Human Form [EXO, Kim Jongin / Kai]

For The Love of Writing. One Shot Collection

Because teasing other people can also give ideas.


“Jongin!” a mellow voice filtered into his ears. He halted on his way back to his room from his dance dress rehearsal, wondering who it was. Standing right in the academic block as the sun streamed down his face, still dressed in his dance garb, consisting of a large white shirt, a black tank top underneath and white pants, he turned around to face the owner of the voice who called him. Minah looked hesitantly at him wondering why she had called his name on impulse, mentally berating herself for being so stupid.

“How goes the grad project?” he smiled, breaking the silence as she pursed her lips in worry. That was what had been worrying her. She had sat for hours in the sculpture studio with large lumps of clay in front of her and her hands unable to create anything. It was worrying as everything she had created seemed terrible and she had trashed everything back into its clay form, completely unsatisfied.

“Not very good, I’m getting nowhere and I desperately need to finish or I fail.” She replied, watching him frown as he approached her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

“Don’t worry about it Minah, you’re amazing at what you do and I’m sure you’ll make something simply awesome.” He smiled as she shook her head in response.

“That’s the problem. I know what I want to do… I just need to execute it perfectly. But for that to happen…” she sighed “never mind.”

Jongin’s grip on her shoulder tightened for a brief second as their eyes met “go on, tell me.” Minah bit down on her lower lip before nodding towards the sculpture studio. Jongin gazed at her face, watching the tendrils of hair which had been pushed back making their way back onto her forehead. Her bespectacled eyes reflecting her worry as she turned back to him.

“Can you come with me for a second? Or are you busy?”

Jongin floundered for words for a second, hoping to god she hadn’t noticed him staring at her.

“Uhm, sure.” He nodded as she led the way in to the studio. Green granite slabs on top of metal supports made table tops and light streamed in through large windows situated closer to the high ceiling. The room was empty except for a large mangled piece of clay that sat on the table.

“Is that your piece?” Jongin slowly began, observing the piece wondering what on earth it was supposed to be.

“It’s supposed to be a human head and torso,” she responded like she knew exactly what was going through his mind “only I’m simply unable to get the proportions right. And the angles are wrong…” she trailed off still looking at her piece as Jongin continued to gaze at her, wondering what he could do to wipe the worry off her face.

“Jongin…” he snapped out of his reverie as she looked down at her feet “could I ask you for a favour?” she mumbled as Jongin blinked. Minah continued to mentally berate herself. She could have asked Sehun like Lin had asked her to (“because he has the chest of god”), but somehow her brain computed and came to Jongin as a result.

“I don’t know how to sculpt…” Jongin began as Minah grabbed hold of his hands and looked at him with pure desperation.

“Please let me study you!”

A silence reigned in the room as Jongin looked into Minah’s eyes, watching them beg desperately as her lips pursed in a thin line. It was heartwarming (much like puppy-dog eyes) and made Jongin melt.

“Alright.” He sighed as Minah’s face changed, a charming smile spread across her lips as she threw her arms around him and pulled him into a warm hug. He froze just for a second before returning the hug swiftly as she grinned, fishing out a sketch book and pointing to a stool.

“Thank you so much! Please take a seat there.”

Jongin obediently got onto the seat to see her gaze at him intensely.  Pencil in hand, her eyes devoured him as the graphite glided over the paper swiftly, her gaze steady, intense, almost like it was burning him as she sketched onto the white paper. Only to pause, dropping the pencil, hands covering her face before running through her hair in frustration.

“This won’t do,” She groaned “I done dozens of sketches, but it’s all two dimensional.”

Jongin got off his seat and peered over the sketch book, the sketch seemed fine enough, but he understood that sculptures involved the third dimension which was not easy to replicate on paper. He rested his palm on top of the curly mop of hair in front of him as she rested her forehead on him.

“Try something different? Any ideas?” he murmured, trying to soothe her as her head shot up and her fingers came in contact with his chest.

“I have an idea!” she paused taking a hesitant look at him “I’m not sure if you’ll be okay with it.” She looked down, teeth sinking into her lower lip as Jongin felt his heart break.

“Tell me what it is.”

More hesitance as she looked up at him uncomfortably “can I feel you?”

A silence reigned over the room as she looked down and Jongin contemplated.

“I’m sorry, that was too much to…”

“Do it.”

“What?”

“Do it, it’s for your grad project Minah, you really need to pull this off really well.” He sighed, running his fingers through his tousled hair. Minah gaped at the man before her knowing that it was a lot to ask from him. But here he was, being extremely professional and helping her out of a very tough situation.

“Are you sure?”

“Go on Minah,” he looked at her softly “what do you need me to do.”

“Shirt…off.” She mumbled, reaching for a drawer and pulling out a band of cloth, Jongin looked at her as she looked away from him before he reached for the hem of the loose white shirt and tugged it up and over his head. The tank top followed as Minah wrapped the cloth over her eyes, binding them shut.

“Why are you blindfolding yourself?”

“Heightens the sense of touch. And I don’t want you to feel uncomfortable. So if there is anything that makes you uncomfortable, you tell me right away,” She replied, still looking down, taking a deep breath as she mentally prepared herself “I’m sorry about this Jongin.”

Jongin jolted when he felt her cold fingers graze his side, firmly planting themselves on the warm skin. They slowly, almost teasingly glided over the vast expanse of skin his abdomen presented. The muscles flexed unconsciously under her palms as they explored the dips and curves. Jongin let out a shuddered breath, feeling his cheeks heat up. His body seemed to be reacting to her touch as it moved closer to it.

Her palms made their way up his back, finger’s gently kneading his spine, feeling the bones under it as he let out a groan feeling a jolt of pleasure from the hands kneading away the tiredness in his back, moving over his strong shoulders and running down his arms.

“You okay?” she slowly asked as his eyes landed on her lips, wondering how they would feel against his skin. He nearly slapped himself for that thought.

“I-I’m good.” He gasped as her hands trailed up his chest, feeling every inch of it, fingers grazing over the sensitive dark skin of his s as he clenched his fists in a harsh attempt to prevent himself from doing something stupid. His teeth dug into his lower lip as her fingers danced over his collar bones, pressing firmly into the dipping skin before trailing feather light, up his neck. It tickled at first, but a burning heat followed as she made contact with his Adam’s apple as he held back a groan. Why the heck was he being so sensitive right now?

“Jongin,” she whispered as the sides of her palms glided over his jawline, memorizing the structure as they trailed up to cup his cheeks “is this fine?” her thumbs tracing the skin under it tenderly. Her index finger glided over his eyebrows, trailing down the bridge of his nose. He let out a sigh as her thumb caressed his lips, slowly, deliberately, almost teasingly.

“Jongin?” she asked again, unaware of his hooded eyes on her blindfolded face. His lips pursed under her thumb as she drew away, panicking, wondering if she had done something wrong when she felt her hands being grasped by his and being placed on his toned chest, warm palms cupping her cheeks as the lips she had memorized under her fingers came back in contact with hers in a heated kiss. A shiver ran down her spine as she responded, hands slowly moving up his chest, making him groan into the kiss before they tangled in his soft hair. Lips moving in synch as their tongues made acquaintance, she was pressed against the green granite table as their lips refused to part, hands beginning to wander and grab at flesh. Jongin pulled away almost reluctantly as she whined.

“How about we study the human form a little more thoroughly?” he panted, resting his forehead against hers, hands playing with the hem of her shirt, teasing the skin underneath. Her swollen lips looked tantalizing and her wandering fingers made it harder to resist.

“Leave that to me.” She whispered back sealing their lips together in yet a fiery kiss.