Rumours and Kidnappings

My Bad Boy is BACK (Sequel to He May Be a Bad Boy, But He's MY Bad Boy)

True to Hana's word, I kept an eye on Yunha and examined her closely. At first, I noticed it was just nasty little rumours spreading around, and funnily enough, if Hana didn't point it out to me I'd never have noticed the rumours in the first place.

However, I had a feeling Yunha was getting a bit irritated when Beast wasn't paying the slightest bit attention to the rumours floating around, so she decided to take a more drastic approach.

One day, she came up to me during break time in class when Junhyung was away (talking to Doojoon about something in Class C, and she said sweetly, "Mihi-ah, I have a question. I remember hearing some rumours about some other guy from Beast who used to like you."

"Eh? Hy --" I started to say without thinking, before I caught myself quickly and said, "He doesn't like me anymore. We're just friends now."

However, the damage was done.

The next day, when I entered school early with Aeyoung and Haruhi, whispers floated around and everyone started glaring at me. More than usual. If looks could kill, I would be a sitting duck right now.

"What's going on?" Haruhi whispered, shrinking on the spot. "Everyone's.....looking this way....."

Aeyoung and I shared a quick glance. Unlike Beast, Aeyoung wasn't totally oblivious to the gossip people spread around the school. After all, she knew Yunha was up to no good the second she saw her.

"That better not have....."

We walked down the hallway to my locker, and I gasped.

Over an entire section of lockers, someone had spray-painted in huge, red letters:

PARK MIHI IS A

SHE IS SLEEPING WITH BEAST MEMBER HYUNSEUNG BEHIND

JUNHYUNG'S BACK!!!

I gasped in shock. Haruhi whimpered. Aeyoung gritted her teeth and balled her hands into fists.

"That , where the hell did she.....making up something on the spot like that!" She glared at several freshmen who were whispering darkly to each other and snapped, "What the HELL are you all looking at?" The freshmen scurried away.

"This is horrible," I said fretfully. "She vandalised school property!"

"THAT'S what you're worried about?" Aeyoung snorted. "Mihi, Beast isn't going to ignore this. This is going to cause some problems."

I nodded, my fingers twitching to the scar on my arm subconsciously. Even though Junhyung and Hyunseung made it clear to everyone that they were cool with everything, that Hyunseung was over me, there were a few times when Junhyung would still be guarded around him if I was there. It couldn't be helped.

"Oppa wouldn't believe that!" I said as fiercely as I could manage. "Oppa.......Junhyung oppa won't believe such ridiculous rumours! There's no proof!"

"Proof of what?" Junhyung asked. I spun around. "O-oppa!" I squeaked, still not sure what his reaction would be when he saw those words. Everyone crowded around, whispering fervently to each other, all wanting to catch a glimpse of the drama that was sure to come.

"Babe, what's wrong? You look nervous," Junhyung said in concern, reaching over to touch my face. I heard a girl hiss in the crowd, "She's such a two-timing, lying !!!"

Junhyung obviously heard that too, because he turned around and glared at the offending girl. "WHAT did you just say about my girlfriend?"

The girl shrank back in fright from his hostility, but Yunha stepped forward, her face a perfect mask of sadness and concern. "Junhyung oppa, I don't know how to tell you this, but...."

Junhyung caught sight of the spray-painted words and his jaw dropped as he read it. I flinched slightly. "What.......the........."

"Somebody wrote those yesterday," Yunha said. "To show you who your girlfriend really is. She has been cheating on you, oppa."

Junhyung's hands shook slightly as he stared at the words.

"Hey, what's going on here?" The rest of Beast entered the crime scene. 

Haruhi squeaked, unable to take the tension any longer, and fled into Yoseob's arms.

"H-hey, whoa! Haruhi-ah, what's wrong?" Yoseob stammered as he reflexively wrapped his arms around the shaking pinkette. She shook her head. "Lies....it's all lies...." She mumbled. "What?" Yoseob asked, confused.

Doojoon read the words behind Junhyung's shoulder. "What the fu---" He narrowed his eyes and spun around to face the crowd. "Alright; WHO WROTE THIS ?!"

Nobody answered. Even Yunha knew better than to admit she did it herself.

Aeyoung, however, wasn't falling for it. Walking straight up to her boyfriend's side, she glared at the crowd -- right at Yunha. "I KNOW who you are, so you better SPILL it!" She glared pointedly at Yunha, who raised her perfect eyebrows in mock confusion and crossed her arms.

"Mihi-ah, who did this?" Hyunseung's quiet voice came from the other side of me.

"E-eh?" I turned to look. Junhyung to my right, Hyunseung to my left. The whispers started up even more. It was the whole cast.

Hyunseung read the words and his face darkened. Then he turned to Junhyung. "Yah......"

Junhyung took a deep, shuddering breath, and suddenly the shaking stopped. "I know." He muttered. "It's okay, I know. I know the truth."

Everyone gasped. Yunha looked smug.

"Oppa?" I whispered.

