Your Hair [VIXX, N]

For The Love of Writing. One Shot Collection

Prompt(s) : “Can I do your hair?”

Characters : VIXX’s N || OC

Genre : Fluff and uh, idk what else

 

Being a guest on Lipstick Prince was a special honor you had received. You had specifically spoken about how you never knew how to style your hair since it would stubbornly just stay straight right. Now here you were on the sets of Lipstick Prince greeting the Princes and settling down beside Heechul since he was the only one you were familiar with. You were aware of the format of the show, but you weren’t really sure as to what to expect. Looking at all the eager men around you, you suddenly felt a little awkward and wished the rest of your group mates were with you.

Once you were led to a separate room all set up with hair and makeup tools. You waited, looking at the products, wondering how some of them would even work on you. Taking a seat was a little out of the question since you had chosen to wear a skirt. The door creaked open and you turned around to see Monsta X’s leader Shownu walking in with a shy grin. He walked you over to the basin set up to help you wash your hair. He was kind enough to cover your knees with a towel as he helped you rest your head in the basin to rinse your hair out. You found yourself surprised was the green apple scent of the shampoo, you commented on the scent and Shownu shot you a shy smile which made his eyes crinkle. What Shownu was unaware of was his strength. You were pretty certain he was going to split your head open, but his worried “are you okay?”s and “is this fine?”s made you smile as you nodded. He exited the room after drying your hair out with the same towel he had over your knees, running a comb through your hair before putting it in curlers, the moment he took the curlers out, your hair fell flat along with the smile on his face.

You looked around, a little lost when the door opened yet again revealing  VIXX’s leader Cha Hakyeon, or N. You had found him the most impressive of the Princes. He was talented, but humble. You greeted him and he instantly bowed to you as a pleasant smile quirked his lips up.

“Let’s do this!” he cheered before shedding his jacket off and handed it to you as he held the seat for you to sit on before magically producing a glass container. He held it out to you with a smile.

“I made this for you, I hope you like citrus scents.” he said respectfully as you looked at the delicate candle resting between your palms and raised it to your nose to take a whiff of fresh mandarins. You couldn’t stop yourself from smiling.

“I love citrus scents.”

“I’m glad, may I light it for you?” he said, as you handed the candle to him and he headed over to the table and lit it before turning back to you while rolling his sleeves up. The scent was mild and pleasing, but  you found yourself unable to take your eyes off him as he took a step closer to you.

“Can I do your hair?” he asked, before brushing a stray strand off your forehead. You were certain there would be hooting from the other men in the adjacent room, but your cheeks burned at how intimate the action felt. Tongue tied, you simply nodded in response.

Everything Cha Hakyeon did to your hair was gentle yet firm. It was almost like he knew exactly what would make it look the best. Spraying it with water, he worked in a curling cream by scrunching your hair, then he sprayed in a heat protectant before reaching for a short curling iron and plugging it into the power source. You watching him inspect the temperature, dialing it down so he wouldn’t burn you or your hair before wearing a heat proof glove. Reaching for your hair, he took small sections of it before twirling it around the curling wand and holding it for a short while before releasing the soft curls he had created. Quickly spraying it with hair spray, he moved forth, working in small sections while talking about how he was worried about messing it up, how he was scared he was hurting you, and all you wanted to do was to hold his arm and say that of everyone, you felt the safest in his hands.

“Please let me know if I’m hurting you or burning you.” he said, meeting your eyes, reaching your fringe as you nearly squeaked at the proximity. Cha Hakyeon was a beautiful man and you could attest that to the world. The look of concentration on his face made him appear even more attractive. Brushing your hair to the side, you could feel your cheeks burning as the back of his hand caressed the side of your face. You were certain it was inadvertent, but it made your skip a beat. You were even more certain that Heechul would never let you hear the end of this as your breath hitched.

Hakyeon shielded your eyes with his hands before spraying your fringe with hair spray and then taking a step back to look at you approvingly.

“I have tried to make your beautiful hair look even more beautiful. I hope I have succeeded.” he said, making you blush as you nodded.

“I’m sure you did.” you greeted him as he bowed and left. The rest of the show was a blur as you simply couldn’t get Hakyeon out of your mind. The rest of the Princes came in and applied your makeup, but in the end you found your feet walking straight towards Hakyeon to pin the badge on him as he shyly accepted. You mumbled something about how he made you feel comfortable and had great control when Heechul badgered you about your choice at the end of the show.

“Did you really like my hair styling that much?” Hakyeon approached you in the waiting room as you waited for your manager. You stood up, noting how much taller he was than you and nodded.

“No one has managed to keep my hair this curly for this long. I really wish you could do my hair everyday. Also, thank you for the candle, it was lovely and you’re incredibly talented to be making such nice candles. I wish I could make nice candles too.” you laughed, regretting every word that was leaving your mouth in the form of a long ramble as Hakyeon smiled at you pleasantly before reaching into his pocket and pulling his mobile phone out.

“Tell you what? Give me your number, I’ll give you a call when I’m making candles again. Maybe I’ll teach you how to make them.”

You blinked at Hakyeon “really?”

“Of course, I’ll throw in some free hair styling.” he chuckled as you opened and shut your mouth like a fish before breathlessly telling him your number. He gave your phone a call, effectively registering his number on your device.

“Save it as something fun.” he said before looking at his watch “I have another schedule to get to, so I’ll give you a call sometime. It was really nice meeting you! Also, I did mean what I said on the show - you are a beautiful woman.” he grinned before waving and hurrying out of the room behind his manager. You gaped at his back, the events of the day spinning in your head.

You’d found your Lipstick Prince.