Chapter 4 : Girl's Day Out

The Ice Princess's Mission to Heal Chanyeol's Heart

13th July, Monday

Chaeyoung stares at her cousin who was still asleep from the end of the room. Or pretending to be asleep. Who knows.

"Is she a log or what?" Chaeyoung mumbled to herself and scratches her non-itchy head in frustration. She had done everything she could think of to wake up her younger cousin. She tried jumping on the bed while screaming her name, all Clara did was push her off the bed and hid her head with her blanket. She tried screaming, "Oh My God! It's Infinite's L!" which always works but sadly today, it didn't work. Infact, Clara didn't even twitch when Chaeyoung screamed L's name. 

"Kim Jinmyun!!" Chaeyoung shouted as she gets closer to Clara.

"Jinmyun's not here. Go away.." Clara mumbled while covering face with a pillow because the blanket wasn't enough to block Chaeyoung's voice out.

Chaeyoung does a kicking motion towards sleeping Clara, stopping 2 inches away from her body. If only she could kick her... "Yah Clara Kim. Ireona!!"

"Yah Cassandra Lee. Shirooooo!!" Clara replied in a similar tone as Chaeyoung, still covering her face with her blanket and pillow.

Chaeyoung bits her lower lip, she couldn't stand it anymore. "Yah! Ppali! I'm hungry!!" She started hitting Clara with all of her stregth with a pillow.

"Ow! Yah!" Clara jumps out of the bed and stands at the other end of the room, just in case Chaeyoung isn't done hitting her yet. 

"I spent one hour and a half to wake you up!!" Chaeyoung shouted while throwing the pillow to Clara's direction. Somehow, the very lazy and inactive Clara managed to dodge away in time. 

Clara sulks and walks towards Chaeyoung. "I feel like I have a stepmother." 

Chaeyoung shots daggers at Clara, "Food. Now."

Clara pulls Chaeyoung towards the door and starts spinning the door knob, "This...is how you open the door."

Clara looks at her cousin's unamused expression, "Just in case you don't know how to open the door." She explained while shrugging.

They proceeded to walk to the kitchen. "Tell me why do your room just has to be on the third floor." Chaeyoung asked, still angry and unimpressed.

Clara answers with a simple shrug before peeking downstairs, "I guess they left early.."

"Where?" Chaeyoung asked.

"What?" 

Chaeyoung sighs, "Where did the boys go....Why are you so blank?" 

Clara's puzzled expression vanishes into a grin, "Ahhh~ Schedule, somewhere. I don't know. Photoshoot?"

They finally arrived at the kitchen and Clara switches the lights on, "You know, you could just eat breakfast without waking me up.."

"You're the one who told me not to go anywhere without you!" Chaeyoung argued.

Clara takes out a bowl and chopsticks and put it on the counter. "You could just asked my brother for food." Clara said while cracking some eggs into the bowl.

"With that giant around noooo wayyy....Hey let me do that, you heat the pan." Chaeyoung said taking over Clara's work.

"You're cooking right? And, Chanyeol isn't that bad though...He's childish, yes. But, almost all of the boys in this house doesn't act like their own age." Clara started to heat the pan.

"Of course I'm cooking. I don't want the kitchen to explode." Clara glares at Chaeyoung for her joke.

Chaeyoung grins, "Hey. Admit it, I'm a better cook than you are."

Clara fake pouts, "Fine...you're better than me in anything that we do..."

"I agree with that." Chaeyoung teased earning a glare from Clara.

"You know, you should show this side to the boys, ecspecially Chanyeol. He'll like you more and stop calling you brat. The boys are starting to think that you are either a very quiet and secretive girl or just arrogant." 

Chaeyoung leans on the kitchen counter, "I like the second option better though.."

Clara raises her eyebrow and looks at her cousin. She lets out a small sigh, "Well.. if you say so.."

Chaeyoung knows from the way that Clara was looking at her, that she was really worried for her. But she was kind of use to being labeled with being arrogant.

