Puppy Face [Ken, VIXX]

For The Love of Writing. One Shot Collection

Written for my leadah <3

Happy birthday!


Haneul balked when she saw the puppy sitting outside her porch blinking at her and wagging its tail. She honestly had no idea as to what to make of this rather tame looking puppy grinning up at her cheekily. Did someone own this adorable ball of fur? But the lack of a collar around his neck was indicative that the puppy was a stray. Reaching down to run her hand over its soft head and watching it curl closer to her, she reached for her phone to take a picture of it.

“Oh?” she watched it almost pose for the picture with large puppy dog eyes as she sent the picture to her friend, Minah. Sitting down on the porch, she watched the puppy clamber onto her lap, whimpering in its attempts and cuddling closer to her stomach as it yapped, looking up, squirming to show her his tummy. Cuddling him closer, she looked at the text she had gotten back from Minah.

“Omg, what a cutie! Take him in!”

“I’ll keep him for now, he seems rather tame.”

“Um, there is a random cat in my house staring at me.”

“Woah, send me a picture!”

The puppy knocked her phone out of her hands in an attempt to get her attention, making her giggle when a cold wet nose came in contact with her skin. She cuddled it closer as it her nose.

“Would you like to come in for a little milk?” she asked it, as it grinned back at her, panting. Scooping the fur-ball up, she unlocked the door and entered her home before dropping her bag on the table, giggling when the puppy nuzzled against her neck. Setting it down on the floor, she headed over to the kitchen only to have the puppy follow her all the way till the refrigerator. Pouring some milk in a saucer, she placed it on the ground watching the fur-ball attack it as she pulled out a cup ramen out of the cupboard. She was not really in the mood to cook.

“What should I call you?” she mumbled at the puppy who now looked up at her with milk froth around its mouth. The sharp snout reminding her of her particularly attractive neighbour’s very sharp nose.

“How about Ken?” she wondered out loud, it was her neighbour’s nickname she had heard being used once or twice. The puppy yipped, running into her legs as she made her way to her couch, cup noodles in hand. “You like that name?” she asked, running her finger over its tiny head as it nuzzled against her leg as she sat down. She sighed hungrily finishing her noodles and gazing sleepily at the yawning puppy before picking it up and cuddling it close.

Haneul the television, resting the puppy on her tummy as it squirmed around before settling down and gazing at her. She tried focusing on the television only to feel her vision blur as she fell asleep.

She only woke up when sunlight streamed in through her windows and a pleasantly heavy weight cuddled her closer. Though this weight was not that of a puppy’s.  She eyes flew open to see the same attractive neighbour known to her as Lee Jaehwan cuddling closer to her, sound asleep as he held her in her arms. She gaped at the handsome face and pouty lips before letting out and unearthly scream causing the puppy-faced man to wake up with a start.

“Oh…Haneul…it’s too early to wake up.” He whined as she gaped.

Apparently morphing from an animal to a human was perfectly normal for Jaehwan who was now grinning at her as Haneul backed away from him.

Her crazy adventures with her strangely attractive neighbour had just begun.