Close Enough

One True Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Day 2 of the conference. Participants were grouped together. All those who belongs to same firm must find other group mates. They will share best practices and there will be activities afterwards. Shin Hye was paired to two good looking men. They were architects also from Seoul. They know Minho since they were able to come across him in Boston. They were asked to introduced each other “ I am Park Shin Hye, from KHM. I’ve been with them for almost 4 years. I handle the interior design department. Please take care of me” she said. Then one of the Architects in their group introduced himself. “ I am Kang Yoon. From Samoo Architects and Engineers. 34 years old and still single” then he asked Shin Hye” btw, if you don’t mind me asking, Are you single too?” then she hesitated for a while. Well, I am technically single,  she said to herself “ Yes, I am single “ then she smiled. The other one is in his 40’s already. Their activity is to design and build a structure based on the materials provided to them. Given the limited time & resources, the most durable and beautiful building will be the winner. Kang Yoon has been flirting with Shin Hye. She’s trying to keep him at arms length but he always tries to be cute in front of her.

 

On the other hand, Minho was grouped together with 2 men in their late 50’s and he didn’t like it. Both of them were trying to outdo each other. There’s no team work that’s why he didn’t show any interest in finishing their task but instead, he was looking for Shin Hye. He saw her, laughing real loud and one of her team member was whispering something to her ear and Shin Hye was really laughing her heart out. He clenched his fist but he controlled himself. He’ll talk to Shin Hye later during lunch.

 

The activity was fun and Shin Hye really had a great time. During lunch time, Minho was looking for Shin Hye. He found her sitting already on the dining table. He goes to her direction and when he was about to sit, Kang Yoon sat beside her. He tried to sit on the other side, but another lady occupied the seat he’s eyeing. Too bad, he sat together with his team mates. He didn’t enjoy lunch. He was constantly checking Shin Hye and her seat mate. He saw how he always leans toward Shin Hye and whispers something to her ear, making her laugh, then Shin Hye will smack his arms. Minho cannot take it anymore, he stand up and went to Shin Hye’s table. He leaned over her and whispered, “ can we talk” and then Shin Hye looked up and saw his expression. Before she excused herself, she introduced Minho to her team mates. He barely looked at them. Shin Hye knew this expression.

 

They went outside and Shin Hye said “Is everything ok?” then Minho sighed “No, it’s not ok. That Yoon guy is openly flirting and you seemed to be enjoying it?” he said. Shin Hye smiled and held his arms “ Yah, are you jealous?” she asked, trying to be cute in front of Minho. “Don’t try to be cute. I am serious. And Yes, I am jealous?” he said. Shin Hye looked at him and was surprised in his admission. “No need to be jealous. We’re just talking and besides, we’re not yet together, right?” said Shin Hye. Minho looked at her, his expression was too pissed, his eyes filled with jealousy and then she stood in front of him “No need to be jealous. He doesn’t even stand close enough to you” and then Shin Hye turned her back at him but he grabbed her arms and gave her an embrace and whispered to her ear “I am jealous, don’t do this to me. I think I’m going to be crazy just thinking and seeing other men being close to you” . Shin Hye slightly pushed him a little and look him in the eye “ No other men can be this close to me” and she hugged him back. Minho smiled and said “ So how many years left? You said last night, 4 years” then Shin Hye break from his embrace “Yah, this is not included. You didn’t put any effort and besides, you were whinning a while ago” and then Minho pulled her again close to him. “Lets stay like this for a while. I don’t want to ever let you go” said Minho and Shin Hye said to herself “Me too”.

 

It’s time for them to be back to their group mates. They break their embrace and Shin Hye left Minho smiling…

 

All of them had fun in the said activ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter