Chapter 16 : Slowly Healing

The Ice Princess's Mission to Heal Chanyeol's Heart

"How many packs of Honey Butter chips are you going to buy?" Minwoo asked raising an eyebrow looking at the amount of chips Chanyeol just tossed into the trolley.

"I'm paying, hyung. It's not like I'm asking for your money." Chanyeol answered. Kai picked up another type of chips from the opposite rack and tossed it to Chanyeol. "Catch!" Chanyeol managed to catch it and grinned, "I'm cool." 

Kai rolled his eyes and mocked Chanyeol.

"You guys are pigs." Minwoo said shaking his head.

Kai hushed his manager, "Hyung, Chanyeol's paying. Just take something. You like food as much as we do." 

Chanyeol nodded in agreement, "Yeah."

Minwoo grinned, "Really?"

Chanyeol nodded and spread his arms out wide, "Go on."

Minwoo cheered and pushed the trolley his favourite section of the supermarket, the ice cream section.

"Isn't he suppose to walk behind us?" Baekhyun asked with a chuckle, "So much for protecting us."

"Erm, duhh. Don't you know? Ice cream is soooo much more important than us." Kai said before laughing and high-fiving Baekhyun.

"I see that you caught the Cassandra Lee disease." Baekhyun said in between laughs as they walk towards Minwoo and the love of his life, ice cream. Chanyeol was walking behind them quietly. Ever since they left the house, he hasn't said anything to Baekhyun except for "Take that juice for Joonmyun hyung."

And he said that because he was forced to. He was already holding 6 different bottles and couldn't take it himself and Kai was with Minwoo at the end of isle. He had no choice but to ask for Baekhyun's help. He couldn't help to feel a little bit jealous when Baekhyun made his stupid puns to Kai and joked around with Kai. And when he joked around with Kai he couldn't help but to wonder if Baekhyun was jealous too.

"Chanyeol-ah! Can hyung buy this ice cream?" Minwoo said with a wide smile. Chanyeol knew the ice cream was quite expensive but he didn't mind paying for it. Minwoo deserves it, after all that he had been through to take care of the boys and him. "Sure hyung."

Minwoo cheered and gave him a hug, "Park Chanyeol! Have I ever told you that you're my favourite?!"

Kai chuckled while Baekhyun faked a hurt expression, "I thought it was me?! Hyunggg"

Minwoo hushed and shooed Baekhyun away, "Who are you? I don't even know you."

What Chanyeol did next was not expected by any of them. Chanyeol laughed and joined Minwoo to shoo away Baekhyun. "Yah, Minwoo Hyung loves me more than you. Face it." 

Baekhyun blinked a couple of times puzzled and half-relieved that Chanyeol starting to talk to him again. "A-a-ah. But I'm better than you are." Baekhyun tried to fool around like he used to do with Chanyeol. Chanyeol just faked an annoyed expression and shrugged. 

Kai changed the topic, "Come on and let's pay for this and go buy bubble tea for Sehun."

"I mean. Come on and let Chanyeol pay." He corrected himself with a playful grin. Chanyeol chuckled, "I thought you were going to pay for it instead."

"Over my dead body." Kai replied.

"Boys. I don't want my precious ice cream to melt. Hurry up." Minwoo said hitting all three of them before hugging the ice cream close to his chest.

"You should marry that ice cream, hyung." Baekhyun teased. 


"Why in the world would you buy a flipflop? A pink one too." Kai said with his eyebrows knitted together as he watch the cashier put a pink flipflop into a plastic bag.

"Lee Chaeyoung." Chanyeol answered plainly.

Kai was still lost until he remembered something. He then chuckled and patted his tall friend's back. "So you finally decided to buy her a new one."

"Forced to." Chanyeol corrected. "I quote, 'If  you don't replace my flipflops I'll shave your hair in your sleep, Yeol-da.'" Chanyeol as usually used a high-pitched voice to mock Chaeyoung.

"Yeol-da." Kai chuckled. Chanyeol rolled his eyes and gave his credit card to the cashier. Baekhyun and Minwoo was collecting the plastic bags, "Kim Jongin, grab some plastic bags will ya." 

Kai took a few plastic bags silently and they waited for Chanyeol. Chanyeol too took some plastic bags. "Wow. We bought a lot."

"You just realised that?" Minwoo asked as they walked to their car.

Before going back home, they bought bubble teas for everyone that Minwoo somehow ended up paying for and chicken for dinner. Their arrival back at home were welcomed warmly by the others. Because of the food ofcourse.

"Thank you for dinner, hyung~" Sehun said before digging into his dinner. 

"Thank you Chanyeol." They all chimed. Chaeyoung too mumbled a low "Thanks".

 Chanyeol beamed happily and was naturally walking towards the empty spot between Clara and D.O when he caught Chaeyoung looking at him. Chaeyoung shook her head, disapproving what Chanyeol is going to do next. Chanyeol stopped and looked at the 8 people sitting on the floor in a circle. The only place left for him to seat apart from beside Clara was in between Chaeyoung and Baekhyun. 

Chaeyoung understood what Chanyeol was thinking and moved to the empty spot beside Baekhyun. Now, Chanyeol could seat in between Chaeyoung and Suho. Chanyeol sat beside Chaeyoung and smiled at her and whispered, "Thanks Pororo. I appreciate it."

Chaeyoung glared at him, "Don't call me pororo." 

Chanyeol grinned and patted her head, "Pororo."

Chaeyoung sighed and silently put a piece of chicken into a paper plate before giving it to Chanyeol. "Stuff your face so I don't need to hear your annoying voice."

"D'aww thank you Dara-ya." 

Chaeyoung just rolled her eyes and continued to eat.

Clara who happened to look at the two smiled a little looking at their interaction. Baekhyun too had noticed it. He felt a little pang of sadness when Chanyeol doubted sitting beside him, but Chanyeol looked happy, and for once, Chanyeol actually doesn't care about Clara.


Heyyyyyy

Comment down if you're still reading this ty fic.

tumblr_lihuoopquq1qzh5sno1_500.gif

ChanBaek ChanBaek ChanBaek

tumblr_inline_n3mtyhBUT71r7x93l.gif

 

il_eun

150219

p/s: please subscribe and upvote~ <3 <3