So Close, Yet So Far

One True Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye was rambling. Trying to finish everything. The team were having a dinner to welcome Minho. She excuse herself. She really cannot go with them. Aside from her personal reason, she really needs to finish her miniatures. HJ said that he’ll wait for Shin Hye and they’ll just drop by as soon as she’s finished. “Yah, HJ, just call your girl friend. I don’t want her texting me again with such stuff. Why would I steal you from her? You’re not even my type” she said and HJ laughed “ Shin Hye, one of these days, you’ll seek my help and I would even dare to help you “ and then he became serious “ Are you ok? “ he asked. “Yah, HJ, don’t dare tell anyone about Minho. I don’t want any intrigues here and besides were divorced already. I don’t want to cause any more issues with him” she said.

 

 

Much to her surprise, she finished her work by 8pm. They can still go to the dinner party. HJ brought his car. When they arrived at the venue, they were just starting to eat. Minho was not there when they arrived. Mr. Choi asked her to sit beside him. “Where’s HJ “ he asked. “His girl friend called and he needs to answer it “ and then she started to eat. Minho cleared his throat and sat beside her. Of all the places, she thought. She felt her cheeks were turning red as he continue to stare at her. She just smiled when they were cracking jokes. Mr Choi ordered soju and he filled her glass. She emptied her glass. This is what she needs for her nerves to calm down. Minho leaned over her and whispered “ You’re not good with drinking” and then she smiled sweetly at him and said “ No, basically, I am a good drinker “ and every one else laughed. Minho was just staring at her. She changed so much these years but she still has that same effect on him. He wants to drag her home and punish her but he was keeping too much composure. She excused herself and went to the washroom. She was looking at her flushed face. You had enough Shin Hye. You know you can’t handle too much drink. But why are you doing this, she said to herself.

 

 

She washed her face and then put on some make up and lip gloss. She needs to remain calm in front of him. When she stepped out of the washroom, someone grabbed her hand and led her outside of the restaurant. Minho was staring at her. She can’t look straight at him. “What happened?” he asked “I don’t know what you’re saying. I need to go back inside” said Shin Hye. “You know very well what I’m saying. What happened 6 years ago?No explanation? Just like that? “ he shouted. Then Shin Hye stepped back and said, “Yes, Just like that” and hailed a taxi and left Minho standing. She sent a text message to HJ, explaining that she needs to attend to something important. 

 

The following day, Shin Hye arrived early in the office. She was wearing her usual attire during press presentation. Her dress was short, just above her knee and her neckline was low but since she was wearing a blazer, it doesn’t look too revealing but enough to entice any man looking at her. She was also wearing a high heeled stiletto making her ooze with confidence. She asked her assistance to bring everything

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter