Chapter 26 : It's You

The Ice Princess's Mission to Heal Chanyeol's Heart

30th July, Thursday

"Good Morning Chanchan!" Clara greeted Chanyeol who was sitting on the couch, staring outside. He turned around and smiled weakly, "Morning."

Clara pouted and patted his back in symphaty, "6 weeks, yeol-ah, and then you can join them."

Chanyeol sighed, "Well atleast let me come and see them. My legs fine, I can still dance. It's been two days since I've been out of the hospital, doing nothing."

Clara shrugged with a small smile, "I'll try to talk my brother into talking the managers to let you come."

He smiled, "Thanks."

"But!" She suddenly shouted, bringing pain to Chanyeol's ears. Now that he thinks about it, she is sort off annoying. "There's a chance they'll ask you to sit at home and rest until next week." 

Chanyeol nodded, "Fine with me." 

Clara showed two thumbs up with a wide grin, Chanyeol chuckled before he continued to stare out the window. Clara her teeth and knocked the male's head, "Yah! You miss my cousin don't you?"

"Ouch.." Chanyeol mumbled with a pout.

Clara ignored him and repeated her question, "You miss Chaechae don't you?"

He faked a disgusted expression and made a vomitting sound. She rolled her eyes and walked away from the living room, "She'll be down in 10."

"But seriously! I don't miss her!" He protested as he followed her to the kitchen. 

Clara poured Chanyeol and herself a glass of milk each before sitting on one of the counters, "Dude it's always obvious when you like someone."

He rolled his eyes and stucked his tongue out, "Says the girl who didn't realize I like her for months."

Clara shrugged with a guilty smile, "Sorry~ I'm blind."

Chanyeol shook his head with a smile, putting down the glass of milk before pulling one of the chairs to sit opposite of her. She handed him back the glass while sipping some milk out of her's.

"Cat." He said as he observed her. She looked up from her glass, milk stains on her upper lip, with her eyes widened.He laughed and handed her a tissue, a few months earlier he would have killed for this exact moment, a moment for him to touch her and wipe the milk off, but now the only thing he's killing for are those oreos on the fridge that he was 100% sure belonged to the stingy Clara.

"Cat," He called again. Clara looked at him with a frown, "what?"

He grinned cutely and wiggled his whole body, "Chanchan is hungry. Chanchan wants cookies." He puffed his cheeks at the end of the sentence and pointed towards the oreos.

Clara cringed and shuddered at his aegyo, "You're so weird, don't do it ever again."

Chanyeol pouted, "But chanchan wants-"

"OKAY OKAY TAKE THE DAMN COOKIES!" Clara shouted in surrender.

Chanyeol laughed, "Yes! Mission accomplished!" 

Clara exhaled loudly and glared at him before taking the oreos and tearing the plastic for the handicapped Chanyeol. Chanyeol smiled gratefully and chewed the cookies quietly. Clara took an oreo for herself, and they stayed there in silence for a few minutes, only the sound of them chewing present.

"Cat." Chanyeol called.

"M-whut" Clara replied mouthful of cookies, ignoring her table manners, too carried away by the sweetness and deliciousness of the cookies.

"Has anyone told you that from some angles, you look like Chaeyoung?" He said as he tilted her head a little to the right.

"Sho naw I luk like Chae?" She said, still chewing her cookies, whatever it is, cookies are important. Cookies is life. 

He tapped his chin as he pictured Chaeyoung in his head, comparing the two cousins. "Wait stop chewing. Widen your eyes a little."

Clara obidiently followed his instructions. 

Chanyeol slapped his own thigh (and complained how painful it was) , "That's it! You look like Chaeyoung when you have no expression."

Clara shrugged and reached for another cookie, "We are cousins." 


"Dude go back go back go back go back little myun is attacking us can't you see?! " Chaeyoung screamed as Clara's character kicked their's.

Clara was sitting cross-legged on the floor, twitched into a smirk as the opponent's life continues to decrease. 

Chaeyoung and Chanyeol was sitting on the couch side by side. He was controlling the movements of the character while she was controlling the attacks. 

It was Chanyeol's idea, he claimed that playing video games will make him feel better. However Clara only wanted to play this particular game, because she is only good at playing street fighter.

