Zhang Yixing, The Menace [EXO,Lay/ Zhang Yixing]

For The Love of Writing. One Shot Collection

 

Prompt: None, I have finally realized that Yixing is my EXO bias

Words: 1,937

Characters; Yixing, OC, Minseok.

Genre: Slice of Life, Romance.

Ps: this is rubbish I have warned you.


Zhang Yixing was a menace, and Minah wondered why she didn’t know till recently. Sure, she had met him multiple times, had even spent a lot of time with him (perks of being Kim Minseok’s little sister) but she never expected the quiet and lost man to end up being so charming.

Or attractive.

Minah had been introduced to the monkeys - I mean members- of EXO soon after her brother had finally been placed into the group after years of training. She remembered arriving with her bag still slung over her shoulder and her hair a mess to her brother's dormitory only to feel like she was an animal in the zoo with eleven pairs of eyes on her. So much for surprising her brother.

“Hey, I’m Kim Minah,” She bowed awkwardly as Minseok’s eyes nearly popped out of their sockets and he pushed himself forward between the gaping boys who stared at this strange creature who had invaded their all-male space "Kim Minseok's sister," She announced as an afterthought before turning to her brother with a sheepish grin "surprise!"

It was pure pandemonium that followed as the group quickly parted like the sea for Moses as Minseok lept forward to greet his little sister and turning around proudly to introduce her to everyone in the room.

So many names flooded Minah's head but Zhang Yixing's dimpled smile and lost eyes made him rather easy to remember.

But the boys ensured they weren't forgotten at all with their enthusiastic greetings and warm manners. Minah knew that this wouldn't be her last time visiting.

The second time she came over it was just Yixing and her for the first fiften minutes. She had arrived earlier than planned to meet her brother who was yet to return from the S.M. building. Though they sat in silence for the first couple of minutes, as glances were exchanged. Yixing began shakily.

"He should be back soon. Could I get you something?"

Minah smiled at the thickly accented voice before shaking her head "Ah no thank you, I'll be going out for coffee with my brother soon after he gets back," she turned towards the man before sending him a blinding smile "your Korean keeps getting better!"

He sent her a dimpled smile before thanking her as the door flew open and Minseok's voice called out to her.

"I hope he wasn't flirting with you." Minseok eyed Yixing while resting his hand on her shoulder as she rolled her eyes.

"I doubt he's capable of such things."

"You don't know what he's capable of." Minseok chuckled as the siblings eyed the lost man who stared into space before snapping his head back to them with a "What?"

The next time Minah and Yixing met, it was yet again in the dorms where Luhan, Minseok and Minah were curled up on the couch watching the Chelsea vs Manchester United match.

"Van Persie has got this!" Minah exclaimed as Luhan cheered his favourite team on.

"Watch out for Drogba, watch out for him, yeah! I told you two it was his game!" Minseok retaliated from across his couch at pouting sister watching his favourite player steal the ball from hers.

Yixing slowly lowered himself into the seat next to hers before whispering "who are we siding?" Making her jump before turning to his cheeky smile.

"We're supporting Manchester United!" Luhan declared loudly before Minah could open .

"I was asking her, considering Minseok would be supporting the other team and I know which team you always support," Yixing replied calmly, tuning back to Minah "well?"

"United." Minah mumbled, still a little flustered at the proximity as Yixing nodded, the couch sinking as he leaned back.

"HA! United scores!" Luhan cheered, dancing around like a dervish while as Minah finally focused her attention on the screen blankly.

"Why aren't you cheering?" Yixing chuckled as Minah turned to him and tried to shrug as nonchalantly as possible.

"I knew it would happen."

Yixing only gave her a disbelieving smirk and leaned back yet again, their arms brushing and making Minah painfully aware of his presence. The match seemed to go on and on without much conclusion as the clock began to edge closer and closer to late hours. Yixing had fallen asleep and woken up halfway through the match, leaning closer to Minah while doing so much to her distress.

"Don't you think you should get back to your apartment Minah?" Minseok asked, eyeing the time on his phone before standing up "come on I'll - oh my god!  That was a near miss!"

"It's cool, I'll walk her back, and this isn't exciting enough anyway." Yixing commented, standing up and nodding to Minah who gaped at him.

"You sure man?" Minseok asked, sinking back down into his seat anyway.

"Yeah, it's couple of streets from here anyway if I'm right."

Minseok half nodded, still gaping at the screen as Yixing turned to Minah.

"Well then, shall we?"

There was obviously no silence during their short walk back to Minah’s tiny rented apartment. Yixing was a curious man, full of questions but no answers. He occasionally lapsed into silence as he mulled over things Minah didn’t know of and it frustrated her no end. Minah didn’t like secrets or mysteries, but she knew it was inappropriate to ask him personal questions. Yixing finally halted and turned to Minah.

