Chapter 23 : Lean On Me

The Ice Princess's Mission to Heal Chanyeol's Heart

Still 26th July, Sunday

"Done!" Clara squeals happily before clapping like a seal. 

Chaeyoung turns her head to right, observing her braid.She smiled a little whe she saw the small glittery gold stars that decorated her hair. It was a surprise when Chaeyoung got back to the room that morning to find her cousin awake, and getting ready for a shower. Because the were ready earlier than they should be, Clara volunteered to do Chaeyoung's hair.

Clara smiled proudly, "I did great. It looks cute and adorable." 

The older cousin rolled her eyes with a smile, "Cute and adorable are partically the same adjectives, Jinmyun."

"And I did better." The younger one protested, crossing her arms across her chest.

Chaeyoung wrinkled her nose, "Fine."

"I love the stars~" Chaeyoung touching her hair lightly, not wanting to ruin her cousin's hardwork and passion.

"Because everything with stars are mine." Clara said in a mere-whisper. Chaeyoung could tell Clara was holding back her tears.When they were little, Clara wanted to have anything that her sister had. Bags, dresses, hairbands, practically everything. The only way to differentiate their items were the marks their mum makes which were, stars for Clara and a crescent moon for her sister.

"I miss unnie too, you know.." Chaeyoung said trying to comfort her cousin. Clara smiles widely, but Chaeyoung could see the tears building up in her eyes. Chaeyoung replies with a warm smile and squeezed her cousin's hand, "I'm glad Baekhyun is here to take care of you." 

Clara wiped the corners of her eyes, faking a grin, "Are you saying my brother couldn't take care of me?" 

Chaeyoung lets a small laugh, trying to ignore her cousin's facade, "Kinda~" 

"But hey if everything with stars are yours, am I yours then?" She joked, faking a puzzled look. Clara laughed and nodded, smiling proudly, "You're my masterpiece."

"Hey did they left yet?" She asked, wondering if Chanyeol had enough of sleep for their rehearsal today.

Clara glanced at her watch and shook her head, "They should in 10 to 15 minutes though."

Knock Knock!

"Am I bothering some kind of a bonding time right now?"

The two cousins turn the door where Baekhyun was grinning widely.

"Nope. Not really." Clara answered with a shrug.

"So.... can I borrow your cousin for awhile before i leave?" He asked to the Chaeyoung, still grinning.

Chaeyoung made a 'go for it' signal with a nonchalant face. She then looked at her cousin, a glint of mischievious in her eyes, "Actually Baekhyun, don't return her." 

Clara scoffed and mumbled under her breath, something about Chaeyoung being ungrateful and mean to her. Chaeyoung watched her cousin close the door, going off with her boyfriend. She shook her head, smiling, "I bet Jinmyun Unnie would be so proud her ship is sailing."

She continued to get ready for her next adventure with Clara around Seoul. A few minutes later, her cousin popped in holding a muffin in each hand, "Let's go, they just left."

Clara fed the older female a muffin, the other going to her own mouth. After making sure everything was locked, they left home for the nearest bus stop, waiting for the next bus.


Chaeyoung starred blankly at her cousin's half eaten dinner as she waited for her cousin to return from the restroom. They've been out shopping and sight-seeing all day long but yet what D.O said to her earlier this morning was still lingering through her mind. Her body was there, feeding herself spoonfuls of curry rice, chewing and digesting it, but her mind kept replaying what D.O said. 

Her eyes went to her cousin who was rushing into the restaurant, face pale, her lips pressed in a straight line. She was clutching her phone to her heart, her bag slung over her shoulder. The shorter girl practically ran to the cashier and waited for the worker to pay for the dinner, she turned towards Chaeyoung's table and signaled her to leave. Chaeyoung didn't question her cousin, there was probably and emergency judging from how tight her face is, not a spark in her eyes. She gathered her and Clara's things and took the last sip of her orange juice before waiting for her cousin at the entrance of the restaurant.

"We need to go now." Clara said, her voice filled with anxiousness as she grabbed her cousin's arm, dragging her out of the mall. Chaeyoung looked at her cousin, her eyebrows knitted, puzzled about the situation. She didn't bother to ask, Clara probably won't answer until they got on the bus. They waited for the next bus at the bus stop, Clara pacing back and forth mumbling her prayers, Chaeyoung silently pulling on the end of her sleeves. 

When it felt like a long time, the bus arrived. When they got settled on the bus, Clara buried her face into the cushion of the seat in front of her, sighing every now and then. The older girl leaned her head against the window, looking at the city lights. Every now and then she checks on her cousin, but barely doing anything to calm her down. After 5 minutes, she couldn't take it anymore and held the younger's trembling left hand, squeezing it lightly, "Whatever is happening, it'll be fine."

