Reading in Bed [EXO, Kai/ Jongin]

For The Love of Writing. One Shot Collection

Picking up from Reading in a Club


Three months and many dates later, Jongin finds himself in bed with her. Not quite in the manner you would imagine. Her back is propped up against the headboard and her hair is up in a messy bun. She's chewing on her lip as she pushes the large spectacles up the bridge of her nose as she surveys the material on her lap.

Minah eyes Jongin whose back is supported by a thick pillow against the wooden headboard of her bed. His hair is tousled and his fingers are busy messing it up further while some hold onto the page he is reading. He looks quite good with just a plain white tshirt and checked blue boxers on and absolutely no makeup caking his face revealing to her the gentle shadow of a moustache.

Deciding it has been enough of academic material, she takes another peek at him before shutting her laptop and setting it on the side table.  Jongin's sleepy eyes dart in her direction and meet hers when she asks 'what are you reading?'

He'd picked up the book from her table to be honest. He didn't know she was that interested in mythology until he'd spotted a pile of books on said topic on her table.

"Greek and Roman myths." He holds the book up, watching Minah's face light up gently in the glow of the table lamp.

"I had just begun that book. Is it any good?"

Jongin silently extends his arm towards her as she crawls closer to him nestling against his chest as her head rested on his collarbone. His fingers wind themselves in the tendrils of her dark hair which escaped from her bun and her hand places itself on his beating heart. He hears her let out a sigh of contentment and feels her curl up closer to him much to his pleasure.

"Oh, I was just at this bit." She laughs against his skin, making it prickle with delight as he focuses on the book in front of them. Trying to ignore the warmth spreading across his chest as her hand gently runs over it almost lulling him to sleep. They’re reading about Artemis, the goddess of the hunt and the moon and he can’t help but feel like Minah would make a good Artemis. He feels her giggle against his chest yet again and looks down at her.

“I was just imagining how your fans would probably make you Adonis because you enjoy seducing them on stage.”

Jongin rolls his eyes but decides to counter her by saying “I’m no womanizer. You’d make a good Artemis.”

He feels her roll over before propping herself up on his chest as her eyes meet his “You do know that in some myths, Artemis killed Adonis?” he could see the amused smirk on her face as he sets the book aside. His arms wind themselves around her waist as he leans up with an equally devilish smirk.

“Well, you do kill me.”

He watches as she glares at him before her face changes to mock horror “No way! I do not kill you!”

He rolls over, pinning her under him, tickling her gently as she bursts into giggles.  She can feel his breath fan over her face as he leans closer to her neck, nuzzling it and whispering “you kill me inside every time. With little deaths.”

She freezes for just a second trying to think of something clever to say to that cheesy (and erse) dialogue only to feel distracted by the soft kisses being pressed to the sensitive skin of her neck, trailing up her jawline as his face hovers over hers. She breathes in his scent as his hands wander down her sides to her thighs and rest themselves there, but not for too long, they’re roaming around her skin all over again.

Her heady scent draws him closer to her at every breath he takes, his forehead resting against hers as their lips almost, just almost brush against each other’s.

“Jongin.” Her breath caresses his lips as he groans, mildly frustrated at the interruption.

“Yeah?”

“Artemis is a goddess.”

 


I had to :3