chapter 24 : Just Keep Denying

The Ice Princess's Mission to Heal Chanyeol's Heart

27th July, Monday

"Yeol-da~" Chaeyoung chimed as she opened the door and entered the room. A bright smile was visible on her makeup-less face, her hair was in a top bun, her clothes was still simple as ever, a grey tank top and a slouchy white cardigan and Chanyeol thought that she pulled off the lazy look. He wondered if there is a look Chaeyoung can't pull off.

"Good Morning Youngie." He replied, beaming at her, if smiles could blind people, Lee Chaeyoung would be blind in matters of second. She smiled and walked towards his bed and swatted his legs, asking him to make space for her.

He moved his long legs a little, but it was no use, the bed was too small. Chaeyoung shrugged and took of her pink flip-flops, sitting on the bed with her legs crossed, facing Chanyeol. 

They sat like that for awhile, looking at each other wordlessly like how they did three nights ago, in front of the stairs back at home. He liked how her right knee was rested on top of his right leg, because of the lack of space on the bed. Even the small contact with her made him feel giddy inside.

She squinted her eyes, observing his handsome face, "Did you sleep yesterday? You look tired." 

He nodded and copied her action, "Are you okay? Your hair is a mess." 

She frowned and smacked his left arm, "I came here early in the morning for you okay!"

He chuckled and patted her head, like how someone would do to their pet, "Aigooo~ Thank you~" 

She rolled her eyes but she continued to let him pat her head. He grinned and turn to his attention to the plastic bag she was holding.

"What's that?" 

She smiled and took out the items out, "I heard someone was hungry on a livestream earlier today." 

His eyes widened in surprise, but it was a good kind of surprise, "You watched?" 

She nodded and took of the lid of the four containers, "Pancakes from scratch , syrup, scrambled egg plus toast."

He was smiling so wide, his face started to hurt, "Did you cook all of this?"

She looked at him with a proud smile, "I did. Clara and Baekhyun helped to pack them. " 

"But really it's just scrambled eggs and pancakes." She added shrugging, it was no big deal. Anyone could make them.

He didn't care, he just felt so happy he felt like he was flying above the clouds, soaring through the clouds. Not only she had seen his 20 minutes life stream for his fans, she also cooked breakfast for him after founding out that he was hungry.

He thanked her, still smiling like a mad person and dug into his breakfast. She chuckled looking at how fast and messy he was eating.

"You know it's really sweet how you did  a live stream when you're sick."
She said.

"I hawd to apowlogizwed." He mumbled, mouthful of pancake. To his surprise, the pancakes were pretty good. He had syrup dripping over his mouth, like a kindergartner.

She shook her head with a smile as she leaned in and wiped his messy face. "You're such a child." 

They sat in silence for a few minutes, Chanyeol stuffing his face, and Chaeyoung patiently waiting for him to finish his food. Occasionally she will politely refuse his offer to feed her some food. Partly because she had some cereal earlier, partly because it felt awkward for him to feed her. And she could imagine how displeased D.O will be if he finds out.

She packed the containers and put it on the floor, too lazy to get up from her comfortable position, "So," She said wiggling her eyebrows at him.

He frowned and laughed, puzzled with what she was trying to say, "Breakfast was good thank you." 

She squinted her eyes, "Ayy no, what stage of a break up are you?"

"Eh?" Chanyeol blinked a couple times, unable to process the question in his head.

She sighed and hit her own head, grumbling it hurts after. He frowned and mumbled how weird she is before rubbing her head, where she had previously hit herself. Chanyeol tried to hide the smile blooming on his lips. He thought she was silly, and he liked it better when she's like this. 

Or maybe he likes it better when she's all bubbly. Or maybe when she talks about deep stuff. Actually,  no one knows what he likes the most including himself.

She cleared , "There are a few stages of a break up. Number 1," 

She pointed her index finger to him, "The indenial. We try to deny the breakup and wait for our ex to come back to us or call us." 

He nodded, "Passed that one." 

"Okay good. The second one," She showed a peace sign and put it beside her eye, smiling cutely before changing her expression to her famous poker face. Chanyeol chuckled and shook his head, "You're a maniac." 

She ignored his statement and continued her explanation, "The depression state. Where every where we go, whatever we do, who ever we meet, reminds us of our ex." 

"What harsh times. " Chanyeol sighed thinking about how hard it was for him.

"I couldn't even eat because pizza was his favorite food. And spaghetti reminded me of him because he likes lady and the tramp." Chaeyoung agreed as she sighed along with Chanyeol. He chuckled and nudged her shoulder asking her to continue her explanation.

"That leads us to the third stage, the anger stage." She ended it with a dramatic pause before acting like she was mad. He couldn't handle his laughter and laughed so hard at her acting that he almost pushed her of the bed. 

"Sorry dara-ya." He said, tears of joy welling up in his eyes.

She only replied with a silent laugh before clearing , "Anyway during this stage you get mad at anything related to that person and blame everything on that person--"

"but--" Chanyeol tried to interrupt but she glared at him before making a loud "Shh!"

Chanyeol pretended to zip his lips and nodded at her, asking her to continue. 