Clara looked at Chaeyoung, "I hope Chanyeol's fine."


Chanyeol woke up to an empty hospital room. He looked around and noticed his lunch was taken away, and none of s were present, probably at the last rehearsal for tonight's concert. He glanced at the clock on the left side of the room; 5:45 p.m.

He sighed and looked at the condition of his left arm. During rehearsal last night, he was fooling around with Tao when he made a silly mistake, tripping over one of the wires, throwing him off the stage. He landed, arm first, breaking his left arm. So there he was in the hospital alone, less than 2 hours before the concert starts when he is supposed to be at the concert venue. He felt like dissapointment to his fans and s for being careless.

Luckily for him there were no other injuries except for his left arm and a small cut on his forehead. He observed the empty room and pouted, before he fell asleep some of s were over joking around with him, making he feel okay. But now no one was there, not even Clara. He sighed, he shouldn't have expected that much, Clara definately prefered seeing her brother, friends and boyfriend perform on stage with her friends, Yumi,Jinjoo and Eunhye rather than staying with Chanyeol in a boring, huge hospital room. 

It was cosy and comfortable, but he felt lonely in there alone. He looked at his colourful signed cast and smiled, "I hope they'll do fine."

His eyes darted around the room, observing the room he would be staying in for another 2 days, his eyes caught the plastic chair by the window on his right side. On the chair was a opened novel, like someone left it there on purpose. "Youngie's" He mumbled remembering that Chaeyoung was reading quietly there when everyone else was fussing over him and fighting over who should sign his cast first.

He looked over to his left arm, sure enough, Chaeyoung didn't sign it. Weirdly, he doesn't recall talking to her or even seeing that bright smile of her's after the night at the playground. He mumbled his confusion under his breath when he heard someone pushing the door of his room. It was an automatic respone, he pulled the blanket over his head and pretended to snore.

The door closed lightly and footsteps were heard. The footsteps stopped near his bed, and he felt someone towering over him,  "So he snores. And like to sleep like a dead body." He heard someone say, followed by a very girlish giggle. He recognized the voice the moment she spoke in english, her accent strong. He tried to hold in a smile under the blanket, thinking about how lucky he is to hear Chaeyoung's cute giggle that is never heard by anyone else. He tried very hard to hold in his smile, but really even if did, Chaeyoung couldn't see it through his thick hospital blanket. Then he heard Chaeyoung walking away and the sound of the plastic chair pushed against the wall.

It was quiet for awhile, only the sound of the airconditioner, the clock ticking and Chaeyoung flipping through her novel every 40 seconds. Or 45 seconds if she takes longer to read that particular page, Chanyeol counted the seconds. He was getting bored of guessing when Chaeyoung will turn over a new page, so he pushed his blanket just a little under his eyes and peeked over to Chaeyoung's direction. 

He grinned, he found in cute how she was so immersed reading the novel, frowning, her lips slightly apart as she concentrated on every single word on the page. He squinted his eyes and looked at the book's cover, it was a romance novel he concluded by the cover of two people holding hands in the snow. He continued to observe her reading the novel, noting down in his head every single one of her expression, he was deep into staring at her when his eyes caught her eyes. It looked warmer than it usually does, the sun reflacting through.

"Oh you're awake." She said with a grin, putting her novel down. Chanyeol nodded and tried to play cool, like he haven't been staring at her for the past 3 minutes.

"How are you feeling?" She asked cocking her head slightly.

"Pretty lonely." He answered as he struggled to sit up with only one arm for support.  Chaeyoung got up and helped him to sit, fluffing his pillow as well. He grinned and thanked her. But she didn't say anything, only a nonchalant shrug in respone. 

"Want to do a crossword puzzle? " She changed the topic and took a newspaper out from a plastic bag by his bed.

"I bought it in the gift shop downstairs, i was bored as hell waiting for you to wake up." She explained, putting the newspaper on his lap before dragging the plastic chair to the right side of his bed. 

"What this is easy!" He exclaimed as he looked at the empty boxes she left. The questions was pretty easy for him. He smiled a little as he corrected her spelling mistakes and answered the remaining 3 questions using the pen she gave to him.

"Oh wow. Thank you." She thanked him as she went through the answers. "Writing in korean is just so confusing and this crossword puzzled is even more confusing for me." She added, a little hint of sadness in her voice.

Chanyeol chuckled and assured her, "Don't worry english confuses me. We can't be perfect."

She sighs and put the newspaper back into the plastic bag, "But crossword puzzles in english are confusing to me aswell. Crossword puzzles are just confusing."