"Listen up!" Junhyung raised his voice, and everyone stopped talking to listen to the gangster speak. "I know for a FACT that Hyunseung does not SLEEP with my girlfriend. I know for a fact that she doesn't sleep with ANYONE!" He turned to me and grinned. "Speaking of which, babe, I'd love to have you over tonight --"

"Oppa, this isn't exactly the right time to ask me something like that!" I hissed in embarrassment, my cheeks flaming red. I heard Dongwoon snicker behind me. "And the answer is still no."

"SEE?" Junhyung yelled at the crowd in exasperation. "SHE WON'T EVEN SLEEP WITH ME! HER BOYFRIEND! WHY THE HELL WOULD SHE SLEEP WITH HIM?" He pointed an accusatory finger at Hyunseung, who didn't bat an eyelash.

"Oh, are you saying I'm not worthy to sleep with Mihi-ah?" Hyunseung said in a soft, sarcastic voice. "Gee, thanks a lot, Junhyung. Bros before hoes."

I giggled. Whenever Hyunseung was sarcastic, it was funny. He was usually so serious and calm.

"Of course you're not worthy!" Junhyung sneered. "I am the only one worthy enough to sleep with my precious baby!" He grabbed me tightly and rubbed his cheek against my hair. I blushed even harder.

"B-but!" Yunha stammered, attempting once more to let the rumour mill fly. "Hyunseung and Mihi used to be in a romantic relationship! She admitted it herself!"

My mouth fell open. "WHAT?" I gasped in outrage, my hand once again reaching to my arm with the scar. Junhyung's arms around me tightened.

Hyunseung stepped forward and cleared his throat. "Yeah, I used to like her," He said smoothly, and the whispers immediately started up and died down again. "However, I got over it. And we never had any 'romantic relationships' together." He gave me a soft smile. "I'm sure you didn't say that, right, Mihi-ah?"

I shook my head, unable to find my voice. For her to twist my words like that, was just.....despicable!

"See? There you go." Junhyung roared to the crowd. "My girlfriend is mine and mine alone! Don't think I'll break up with her just because of these stupid rumours! And whoever wrote this on the lockers........" Here, his voice dropped to a dangerous growl. ".....you won't get away with this."

"I will not let this slide," Hyunseung agreed. The two friends fist-bumped each other.

"Not me, either!" Doojoon said angrily, glaring at the crowd. "Nobody makes up about the Beast's girls and gets away with it!"

"Damn right!" Yoseob piped up, still holding a shaking Haruhi in his arms.

Dongwoon crossed his arms. "You don't go around making about our friends. We'll pay you back double."

Kikwang nodded sourly. "Whoever you are, perpetrator, know one thing.......when we find you -- and trust me, we WILL find you one day..........."

In unison, Beast chorused with an angry shout, "You're DEAD!!!"

The crowd quickly scattered. I noticed a look of fear on Yunha's face before she quickly masked it over into a neutral look. She shot me a glare before strutting away.

"That ....." Aeyoung hissed, glaring at her back as she disappeared from sight. "I KNOW it was her, I just know it! But we don't have enough evidence! How can we prove she did this?"

"I can prove it."

At this, all of our heads turned. Hana was leaning against one of the sprayed lockers, reading a very long, very thick book.

"You can?" I asked. "How, Hana-ah?"

With a sigh, Hana closed the book shut with a small snap! "It won't be easy. But all we have to do is find the surveillance video showing the school last night and find videographic evidence of Kwon Yunha spray-painting the lockers. She'll be punished for vandalism of school property as well as spreading hurtful remarks about a student. That's considered bullying and assault, you know."

"Brilliant!" Dongwoon grinned, his voice filled with admiration. "I never thought of that -- and I'm the smartest in Beast! Well, Hyunseung might be able to beat me when it comes to strategies." He shot a jealous look at Hyunseung, who said coolly back, "Yes, but you have the best grades out of all of us."

"The only problem is," Hana continued. "We students aren't allowed to look through the surveillance videos, and they are in the principal's office. We'll never be able to find the right video in time."

"We just need a distraction, right?" Junhyung said furiously. "Beast can handle that. We'll think of a plan."

"I'm helping too!" Aeyoung said furiously. "No way, if you get caught, you could get in serious trouble!" Doojoon said forcefully. "I'm not having you damage your school record!"

"I already have, back in my old school," Aeyoung muttered sullenly. My eyes widened. She never said anything about her past life. Ever.

Raising her voice again, she rounded on her boyfriend. "Doojoon, who was the one that thought Yunha was up to no good? ME! Who was the one that kept an eye on her all this time? ME! You may have saved me more than once before, but this time around, you better accept my help! I'm not taking no for an answer!"

They had a short glaring contest, where instead Doojoon leaned forward and kissed her. Aeyoung blushed and yelped.

"Fine, fine," Doojoon sighed. "But if you sense trouble, you better run away from here, understand?"

"I-I'll help too!" Haruhi squeaked from her spot in Yoseob's arms. "I may not be fast or anything, b-but I can make up alibis if someone gets suspicious!"