And this particular game needs someone to use 2 hands. And Chanyeol's arm is still in it's cast.

And the most amazing, miraculous thing that happened today was Clara only had to say, "Chaechae-ah can you help Yeol--" and Chaeyoung immediately nodded and went downstairs to find Chanyeol. 

So there they were, playing street fighter in midday after eating a bowl of instant noodles each for lunch. 

When it seems like Chaeyoung and Chanyeol had finally find a way to communicate and was kicking the opponent's , Clara's phone rang and she immediately paused the game.

"Hello? Oh Jinjoo-ah I'm actually-- What's wrong? Yumi?! Yah! I'll be there in 10." She ended the phone call with a click and ran upstairs while shouting for her cousin to come with her. 

Chaeyoung and Chanyeol exchanged looks before he pushed her lightly to stand up, "You better go, we both know how panicky she gets over small matters." 


"You're not going to do funny stuff with Chanyeol are you?" Clara squinted her eyes as she joked with the taller girl.

Chaeyoung faked an offended expression, "Oh hell no!" 

Clara laughed and reminded her cousin that if anything happens or she changes her mind, Jinjoo's house was just around the corner. They exchanged goodbyes and Chaeyoung made sure her cousin safely crossed the road befor shutting the door close. She walked to that one particular room on the second floor and knocked, "Yeol-da?"

"Yeah come in." 

She smiled and turned the knob of the door. He was sitting crossed leg on his bed with his guitar, frowning as he struggled to play his guitar. She shook her head and took his guitar away, sitting across him, on Kai's bed. "You dummy, look at you damn cast."

He ignored her snarky remarks and pointed at the guitar, "Hold the chords for me?" 

She complained saying that she just painted her fingernails, and her service was not for free, but settle beside Chanyeol on his bed anyway. Chanyeol held his guitar, the neck of the guitar in Chaeyoung's delicate hand. "Which chord?"

"Wait the capo--" Chaeyoung got up without hearing Chanyeol's direction to the end, and took the capo laying on his desk.

"Capo 4"

Chaeyoung obidiently followed Chanyeol's instructions. She tied her hair into a low ponytail and waited for Chanyeol's further instructions. Their shoulders were touching, and Chanyeol could smell her sweet but fresh scent again, that weird mixture of vanilla and lemon that he had learned to love.

"Ready?"

"Yeah."

"G" 

Chaeyoung's fingers expertly form the finger position of a G chord. Chanyeol strummed the guitar once.

"Em" 

"Am" 

"D"

"G"

"Em"

"Am"

"D"

"Okay now Em, C, G, D"

"Repeat"

Chaeyoung paused and blinked a couple of times, "Wait it sounds familiar." 

"All of Me." Chanyeol said with a small smile.

"Ah~" Chaeyoung knocked the guitar once with a wide grin. "You should have said so, I performed that song at school once."

He squinted his eyes, "Liar~"

She faked an offended expression, and placed her hand over her heart. He teasingly smiled and stucked his tongue out, "Prove it."

"Fine!"

 She took the guitar and sat at her previous position, on Kai's bed. She started strumming randomly and grinned, "What's the first chord again?"

The taller guy rolled his eyes. "G for girls like youngie are idiots."

She glared at him and started to strum the mention chord. At first she just played the melody without opening . But when she replayed the chorus again, she started singing. He couldn't help but to smile at the way how carried away she was with the song. If only he had got ready before hand and recorded her beautiful, sweet voice. She ended the song with a shy smile.

"Uwa~!" Chanyeol cheered and hit the bed repeatedly, as an alternative from clapping. She blushed and hit his right thigh, "Yah! Stop lying!"

Chanyeol whined in pain but continued to about her singing. They teased around for a few more seconds before he took the guitar from her and strumed randomly, "Okay young one, chords please."

She rolled her eyes and jokingly touched the strings with her foot, "Done."

"Yah!" He scolded, still strumming randomly. 

She stucked her tongue out, "You're just jealous my feet are smaller than yours, giant."

He widened his eyes, it was almost as if they would pop out from his eye sockets, and put his guitar to the side, he deepened his already deep voice, "Take it back you human."

