Of Full House and Payments [Super Junior, Donghae]

For The Love of Writing. One Shot Collection

 

Prompt: watching Full House, officially in love with Lee Donghae (wait, always was)

Genre: Syrupy sweet fluff, romance.

Characters: Donghae, OC


"I can't believe we're doing this." He groaned, as she grinned, dragging him along to the bed and plopping herself on it, patting the space beside her. Donghae sighed, rubbing the back of his head.

"Seriously?"

He balked when he saw her sending him the puppy dog eyes paired with a pout. Aegyo was a rare treat and usually caving into it always resulted in rewards.

She let out a squeak of joy when the bed sank a little and Donghae sighed watching her reach for her laptop to turn it on. His eyes lingered over her hair spilling over her bare shoulders before trailing down her arms and glancing at the laptop screen which flashed in bright colours and an all too familiar video began playing.

"Super Junior Full House."

"This is going to be fun." She chuckled before leaning back on the headboard as Donghae glared. She rewarded him with a wide cheeky grin and a light whack on his chest. He rolled his eyes before turning to a twenty something year old him on the screen.

"Can we not do this?" He whined as the hand on his chest rubbed the clothed skin under it soothingly.

"I'll love you regardless of whatever you did when you were twenty okay?"

The sheets ruffled as he turned around "I was really uncool all those years back alright?"

"Who told you that you are cool now?" She chuckled as he shot up from his spot on the bed indignantly before as she sent him another cheeky smile before turning to the screen yet again.

Donghae sighed again before leaning back against the headboard, she was incorrigible and he wouldn't have her any other way.

His arm wound around her shoulder squeezing her as she stared at the screen.

"You guys look like foetuses! Oh my god Hae look at you! So lanky!" She squealed, pointing at the screen as Donghae gently pressed his index finger into her side making her jolt and glare at him with a pout.

"What? You like these arms around you." He grinned, pulling her closer to his chest. She rested her head on the strong flesh, choosing to ignore the comment.

"You were really cute though," She mumbled, watching her husband struggle with his English on the screen as Donghae beamed with pride "but that English, lord save you."

Deflated.

So Donghae put up with the humiliation of his past mistakes for the first two episodes thanking the gods that he didn't make too many appearances. Although he did taste sweet victory when he twirled his wife’s curls around in his fingers and followed his Heechul Hyung’s lead.

“Poodle!” he exclaimed, feeling victorious as she shot him a look but he didn’t feel victorious for too long.

“Look at you throwing yourself at Hyukjae, I’m sure you would have married him if I hadn’t come along, thank god I won him over before hitting on you, it was a good strategy.” She nodded as Donghae chuckled, amused at his wife’s often strange plans which miraculously managed to work out. He didn’t care how she got into his life (actually he did) but he was glad she didn’t leave and he wasn’t going to let that happen ever.

"I'd have crushed on you had I known you all those years back. Cute idiots were my type even then."

"Hey!" Donghae pouted making her chuckle and point at the screen where he (or the twenty year old version of him) was throwing a tantrum.

"Some things don't change."

Donghae glared at her and began scheming to get his revenge as she turned back to the screen as Donghae continued to mull on various ideas as to how to get his revenge for all the teasing.

His mind stopped when he felt a pair of soft lips pressing against his cheek and a hand squeezing his. He froze and turned to see his twenty year old self speaking of the tough times he had to face during his training. He sighed, pressing a kiss on her temple and her hair with a smile. But having married a feisty lady never let the mood last very long. But, he had finally gotten an idea.

“You’re a clown you know that?” she chuckled pointing yet again at one of his antics on the screen and letting out a laugh “I doubt you can do that now and you’ve never written a poem about me! I can’t believe you like Anya more than me!” she said in mock anger.

“Of course I can! And I’ve written songs for you!” Donghae said, rising to prove a point as she pulled him back down onto the bed and settled yet again on his chest.

“Alright alright, you’d have pulled a muscle trying that anyway.” She mumbled as Donghae decided to put his plan into action.

“Hey, I just thought of something,” He murmured, her hair as she hummed in reply “you know how you’re hurting me every time you laugh at me.” She turned towards him and rolled her eyes.

“Yes Captain Drama.”

Donghae winced dramatically before announcing “So now you’ll have to pay every time you make fun of me.”

“And how do I do that?” she raised her eyebrow.

“Very simple,” Donghae smiled cheekily “step one, do this,” he said, raising her chin with his index finger. “Step two, do this.” He continued, lowering his lips on hers for a sweet chaste kiss, pulling away before she could register it. “Problem solved.”

His eyes swept over her blush tinted face as she turned away from him and crossed her arms. But what he was overjoyed to hear was a small “fine.”

The fine was repaid almost instantly when she laughed at his answer to the immigration officer at the English Village.

“Age B? Age B? Really Hae?” she turned to him with an excessively amused smile only to see his fake sad eyes and pout. She sighed and hit the pause button before reaching up and pulling him closer by the fabric of his shirt and softly kissing him. When she tried to pull away his arm wound around her waist, holding her still as he kissed back reveling in the brilliance of his idea.

Thirteen episodes later and she shut the laptop  before turning back to her grinning husband with pink kiss-swollen lips. His arms were around her again almost in an instant as she chuckled as her arms wound around his neck.

“I swear to god, you will be the death of me.”

“I’m glad to hear that. Now, can we continue your payment without any video interruptions?” He whispered back before leaning again to claim the reward he knew he would get.