kai gets up and drags the girl along with him onto the dance floor.

 

A 6 year old SeulMi and 8 year old Jong In chases each other in the backyard.  An 8 year old SeulKi runs and grabs hold of Jong In’s hand.

“Jong In ah, come play with me.” Jong In looks back at SeulMi with a sorry expression and runs off with SeulKi.

Seul Mi goes and sit on the swing with a sad expression. A young JoonMyun comes and sit next to SeulMi.

“Why are you sad, Sue?”

“I wanted to play with Jong In, but unnie took him away?” JoonMyun looks over his shoulder and saw the two paying together.

“Let’s forget about them. You want to play with oppa instead.” Seul Mi nods her head and walks away with Joon Myun. Her eyes still looking back at the path.

 

Knock Knock

I was woken up from the couch and went and open the door. Kai was leaning against the wall drunk. He stumbles in and falls over. I quickly help him up.

“Kai.” I wasn’t allowed to call him Jong In (anymore)

“Get away from me.” He pushes her to the side. “I don’t need your stupid act. Stupid .” I was stunned and hurt by the words.” He leans onto the wall, “You think you’re so great. Huh?” he grabs a hold of my shirt and pinned me up against the door. I felt my body tremble and fear came over me. I didn’t know what to do.

“Aniyo.” He Scoffs

“I don’t know what you did to make Suho hyung and Xiumin hyung protect you so much.” he chuckles. “But I’m going to find out.”

“I don’t know what you’re-.”

SLAP

There was a quick numbness before I tasted the iron in my mouth.

“Don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about. Your ing my brothers aren’t you?”

“Kai.” I felt my heart hurt.

“Kang Seul Mi, I am warning you. Stay away from other guys especially the ones I know.” He face inched closer to mine, “If I find out that you’re with any other guys you’ll get it.”

----

I went to work the next day. I put a little make up over my cut hoping no one would realize. Ajussi saw me on my way in.

“SeulMi.” I looked up and say ajussi

“Morning.” He stared at my face for a quick sec.

“SeulMi, what happen to your lip?”

“Oh, i - its nothing I wasn’t watching where I was going and h-hit a pole.” Ajussi nods

“Be careful next time.” He pats my head, “Did you tell Kai what I told you?”

“Ani, he wasn’t home?”

“Wasn’t home?” he had a scrunched up expression, “Where is he if he isn’t home?” I was about to answer, “No need. Make sure to tell him next time.”

“Ne ajussi.”

“What is the schedules for today?”

“We are attending the last meeting for this quarter and we have to talk about collaborating with Xiumin oppa’s company.”

“Are they here yet?” he asked his secretary

“Not yet sir.”

“When they come tell them to meet us in the conference room.”

“Yes sir.”

We walked towards conference room and he kept looking at me.

“Seul.” I looked up at him, “Did you know that you have a very special gift.” I had no idea what he was talking about. “Do you know what I am talking about?” I shook my head, “You stutter when you lie.”

My mind went blank. He found out what I was talking about. He put his hand behind his back and looked straight at me.

“You mind telling ajussi what happened?” I looked away, “You know ajussi loves you like ajussi’s own daughter. Why would you hide something like that from me?’

“It is nothing important.”

“Jingja?”

“Jeongmal.” He pats my head

“Take care of yourself. You’re starting to look a little pale.” I cup my face and smile

“I just haven’t gotten a night rest in a couple of days.”

----

After those long hours of meeting I decided to head out.

“SeulMi.” I turn and saw Suho and Xiumin walking towards me.

“Oppa?” I walk back towards them

“Are you leaving?” ask Xiumin. I nod, “Why don’t you come join us for lunch? We’re going to your favorite place.”

“No thanks oppa. I have to get home Kai is-.”

“Kai won’t mind you having dinner with your brother-in-laws.” Xiumin put his arm around me and drags me out.

 

We sat down at a round table, Suho sat next to me while Xiumin sat across. Suho and Xiumin are the greatest oppas anyone could have. They may not be KPOP idols but if they were I would be their number one fan.

“So, Seul Mi,” I looked up at Suho, “did Kai get home safe last night?” I nod, “Your lip…he did that didn’t he?”

“How did you know?”

“We know our dongsae well enough to know what he would do.” Suho sighs, “It might have been what we said to him. I’m sorry Seul Mi.”

“You guys were talking about unnie, weren’t you guys?” I sigh, “I know him well enough too. The only reason he’ll act like that is if somebody or someone insult the person he cares about.  But in his case I’m the one he vents his angers on.”

“What?” they both raise their voice. I chuckled and roll my sleeves back revealing bruises on my arm. I could tell they were angry with Kai. Suho grab a hold of my arm and examines it.

“Does it hurt?” I pulled my arm back and covered it.

“It did at first, but now it is bare able.”

“Why did you tell any of us? He is abusive.”

“And he is your dongsae, my friend and” I paused, “husband. Plus he doesn’t know anything about it. So if you guys can keep it as a secret I would be happy.”

The food was brought out. The guys dig into their food and so did I. Someone suddenly sits down at our table. I look over.

“Kai.” He showed me a cold stare.

“Kai.” Said Suho, “Funny seeing you here.” Kai smirks at Suho

“Funny seeing you here with my wife.” He stares right back at me, “I thought I told you to not hangout with any other men besides me. Or is it you want to date all of us.”

“Kai!” Xiumin stood up

“Oh did I hit a spot hyung?” Kai stood up also, “Let’s go Seul Mi.” He grips on to my arm pulling me up out of my seat.

“Bye Xiumin oppa bye Suho Oppa. Thanks for lunch.” He dragged me out of the restaurant making a huge scene. “Let go of me.” He didn’t answer me, “I can drive on my own.” We stop in front of his car.

“Get in.” his voice was stern, when I didn’t budge he push me into the car and slams the door shut.

----

He dragged me out of our driveway into the house, our house maids welcomed us but I had no time to greet them. Kai pulled me into our room and slams the door shut. On the bed laid a tight black cocktail dress and black heels. I looked at him.

“What is all this?

“We’re going to go and meet my friends tonight.” He walk around me looking at me from head to toe. “I decided to help you a bit since your no good with fashion.  But it not like anyone is going to look at you anyways.” He opens the door, “We’re leaving at five so I suggest you get ready.” He left just the room.

I walked to the bathroom and my shirt, as it slid off, I saw all the bruises he left on my arm, in our less than one month of marriage. Some were fading but other were vivid enough for you to see. I took out my foundation and grab my cotton.

“It is going to be a long night.”

Arthor POV

Kai was in the living room waiting for Seul Mi to come down. His hair was swept to the side, he wore a black collar shirt leaving two buttons revealing his chest, and a black jeans to go along with it. He looked at his watch and stood up.

“Kang Seul Mi, let go!” he yells

“I’ll be out in a sec.” Seul Mi yells. Kai went and grab his jacket from the hook when he heard the door open. On top of the stairs was person he has never seen before, or so he thought. SeulMi had her hair up in a bun and dangling diamond earrings. She saw Kai and walks down the stairs trying to get used to the heels. “So how do I look?” He takes one look at her and turns to leave. SeulMi sighs and walks out behind him.

----

Loud music could be heard from the outside of the club. SeulMi takes a good look at the building before entering. The scent of smoke and alcohol hit her nose as she enters the building. There tons of people dancing everywhere. Kai grab a hold of her hand and pulled her close.

“Stay close to me.” He led her upstairs to the VIP room where EXO was. As soon as they got to the door he let go of her hand. Kai opens the door and the room was filled with guys. Some had girls sitting on their laps other were drinking.

“Hey Kai.” A guy came and hug him

“What’s up Kris?” he talked in a friendly tone that she hasn’t heard in years, “How have you been?”

