Papercut [VIXX, Leo]

For The Love of Writing. One Shot Collection

Inspired by Zedd's Papercut featuring Troye Sivan 

“So you’re suddenly too busy?” he said, his lip quivering as she placed her hands on her hips and her eyes narrowed. He was furious, yes, but so was she. Her voice came out, scathing and cutting deep into his skin.

“Really? You’re really going to blame this on me?” she rolled her eyes causing his blood to boil. Jung Taekwoon was a patient man and right now all he wanted was to spend time with her, only to be told that she’s too busy.

“I made time for us out of a busy schedule!” he burst out noticing her look of absolute disbelief.

“Oh, so suddenly I have to drop my education and my final paper to be with the man who isn’t here half the time,” Taekwoon opened his mouth to respond only to have her raise her hand and put a halt to everything “no, you don’t get to complain. I haven’t said a single thing, not one damn time have I opened my mouth about your busy schedules and overnight stays at the studio. The one time I have work, all of this suddenly becomes my fault?”

“I can’t help it, alright? You knew what you were getting into.” Taekwoon’s response was cold as every word cut her deeply as she pursed her lips, and exhaled heavily.

“Do you realize how selfish you sound right now? Is this because you have a job and I’m slogging in college with a crappy part time job? Are you saying that just because you have a busy schedule, I shouldn’t? Taekwoon,” her voice was firm as he gazed at her lips suddenly thinking of how pretty she looked, glaring at him “I won’t take that . I haven’t complained about this relationship, not a single time. My future depends on this paper and if you can’t bring yourself to understand that, the door is right there. It’s too damn late in the night for this.” she spat, not letting him speak before running her fingers through her hair and heading over to her laptop, picking it up and heading into the kitchen.

Taekwoon gaped as she brushed past him. Tossing himself on the sofa, he stared at the ceiling.

“But you had promised.”

He could see her through the kitchen door heading over to the fridge and grabbing a juice box and stabbing it with a straw as another wave of anger took over him. There was no way he was apologising for her breaking a promise even if some of the things she said was right. Her temper was always something that cut deep and sometimes, like this time, he wondered why he even loved her.

He heard her sigh, frustrated, as his gaze fixed on her. Her head was pressed in her palms and her elbows rested on the table as she tried to focus, pressing her temples with her fingers, taking deep breaths. A glistening tear caught his eye and all of the sudden, he wanted to put a pause to the whole fight just to kiss the frustrated sob that clung to her downturned lips away. Just like she had every time he had hit a rut.

That’s why he loved her and always ran to her.

But right now, he was too proud. Too angry. And so was she. Groaning, he took another peek at her typing away furiously in the kitchen throwing himself on the couch and shutting his eyes. He’ll wait for the storm to blow over and they’d talk it over the next morning.

Yet, in next morning he found himself reaching for her half asleep form at the table, and pulling her close to him, lifting her willing body away from the table as she reached for him, wrapping herself around him as he carried her to the bedroom for that peaceful dream together.