Chapter 19 : A New Feeling

The Ice Princess's Mission to Heal Chanyeol's Heart

25th July, Saturday (00:00)

"Hey." Chanyeol half-whispered to Chaeyoung who was standing in front of his bedroom door. 

"Are we ninjas today?" Chaeyoung asked cocking her eyebrows. Both of them coincidentally we wearing all black.

Chanyeol in his black cap, black shirt and hoodie and black jeans. Chaeyoung was wearing a black beanie, a black shirt and black jeans.

"Ayy you copied me." Chanyeol hissed jokingly. 

Chaeyoung scoffed, "Black is a common colour. And sneaking out at night is suitable for a black outfit." 

Chanyeol stopped Chaeyoung from walking, and peered over the stairs. As expected, Sehun was occupied with his game. A smile creeped through his lips, he signaled Chaeyoung to meet him in the backyard.

Chaeyoung nodded and tiptoed her way to the back door, trying to be quiet as a mouse. It was quite easy really, she's used to sneaking out from her house to go for midnight walks. 

She closed the door gently and waited for Chanyeol in her socks. On cue Chanyeol came waving her shoes in the air. 

"The pink doesn't really fit your black outfit you know." His teasing smile visible for Chaeyoung to see. Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and snatched the shoes out of his hand. 

After Chaeyoung slipped into her sneakers, Chanyeol pulled her hand  softly towards the back gate which lead them to the manager's house. 

Minwoo was sitting there with his car keys. 

"uh-oh?" Chaeyoung mumbled. But it was more like a question. 

Minwoo's eyebrows knitted as soon as he saw Chanyeol and Chaeyoung holding hands.

"What?" Chanyeol questioned. Then he felt Chaeyoung tugging her hand away from him. 

"Oh sorry dara." He said rubbing the nape of his neck awkwardly. Chaeyoung shrugged with a nonchalant expression. When really she felt-- well no one knows what she really feels. 

Minwoo stood up and walked to the front gate, where his car was oddly outside the gate instead of the normal spot he parks the car. 

The got in the car and Minwoo started the engine before driving away. 

"The guys don't know you're here right?" 

From the back seat, Chaeyoung could see Chanyeol shaking his head. Minwoo mumbled something and continued to drive away.

The road they were taking were somehow familiar to her. Minwoo was nagging on about being careful and all the usually stuff he usually says.

Then he pulled over at large gate, it was the back entrance of a theme park. The theme park that Clara sprained her ankle. 

"Remember 1 hour. I expect to see you guys here by 2." Minwoo said looking at Chanyeol. 

"And Chaeyoung,"

"Nae?" Chaeyoung said looking at the back of Minwoo's head. Minwoo looked at Chaeyoung through the mirror with a serious face.

"If Chanyeol start to do anything fishy, just hit him until he dies. I'll be your alibi." He ended his sentence with a wink and a chuckle.

Chanyeol whined saying that Minwoo was supposed to be on his side, not Chaeyoung. And protested that he was a nice person and Chaeyoung wasn't his type anyway.

"Okay alright stop whining!" Minwoo said throwing his hand in the air to surrender before shoving Chanyeol out of the car. 

Chaeyoung got out of the car too, and thanked Minwoo for the ride. The both watched Minwoo zoomed away from the park. 

Chanyeol had his cap low, and his hood on. "Come on now."

Chaeyoung trailed behind him like a little puppy as he told the bodyguard something. The bodyguard smiled and nodded, "Ah~ Yes yes go on. Just come out after an hour." 

He opened the small gate and let the two teenagers in black through. 
"Thank you." They both thanked the security at the same time.

Chaeyoung followed Chanyeol in silence for a few minutes before breaking the silence, "You know this doesn't count as an adventure when the security guy just let you in okay." 

Chanyeol paused and waited for Chaeyoung to catch up with him before walking beside her. He rubbed the nape of his neck, "To be honest, I thought of renting out this place for Ara but then we broke up."

"Oh." Chaeyoung said a little disappointed. So it wasn't for her, she just happened to be there.

"But after seeing you risking your life trying to help Ara out here that other day. I thought 'why just reserve this beautiful place for youngie instead'" He said spreading his arms and twirling around. 

Chaeyoung laughed, "You look stupid like that." 

"You know it's no biggie really. She is my cousin. She's like a sister to me. " She continued while looking at her pink sneakers.

"Plus it's not like I could have died trying to get help from you guys." She added, looking at Chanyeol who has stopped twirling and was feeling a bit dizzy.

"I need to warn you, I get dizzy easily." He said grabbing Chaeyoung's arm for support.

"Dumb giant." Chaeyoung mumbled with a smirk.

"What did you say?" Chanyeol asked letting go of her arm and glared at her.

She shrugged and smiled innocently, "You're a dumb giant." 

She laughed and ran from the tall giraffe-like guy who was chasing her while threatening to crush her with his giant feet. 

He caught her in no time and threw her across his shoulder, "No young one I'm not going to let you down after you said I'm a dumb giant." 

"But you are a dumb giant!" She protested in between laughs.

"Now let me down before I fall and I die and you have to go to prison for killing me!" She joked while laughing and hitting Chanyeol's back once. 

"Why are your punches and hits so strong for a shortie like you." He said letting her down. Chanyeol rubbed his back and pouted.

Chaeyoung scoffed before walking away, "you're such a weakling." 

She could hear Chanyeol protest saying he was not a weakling. She ignored him and continued to walk away with a smile. 
 



"Ferris wheel?" Chaeyoung asked looking at Chanyeol with an unimpressed expression.

"It's fun!" He assured her and shoved her into the blue cab that was ready for them. The worker, a guy about a few years older than them with bumblegum pink smiled and closed the door, reminding them to keep their safety belts on before walking away to start the ride.

Chaeyoung closed her eyes and mumbled somethings under her breath. It sounded like she was cursing, probably at the guy seating across her.

"You're not scared of heights are you?" Chanyeol teased as the ride started. Chaeyoung's face looked paler than usual. 

"Not. At. All." Chaeyoung said cockily. Chanyeol rolled his eyes and face palmed himself, "Oh no, I've caught the Lee Chaeyoung virus!"

Chaeyoung punched his arms jokingly, "Yah!" 

She might made it sound like she was offended, but she was smiling.
Then the blue cab suddenly started to sway and Chaeyoung shrieked and shut her eyes. She was gripping on the seat so tightly and was mumbling to herself.

Chanyeol caught the words that were meant for herself, "It'll be okay. It's normal." She repeated the words over and over.

"Dara-ah." Chanyeol called out, his voice was calm and soft. 

Chaeyoung opened her eyes slowly and Chanyeol guessed that she had peeked outside because she immediately looked at her toes after she squeaked a "What?"

"You're scared of heights aren't you?" He said in a tone that wasn't for teasing her. 

Chaeyoung answered with a slow, "No. It's just."

She looked up at Chanyeol and smiled. Chanyeol looked worried, his impossibly huge eyes was extra big , his teasing grin was no where to be seen.

"Ay~ Yeol-da you actually care about me ay~" She teased but then the ferris wheel stopped and their cab was at the top of the huge circle. Chaeyoung peeked outside and could see the whole park from there. 

"If we fall we'll surely die." She mumbled before looking back at her shoes.

Chanyeol chuckled, "So much for teasing me. You should have told me you can't do heights."  

She was about to snap at him when the cab began to sway again, Chaeyoung whimpered and held on to the sit to the point where her knuckles started to turn white.

A part of Chanyeol enjoyed looking at the destructible Lee Chaeyoung  
frightened but he was mostly worried and felt sorry for her. 

"Do you want me to sit beside you?" He stood up making the cab sway faster, Chaeyoung shook her head as fast as she could, "Sitdownsitdownsitdown." 

He tried not to smile at Chaeyoung's reaction. It was somehow cute how she instructed him to sit in a high pitched voice and in one breath. Chanyeol sat down obediently and observed the girl who was sitting across the cab. 

"You don't like how it sways do you?" 

Chaeyoung answered with a quiet nod. She was still hanging on her dear life to the cushion of the seat she was sitting on. She pressed her legs together and was staring at her own feet. He could see her tapping her feet slowly, trying to distract herself. Chanyeol spread his long legs and touched hers with his. 

It somehow released the tension she felt and felt a bit relax. She could feel his presence and was calmed down by that. She mumbled a thanks, still unable to look at Chanyeol as the cab was still swaying .

"You sure you don't want to look outside? It's really pretty." He said but really he wasn't sure how it looked like outside. He had been staring her all this while. She sighed and peeked out the window, "It is. The lights are really beautiful." 

Chanyeol diverted his attention from her to the direction she was looking at. Indeed, the lights of the theme park looked so beautiful from a far, and the fact there was no one down there brought a feeling of calmness to the people who were watching.

"You know back at home I like to sneak outside the house around this hour and go to this hill where we could see the whole town. " Chaeyoung was starting to forget about the swaying cab and told him with a smile.

"Alone?" He questioned. She nodded and continued, "I like watching city lights after midnight. It's less hectic than the day. I have a friend who works at my father's office as a security guard. When he gets the night shifts, he'll let me in and watch the view up there if i slip him 10 bucks or so."

Then the ferris wheel started to move again. Chaeyoung started to tense again, this time to distract herself she was chewing on her bottom lip. 

Chanyeol looked outside as they descend to the ground occasionally updating her on how long he'll think they'll arrive. 

When they got down they thanked the guy in charge. The guy told Chanyeol to wait as he shut down the ride and asked where they were heading next.

"It's up to her." Chanyeol said patting Chaeyoung's back.

"Erm the nearest ride is?" Chaeyoung was looking around for the next ride in sight.

"The carousel." The guy, Taehyuck, as what it is written on his nametag answered while smacking his gum.

"Is the rollercoaster far?" Chaeyoung asked walking slowly. She didn't really want to trouble the two men just because she wanted to ride the rollercoaster.

Taehyuck smiled, "The fastest one here is just a few metres away."

And as if he could read Chaeyoung's mind he added, "Don't worry about me following you two. I don't get tired, plus the job pays big bucks thanks to Chanyeol here."

Chanyeol's cheek flushed red as he shrugged and slung his arm over the shorter guy's shoulder, "Ay hyung. Not at all." 

The older guy chuckled and looked over at Chaeyoung, "He even told me to keep some churros and popcorn for you."

"Hyung!" Chanyeol covered Taehyuck's mouth with his giant palms. Chaeyoung laughed at Taehyuck's muffled cries and Chanyeol's tries to keep the older one quiet.

Taehyuck succeeded escaping from Chanyeol and ran beside Chaeyoung, where it was safer.

 "Chanyeol is trying really hard to impress you." He whispered before running off while shouting for the two cy's to follow him.

"He's such a pain in the ." Chanyeol complained. 

She laughed and patted the taller one's back in sympathy, "So how often do you bring girls here that even the workers know you?" She teased with a cheeky smile.

"You're the first one! I swear!" He protested, too loud. She hushed him and laughed while raising one of her eyebrows, "Ayy liar~"

"It's true! Really! I know Taehyuck hyung because we come from the same neighborhood." He explained, a rush of panic visible on his face.

Chaeyoung laughed and ran after Taehyuck, "Wait for me! Chanyeol is a weird lying giant." 

"Yah!" Chanyeol shouted in frustration before messing up his own hair.


"So you're not even a bit scared to ride this? Eventhough you almost your ing pants on the ferris wheel?" Chanyeol asked Chaeyoung who had a big grin on her face and had been shouting for Taehyuck to start the rollercoaster out of excitement.

