Trapped

My Bad Boy is BACK (Sequel to He May Be a Bad Boy, But He's MY Bad Boy)

"GO!!! GO THROUGH THE BACK!!!" Aeyoung yelled. We scrambled to our feet and ran to the back door.

A horrible feeling suddenly gripped my very bones, and I pulled them back. "No! Wait!"

"What are you doing, Mihi?" Sookjoo demanded, looking frightened.

I pushed them back some more, keeping my eyes and ears trained on the back door for several long, tense moments.

Suddenly, we heard a voice coo out, "Are you in there, my pretties?"

My blood ran cold. Laughter was heard from outside the back door.

"They have us surrounded!" Haruhi whispered.

"Why don't you let us in, sweeties? I promise we won't hurt~ you~."

"Upstairs! Now! Get upstairs!" Hana hissed, yanking at our sleeves. We raced to the stairs.

"If you don't open the door, we'll have to open it ourselves," the gangster continued to sing from the back.

My heart thudded loudly in my chest, my breathing sounding laboured from the fear. Adrenaline pumped through my veins. "We have to get out through a window!"

We stumbled towards my bedroom. In my hurry, I knocked over several books that were neatly stacked on the shelves. "How do I open the screen?"

"Here, give it to me!" Hana began to furiously move at the panel, trying to get it to move.

Aeyoung suddenly froze and gasped, her eyes wide. "Aecha!"

She immediately turned around and ran out.

"Aeyoung-ah! Aeyoung-ah!" Haruhi called out after her, but she ignored us all.

A sound like a door being forced open suddenly echoed up from downstairs, followed by jeering laughter.

"They're in the house!" Sookjoo whispered, tensing up and beginning to shake.

"Hana, we have to get this window open NOW!!!" I said in a tense, hushed voice. I didn't dare speak louder than that, although I knew they would be coming up any second.

"Where are you, little sweethearts?" A voice called out tauntingly from downstairs, the very sound chilling my body. "Are we playing hide-and-seek?"

More laughter, followed by, "We'll find them, Kevin. Someone go open the door and let Infinite in."

"I will!" Someone called back, and I heard the front door open, followed by the sound of footsteps and more voices.

"Oh my god," I heard Haruhi whisper. "Please, Aeyoung, get here soon! Please!"

"I got it!" Hana hissed, the panel popping out. She gently placed it on the bed so it wouldn't make any noise. "Come on, get out!"

Haruhi was the first one. She gingerly lifted herself up and hoisted a leg out the window.

"Come on, you can do it, Haruhi!" I whispered. She nodded, her eyes wide and frightened, and brought the rest of her out the window. She teetered dangerously as she balanced herself on the roof, choosing to crouch down and shuffle out of the way.

"Sookjoo!"

With much more ease than Haruhi (I thought as much for the tomboyish girl), Sookjoo hopped out with barely a sound.

"Hana, go on!" I urged. She looked at me, and it was surprising to see her face full of fear. "Mihi, what about you?"

"I'm waiting for Aeyoung," I said stubbornly. "Go!"

Hana nervously pulled herself up. The window frame made a cracking sound, and she froze, her body tense.

"Don't stop, Hana! Come on!" Sookjoo helped her through. The three girls clung in terror to the roof shingles. They wouldn't die if they fell down, but it would hurt badly.

"Go on, go!" I whispered back at them. "Get off using the neighbour's fence. I'll be there in a second!"

"We can't just leave you!"

"You have to go!" I froze when I heard a voice call out from downstairs. "Are you upstairs, kitties?"

"Go! Find oppas and tell them we're here!"

Sookjoo took charge and nodded. "C'mon!" She slowly lowered herself onto the neighbour's fence, balancing on the very top shakily, and slowly lowered herself down to the backyard's ground. She turned back and began to coach Hana and Haruhi.

I looked back, nervously wringing my hands. They would be here at any moment. Where was Aeyoung?

A figure appeared at the doorway, and I nearly screamed. To my relief, it was Aeyoung, a frightened Aecha in tow.

I almost didn't recognize Aecha. All her makeup was scrubbed off her face, and she was wearing a simple T-shirt and sweatpants. In fact, she looked even more like Aeyoung now.

"They're coming!" Aeyoung whispered, her scar red from her anxiety. "They'll be up any second."

"Get through the window!" I said back.

Aeyoung pushed her sister forwards. "Aecha, go!"

She looked back at Aeyoung, shaking her head. "But, you --"

"Go, Aecha! We're coming in right after you! Go!" The look on Aeyoung's face was almost desperate. "Please, they're coming!"

Aecha finally turned to the window, a determined expression on her face. She pulled herself up, moving much easier than I've ever seen her before now that she wasn't wearing such tight clothes.

"Aeyoung, you next," I whispered.

"No, you!" She hissed. "If they catch any of us, I'm better off! I can fight a bit!"

"Aeyoung, but --" We both froze when footsteps echoed loudly on the stairs. "They're coming! Aeyoung, please!"

Aeyoung nodded and jumped out with as much ease as Sookjoo had. Those two were really incredible.

They were at the landing. I didn't have a moment to lose. I pulled myself up.

"Quickly, Mihi-ah! Quickly!" Aeyoung and Aecha's hands pulled at my arms and shoulders -- anything they could find. Panic was quickly overtaking our senses.

At the last second, my foot was caught on something. I looked back and screamed.

"Do you remember me?" Woohyun smirked arrogantly.

I flailed and kicked at my feet. "Run! RUN!!!" I yelled at the others.

A sudden scream from the backyard made me freeze. They weren't fooled. They caught the others.

"No! Let GO of me!" I yelled and struggled as much as I could, but to no avail. Woohyun pulled me right back into the room. I could hear the terrified screams of the others as they were forced back inside.

Woohyun pushed me towards Sungyeol, who grabbed me and forced me to move downstairs. I heard Aeyoung and Aecha yelling as they were caught next.

Tears began to leak out from my eyes. It was over. They caught us.

Just like last year, it was all a trap once more.