In the Backseat [Leo, VIXX]

For The Love of Writing. One Shot Collection

Inspired  by a tumblr post.


What exactly does one do when they’re ridiculously attracted to their boss? Kim Minah wasn’t entirely sure of the answer. Jung Taekwoon was a mystery to the entire world. Being one of the heads of the VIXX conglomerate at such a young age made him seem even more suspicious to everyone around him, he didn’t mind the partial mafia image honestly; it kept him from needing to partake in unnecessary interaction. Sure, he often had to have a licensed gun strapped onto him, but it was part of the job. When you have a lot of money in hand, you often had people who wanted it too.

On the other hand, Kim Minah did not have a lot of money and when she saw a job opening as an assistant, she took it up as soon as she could before she would get evicted. Apparently having a degree in Literature and Culture Studies was not entirely valued in South Korea, even if she could intellectually beat anyone at a debate. Jung Taekwoon took one look at her and her resume and turned down all the other applicants, much to their relief. He could be extremely intimidating and Taekwoon wasn’t going to take simply anyone who got intimidated simply by his looks.

He wanted someone strong enough to look him in the eye and make quick decisions if he wasn’t there and Kim Minah sure as hell looked like she could.

She also looked like she’d make a great cup of coffee. Which he quickly learned that she did.

And she had worked at a school teaching young students before.

And was a part of multiple animal rescues volunteering programs.

Not that that was a big deal, Taekwoon shook his head setting aside her resume which he was going over for the millionth time after he had hired her months back and eyed his assistant who had knocked and entered the room.

“Yes?”

“The donation has been made.” She replied, handing him the receipt from the local animal shelter. Jung Taekwoon was not stingy with his money, he gave much of it away to causes he was passionate about. But only Minah knew about that. She watched his lips twitch upwards making her gulp. Being a twenty something assistant to a twenty something highly attractive man was no joke, especially when you had to maintain a professional relationship with a man who looked like a lion on the outside but was a cuddly cat on the inside.

Who was also ridiculously adorable with his crappy alcohol tolerance, attempts to look like a bad boy (succeeding for a little while), and general dorky demeanour which Minah was privy to. But she understood why people were intimidated by the man. He was silent, tall and hulking, and he had a temper which could get destructive.

“I need you to come with me for the next meeting.” She watched Taekwoon shift a sheaf of papers and pick up a file she had placed there the day before. It had something to do with acquisition the company was looking at and they had wanted Taekwoon to take a look at it. This wasn’t one of the first times Taekwoon had asked her to come along, he’d taken her for many meetings and always look at her expression, trying to gauge her response before making his decision. Minah often felt he valued her opinion a little too much, she was just his assistant after all.

“Of course. The meeting is over lunch at the Hilton.” Minah said, remembering his schedule “I’ll ask Shinwoo to get the car ready.” She picked up the satchel by his table and carried it out, knowing he’d need it for the meeting. Heading over to her own desk outside his office and sighed, pulling one of the drawers open and shuffling through it to pull out a can of pepper spray. She knew at this point her boss would be strapping his gun into the holster hidden under his suit. The name of the organization they were dealing with was well-known to be in shady dealings and thus taking sufficient precautions was a necessity.

Reaching over to the phone on her table, she punched in the digits for Taekwoon’s personal driver Koo Shinwoo who said he’d be waiting outside the office for them. Fixing her skirt to hide the shorts she wore underneath (in case she had to run), she stood up when the door flew open and Taekwoon glanced at her, silently waiting.

Minah balked when he took a step towards her, not that she was afraid, but more that the physical proximity only reminded her of the time he had fallen asleep on her shoulder after a night of drinking. He was like a cat, nuzzling himself closer to her and every pretense of being the tough boss that he was had dropped. Except right now, he had her pressed up against her own desk as he leaned closer and retrieved his satchel.

“You forgot this.” he said, as she looked down. Sometimes this man could throw every hormone and nerve of hers out of whack and she mentally prayed to god that he wasn’t laughing at how flustered she was getting. Except she watching him walking ahead and hurried to join him as the two headed into the car.

“Would you like me to ask Shinwoo to stop for coffee?” she asked, pulling out her planner and double-checking his schedule as he shook his head. Over time, he had come to appreciate Minah’s coffee and the coffee from stores didn’t seem to make the cut anymore. He looked at her from the corner of his eye and thanked the stars for his decision. She was excellent at her work for certain, but he knew she was smart and he could learn a lot from her, she wasn’t terrified of him and he felt like he could let his walls down around her. The way she carried herself was attractive too, one wouldn’t believe she was as young as she was.

Jung Taekwoon never mixed his personal and professional life. But Kim Minah was someone who really made him want to break that rule of his. He had resisted the urge to hold her back at the workplace choosing to pick up his satchel instead but right now all he wanted to do was kiss her smart mouth and hold her in his arms.

“Sir, you’ve got something on your collar.” he heard her say, snapping him out of his thoughts as he tried to dust whatever it was off. He heard her sigh as she reached over, blushing and fixed his collar and straightened his coat. He stiffened at her expression, his fingers reaching for the partition button to put up the screen between Shinwoo and them. The speed breaker sent Minah sprawling across his chest as she attempted to quickly shift away only to feel his arm curl around her waist. That was when she went wide eyed and gaped at her boss who was looking down at her. Before she could even apologise, she felt his lips caress hers and all logical thought that had previously existed flew out of the window. She did not expect his lips to be so soft even if they looked alluring as she felt her eyes shut and her brain go into a static silent mode.

Jung Taekwoon was gentle, his lips gliding over hers as her hand shifted from its awkward position on the seat to over his heart as his own moved from her waist to the back of her neck, holding her in place and feeling her respond to his kiss with a little more urgency. He was warm, everything about him was warm she thought as her fingers gripped at his coat and his fingers reached to tangle into her hair as his tongue ran over the seam of her lips, making her shiver at the sensation. He could feel Minah press up closer against him as his other hand shifted to rest against her waist, tugging at the tucked in shirt to feel the warm skin underneath as she parted her lips and their tongues tangled in what could only be described as urgency. Things were moving fast, his teeth now tugged at her lower lip and he could hear the mewl caught at the back of as he pushed her against the seat, resealing their lips together as his hands wandered and her own stayed firmly against his suit, gripping onto it and holding him close as she responded with equal ferocity. He knew she was holding back, the thought of it bothered him as he discovered the heated skin under her shirt, he pressed kisses against her jawline and heard he let out a pleasing gasp as she threw her head back and panted, now out of breath. He noticed how nearly wrecked she looked as compared to him while the car came to a halt and realized why she had held back; she knew he had a meeting and leaving the car in any manner other than prim and proper was not suitable to his station as the head of VIXX.

Shinwoo held the door open as Taekwoon exited, looking pristine in his suit as Minah tumbled out, shirt tucked back in, hair still somewhat of a mess and lips a little swollen looking somewhat flustered. Taekwoon leaned over to her and mumbled “cute.”

Minah turned to him wide eyed as he walked along beside her as she attempted to fix her appearance to the best of her ability. Right before they entered the building he turned to her with a very serious face “no one should ever see you blushing like that other than me, if they do, I will end them” which made her blush even more before she rearranged her face as they headed over to greet Kim Jiwon who had been standing to greet them.

Jiwon had seen the look Minah had on her face when she exited the car.

And he was intrigued.