Cherry Blossoms [VIXX, Hongbin]

For The Love of Writing. One Shot Collection

Characters : VIXX’s Hongbin || OC

Genre : fluff 

Non idol au

Rating : G

one thing Hana loved about spring time, it was the cherry blossoms that bloomed everywhere in her town. The air always seemed to be filled with its mild scent and the floating pink petals were so pleasing to the eye that Hana was glad she was born here and nowhere else in the world.

One of her favourite things to do though was to walk through the public gardens during spring just to see the boughs of cherry blossom trees hang heavily over the man made streams and bridges that were constructed over them. Mostly her walks were alone, preferring her own company, but today the gardens were filled with people decked out in their best traditional clothing holding onto flutes of pink coloured champagne gazing at the majesty that were the cherry blossoms in bloom. Hana assumed this was one of the cherry blossom viewing parties where the most elite turned up and trashed the public space before leaving. She frowned, trying to find a more secluded spot for her own relaxation to see that one of the bridges that led to a less populated part of the gardens was largely empty.

Weaving her way past groups of people, Hana made her way to the short bridge that went over the broad stream they had built cutting across the garden. This was one of the government’s ways of storing rainwater while making it aesthetically pleasing and not many people were complaining as it was beneficial to the town in more ways than one. A gentle breeze floated several pink petals into her hair as she set foot on the bridge. Dusting them away she looked up at the lone person standing on the bridge.

There was no other way to describe him other than ‘breath-taking’. He stood tall with sharp features almost sculpted on pale skin, his long elegant fingers reached for the flowers in the drooping boughs as the crisp dark blue of his coat provided a perfect contrast to the stunning visual being presented to Hana. Fighting a blush, she stepped onto the bridge, determined to ignore the handsome man and simply amble around, admiring the blossoms instead. But as she slowly made her way across, she realized why people weren’t really standing on it. This one in particular was not very well maintained and thus filled with potholes and cracks. Hana was usually graceful, but with an ill-maintained path, she found herself tripping and bracing for impact, only to have a gentle hand hold hers to prevent any movement towards the ground. Spinning around, her eyes widened at the dimpled smile that met her.

“Are you okay?” he asked as Hana nodded, still a little too stunned to respond as his smile widened with relief “that’s good.” He said, giving her hand a gentle squeeze, but making no move to let go.

“I should, uh, get moving.” Hana said, this beautiful stranger was overwhelming her with how attractive he was.

“I’ll walk you to the end of the bridge, just to make sure you make it there alright.” Hana had to admire how smooth this man was.

“Alright.” She said, nearly blinded by the smile she got in return.

“Hongbin.” He stated, making her blink, a little confused “alright, Hongbin.” he added as she realized he had just told her who he was “lead the way!” he grinned at her, still holding her hand.

“Hana.” She smiled back watching the petals of the cherry blossom getting carried into the stream by the breeze.