“Do you want to grab a bite?”

They both shared a meal and a memorable night of simply talking and learning more about each other.

Minah had a lingering feeling that night which she couldn’t place a finger on.

They soon lost track of how many times they saw each other after that, Minah visited late at night often just to make sure everyone was healthy and okay as their schedules got tighter and their debut approached. Her brother’s diet worried her as she saw him thinning down further, and spent nights just telling him not to overdo it and using her advantage as little sister to get him to eat some food. But her concern wasn’t just limited to her brother. No, she wasn’t selfish when it came to care. She often told Yixing off for coming back late or sat down with anyone who needed to vent – which was often Zitao who struggled with the language and exhaustion. She was younger than all of them and owed them nothing, yet she sat there, knowing they needed the support and she gave it to them without question.

So one evening when Yixing returned, unable to perfect a choreography, his hip in massive pain and spirit rather dim he bumped into Minah who was on her way out. She stuttered his name out before taking a couple of steps behind and taking one look at him before nodding towards the dorms.

“Please get some sleep, eat if you haven’t. I’ll get going” she whispered, smiling at him, trying to brighten up his face what she didn’t expect was to be locked in his embrace as he simply asked her to stay a little longer. She didn’t expect to relax into his arms and simply nod and be led back into the place she just left.

The two slept in the living room that night, one on the couch and the other on the floor.

It was only after the video releases and the Showcase did Minah realize that Yixing was a menace. He plagued her mind with his sweet gestures, soft smiles and quick wit. She admired his grit and determination on the stage and she had to admit – he looked more attractive than was legal. Minah congratulated her brother and his band before promising to drop by sometime later in the week. Everyone knew she wouldn’t as her finals week was coming up.

The newly formed EXO were packed off to a party after the Showcase where alcohol flowed freely and everyone helped themselves generously.

“I want to go to Minah’s apartment.” Yixing slurred as Minseok raised his eyebrow. After all Yixing was the lightweight of the group.

“What about the sea? I thought you wanted to go to the sea?” Chanyeol quipped as Yixing nodded.

“The sea around Minah’s apartment.”

“There is no sea around my sister’s apartment.” Minseok frowned at the younger who shrugged.

“I think this is going to be a repetitive pattern.” Chanyeol commented as he handed Yixing a glass of water to down. Yixing was too out to make the comment again, but the thought never left his mind.

Minah didn’t know what to say when Yixing did turn up at her apartment halfway through finals week with boxes of food and that darned charming smile.

“So, I heard you’ve been having a tough time cramming up,” he said, leaning against the doorframe, waiting for her to let him in “maybe some food would help.”

There was only silence and a smile as she let the menace into her house.

It only got worse when he left for China with her brother, Minah felt like she had been punched in the gut and without support. She held herself well and did what she could from her side – support them even if there was a distance between them. Life went on with the occasional phone calls and the multitudes of text messages. Minah still kept close to the rest of the band that remained in Korea. But a few things continued to remain missing –

Kim Minseok and Zhang Yixing.

So when she did receive news of her beloved brother and object of her reluctant affections returning, she nearly jumped for joy before picking up her phone, wallet and coat and making for her apartment door, the pulled the knob open and there he stood, with the same old smile and loving eyes, his pouty lips quirking upwards as they jutted out as he attempted to form words to match the excitement of the atmosphere.

“I missed you.” She let out accidentally watching the grin on his lips widen as he took a step closer.

“I missed you too.” He said and she knew he meant it but the smile on her face simply brightened.

“How much?”

He seemed to tower over her even though he wasn’t much taller, his hands came up to cup the sides of her face and his thumbs caressed the skin under them. Their proximity made her blush as she could feel their breaths mingling as he softly whispered “ a lot” before gently, very gently pressing his lips against hers for an ephemeral kiss. Her eyes were still shut even after her pulled away as a small smile spread across her lips before meeting his again.

 

She finally let the menace into her heart.

 

***
 

“You’re dating my sister?!” Minseok exploded when Yixing and Minah arrived hand in hand back to the EXO dorm, it had been quite obvious to everybody else that this was inevitable except for the selectively oblivious Minseok who was somewhere between happy and horrified.

Yixing’s jaw was set as he met the elder’s eyes “Yes, yes I am.”

“How?” Minseok gaped as his sister shyly looked down, her fingers still interlinked with his bandmate’s and Yixing’s thumb was running over her knuckles. The whole sight itself made him sick.

“Things like this happen don’t they? I do like your sister a lot and she likes me too, so it shouldn’t be a problem.” Yixing smiled as Minseok rubbed his temples.

“When S.M. said we could date within the label, I don’t think they meant your label mate’s sister!”