“Great.” Kris spotted Seul Mi behind Kai, “And who is this?” he looks at Kai, “Your girlfriend?” (Kai hasn’t told his friends about his marriage.)

“Umm no.” Kai could see her pained face from the corner of his eye, “She is umm…”

“I’m his childhood friend.” She brought her hand out, “My name is Kang Seul Mi.” Kai was surprised at her quick reply.

“I’m Kris.” He shook her hand, “I’m Kai’s friend.” Kris put his hand in his pocket, “Funny, I thought Kai would have told me about a beauty like you.”

“He has his reason.” Just then a girl came and hugs Kai. SeulMi felt jealous

“Kai oppa.” She smiles at him, “Why haven’t you been calling me?”

“I didn’t have time Luna. I’ve been busy.”

“We’ll now you can make up for up.” She pulls him towards the couch leaving SeulMi and Kris by the door.

“Well that was awkward.” She smiles at Kris and focus back on Kai, “Let me introduce you to the rest of the guys.” Kris took her to bar and introduce her to all of the guys.

 

Seul Mi sat down and watched everyone dance. She could help but keep her eye on Kai and Luna. She was grinding up on Kai and he looked like he enjoyed it. His hand was all over her body feeling her from top to bottom. SeulMi heart felt like it was breaking. She started to pour shot for herself, maybe the pain would’ve gone away.

Luhan notices SeulMi taking shot after shot by herself and goes to Kai. He taps Kai on the shoulder.

“Kai.” Luhan points to SeulMi, “I think you should look after her.” Kai just shrugs him off and kept dancing.

SeulMi was buzz and the room was quiet on balance and her body felt hot. Her eyes caught Kai again, that made her feel worse, and she didn’t want to be in the same room as those two. She slowly got up and went downstairs and danced.

Kris slowly came and danced with her, but she didn’t care she just wanted to dance her heart out. She wanted to forget the pain she was feeling.

 

The song ended Kris and SeulMi went and sat down at a table.

“You’re a great dancer you know that?” smiles SeulMi

“Same to you.” Kris commented, “You know our dance crew can use someone like you. We need more girls.”

“Sorry, I have things to worry about. But I wouldn’t mind dropping by once in a while.”

“That would be great.” Kris smiles, “Why are you down here dancing instead of the VIP room?”

“I-I just.” She sighs, “Wasn’t comfortable.” She couldn’t stand watching Kai and that girl kissing. “What time is it?”

“Eight, Waeyo?” SeulMi got up

“I’m sorry I have to go.”

“Waeyo, the night is still young.”

“Maybe next time Kris.” SeulMi walk towards the stairs and saw something she really didn’t want to see. On the top of the stares Kai and Luna was making out. “I think I’m going to be sick.” Kris was right behind her

“What is wrong?”

“Nothing.” She toke a deep breath and looks at Kris, “I’ll be taking my leave. Please tell Kai that I left.” She walks towards the exit.

 

Luna sat down on Kai’s lap and snuggled with him. Kai didn’t even notice that SeulMi was gone. Sehun and his girlfriend came and sat down next to Kai.

“Dude, where is your friend?” ask Sehun. Kai’s head shot up and saw only his jacket that he had taken off next to the spot where she was sitting. He pushed Luna off of him and went to go look for her. He look over the railings.

“Are you looking for SeulMi ssi?” Kai looks at Kris

“Where is she?”

“She told me to tell you that she was leaving.” Kris rubs his neck. Kai goes back and grabs his jacket and walks down the stairs.

Preview:

“Kai, let go of my arm. You’re hurting me.”

 

“You have a meeting with one of KIM’s ambassador, his name is Wu Yifan.”

 

Your chingu packed it for you but she seeing that you already ate she gave it to us.”

“Chingu?”

What are we exactly?”

 

[A/N]

Thanks for reading my second story. Haven't improve much but please keep supporting me.

♥ Leave comments please.♥