Half Crazy

One True Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All the while, she thought Minho will have same flight as hers. She just learned from her secretary that Minho’s flight was earlier. She didn’t know anyone from the conference. Ever since, it was HJ who attends the conference. 

 

The conference will be held in Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo and she was also booked there. After she checked in, she was beginning to feel at lost since she really don’t know anyone. 

 

It was dinner time and Shin Hye went to the buffet restaurant. She took her plate and started to get food. Not far from her was Minho. He was looking at her. When he can’t take it anymore, he stood up and approached her “Come on, join me. You look like a lost puppy” said Minho. “Yah, puppy? I’m a puppy now? Before I was only teddy bear?” then she fell silent. “Me and my big mouth” she said to herself. Minho introduce her to some of his colleagues. Mostly architects and their wives. They were here for business and pleasure. Shin Hye smiled. If they were still together… then she looked down and felt sadness in her heart. After dinner, while they were still chatting, Shin Hye excused herself. 

 

She went outside the hotel and sat near the pool. She lifted her feet and lay on the reclining chair, enjoying the night sky. It was so peaceful. The weather is just too perfect. Minho followed her and brought wine. She looked at him and smiled. “What are you doing here? You should join us” said Minho. “I’m ok. No need to worry. This is a good place to contemplate” said Shin Hye. “About what?” he asked. “About my life, about my career, about my plans for the future” she answered. “That’s all? That’s all your thinking?” he asked, waiting for the answer “Yes, about us. But that’s the least of my priorities right now” she said smiling “Yah, Shin Hye” and then he looked at her “ How are you?” he asked. She was surprised by his question. “ I am fine. There were times when I am not, but I somehow managed to be fine over the years. I didn’t graduate with honours but I’m glad I landed on a good job. It was HJ who referred me to Mr. Choi. Both of them were good men. At my lowest point, they picked me up”. Then both of them were silent again. 

 

Minho handed the wine to Shin Hye. “How about you? you were so famous already. This is your dream right? And everything is coming to reality. I’m proud of you, you know” said Shin Hye. “Well, I managed over the years but believe it or not, I am miserable. I am successful but at you’re expense and I am not proud of that” he confessed. 

 

“Sandra went to the office this morning and we had a small scene. Don’t ask. I am just being true to myself. I slapped her” she said. “She deserves it” said Minho. Then another silence. Shin Hye stood up and said “Well, so much for our chit chat, let’s call the night off. Thanks for the wine and the company” Shin Hye said and turned towards the lobby when Minho grabbed her hand. “ You know I still care, that I still love you. Don’t forget that. If I have to tell you every hour of  every day until all the pain is gone, I will do it. Just don’t tell me to forget you or drive me away. I cannot bear to lose you again. I didn’t fight for you before and now, I will not waver” he said and took her hand and place it in his lips. “Can I ask for a favour?” he asked. “What is it?” she asked back. “Dream of me tonight, dream that were back together in each other’s arms because I always have this dream. And if both of us share the same dream, it’s enough for me” then he let her go. 

 

When Shin Hye turned her back at him, smile lingered in her face. Her heart was fluttering again. She is  falling in love with him all over again. 

 

The following day, i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter