In My Dreams [Super Junior,Donghae]

For The Love of Writing. One Shot Collection

 

In which soulmates are found in dreams before reality

 

Warnings : terrible and unedited.


He couldn’t sleep, the stark white ceiling of the bedroom stared back at him and his tired eyes were bleary. Something was bothering him and he wasn’t entirely sure of what, but right then all he wanted was sweet sleep to drag him into the brief oblivion it provided.

“Can’t sleep?” he heard her whisper as he turned around with a smile, nodding at the golden glow she emitted. The soft tendril of hair that curled over her forehead made him chuckle as he reached over to gently push it away and press his lips against her forehead. He felt her trail her fingers up his arm before lacing them with his.

Donghae heard her hum before kissing his knuckles as he shifted closer to her to breathe her in. A whiff of wild berry on her palms, midnight coffee in her breath, that floral shampoo she used. How familiar these felt even as they changed over the years of him knowing her. Warm glowing skin, held him closer as their hands detached for him to wrap his arm around her waist and for her to slowly run her fingers through his hair. Soothing, gentle, almost lulling him to sleep. He marvelled at the curve of her waist, almost like it had been created for his arm to wrap around it perfectly.

“Can’t sleep.” He mumbled as she nodded, caressing his face urging him to give in and reach for the sleep that he needed. Donghae realized this was that limbo between consciousness and sleep which he was lingering in. Their legs tangled with each other as their sleepy eyes interlocked as they smiled at each other. Sometimes everything was worth the wait and the struggle.

How much longer though? He wondered, gazing at her as he cradled her in his arms now. Her head rested on his chest now as her fingers drew random patterns on his skin. He revelled in the sensation as a kiss against his heart made a shiver run down his spine. There was such a familiarity to her, a stable comfort, a key that unlocked his soul as it came spilling out onto his sheets and took her form. Golden, like sunshine and warm against his body.

Threading his fingers through her maenad locks, he gently as she rested against his chest. Eyes still bleary with sleep now tugging the lids down he fought the sleep he had been begging for. Just to stay in this limbo for a few more moments where he could hold her against his heart and watch as their souls met.

Because for some people with the same destiny as his, soulmates could only be found in these dreams.

“You should sleep.” She said against his chest before looking up as he held her closer. Sleep could wait. He felt her chuckle as she leaned back up to gently press lips against his. Soft and balmy against his, tinged with the midnight coffee he had caught a whiff of. That familiar kiss that brought tears to his sleep weary eyes as he cupped her cheeks, dragging the moment out, just to make it last a second longer. A moment more with his soulmate, her glowing skin against his, their souls in sync as their lips locked. Sleep was calling and keeping it at bay was even more difficult.

“I will find you.” He whispered into the space between their lips as he heard her short laugh as she pressed another chaste kiss to his lips.

“Soon.” She promised as he could feel her weight on him disappear into the darkness which took over his vision. Sleep had won this time. But the next time, he would find her and this wouldn’t be a dream. Till then, Donghae decided, he was happy to hold her in the limbo that was theirs.