Chapter 25 : The Adventures of ChanChaeBaek

The Ice Princess's Mission to Heal Chanyeol's Heart

29th July, Wednesday

The night was peaceful as ever as the two cousins were in deep sleep. The blue walled room was dark, with only the glow in the dark stars as the only source of light. There were no noise except for the sound of the squeaking fan which--

Ding!

And that beeping sound coming from Chaeyoung's phone (that is always on full volume because she's secretly deaf) inticating a message is waiting to be read. Now if this was during normal hours, no one would have heard the noise, but it's 1 am and everyone's asleep that one ding sounded like bomb blasting.

Ding!

The younger cousin rolled over, eyes still closed and slapped the older cousin blindly, missing her face by a few centimeters, hitting her neck instead. She whined asking the older female to make the torturous sound stop so she could sleep in peace. The older female rolled over to the opposite side and groaned, covering her face with a pillow, trying to block the real world out of her dreamland.

Ding!

Ding!

Ding!

"Alright alright!" She mumbled to herself as her she slides her right hand under her pillow with her eyes closed, trying to find her phone. She sweared under her breath that she will kill the person texting her as soon as she wakes up.

"Ergh." She groaned as she covered her eyes with her slender fingers as soon as she unlocked the phone. The light from the phone was too bright for her eyes, even though she was positive the brightness was on the dimmest setting. "Are you kidding me?" She complained as she typed a reply. She was too lazy to do anything, plus it was 1 am.

She grumbled before getting out of bed, eyes still close as she sluggishly guided herself to the corner of the dark room where her stuff are. She picked up some random particles of clothes and changed ignoring the fact that she might commit a huge fashion crime. She did well walking around the room with only her phone as her light source. Before exiting the room, she the night light on, just in case her cousin wakes up with a nightmare. It'll be better if the lights are on to make sure Clara's not traumatized (though she doubted it as The Kim Jinmyun sleeps like a dead man and a log combined.) and plus, Clara will complain because she turned off the lights without telling Clara earlier that night.


Chanyeol waited impatiently, leaning against the railing of the second floor stairs of the three storey house. He smirked as soon as he saw the silhouette of the girl he's been waiting for, she was yawning as she walked down the stairs, combing her hair. In her other hand was a small black back pack. He looked at her from top to toe and shot her one of his judging looks, her socks were mismatched, one with blue penguins on it, the other with pink hearts. Dispite all of that, she still looked effortless as she went down the stairs, towards where Chanyeol was standing.

"Lol you look ridiculous." He half-whispered with a smug expression. He heard her defending herself, saying he was the ridiculous one, wanting to sneak out of the house when his arm is broken. He ignored her and hushed her instead.

They reached the lowest floor and was about to sneak into the kitchen when they heard the sound of running water from the sink. Quick-witted Chaeyoung was too sleepy to react, but Chanyeol was panicking and pushed poor Chaeyoung behind the piano. Luckily her instincts were still awake and working, she somehow managed to land in a safe and quiet way.

But he was still going circles, trying to find a place for himself to hide. Baekhyun comes out of the kitchen with his messy black hair, yawning. Chanyeol quickly poses, resting his arm on the railing of the stairs acting 'natural.' He had a non-chalant expression, "Hey Baek."

Chaeyoung who could see everything clearly from behind the piano, face-palmed herself, "Very smooth."

Baekhyun looked at him weirdly, "Okay....hi? Where are you going?"

"'Me? Oh, I just wanted some water." He said grinning innocently.

Baekhyun laughed before staring at his friend, "Seriously. You got dressed to drink a glass of water?"

Chanyeol looked down to look what he was wearing. Well maybe a pair of black jeans, shirt and hat is a little overdressed for drinking water at the kitchen at 1 in the morning. Chaeyoung rolled her eyes as she hid behind the piano, noting to herself to tell Clara how dusty it is under there. It was starting to bother her sensetive nose and she had to control herself from sneezing.

"So tomorrow I don't have to get dressed. Saves a whole lot of time." Chanyeol answered with a casual shrug. 

Baekhyun frowned and looked at his taller friend with one of his 'I-am-not-buying-your-excuse-because-i'm-not-stupid' look. "Chanyeol you bette--"

"Ah-choo!" Chaeyoung couldn't control her need to sneeze anymore, letting out this super high-pitched voice. Chanyeol his teeth, cursing Chaeyoung mentally.

"Bless you piano." Baekhyun said with a teasing smile.

"Thanks." She replied, loud enough for the two boys to hear, followed by another high-pitched sneeze.

"Hey Chanyeol did you know pianos can sneeze? And say thanks?" Baekhyun said wiggling his eyebrows as he teased the taller guy.

Chanyeol did not want to give up, so he shrug nonchantlantly like it was not big deal, "Maybe the hyungs upgrade to a new robotic piano."

"Super smooth Yeol-da." Chaeyoung complained.

