Turbulence [VIXX, Hongbin]

For The Love of Writing. One Shot Collection

Prompt(s) : “It’s turbulence. It’s normal.

Characters : VIXX’s Hongbin || OC [gender neutral]

Genre : Idk

Warnings : innuendo

It was all well and fine in the airport. Hongbin kept a on a downlow for most part and things were going perfectly fine while you checked the two of you in and went through security. He had finally gotten a few days off and the two of you had planned a getaway to Bali.So everything was going according to plan. Hongbin even bought you a coffee, your favourite caramel macchiato, while the two of you waited for the boarding announcement. Hongbin was always largely calm and collected so you didn’t think anything was amiss.

But it was when his fingers clutched at the armrest of his seat till his knuckles turned white that you turned around to look at Hongbin a little concerned.

“You okay?” you asked as the flight took off, you rested your hand on his feeling his fingers lace with yours and nearly squeeze all feeling out of you hand as he turned positively green. He shook his head refusing to give you a verbal answer as your floundered for reasons as to what could possibly be making Hongbin sick.

“Did you eat something weird?”

He shook his head as the flight lurched and his grip on your hand tightened. He held on tight till the flight had stabilized and the seatbelt sign had been switched off. He turned to you, still somewhat pale and babbled.

“I don’t like flying. I don’t do it often. I only started a few years back and I’m still terrified.”

You placed a comforting hand on his shoulder and gave it a gentle massage “I’m here with you and everything will be okay. So don’t worry Binnie!” you smiled reassuringly as he cracked a small smile in response. You turned to your book as Hongbin plugged in his earphones to play one of the movies on the flight. There was a peaceful silence while the stewards and hostesses passed by handing out drinks and peanuts.

Then the flight lurched yet again and your eyes went straight to Hongbin who had sunk back into the seat with a white face and wide eyes. You were pretty sure he was praying at this point.

“It’s turbulence. It’s normal.” you turned around to whisper to him as he nodded, still terrified as the seat belt sign was switched back on and passengers were asked to return to their seats. You bit down on your lip, trying to think of different ways to calm a hyperventilating Hongbin down. Except when you looked at him, he seemed rather distracted by the fact that your lips were caught between your teeth. You nearly rolled your eyes, of course this would distract Hongbin. As pure and innocent as the world thought he was, you knew that things were quite the opposite. The flight lurched again and this time it made you feel uncomfortable too. You noticed that people around you looked equally worried or uncomfortable and it made you feel awful for Hongbin who had gone from checking you out to squeezing his eyes shut and gripping hard at the armrest. There was only one way to solve this, not that you minded at all. Hongbin was an attractive man and you were dating him because you loved him, but this move was a bit of a risk and you weren’t sure how well it would pay off. Mustering your courage, you took a deep breath before leaning over to Hongbin.

“Binnie,” you cooed in a tone that instantly got his attention as he trained his eyes towards you “have you ever heard of the mile high club