Croissants at the Bakery [EXO Jongin /Kai || Sehun] (#Sehunandhisterriblepickuplines)

For The Love of Writing. One Shot Collection

Dambi liked cake. In fact, she generally enjoyed baked goods. Not baking these goods for certain. Which was why she pushed open the door to the closest bakery now that she was craving some warm cake and the smell of caramelised sugar and scented tea.

Making her way towards the counter, she peered into the glass display, trying to decide what she felt like eating at that point of time. An array of cakes and pastries stood waiting as she inhaled deeply, smelling the newly baked bread the man behind the counter was stacking in the shelves.

That was when Jongin noticed her and nudged his friend, who resembled a noodle, Sehun. Jongin craned his neck above the booth at which they were seated as Sehun bobbed his head, attempting to look over Jongin’s head.

“Hey, isn’t that?” He asked.

“Oh yeah!”  Jongin agreed.

“That beautiful lady who came to the tea store?”

“Dambi you mean, the one you hit on with what is possibly the tiest pick up line?” Jongin rolled his eyes only to have Sehun cross his arms defiantly.

“Excuse you, that was very apt for the situation.” He nodded as Jongin fought the urge to roll his eyes again. He turned back to look at Dambi, who had now picked out a large piece of chocolate cake and a kettle of tea. Turning around, she spotted the two gaping at her as she squinted back, trying to figure out who they were.

Then she noticed Sehun’s head bobbing up and down.

“Hey! It’s ‘tea you soon’!” she laughed, setting her tray down as Sehun shot up from his seat. Jongin took the initiative this time.

“Why don’t you join us?” he said, as Sehun picked up a chair and placed it at their table. Dambi eyed the two suspiciously, picking her tray up and heading over to the two. Apparently this awkward duo were going to be pretty much everywhere she went. But hey, they were entertaining.

Especially Jongin who rolled his eyes at every eyebrow wriggle Sehun made in her direction. But then again, Sehun’s entire existence was rather entertaining to her.  After his pathetic attempt at a pick up line, it appeared that his efforts at wooing her only doubled as he gazed at her, dramatizing his life and asking her things about herself dramatically as well.

Jongin simply rolled his eyes, hoping to god he wouldn’t have to deal with this rubbish anymore. He dusted the crumbs of his chocolate croissant off his pants as he listened to Dambi’s amused voice respond to the over excited noodle.

Except it was getting late and Dambi had to leave to finish her project work. Jongin drew his chair back and smiled at her while Sehun bounced off his seat and held her chair as she quickly picked up her bag.

“This was…nice.” She said as Sehun nodded enthusiastically as the three walked to the exit.

“Yes! I hope paths will croissant again”

“No…” Jongin mumbled, fighting the urge to bash his head against the closest wall as Dambi stood, her hand on the door handle, gaping at a very proud Sehun.

Sehun had struck again.


A drabbled based on a tweet I found online.

Second in the #Sehunandhisterriblepickuplines series.

 

Hello unnier :3