"Really?" Yoseob looked at her wonderingly.

Haruhi laughed shakily. "Y-yeah. I'm a pretty good student, so the teachers all respect me. They'll believe anything I say. Nobody would think a perfect student like me would lie, right?"

"Damn, girl, you sure are diabolical!" Aeyoung high-fived her.

"I'm helping too, then!" I said.

"What? No way!" Junhyung shook his head. I sighed.

"Oppa, this is ME she wants to hurt, and this is MY relationship with you that she's trying to destroy! I don't want to sit back and let you guys do all the work yourself! I'm helping too!" I gave him my best puppy-dog eyes. "Please?"

Junhyung sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Alright, alright, babe." He kissed my cheek. "If it makes you happy, okay?"

"I want a girlfriend," Dongwoon moaned sadly. He saw Hana standing there and perked up. "Hana! Go out with me!"

"I'm not a pity case." Was her sour reply. "Don't ask me out just because you want bragging rights."

"Ah, damn," Dongwoon sighed heavily.

Hyunseung shook his head. "Dongwoon, don't get a girlfriend."

"Why?"

"Because then I would be the only single one in Beast."

"HA!!!" Dongwoon laughed loudly and pointed at Hyunseung. "Admit it! You ARE annoyed that you don't have a girlfriend!"

"I never said that."

"What happened to your precious girl, Kikwang?" Doojoon asked. Kikwang was staring at his cell phone, looking worried and sad.

"I've been texting Sookjoo-ah, but she hasn't answered back yet," He said fretfully. "I'm worried......is she in danger? Was she kidnapped? Is she ignoring me? Does she hate me? Does she ---"

"Shut up." Aeyoung said. "Kikwang, don't expect her to answer every single time. She might have lost her phone. She might be busy. After all, doesn't she work much longer hours than we do in Beauty?"

"I guess...." Kikwang mumbled, still unsatisfied.

Suddenly, his cell rang. Kikwang eagerly flipped it open and pressed it to his ear. "Sookjoo-ah!" He said delightedly.

Suddenly, the smile wiped clear off his face. Kikwang listened to the person on the other line, his face darkening with each second. Wordlessly, he hung up.

"What happened?" I asked.

"That wasn't Sookjoo-ah."

"No , Sherlock," Doojoon mumbled.

"Junhyung," Kikwang beckoned with his hand. Junhyung left my side to go to him, and Kikwang whispered into his ear. They began a muttered conversation.

"What's going on?" Haruhi whispered to me.

"I dunno, but Kikwang looks very upset and oppa looks angry."

" THAT!!!" Junhyung roared. "No way am I going to ---"

"WHAT ELSE AM I GONNA DO?" Kikwang yelled back at him. "SOOKJOO-AH IS IN DANGER! HE SAID IF WE BROUGHT HER, HE WILL LET HER GO!"

"SO WHAT, AM I GOING TO DO A LITTLE EXCHANGE? SCREW IT, WE'RE GONNA BUST INTO THEIR STUPID HIDEOUT AND BEAT THEIR ASSES, THEN TAKE HER BACK! HOW ABOUT THAT?"

"Oppa, what's going on?" I said to him.

Junhyung glowered darkly at the cell phone in Kikwang's hand. He spat out, "UKISS kidnapped Sookjoo. They're holding her in the abandoned warehouse on Third Street. Jesus Christ, why are all the gangster hideouts in warehouses?"

I gasped. Aeyoung looked troubled. "What did they want?"

"For some goddamn reason.........the youngest guy, Dongho or whatever, said he would give her back if he got to see Mihi-ah."

"Eh? Why me?" I said, surprised.

"ing bastard...." Junhyung growled, ignoring my question.

"Oppa, I'll do it!"

"NO!!!"

"If it will save Sookjoo-ah!" I pleaded. "Please, oppa! I promise, I won't let them hurt me!"

"No." Junhyung glared at me. "Mihi-ah, do you hear me? You are NOT going anywhere near that ing Dongho guy."

Pursing my lips together, I looked at the ground. "Alright, oppa." I turned to Aeyoung sadly and said, "Aeyoung-ah, I don't feel well. Can I go home please?"

"Sure," Aeyoung immediately agreed. "Poor girl, all this happened so fast.....come on, I'll walk you home."

Beast didn't stop me when we left, but I thought I saw Hyunseung shoot me a warning look when I passed him.

When we were out of school property, Aeyoung said, "You're not going home, are you?"

"Nope. I'm going to find Sookjoo and get her free. I met Dongho before, he was kind. He bought me ice cream."

"Mihi....." Aeyoung started to say in exasperation.

"Aeyoung-ah, I have to do this." I said to her. "I can't.....I won't let any of my friends get hurt. Not again. Right?"

Sighing, she said, "Right. I understand. Go. I'll lie or something, but don't blame me if your boyfriend blows the roof when he finds out."

I nodded determinedly. "See you later."

Then I ran off for Third Street.