She laughed and kicked him lightly before running away,  "Make me."

"CHAEYOUNG IF I CATCH YOU YOU'LL DIE IN NO TIME." He shouted before laughing at himself. He took a glance of himself in a mirror, grinning before chasing after Chaeyoung.


Chaeyoung laid on the bed while strumming random chords on Chanyeol's black acoustic guitar. Chanyeol was on the opposite bed, reding  book she had forced him to read because she said it's a good book.

He's not really the type to read in his free time. However that particular day, in 2 hours he had almost finished the book with only 2 chapters left. What joy it is for him if he could read his textbooks this fast. Clara was still not home but had call to check on the two C's.

" it's you." Chaeyoung sung along to a bunch of randomly strummed chords. She was still lying down, strumming clumsily but the song caught Chanyeol's attention. The latter immidiately put down his book and sat up looking at her with curiousity, "What song is that?"

"Hmm?" She hummed as she too, sat up and brushed her hair out of her face. Her hair was sticking out all over the places. And he couldn't contain his smile and his bursting heart. He repeated softly, "What song were your playing?"

She rubbed the nape of her neck awkwardly and avoided eye contact, "Ah...it's a song i wrote..It's not complete and needs a lot of..help."

He smiled and tapped the guitar, "I'll help you. Play it for me please." His smile got wider as he caught her cheeks flush. She laughed nervously and faked cough as she arranged her fingers for the first chord. He noticed she was doing her habit, biting her lower lip as she hesitated to strum the strings. She looked at him and he smiled warmly and nodded to assure her.

She smiled back and started to play the guitar. She hummed along to the melody, occasionally singing a bunch of random words until she finally reached the chorus.

"It’s alright if you don’t know, Or if you don’t find me. " She sung with her eyes closed and swaying her head slightly to the melody. He couldn't help smiling as he watched her sing. He liked this side of her, so focused and serious, so caught up in the music. 

"Is twinkling and ah--here." She looked up from her guitar snd grinned guiltily as she messed up her words. He chuckled and ruffled her hair. She stopped strumming and laughed, "Yeah i'm struggling with the lyrics."

He laughed as well, "It's good though. Should I help with the lyrics? We rappers are better at lyrics than you average peasaants." He crossed his arms together and strike a snobby pose. She rolled her eyes and tossed a pillow at him in annoyance, "You wouldn't help me for free"

He dodged the pillow and laughed, "Well I know we both hated each other, but you must admit that we both had fallen so deep for each other now."

She frowned, "Very funny."

He sighed and pouted, "Okay-okay. You still hate me. But anyway you helped me move on from your sneaky yet clueless cousin, so because I am Prince Park Chanyeol, the great and the handsome me--"

"Enough praising." She said growning.

He hushed her and smile, "This the least I could do to return the favour."

She looked at him and saw sincerity in his eyes. Then she replayed what he said earlier in her head. She cocked her head and bit her bottom lip, "Are you saying that you're completely over her?"

He nodded and chuckled, "Completely."

"Really"

He sighed and whined, "Lee Chaeyoung don't you trust me?"

She giggled, "Okay I trust you tall but annoying one."

He grinned, "Good choice young but wise one."

"And also let me helo you with your lyrics because your lyrics ." He added and smiled 'innocently' to her.

She exhaled loudly, "I admit my lyrics . Teach me Senpai~" She had her eyes shut together and her hand together, close to her chest, and her tone was an octave higher than it usually was.

He felt a warm feeling building up in his heart. He liked it how he was the only one who could see her act cute like this. For his eyes only, Lee Chaeyoung was for him only. He reacted the opposite way, frowning and hitting her head lightly, "Ew."

She laughed and slapped her cheeks lightly, "Yeah I'm disgusted too."

She laughed awkwardly and changed the topic, "I'm hungry..another round of ramyun?" She asked cocking her slightly. Looking at the other's hesitation she added quickly, "I won't tell the grandpa~ And I'll cook them~"

He nodded and shrugged, "Anything you want Young one." She cheered and placed the guitar at it's rightful place before dragging him by his right arm to the kitchen.


OTL

I'M SORRY