"For me, you're more confusing than a crossword puzzle." He said without thinking much. He closed his eyes and swore under his breath for saying it out loud. She had this judging look on her face, staring at him like he said something in a foreign language.

She chuckled and he felt his soft hands ruffling his hair, "You're cute when you act all shy after being all confident."

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and her somewhat compliment. But really his feelings were all over the place when she said he's cute. He tried to distract himself and pointed at the sharpies on the bedside table with his working arm, "You haven't sign my cast yet."

She leaned over him taking the nearest sharpie, he couldn't help but to stare at her face when she leaned over him. His fingers twitch wanting to push her hair behind her ear. She got up from the chair and walked to the left side of the bed. Chanyeol mentally cursed her, she could have gotten up earlier to take the sharpie instead of playing with his feelings by leaning so close to him. 

She kneeled by the bed observing Chanyeol's cast, tapping her chin lightly, trying to find an empty spot to sign, which was hard when 15 other people had previously scribbled on the cast. She smiled when she found an empty spot and started scribbling. He frowned, "I can't see it from my angle."

She laughed, still scribbling "That was the purpose."

He guessed she was drawing something by how the way she was moving the pen. His frowns deepens, she just gets even more confusing by every minute, "But I want to read it."

She looked up at him and shook her head with a teasing smile before scribbling on top of her previous drawing, reading out loud what she was writing down, "You smell bad, from princess chae"

The message she wrote could be seen unlike the drawing. Unlike what she said, she wrote something else; 

Get better soon, Mr. Sun. - Your Young Dara

His mouth twitched into a smile, after reading the crooked message from her. She acted like it was nothing and went back to her chair and went on about how bored she was waiting for him to wake up. He didn't mind listening to her complain, her voice and expressions made him feel better, he felt like he could punch through a wall with his injured hand and walk away with a smile everytime he she speaks updating about the concert or reading get well soon messages from his fans on his instagram.


"Bye I'll see you tomorrow. " Chaeyoung said slipping a piece of paper under Chanyeol's blanket, touching his fingers slightly with a smile. She walked to Minwoo who was leaning against the door, waiting to send her downstairs where the other's were waiting to take her home. As much as Chanyeol prefered her staying over instead of Minwoo, he wouldn't and could never say it out loud. Especially he himself is confused by her actions and his own feelings. He waved to her with one last weak smile as Minwoo closed the door gently.

He listened to the footsteps, which was easy when it's past midnight in a hospital and the other patients were probably asleep. He heard the loud ding of the elevator and thought it was safe to read her note. He touched it with his fingertips and pulled it out from the blanket. He smiled looking at how the note was folded in a simple way, making it easy for him to open it. He added how considerate she was to his favourite things about her.

Chanyeol-ah, my surname is Lee,

When you feel sad you can always lean on me~

Please get well soon,

So we can go on more adventures, just you, me and the moon.

Chanyeol chuckled and tucked the note into his backpack which Minwoo had left on the bed. To him, her rhyming in english was weird yet adorable. He thought it was better compared to when she attempts to rhyme in korean and end up saying weird things that don't make sense. He exhaled loudly, still smiling, it was trouble he thought, how everything she does is starting to look adorable in his eyes, yet he couldn't let it go, he liked the feeling too much.

"Kiddo, what are you smiling about?" Minwoo said entering the room with a smirk. Chanyeol shrugged and smiled innocently, he immidiately changed the topic asking how the concert when, acting like he wasn't staring at the door with a silly grin on his face.

Minwoo scoffed, "You know she's going back soon right?" 

Chanyeol nodded not getting what Minwoo is trying to point out. Minwoo sighed loudly and sat at the end of Chanyeol's bed, clutching his heart dramatically, he lied down, "I was in a long distance relationship once, the scars are still deep~" 

Chanyeol clicked his tongue in annoyance and threw the first thing within his reach, a packet of pocket tissues, "Stop being a drama king."

Minwoo whined in pain and sat up looking at the younger guy who he treats like a little brother, "Don't date someone who lives miles and miles away from you, yeol-ah. It'll only hurt you heart." 

He was pretending to clutch his heart again making whimpering sounds as if he was in pain and about to die.

"Hyung I'm not dating her!" Chanyeol protested, his face flushed with his manager's teasing. Minwoo grinned and walked away telling the younger guy he wanted to change his clothes, pretending not to hear what Chanyeol's protests.


I hope I don't get caught up with homework and end up delaying this fic for the third year 

image

I'm trying to end this as fast as I can hehe

image

Comment, subscribe ayy~

image

Oh and I made a playlist as a backtrack for this fic *obviously bored*

tumblr_inline_nu55yaMcyi1twvq2v_500.gif

 

xx ileun

160108

P/s : This is an unedited chapter (like I edit my chapters anyway lol)