Baekhyun laughed as he walked around the piano and helped Chaeyoung up, "I can't believe you let Chaechae here act as a robotic piano." 

Chaeyoung grabbed Baekhyun's outstretched hand and stood up. She dusted her clothes and sat down at the paino bench, to sleepy to pay attention at the boys' feud. 

"I'm coming with you two ninjas." Baekhyun announced as he pushed pass Chanyeol to go to his room. 

"You are not!" Chanyeol hissed.

"Or I'll tell the others." Baekhyun fought back with a smirk. Chanyeol groaned and told him to be ready in 5 minutes. Baekhyun cheered silently and danced a short dance rountine he likes to call 'the taste of victory' before running up to his room.


"Baekhyun's coming along?" Minwoo questioned as Chaeyoung entered the backdoor.

"Don't. Ask." Chanyeol announced bitterly as he closed the front door as gentle as he could to avoid making noises.

Baekhyun grinned and greeted the older male, "Hello~" 

Minwoo chuckled as drove the three teenagers who are dressed in all black (except for Chaeyoung who had worn a blue distressed jeans and pink sport shoes) to their destination, "Baekhyun you're ruining a date."

"It's not a date!" Chanyeol protested with a glare.

"Okay!" Minwoo chuckled along with Baekhyun. Chaeyoung was too busy smoothering out her hair to notice anything.

After a few minutes, thanks to the smooth traffic at 1 something am, they arrived at what it seemed like a night market. Long rows of stalls were open, despite the time the crowd was pretty big. Baekhyun clapped gleefully, imagining all the delicious food waiting for him while Minwoo nagged the three teenagers to stay close. If he could, he wanted to cuff all three of them together so they wouldn't get lost.

Or maybe put them on leashes, their traits do replicate dogs. And so Minwo lead Chanyeol the Great Dane, Baekhyun the Beagle and Chaeyoung the Pekingese into the huge crowd as they got excited looking at the unique and great stuff. Some of the stuff were pretty ordinary, but being the three puppies, the got excited anyway (of course Chaeyoung tried to play cool but everyone could see the spark in her eyes when she saw the amount of desserts being sold there.)

They stopped at a chocolate fountain stall and each got a stick of desserts, Baekhyun settled for strawberries, while the others choosed marshmallow and crackers. While waiting for their chocolatey deliciousness, Baekhyun discovered an accesory stall, beside the chocolate fountain stall.

"Hey that's nice."

"The black one's nice." Baekhyun and Chanyeol said at the same time as they both reached for the same hat. Both of them refused to let go of the hat as they glared at each other.

"I saw them first." Chanyeol hissed.

"No i did." Baekhyun hissed back.

"I'm getting it."

"Well I'm getting it also."

"No you're not! Because I'm buying it!"

"Erm I'm going to buy that drink over there okay?" Chaeyoung tucked on Chanyeol's sleeve as she pointed at an opposite stall. Minwoo had told them to inform each other before going somewhere else. And she didn't feel like disturbing Minwoo who was paying for their desserts.

"Yeah. But my point is I saw them first!" Chanyeol said without looking over at Chaeyoung.

"Okay! We can both buy the same hat!" Baekhyun protested. The hat really looked nice, and he really really wanted to buy it

"I don't want to have the same hat with you! It'll look like a couple hat!"

"It doesn't!"

"It does!"

"Who cares?!"

"I do!"

"But people won't even--"

"Okay let's go." Minwoo said slapping Chanyeol's back. They walked away from the stall, both not buying the cap and  believing that Chaeyoung was following them. But really Chaeyoung was still lining up for her drink and did not notice her group leaving.


"Young-ah!" Chanyeol shouted full of concern as he, Minwoo and Baekhyun pushed their way out of the crowd to a less crowded area.

"I think we left her back at the chocolate stall." Baekhyun stated as he tiptoed to see over the crowd. "But she might have gone forward without us noticing." He added.

Chanyeol looked so worried as he scanned the faces in the crowd for that one familiar girl in her pink sport shoes. If only he and Baekhyun did not fight over the petty caps and lost Chaeyoung to the crowd. 

"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have come!" He shouted angrily as he pushed Baekhyun's shoulder roughly. The latter staggered a few steps back and glared at the taller guy. His face was red as he boiled with anger and was about to push him back when Minwoo got in between them and pushed them apart. 

"You two reckless kids are both at fault! Now you to go back and look for that princess while solving your petty problems with each other. I'll go to the opposite side. We'll meet here okay? " He directed sternly, looking at both of the boys. His usual smile was replaced with a frown.

It was both of their fault. They both did not pay attention to what Chaeyoung say, both being selfish, only thinking about the cap they wanted badly. 

It took slow 'yes'es and obidient nods from both of the boys to make him leave to find the missing girl. Chanyeol glared at the shorter male, obviously still not happy about what had happened, "Call. Her."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes in annoyance, but dialed the said girl's temporary number anyway. They walked on the curb where there are less people walking, the taller male leading them to the previous chocolate stall. They walked and walked but couldn't see any signs of the missing girl. Chanyeol paused and stopped Baekhyun in his tracks, "That's the stall, no?"