"Well in some cases where that person is replaced, like you and me, we tend to get mad at the person who replaced us. Are you still in that stage?" She tilted her head slightly, looking at him for an answer.

He didn't need time to think for the answer, he was 100% sure, "Passed that one too. You can say that I'm over Ara."

Chaeyoung couldn't hide how surprised she is, she pulled Chanyeol into a hug, still being careful with his broken arm, "Yah! Finally! I'm so happy!"

He was crimson, startled by the hug, he could smell her scent, something like lemons and vanilla mixed in a good way. She was still going on about hoe happy she is for him, while he patted her back awkwardly. The thing was, he felt like stopping time and stay like that for hours,wrapped in her arms no matter how red his face is and how awkward he was responding to that hug.

She pulled back, grinning like crazy, "What made you snap to reality, finally ugh." She ended her sentence with a grunt and rolled her eyes.

The first thing that crossed his mind was, 'You.' but he had a little debate going on in his head. A part of him told him to tell her how he was starting to catch feelings for her, another part of him telling him to snap out of it, that it was just all temporary and he was just using her to move on from Clara. Whatever it was, she occupied his mind everyday since the cool summer night at the amusement park, "I guess time heals."

She nodded, but he could tell she was doubting him a little. She looked away, at the window before looking back at Chanyeol with a smile, he could tell it was an artificial smile, the smile she uses around everyone else, "Oh by the way it was really sweet of you to do a live stream even though you're currently sick."

"It's the least that I could do after i disappointed and worried them by not showing up at the concert. Plus, I'm invincible, nothing hurts me." He said proudly, puffing his chest a little.

She scoffed, but the annoyed expression didn't stay long, her lips formed a mischievous smile, "So then you won't feel this."She punched his fine arm and giggled.

"Yah!" Chanyeol shouted and glared at her.

"You said you don't feel anything!" She protested and pinched his thigh.

"Yah Lee Chaeyoung!" He said grabbing her wrist with his only working arm. With her free hand, she pinched his cheeks, and stucked her tongue out, teasing Chanyeol. He had no choice but to let go of her left wrist to smack her right hand away.Their laugh filled the gloomy hospital room as they continued with their little game, Chaeyoung doing everything she can to hit or pinch him and him trying to protect himself with only one arm.  

Soon enough they ended up having a tickle fight, the male at a disadvantage with one of his arm in a cast. Their laugh somehow blended perfectly together, like a sweet melody that could warm anyone's heart.


"What the?" Kris mumbled as the stood in front of Chanyeol's room, they could clearly hear Chanyeol and Chaeyoung laughing inside. Suho pushed the door open, and there was Chanyeol standing on the bed a blanket tied around his neck like a cape facing to the right where Chaeyoung was standing on the cream couch, her cardingan tied around her neck. He was holding a spoon and she was holding a fork. 

"What. Is. Happening. Here." Minwoo said staring at the two 18 year old, wide eyed.

Xiumin chuckled, "and we all worried Chanyeol was feeling down about not performing."

Tao scoffed and mumbled something about them being 7 year olds meanwhile Chen, Baekhyun, Kai, Clara, Sehun and Luhan were laughing like crazy at how ridiculous both of them looked. Kris, Lay and Suho were frowning, unable to process the thought of the two people even get along. D.O sighed with a sad smile as he pushed his way into the room.

Chaeyoung casually jumped off the couch like it was totally normal to stand on a couch while pretending to be superheroes. Chanyeol jumped and landed on his bottom on the bed like nothing happened and untied his 'cape'. "My point is Young-ah, a spoon will beat a fork in any battle. Without spoons you can't eat soup."

"We will continue this battle one day, tall one." She said with a warm smile, directed only to him before turning to look at the 15 people who had somehow stuffed themselves in the other side of the room, her artificial smile was visible. She said a simple hi to everyone in the room. 

"Since your battle is over I want to take back my cousin that you stole from me." Clara said to Chanyeol before waving goodbye to him and wishing him to get well soon. She signaled the older girl to leave the room with her. Chaeyoung looked at Chanyeol who was pouting, she waved at him, "Don't miss me, tall one."

"I won't, young one." The tone he was using was a very sarcastic tone but his face was shining with happiness. She caught D.O staring at her, on the way out of the room she whispered to D.O as she passed him, "I don't want to hurt him, promise."

As soon the girls left, everyone fussed over Chanyeol asking how he was, and how he felt. 

"Most importantly, Park Chanyeol, tall one, what the hell is happening between you and Chaeyoung?" Baekhyun asked, a little too loud. The room filled with chattering agreeing with Baekhyun and Tao whining about how annoying Chaeyoung is.

"Nothing is happening!"

"Yeah~ Right~ You know I think Joonmyun Hyung is starting to get annoyed because we keep dating his family members." Baekhyun joked, putting his arm over Suho's shoulder. Suho rolled his eyes and told them that it was annoying how his real family and his other 'family' are dating.

"But I'm not dating her! I don't even like her!"

"Of course you don't, tall one." Jongdae quipped. They all laughed as Chanyeol continued to deny his feelings.


Hello. 

I present to you a 2085 word vomit @ 3:25 am

Okay byebye.

xx, il_eun

160117