"Not a bit!" She grinned at Chanyeol, she didn't even bother denying the fact that she was frightened out of her skin when the ferris wheel swayed. For the past 15 days they had known each other, Chanyeol had never seen Chaeyoung this happy and excited. Her grin was starting to frighten him, maybe she lost her mind when she got of the ferris wheel. They were sitting in front and the car started to move. Chanyeol groaned and tried to distract himself with happy thoughts. 

They started to ascend upwards, making Chanyeol curl his toes, knowing what would happen. Everyone knows the slower the rollercoaster goes, the nearer they get to the scary, blood pumping part of the ride.

Chanyeol sneaked a look at the girl sitting beside him, she had the same wide grin and was waiting for the slope. 

She looked at him, "Are you scared?" 

There wasn't a hint of mocking in her voice. Chanyeol tried to play it cool and shrugged. But then they arrived at the slope, both of them started to scream, she was screaming out of joy, the adrenaline rushing through her body on the other hand, he was screaming out of fear, feeling like his soul was flying away from his body. Unconsciously, his hand found her's, she could feel his hand tremble in fear and rubbed her thumbs across his.

Chanyeol felt a warm feeling flow through out his body, from his head  to his toe, when Chaeyoung squeezed his hand and shouted, "Chanyeol-ah enjoy the moment!" 

After what it felt like a lifetime of toture for him, it finally came to an end. He exhaled a breath of relief and buried his face into his palms, Chaeyoung heard a muffled scream coming from him. She laughed and patted his back. 

"Funny giant, this isn't even frightening!" She said as she tug at Chanyeol sleeves.

"I have never felt like this before." Chanyeol said as she helped Chaeyoung out of the car. She laughed and called him a scaredy cat but the truth is, he wasn't talking about the roller coaster, he was talking about holding hands with Chaeyoung. 

They patiently waited for the older guy to shut down everything outside the fence. 

"So the spinning cups ?" Chanyeol asked nodding towards the colourful human size cups, just around the corner.

"If you vomit on my clothes I'll kill you and will get away with Minwoo Oppa's alibi." Chaeyoung said with a smirk. She laughed when Chanyeol's face turned sour and poked his waist, trying to make smile. Chanyeol glared at her, ignoring her efforts.

Now if this happened about 2 weeks ago, Chaeyoung will end up getting mad at him who didn't even showed effort to get along with her, and he would be the grumpy Park Chanyeol, listing reasons to hate her. Even though some of it doesn't make sense. (Like how Chaeyoung adores Rilakkuma is wrong because he liked Rilakkuma first.)

But this was 2 weeks after they met, about 10 days after they made the deal. And Chanyeol was not as mad as he used to be at Baekhyun, and is now no longer grumpy all the time. He was slowly getting over Clara too. And Chaeyoung no longer lives her life with the motto, 'I'm better when people are away from me.' and she was no longer as tense as she was when she first met Chanyeol. But the two teenagers who were both dressed in black, liked the same type of ice cream and both have a large collection of Rilakkuma didn't realize the changes. They could only see each other's changes but not their self.

So instead of glaring at Chanyeol or walking away from him, Chaeyoung pouted with her head tilted slightly, "Yeol-da. You look cuter when you smile." 

Chanyeol tried to hold his expressionless face but couldn't help but to smile at Chaeyoung's praise. He was about to say something when Taehyuck appeared from behind them, asking them their next destination. Chaeyoung told him about their interest in the spinning cups and walked away with him, leaving Chanyeol behind.

Chanyeol huffed and pouted as he trailed behind the two, "Taehyuck hyung always butting into my business." He mumbled. The two was busy chatting about the attractions at the park to even hear Chanyeol's mumble and frequent sighs. 
 



HEY LOOK I UPDATED AGAIN WOHOO
I might be going on a trip on NY's Eve
And school starts on the fifth.. *bitter smile*
I found out that my MID cd is broken *sobs like crazy*
Oh and if you're still reading this (probably not) comment down below if you want more of CYCY or ClaraChae or BaekYeol 

xx il_eun 
151227 
p/s: BAEKHYUN LOOKS SO GOOD WITH BLACK HAIR WAIT HE ALWAYS LOOK DAMN FLYY