Baekhyun looked at the said stall, "Yeah." He walked to the stall where they last recalled seeing Chaeyoung. Chanyeol observed Baekhyun as he approched the middle aged woman, talked and exchanged smiles with each other. 

"According to her, Chae went that way." The shorter male said, pointing at one of the empty roads where most of the stalls are closed down. The road was pretty small compared to the others and lead to four different alleys. Chanyeol struggled to take out his phone from his front pocket. Baekhyun stopped the taller guy and volunteered to call Chaeyoung again.

They walked a little closer to the alleys and stood there hoping to hear and see any clues that will lead them to Lee Chaeyoung. On the first dial, they heard Chaeyoung's ringtone coming from the last alley, and a man's laugh. He sounded drunk to Baekhyun. Chanyeol ran towards the alley, Baekhyun catching up with him. 

"." Chanyeol muttered as he hid behind one of the dumpsters. Chaeyoung was cornered by two men. Weirdly, she seemed calm unlike Chanyeol who was panicking and looking for some kind of protection, a stick, an old bat, anything. He wasn't really in the shape to save anyone with his broken arm. Baekhyun didn't bother to hide, the two men were facing Chaeyoung, their backs to Baekhyun. He goes towards them as quiet as a mouse, Chanyeol trailing behind with a long broken branch he managed to find in one of the dumpsters. 

Chaeyoung saw them and had this weird telephaty eye contact thingy going on with Baekhyun (Chanyeol was to determined to hit one of the guys to even see Chaeyoung looking at then). "You don't talk much do you little missy?" One of the men slurred, followed by a loud laugh from his friend. She ignored him and nodded to Baekhyun, a signal they somehow agreed on without talking.

Without wasting time, Baekhyun screamed and kicked the guy who previously called Chaeyoung 'little missy', while Chaeyoung saw her chance and kicked the other man right at his private part. The man was too probably too drunk or shocked by Baekhyun's sudden attack to interprete Chaeyoung's kick . Chaeyoung's attack had caught Chanyeol off guard as well, he just stood there, his mouth slightly agape. Both of the man was on the ground, whimping in pain. Baekhyun told the other two to run as he took off from the alley. Chaeyoung grabbed Chanyeol's arm and dragged the still frozen guy along.


The crowd slowed them down, but they made it at the place they promised to meet Minwoo in an impressive time. At first they were all gasping for air and all serious but then Chaeyoung started to burst into laughter. They all laughed for no reason, leaning against each other for support. 

"ChaeBaek is the new superhero duo." Baekhyun announced as he high-fived his girlfriend's cousin. 

Chanyeol frowned and whined, "What about me?"

"You just stood there!"

"Yeah!" The new otp, ChaeBaek said, as they fist-bumped each other.

"Hey! I have a broken arm!" Chanyeol protesting, glaring at the two shorter teenagers.

Chaeyoung shot him one of her famous judging looks, "Even if you're arm is okay, you won't do any saving, Park Chanyeol."

They stayed there fighting over who kicked the drunk guys better, Baekhyun or Chaeyoung and how Chanyeol was just really useless there. By the time Minwoo arrived at the meeting spot, they settled with how all three of them did contribute something, they were a team. They were laughing as they made plans  for their next mission.

"What are you three brats happy about?"

"We'll tell you on the way home." Baekhyun answered as he slapped his manager's back playfully. They laughed as Minwoo looked at them suspiciously and walked back to the car.


"And so the amazing superhero trio ChanChaeBaek," Chanyeol paused and looked at his manager on his left, "and their handsome, strong, realible head of heroes, Minwoo"

"Okay true. Go on." Minwoo said earning giggles from Chaeyoung and snorting from Baekhyun.

Chanyeol grinned as he continued, "went back to Exo-Headquarters and lived happily ever after where they stayed handsome and cool," He paused and looked at Chaeyoung from the rear-view mirror with a smile, "Oh and the Chae stayed adorable yet bratty like always."

"Hey!" Chaeyoung protested, but she had a smile too. Baekhyun had his teasing smile on but didn't say anything and kept his teasing to himself. 

"The Adventures of ChanChaeBaek will resume airing next week." Minwoo added.

"That's so cheesy." Baekhyun shuddered.

"We're too good for television, oppa." Chaeyoung agreed, shuddering along with Baekhyun.

Minwoo rolled his eyes, "You three kids are only good for children television."


YAY ANOTHER WORD VOMIT

so i was watching youtube while i brushed my teeth,

and my iphone fell into a bucket of water.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

but i'm pretty lucky and blessed because after almost 4 days of burying my phone in rice (lol)

it's fine now <3

xx ileun

160123

P/s : Excuse the mistakes, this is not an edited chapter. Do leave a comment <3