Anniversary [Super Junior's Donghae] Drabble Dump 3

For The Love of Writing. One Shot Collection

It's December.

Ultimate bias month~


He made her ridiculously happy, she didn’t know why, but he simply did. She loved his passion, his feigned innocence, his childishness, and just about everything about him. Including the ridiculous amount of cheese that could give anyone a heartburn but somehow she managed to stand it which was surprising since she wasn’t very cheesy herself.

Maybe that’s why they worked so well. He was cheesy enough to give anyone a heartburn and she was straightforward, albeit shy about her feelings. But most importantly they both said things as they were and accepted each other for the way they were.

And have done so for four years.

They spent their anniversary together. Wandering out in the cold streets hand in hand, fingers interlaced, reveling in the feeling of each other as they made their way to an uptown restaurant which Donghae deemed fancy enough to treat her in. He knew she loved food, and he loved grand gestures of love. He’d have gone all out with red roses and jewelry and what not, but he knew she liked daises and didn’t wear too much jewelry. Maybe that’s why he turned up to her house with potted daises and a stupid smile on his face that made her heart melt.

He loved how even if she didn’t like the whole idea of grand gestures, she went along with him, dressing up in a pretty dress and doing herself up because she knew he liked things like that. She had bought him his favourite scented candles. They both made compromises to make the other happy, and they both felt eternally grateful for the other’s simple existence.

She fed him during their time at the restaurant, she knew he liked actions that showed great affection. After a point, it didn’t matter, it was all about the smile on his face that made her face light up as well. He simply smiled back, hand resting on hers because it didn’t take much to make her happy, just the small things.

Like the orange ice lolly they had following all the gourmet food. The childish smile that spread across her face that expressed her happiness. It was ridiculous how instant noodles and orange ice lollies made her happy, but the cost of happiness didn’t matter, it was the happiness itself. Donghae wanted to capture every moment with her, the little gestures, the secret smiles, simply everything. He knew everything about her, and she about him.

Like how she’d hug him a little longer when she’d want him to stay, or the not so secretive look at his lips when the day comes to a close and what a better way to spend a four year anniversary than to kiss one’s beloved.

She loved his lips against hers, though people said he had too thin lips, they felt perfect moulded against hers. How they moved gently at first, then got just a tad bit more forceful as she responded, her back pressed against the door as his arms wrapped around her waist and tongue softly traced her lips before exploring . He loved the way she fit in his arms, how she was just the right height to kiss thoroughly till her lips turned red, the little sounds that escaped her lips. His arms felt so strong around her as they felt for the door knob and held onto her hips as they made their way into her house, lips still attached with absolutely no intent of parting as hands wandered without restraint and the door closed with a sense of finality.

The perfect anniversary.