Thank Santa [Super Junior, Lee Donghae]

For The Love of Writing. One Shot Collection


He sighed, leaning against the headboard of the fancy suite. He couldn’t believe he wasn’t home for Christmas thanks to his busy schedule and upcoming concerts. Lee Donghae was not happy this Christmas. He knew the rest of his bandmates were around the hotel, trying to join in the fake Christmas cheer the staff had tried to come up with. But all he wanted to do was curl up in a couch with her and stay there for eternity, cuddle into her warmth and simply forget the world and just watch the snow float down and settle by the windows.

He could picture her even now, sitting in bed with a large soft t-shirt on, possibly his, and her silly pajamas loosely hanging onto her legs as her laptop rested on them. . Maybe even wearing a Santa hat while working just to add some holiday cheer. He knew she had a lot of work piled up as well. She’d probably be eating that strange mixture of breadsticks dipped in Nutella, declaring it was the best work time snack. Oh, and that ridiculous dab of chocolate that smears right next to her lip which she never notices until he points it out.

And the blush that climbs up her cheeks as he kisses the sweet rich flavor off her skin. Or her disbelief every time he tries to convince her that she’s beautiful. Everything about her reminds him of home. Her smile, her temper, her silly antics, the strange way she shows she cares and the endless warmth she brings with her.

He shifts, adjusting the white turtle necked sweater he had bought with her, which she declared he would mess up with some stain or the other. Maybe he should get himself something to eat and just turn in early. Glancing at his phone, he notes a message from Leeteuk asking him if he wants to come down and join them which he declines while reaching for the menu in the room to order for room service. Flipping through the pages, he tried to figure out what he wanted to eat, pushing away thoughts of her preparing an entire meal for him just because she felt like it. Suddenly the phone rang, cutting through the silence in the room.

His fingers gripped onto the cold receiver as her pressed it to his ear with a simple “Hello?”

“Are you being a pouty baby on Christmas Eve?” her warm voice filtered into his ears, making him shiver with delight even though there was a tinge of amusement in her voice.

“No.” he replied quickly hearing her click her tongue in response.

“Now that’s not what Hyukjae told me.” He could hear the laughter in her voice as he mentally planned out Hyukjae’s murder. He sighed, running his fingers through his hair.

“I just wanted to spend Christmas at home.”

“Are you missing me?” her voice is still amused and teasing but he knows what she really means is that she wants the same.

“Yes.” He responds as she replies with a “good, because all I want to do is chuck my work and cuddle because it’s cold as hell here and you’re warm.” He laughs as he imagines her nodding to her words as he leaned back on the headboard. There’s a static silence as he hears her exhale, picturing her glaring at the laptop which presented her with a whole lot of work.

“I wouldn’t mind the same; I just wish you could come over here and spend Christmas with me.”

She chuckles into her phone before sighing “if only…Hae?” she begins, her voice changing just a little bit “what was your room number again?”

“Huh? Two zero eight. Why?” he says, confused as she replies quickly.

“Just to know which number to give when they ask for the extension.”

“Oh.” Donghae’s shoulders slump as he sinks further into the sheets.

“What’s wrong Hae?” her voice is soft, caressing his ears like her hand would his head when he was upset.

“I was hoping my Christmas wish would come true.” He grumbled making her laugh.

“That Santa would drop me off there?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, you can thank Santa then.”

A knock resounded on the door as Donghae gaped at the phone confused while excusing himself to get the door.

There she stood, clad in that ridiculously oversized sweater with a little stick-on bow on her head. Her face flushed pink in the cold as her tongue trailed over her lips as she grinned.

“Merry Christmas.”

He didn’t know what took over him as his arms made their way around her in a bone crushing hug as he pulled her in, shutting the door behind him and pressed kisses all over her face.

“How?” he whispered into her ear as she looped her arms around his neck and responded with a simple.

“Santa~”

“Can I enjoy my present now?” he whispered against her skin, still pressing lingering kisses as he lifted her up and carried her to the bed gently laying her down and crawling in beside her. She looked at him amused as he unraveled the muffler around her neck and took the bow off her head and tossed them aside before clinging onto her like a Koala bear.

“Donghae…” she began as he shook his head like a vehement child refusing to let go as she tried to squirm into a position in which she could comfortable rest against him.

“No,” he nuzzled into her neck, pressing barely there kisses as she giggled and tried to avoid due to the ticklish sensations that arose “I’m not moving.”

“But how can I give you a small part of your present?” she began, watching him move away and look at her with childish delight.  Laughing, she turned around and gazed into his eyes as his arms made their way around her with absolutely no control. She raised her eyebrow at him.

“It appears that I am attracted to you.” He says, pressing a kiss on the crown of her head as she lightly whacks him.

“You’re cheesy.”

“I know,” she can feel him grin as her hands make their way up his chest and she looks up “you love it.”

Their eyes meet as they tangle up in the warmth of each other, lips meeting for the first time of the night. Slowly moving against each other in pure comfort as her arms make their way around his neck and his around her waist. Their legs weave together as they kiss, tongues lazily swiping at each other and lips dragging smoothly over one another. It was all perfect, calm, beautiful.

Till his stomach growled and she pulled away laughing.

“How about that Christmas buffet?”


Merry Christmas :)