"I'm Lost" [Super Junior, Donghae]

For The Love of Writing. One Shot Collection

Unnier made me.


She was definitely lost in a country she was visiting for the first time and it was freezing cold for her Indian self. Obviously touring on her own was the stupidest idea with no map in her hand and simply following the street signs of Seoul till she realized she had absolutely no idea as to where she was. People bumped into her as she looked around in utter confusion, trying to figure out a way back to the room she had rented.

Why hadn’t she attempted to perfect her Korean before coming to the place she would possibly be spending her next two years in?

So much for a teaching job when she couldn’t even figure locations out for herself. Her eyes darted around the streets for some sort of help that didn’t look at her in wonder and she spotted the one thing that could possibly be her solace – a man in a police uniform. Picking up her pace, she hurried towards the figure standing by the traffic light attracting a lot of attention.

“Excuse me!” he heard a voice gasp and he turned around to see large eyes gaping back at him. The same pair of eyes set on a heart-shaped face seemed to be searching for words as she formed her sentence. “I’m, lost?”

“More like gaping at your gorgeous face” was what she actually what she wanted to say, but there were far more pressing matters in her hands. She noticed him smiling at her as she attempted not to swoon at the sight of it.

“Where is it that you need to be?” his voice was low but not unfriendly at all. Pulling out the visiting card with the location of the room which was rented out to her, she handed it over to him with very shaky hands “cold isn’t it?” he smiled as she nodded, looking down to not continue to stare at his face and drool. He proceeded to point out directions to her which she attempted to follow but couldn’t keep up with the speed at which he was going. He watched as her face adorably blanked as she tried keeping up. His hands quickly went into his pocket pulling out a mobile phone and tapping in her location into the maps application and translating it into English and showing it to her.

“You’ll have to take a left at the crossing,” He began yet again in English noting the smile that spread across her lips that momentarily blinded him “and uh, follow the map!” he ended quickly as she nodded in response, the curls of hair that fell over her shoulders bounced along with her nodding.

“Thank you so much officer!” she sounded very relieved.

“Not a problem pretty lady.” He grinned as a thick blush painted her cheeks and she bowed and quickly hurried away as his eyes followed her figure merging into the crowd. Smiling, he headed over to the police station.

She on the other hand patted her cheeks to calm herself down as she sped her way through the directions given turning to spot a poster put up on a sign board. Her heart stopped as she spotted the same face that she had just stared at smiling back at her still in the police uniform stating that he was a part of the official musical event of the Seoul Police. Taking a picture of the address, she decided she would go. Her eyes caught his name – Lee Donghae.

There she found herself in the nicest dress she had brought along, sitting in the crowds of people looking at the stage. Her eyes landed on the officer a few seats ahead of her as he turned to wave at what looked like fans. His eyes surveyed the crowd and landed on her, widening in recognition as she looked down and away fighting a blush at his large grin. She looked elegant and he ravishing in his full uniform. But when he went on stage she admired his confidence and the ease with which he moved on the surface, playing MC. And then things took a different turn when he started dancing; her jaw dropped as he seemed to be putting up one of the iest shows she had ever watched.

Which amounts to none since this man appeared to be making love to the air which she would have gladly replaced herself with. Gaped at the stage, eyes focussing on the ridiculously handsome officer the whole time with open and not making any effort to stop the drooling. She was barely aware of the time the show ended and the crowd began dissipating, and she was the last to leave. Walking out, she started on her way back to her room only to hear a soft ‘pst’ causing her to turn and notice the side entrance to the building where officer Lee Donghae was standing.

“Hello!” he waved as her eyes widened in surprise. So he did remember her. Noting the look on her face he asked “are you lost again? Should I walk you back?” he found himself grinning as she looked around and pointed at herself, baffled.

“Yes you, pretty lady,” He smiled, emerging from the entrance as she found herself unable to say no. Pulling his coat closer and walking over to her, he waved towards the footpath ahead “shall we go before you get cold?” he asked, noting her bare legs that would soon turn blue if she stayed out any longer.

“Alright, lead the way officer!” She replied, smiling and following him and quickly matching his pace.

“You have a lot of fans officer Lee Donghae.” She teased as he smiled in response. He liked that she was unaware of who exactly he was and how she viewed him with such fascination. His eyes trailed over her glowing skin and bright eyes and tiny lips that had their own strange pout to them.

“Yes, yes I do.” He replied, taking a turn to a street lit up with pretty lights and watched her look at them in awe “But pretty lady, I don’t know you name.” he said as she turned to him and shyly introduced herself. He liked how her name sounded so foreign to him, yet somewhat familiar on his tongue as he repeated her name after her, almost tasting the sound of it. He suddenly pictured himself whispering it in a far more intimate setting and nearly walked into a pole has she not pulled him away from it in time with a giggle.

“I had a professor who walked into a pothole just like that when she was thinking about her husband.” She laughed, trying to explain it to him in her garbled mixture of Korean and English as he smiled sheepishly, slowing down the pace of their walking to increase his time with her. She pretended she didn’t notice. They spoke they best they could with their mish-mash of languages and somehow he found her getting more and more attractive with every adorable attempt to get his attention and she had already been floored by his dancing was awed by his multiple talents and the heart of gold she was discovering under that muscular chest she had eyed.

Even slow pace couldn’t stop them from reaching her rented room as they stood awkwardly in the cold. He noticed her shivering and she looked at him before taking a deep breath, trying to create the sentence that would make something of the atmosphere between them.

“Would you like to come up for some coffee? It’s freezing and you’ve been so nice the whole day and I’d really like to say thanks.” She noticed him pulling his hoodie up and looked away sighing. It was probably the wrong thing to say.

“It’s my duty to help people out…” he said looking to the side “is coffee code for a kiss? Because that sounds a little too good to be true.” He heard her laugh as she stepped closer to him and say “then I’ll have one coffee please.”

 Officer Lee Donghae never said no to such commands; wrapping his arm around her waist, he pulled her closer and gently pressed his lips against hers, feeling her sigh with relief and press closer to him, cupping his cheek with her cold hand underneath the hood of his jacket. Enjoying her lips a little too much, he tugged at her lower lips between his teeth shivering when her tongue came in contact with his, deepening the kiss as his strong arms wrapped tighter around her, feeling her cold skin and pulling away from the kiss very reluctantly.

“You’re cold.” He whispered between breaths, watching the air about them fog up as she smiled a devilish smile, tugging him by the collar.

“Then you can help me out by warming me up officer.” She breathed against his ear, pulling him into the apartment and out of the cold. His hands travelled up her sides under the now ed coat as he walked her into the elevator as he whispered into her ear, tugging the earlobe between his teeth.

“With pleasure ma’am.”

 

The elevator dinged and slid shut.