Regret

My Bad Boy is BACK (Sequel to He May Be a Bad Boy, But He's MY Bad Boy)

"E-excuse me?" I stammered.

"You heard me. Break up with Junhyung oppa. I'll take him." Yunha said boldly. She was completely serious, and I would be foolish to ask her if she's joking. Even if it was a rhetorical question.

"B-but.......we're.........I mean........"

"Look, let's face it. Junhyung oppa and I are a better couple. It's best that you leave him for your own good."

I squared my shoulders. "No. I won't break up with him. Only when oppa breaks up with me face-to-face will I ever back down and give him to you. He's my boyfriend."

Aeyoung and Haruhi grinned behind the trash cans. "You go girl!" Aeyoung whispered triumphantly.

Yunha looked at me coldly. For a moment, I expected her to saw something along the lines of "That will come sooner than you think" or some other evil rival cliché. Instead, she said something I never expected.

"You don't belong in this world."

"W-what? I'm sorry?" I stammered.

"This world." Yunha gestured to herself. "And your oppa's world as well. You know perfectly well that not every gangster is like your precious oppa and his friends."

"I know that!" I said, starting to feel angry. I've been kidnapped by the most evil enemy gangsters, and we were still being targeted by them now. I knew that! "But it doesn't matter! Oppa will-----"

"----Protect you?" Yunha gave a harsh, cold laugh. "Don't be stupid. Every gangster, no matter how different, comes from the same mold. Junhyung oppa won't protect you forever. You WILL get hurt."

Almost instinctively, I reached out to touch my arm. The arm with the long scar running from my wrist to my elbow.

"See? I knew it." Yunha said softly. Behind the trash cans, Aeyoung and Haruhi were listening to every word she said. They were silent, and no longer looking so triumphant that I stood up for myself.

Yunha turned around, but still kept talking. "Trust me on this, Mihi. Someday, when something horrible happens to your friends or family. Someday, when you get so injured you can't even forgive it, you will regret it. You will regret ever meeting a gangster. This world is dangerous. If you depend on someone too much to help you up, you'll just fall even deeper. Unless you know how to take care of yourself and hold your own, you don't belong in this world. Or Junhyung's."

She left. I was very, very quiet.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

It was Friday.

And things got off to a very, very bad start.

Starting with the call from Junhyung ten minutes after school.

"Mihi-ah? Baby? Can you call Yoona please?"

"Yoona? Why? What happened, oppa?" I asked, starting to panic. Yoona was a former member of the infamous female gang Girls Generation and also a doctor. That meant someone was hurt.

"It's.............it's Chunji. Some bastards from U-KISS jumped him when he left school. It's...........he's hurt really bad, Mihi-ah. Call Yoona. Please."

With shaking hands I dialled Yoona's number. Within minutes, her car pulled into the driveway.

"Where are they?" Yoona asked as she stepped inside the house.

"They're in the living room." I whispered, leading her there.

Chunji was lying on the coffee table, covered in blood. He appeared to be unconscious.

"It looks like he has a broken arm." L. Joe said immediately as soon as he saw Yoona come in. Haruhi was sitting next to him, holding his hand. "And they smacked an iron bat onto his head. It might have cracked his skull, but so much blood was coming out we weren't sure."

"He'll be okay, boys." Yoona said. "I've dealt worse injuries before. I didn't think he would be unconscious, though. Chunji is much smaller than that."

"He kept on yelling out in pain." Dongwoon spoke up quietly. "When we found him. It hurt him a lot. CAP had to knock him out."

"It , having to hit someone from my own gang." CAP muttered, crossing his burly arms and leaning against the wall.

"You looked like you enjoyed it, hyung." Changjo joked weakly.

I started to get dizzy, seeing all the blood. Junhyung noticed and leapt to my side immediately. "Let's go, baby." He whispered, gently leading me to the kitchen.

"You too, Aeyoung-ah." Doojoon pulled Aeyoung up.

"I'm fine!" Aeyoung insisted.

"I don't care." Doojoon said. "I don't want you watching this."

"Haruhi-ah, come on." Yoseob said quietly. Haruhi nodded and let him guide her out of the room.

"Poor Haruhi-ah." I whispered to Junhyung. "She's known Chunji for a long time, right?"

"Yeah. It's hard on all of us." Junhyung muttered. His face looked paler than usual. "If I find those gutless bastards, I'll give them a piece of my mind. That's cowardly, jumping a single guy from behind. That's not how gangsters should be."

I remembered what Yunha said. She said that all gangsters are made from the same mold, but Junhyung definitely wasn't like that. But she also said something else.

"..........You will regret it."

I shivered and shook the voice away. I didn't regret anything. I loved Junhyung, I loved my friends, I loved living my life. I didn't regret anything.

A door banged open upstairs. Aeyoung closed her eyes and I think she swore under her breath.

"What's with all this racket?" Aecha yelled, bouncing down the stairs. "Jeez, where am I living? A zoo?"

"Hello, Aecha. Sorry to disturb you." Doojoon said as politely as he could. "You can go back upstairs."

"And stay there." Aeyoung muttered.

Aecha giggled and twirled her hair when she saw Doojoon. "Hello, oppa! What's up?"

"Aecha, don't you have something else to do?" Aeyoung interrupted, glaring at her younger sister. "Maybe ride a bike? Go shopping? Throw yourself under a bus? Just anything but staying here."

Aecha scowled and stuck her tongue out at Aeyoung. With a last wink and wave at Doojoon, she flounced back upstairs.

About an hour or so later, Yoona reappeared. "He'll be just fine." She said, as we all sighed in relief. "I don't know if he's well enough to move yet, though. You might be having an unexpected guest for a few days or so, Mihi."

"It's okay." I said, smiling. "I remember when I was housing............what? Five gangs?"

Yoona laughed at the memory too. "Oh, yes. Well, call me again if anything happens. I'll be in the area."

Teen Top (minus Chunji) traipsed into the kitchen as well.

"Haruhi-ah, do you want to go see him?" L. Joe asked Haruhi. "He says he wants to talk to you."

"Ah, sure." Haruhi left the room.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"Chunji. How are you feeling?" Haruhi knelt down next to the couch, where a pale-faced Chunji was resting. "Hey, Haruhi-ah." He mumbled weakly, giving her a faint smile. "I bet I look pretty stupid, huh?"

"Don't say that! You should be lucky Yoona unnie can fix anything." Haruhi scolded, smiling in relief that the self-conscious Chunji was still acting like himself.

"Yeah.........." Chunji was silent for a few moments. Then............ "Haruhi-ah?"

"Yes?"

"I................I still remember.............that day............three years ago.........."

Haruhi froze. She stared at him in shock.

"I know............you probably............don't care right now............but..........I still......regret.............turning.........away.........." His eyes closed, and he seemed to fall asleep.

Haruhi stood up straight, shaking. She couldn't believe it.

"What..........what was he...........why........" She whispered. She thought she was going to cry. Or throw up. Or possibly both.

He still remembered that day.

The day where he turned away from her.

Was Haruhi still confused about her feelings?

She loved Yoseob.............she did.

But did she still have feelings for Chunji...........................her first love?