Chapter 5 : Plan A -Fail-

The Ice Princess's Mission to Heal Chanyeol's Heart

14th July, Tuesday

"Chanyeol, do you want some-"

"No."

Chaeyoung nods slowly before proceeding to eat her lunch.

"Are you sure you don't want-"

Chanyeol slams his chopsticks on the table making Chaeyoung jump a little, "No. Just. Shut up."  

Chaeyoung didn't dare to make eye contact with the boy sitting across her after that. Now, how did this two end up in this situation? Let's rewind it to a few minutes back when Chaeyoung refused to join the boys for lunch because Chanyeol was going to be there and Chanyeol refusing to eat lunch with the others for the same reason. 

So, here they are, in the dining room,

together,

alone,

just the two of them,

Chanyeol shooting daggers at Chaeyoung once in awhile while Chaeyoung was trying her best to be patient with Chanyeol and try to 'get along'. That was her Plan A, trying to be nice with Chanyeol by offering him food and try to speak nicely with him.

Of course, for Lee Chaeyoung it was hard to not to scream back at Chanyeol but it was either get along with the rude giant or move out. And the second option isn't really a great option if you have a cousin who turns to some kind of monster whenever things don't go like it's planned.

Chaeyoung sighs and takes a peek at Chanyeol who was not really enjoying his lunch. 

Chanyeol caught Chaeyoung looking at him and glared at her.

At that moment, something inside Chaeyoung finally snapped. She has been trying her best to be friends with Chanyeol yet he's shooting daggers, knives, swords at her. 

"Yah, Park Chanyeol. What's wrong with you?" Chaeyoung didn't even raise her voice. She was saying it in a normal tone while smiling, yet Chanyeol felt intimidated by her.

She just has that scary-icy vibe about her.

"What?!" Chanyeol raises his voice, while looking straight at Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung rolls her eyes before standing up from her seat, "I'm trying to be your friend here..but. Forget it." 

Chaeyoung walks away to the living room, leaving her plate on the table.

Chanyeol mumbles something under his breath before shouting, "I'm not going to wash your plate, you midget!"

"Leave it! I'll wash it when a certain giant leaves!" Chaeyoung replied from the living room.


That evening when all of them were in the living room watching the TV together, Clara kept giving looks at Chaeyoung who sat at the opposite of the living room with Suho.

"What's wrong?" Baekhyun concernly asks Clara.

"Hmm..what?" Clara slides closer to Baekhyun and looks at him.

"You've been giving Chaeyoung weird looks all day long."

Clara grins, "You noticed?"

"Yah! How can I not notice?" Baekhyun playfully hits Clara's head. 

Chen who was sitting on the same couch with the couple glares at the two of them. "Ya-ya-ya. Stop."

Clara smiles innocently while Baekhyun pulls her closer to annoy Chen even more. 

"Hyung! Baekhyun is hugging Clara!!" Chen shouted before giving a sastified smirk to Clara and Baekhyun.

Suho who was watching the TV silently, immidiately glares at the two, "Yah, Byun Baekhyun! No skinship!"

Baekhyun throws his hands in the air in surrender.

"He wasn't!" Clara protested.

"Chen was lying because he's a loner!" Clara added before stucking her tongue out at Chen.

Chen rolls his eyes while Suho gives one last warning to Baekhyun before continuing to watch the TV. Baekhyun rolls his eyes as soon as he was sure Suho wasn't looking at them anymore.

"Ey..he's so annoying." He whispered to Clara.

"Oh wait, his sister is the most annoying girl in the universe, what did I expect?" He teased. 

Clara pinches Baekhyun's arm, "Say that again, you're dead."

"Yah, did you know that you turned so...girl like when you started dating Baek?" Chen asked Clara in an annoyed tone.

"So what I was like before?" Clara asked while narrowing her eyes.

"A cat." Baekhyun answered for Chen and highfived him.

"A crazy cat." Chen added while laughing. D.O who was busy writing down the recipe the cooking show was giving out shushed Chen and Baekhyun and continued writing.

Clara sulks before stomping off to Chaeyoung. 

Baekhyun hits Chen, "Yah! Look what did you do!"

"I did nothing!" Chen actually looked hurt when Baekhyun threw the blame on him. Pft. Such a baby.

Chanyeol who was nearby couldn't help rolling his eyes. He was about to continue to mentally list more reasons on why Baekhyun is so hateable when a cushion suddenly hits his face.

Both Sehun and Kai laughed their heads off while Chanyeol glares at them.

"What's your problem?!" Chanyeol asks, angrily.

"Woo~ Scaryy~" Sehun teased.

"Do you want to join us play video games or not. We need another person to be on Tao's team." Kai said, a little grin on his face.

Chanyeol shrugs, "Why not? When?"

"Now." Sehun answered before running upstairs, Kai trailing behind. 

"Yah! Wait for me!" Chanyeol shouts after them.

As soon as Chanyeol was out of sight, Clara hits Chaeyoung's head.

"Aish!"

"What?!" Chaeyoung screamed, her californian accent can be heard clearly.

"Don't 'what' me!" Clara answers while snapping her fingers.

Suho looks at his sister with a weird expression before looking at Baekhyun, "Sugar overdose? Not enough sleep?"

"Hmm.." Baekhyun walks to Clara and cups her face and observes it. Clara who was normally relaxed, suddenly turned red as a tomato.

"Too much fanfic. Fluff to be exact." Baekhyun said to Suho before pulling Clara to sit with him on the floor.

Clara crinkles her nose cutely, "Nice try but..Wrong! Daraaa~ would you care to explain."

Clara turns to Chaeyoung and blinks her eyes a couple of times.

Chaeyoung makes a disgusted face, "Ew..don't make that kind of face. And stop calling me Dara! My name is Cassandra, not Cassandara."

"Don't change the topic!" Clara whined. 

Chen, who was silently observing them throws a cushion at Clara. "Shut up."

Clara rolls her eyes and was about to say something in return when Baekhyun suddenly covers with his palm.

Baekhyun smiles cheekily, "Shh."

Suho fakes coughs, "Skinship."

Baekhyun quickly pulls his hand away while Clara stucks her tongue out at him. 

"Jinmyun-ah...help me... I can't do it alone.." Chaeyoung says, turning the attention back to her.

"Nope. No can do~ It's your 'mission.' Not mine." Clara said, sternly. Chaeyoung sighs and crosses her arms.

Suho was about to ask what's wrong when someone shouted his name. Suho goes upstairs to check what happened, the busybody Clara right behind him.

"What's the mission?" Baekhyun asks out of the blue.

Chaeyoung looks at Baekhyun and smiles, "That's right! You're close with him! Maybe you can help!"

Baekhyun blinks a couple of times before nodding a little, "Okay...who is this him?"

"Park Chanyeol. I need to be friends with Park Chanyeol."