Ideal Type [Super Junior, Lee Donghae]

For The Love of Writing. One Shot Collection

Kim Minah had much to thank for her sudden success in the entertainment industry. Starting off as a small-time singer on street corners and bars, she took South Korea by storm with her powerful voice and strong persona. Now that she had been cast in a successful movie, she was busier than ever, touring around the country and attending promotional events.

Dressed in an uncomfortable dress that her stylist had picked out for her and her hair done up elaborately, she sat across her fourth interviewer of the day when all she wanted to do was be asleep or at least lying in bed re-watching some old television series.

Apparently that was a distant dream as she prepared herself for a barrage of generic questions about her movie and her singing career. She had equally generic responses to them. Taking a sip of water as the crew ran around the set, she wondered why no one had asked her the most generic question of her so far.

Her interviewer was a pleasant looking lady who didn’t seem to shy away from asking questions that could cause PR disasters. Minah’s manager had warned her sufficiently to keep her answers to the point with this lady. With her current state of mind and how exhausted she was, Minah intended on keeping everything as brief as possible without seeming rude.

As the crew took their places, Minah arranged her face into a pleasant smile as her interviewer cleared and took a sip of water. The title song played in the background and the camera focused on the two.

Minah tuned out most of the enthusiastic greetings to the camera from the interviewer and focused on her audience, choosing to smile at them. She loved the genuine smiles she got in return and that's what made every gruelling interview worth it. Turning back to the camera, she greeted her viewers across the world and thanked them for watching before turning to the interviewer.

“It's your first time on the show, are you excited?”

“Yes! It's such an honor to be here, thank you for having me!” Minah responded automatically, just as she was trained to.

“You’re here promoting your movie Mr Lyon. Tell us more about it.” the lady continued as the poster of her movie flashed on the large screen behind them.

Minah smiled at the camera “the movie is an adaptation of a short story by Angela Carter's called The Courtship of Mr Lyon. It's based on Beauty and the Beast which is a popular fairytale.”

“Of course! Everyone loves a good fairytale! You play Jung Bora who is the Beauty of the story and you also collaborated with Dean to create a track for this movie didn't you?”

Minah was glad her interviewer was answering her questions while asking her questions. She nodded. On the other hand, her collaboration with Dean was dangerous territory. This was not her first time collaborating with him and somehow it resulted in a few rumours about them going around. To prevent any further prodding about her friendship with her senior, she chose to speak about her co-actor.

“Yes, and my Beast is Kim Soohyun,” she smiled as squeals filled the audience “he was a delight to work with and really fit the role.” She balked when she saw the sly smile on the interviewer's face.

“So, who is your ideal type? A beast for your beauty or a smooth and suave man?”

Minah gulped; honestly her ideal type was possibly watching the show, she  turned pink. Not answering would be the wrong thing to do at this point of time. Steeling herself, she shot a smile at the interviewer.

“My ideal type is actually Super Junior's Lee Donghae.”

There was a silence in the audience as Minah fixed her eyes on the lady sitting across her before the audience exploded into squeals and applause as the interviewer’s sly grin spread even wider.

“Oh really? Have you had the chance to meet him before?”

Minah looked down blushing as she rethought her decision of letting out her secret to the world. Somewhere she knew her manager was cursing and rolling her eyes at her. Why did she have to be such an idiot at the wrong time? She blamed her exhaustion.

“Well, I did meet him at the MAMA Awards…”

“And?” there were more cheers from the audience as Minah mentally cursed herself for putting herself in a spot.

“Well, I was with Ailee and since she has worked with Super Junior before, she was greeting them. She introduced me to them and I got really tongue tied actually. So I didn’t say much. I had my performance coming up right next and he wished me all the best.” she mumbled her way through her explanation as she felt the audience and her interviewer’s eyes on her.

Then there was the cheering and screaming as she looked shyly at her audience. Except her audience seemed to be looked somewhere else completely. She had come to this interview on a last minute schedule and had no idea who else was going to be on the show.

Minah turned around to spot the same face that caused hers to turn a brand new shade of red and her brain to freeze. Stopping her jaw from dropping she instantly stood to bow and greet THE Lee Donghae who was striding across the studio set as the audience screamed and squealed. She wanted the ground to open and swallow her whole as he smiled at her holding his arms out as she walked into his hug. Minah wondered if it was normal for someone to be this handsome and talented all at once. She nodded into his chest and wondered if she had died and gone to heaven.

Minah was mentally hyperventilating. She had had a crush on this man from her high school days and here she was being hugged by him. It was only later that she found out that he had been a guest on the show with Eunhyuk right before her. He was casually dressed as he sauntered in with such ease she felt like an idiot being the only one who was feeling terribly nervous.

“So I’m your ideal type?” he asked with a sweet smile as she nearly collapsed onto the ground with weak knees and embarrassment filling her system. She covered her heated face and nodded as he ruffled her hair. Minah gaped at his face as he smiled back at her warmly. The interviewer was giggling as Donghae shot the audience a grin that caused even more squealing as he leaned over to whisper to her.

“I thought you were great at the MAMA awards, and I have tickets for your movie. Take care and all the best!” he waved to the audience and disappeared nearly as quickly as he came.

Minah turned to the audience with a beet red face “You guys!” she mock glared at the giggling group of people as she covered her face yet again hoping the interview would end soon.

Which it did after a few awkward moments, many references to her crush coming along, and a request to her to sing a bit of the song from her movie.

As soon as the interview ended, Minah thanked her host and hurried away from the set, picking up her coat from her manager who looked a little uncomfortable.

“Wait till we get in the car,” she hissed “right now, just take the elevator down and wait for me as I clean things up here.”

Minah groaned as she shrugged her coat on and headed towards the elevator. She pushed at the button and waited for it to open. When she heard the ding, she looked down at her feet and took a step into the elevator and when she looked up, her heart froze.

Lee Donghae had a smug grin on his handsome face as he looked at her, shifting so she could join him. 

“We meet again.”


Based on the time P!nk met Johnny Depp. Watch it if you haven't. It's adorable!

 

This is unedited. Sorry if it .