Of Swords and Backhugs [VIXX, Ken]

For The Love of Writing. One Shot Collection

Sooyeon sighed as she shut her laptop. Jaehwan was late and she was hungry. She chewed on her lower lip before looking at her phone. No texts or anything from him either. So much for coming early for a night in with take out. She heard the thunder outside and sighed again, there was no way in hell he would make it in the rain. Staring at the wall, she wondered if these were the troubles of dating a celebrity. Twenty minutes later, a knock on the door snapped her out of her reverie.

Shuffling to the door she opened it, revealing Jaehwan, damp and pink due to the rain and cold as he waved the bag of take away with a grin.

“Prince Hamlet of Denmark delivers!”

Sooyeon held back a grin as she let him in and helped him get his coat off and took the plastic bag from his hands as she pointed to the bathroom. Whatever it was, Jaehwan never failed to make her ridiculously happy with just his puppy-like nature, inexhaustible energy, and insatiable appetite for…certain things.

“Dry off wet puppy. I’ll go warm these up.” She said as he shook his head and pointed at his cheek.

“Plant one and I’ll move, or I’ll simply shake myself dry on you.” He grinned in response, Sooyeon had another moment of wondering if she was really dating a human or a puppy. Standing on her tip toes, she pressed a kiss to his cheek, only to receive a light pat on the before he hurried into the bathroom. She shook her head, rather amused with his behaviour before making her way into her kitchen, transferring the cold food into microwaves safe dishes setting them in the microwave to warm.

He returned, still running a towel through his hair to the coffee table set up with food and candles. Trust his incredible girlfriend to make takeout food romantic. He picked up a bowl of dumpling soup and curled up on the couch beside her.

“How’s it going?” he asked as she took a sip of her soup and she shrugged.

“There’s one particular fool in the office who thinks I know the answer to everything. He takes some great pleasure in asking me questions all the damn time.” She grumbled.

“I see, this is what it must feel like to be really smart.” He said thoughtfully as she rolled her eyes.

“Yes, enjoy being the dummy in our relationship.”

“I enjoy being your dummy, I truly do.” He grinned as she swatted at his chest only to snuggle closer to him.

“How’s the musical practice going?” she asked as he fiddled around for his phone before producing it from his pocket. Holding it up, he unlocked it and looked for a video.

“Hectic, but I think I have a fun scene which you will find interesting.”

Sooyeon looked at the screen as her boyfriend gripped at a practice sword, swinging it against his opponent as his face turned into a snarl. The choreography ended, but Sooyeon still stared at the screen, stunned by how the squishy cute man beside her was aggressively swinging a sword.

“Ha! I knew you’d like it.” He grinned as she hit replay.

“.” She mumbled, making him raise his eyebrow.

“Adidas Nike.” He corrected as she rolled her eyes.

“We’re not on live broadcast where I will be edited out if I cuss. So ha! that .” She grinned as Jaehwan pouted.

“What a potty mouthed girlfriend.”

“Only to keep up with your potty mouth.” She grinned as he leaned over to peck her lips before turning back to his food. Sooyeon eyed him carefully; he had gained quite a bit of muscle for the role of Hamlet. But she wished he had warned her about the sword fighting scene because it was starting a fire in her to see her boyfriend so aggressively using a sword.

“ it.” She cursed yet again, turning back to her food as he shot her a look; a small smirk quirking his pink lips up.

“What are you thinking about?” he asked, knowing exactly what she was thinking about.

“Not telling you.” She mumbled, taking a bite out of the take-out food.

“Why the cussing? Are you trying to get my attention?” he asked as she shot him another look.

“What should I do if you think me cussing is hot?”

“Do something about it.” He shrugged as she rolled her eyes.

“I thought you looked amazing sword fighting.”

“Just amazing?” he turned, wide eyed, pouting at her.

“Wonderful?” she supplied.

“You’re not saying what you’re thinking!” he sing-songed as she sighed leaning back on the couch.

“If you know then I don’t have to say it.”

“Consider it .” He put simply as she gaped at him and he grinned back at her.

“What the hell Jaehwan.”

“Just say it!” he insisted as she shook her head.

“Not when you say weird like that.”

“Fine, don’t say it.” He pouted, turning away and chewing furiously on his food. Sooyeon sighed, turning toward him and hugged him from the back, cheek pressing against his shoulder as she kissed his neck, causing him to flinch and grumble.

“I thought you were ing hot okay?” she whispered into his neck, knowing his ego must be getting a major boost at this point. There was silence as she felt his hand run over hers. Too long a pause for it to be normal.

“Jaehwan?” she asked, checking to see if he was alright.

“Does this mean this hug will turn into ?”

“Lee Jaehwan!”