Chaeyoung observes as Clara pours chocolate milk into two glasses and put it in the dining room.She enters the kitchen and points at the pan, "Don't you think the pan is hot enough by now?"

"Yeah." Chaeyoung nodded and started to pour the egg into the pan.

Clara suddenly chuckles out of the blue, "I bet if your mum's here she'll be giving us that weird look again."

A smile creeps on Chaeyoung's face, "Yeah. She really doesn't get it how we cook our omelette with only salt and eggs."

Clara pouts and shrugs, "But it's yummy...."

Chaeyoung nods in agreement, "But you know my mum. She likes to see colourful food. There are usually tons of veggies in her omelettes."

There was a long silence after that, which was pretty normal for the two cousins. Clara's very talkative, unlike Chaeyoung. So when Chaeyoung's around, it was probably the rare moments where Clara would shut up because Chaeyoung isn't really fond of noisyness. And it was 10 o' clock in the morning, Clara is usually half awake during these hours.

"Done~" Chaeyoung said sliding her omelette into a plate and turning off the stove.

Clara takes the plate and brings it into the dining room. While dancing.

Because she's so happy she gets to eat.  

Chaeyoung follows Clara into the dining room while shaking her head at her cousin's childish behaviour.

"Where's the bread?" Chaeyoung asked sitting opposite Clara.

Clara facepalms herself, "I'll be right back!" 

"Such a forgetful girl.." Chaeyoung mumbled as she cuts the omelette into two and putting half of it into Clara's plate. Clara comes back with the bread and they started eat their breakfast.

"So...where are we going today?" Clara asked while gobbling down her omelette and bread. 

Chaeyoung stares at Clara for awhile before finally saying, "Are you asking me?" 

"No...I was talking to my plate. Hey, plate! Where are we going today?" Clara said sarcastically before rolling her eyes.

"Chaechae, there's no other human in this house other than you and me. Who do you think I was asking to?" She continued.

"Myun-Ara, did you know that asking a girl who just arrived in Seoul two days ago 'Where are we going today?' is ridiculous? Hello~ I'm the guest here." Chaeyoung waved a little before rolling her eyes.

Clara scoffs, "I was just asking your opinion! And, stop combining both of my names okay? It's either you call me Ara. Or Jinmyun. The end." 

"I can call you whatever I want. And, let's just stop and let me eat." Chaeyoung said pointing at her breakfast.

"Fine." Clara said, pouting. There was a moment of silence for a few seconds before Clara laughed. Chaeyoung just looks at her cousin blankly, as if someone suddenly laughing when no one was talking was normal. 

"You know, if people who don't know us heard us quarreling, the might think we hate each other!" Clara said in between laughs.

"So......?" Chaeyoung asked, unable to get what was so funny about it. 

"We, hate each other! Like, LOL~" Clara said still trying to calm herself down.

"Yeah...I still don't get it." Chaeyoung said, not even a sign of a smile on her face.

"Geez...ice princess... smile will ya? And we hating each other is just a weird thought..." 

"Weird, yes. But it's not funny." Chaeyoung said coldly.

Clara's smile vanishes and she narrows her eyes, staring holes into her cousin, "I like to laugh okay?! Don't burst my happy bubble if you don't get it..."

Chaeyoung widens her eyes in a mocking way and stucks her tongue out.  

Clara pouts and rests her her head on the table while waiting for Chaeyoung to finish her breakfast.

There was a very long silence and Chaeyoung feels weird about it. Though Clara usually shuts up when she asks her to it doesn't last for 2 minutes before she starts talking again. Or atleast she'll silently do something to annoy Chaeyoung. But Clara didn't say a word and continued to rest her head on the table.

"Yah." Chaeyoung lightly kicks Clara's leg under the table.

There was no respond.

"Jinmyun-ah..mian~" 

Still no respond.

"Yah. Are you really sulking right now?"

Silence.

"Jinmyun~"

Nothing. Chaeyoung is really-really bad at consoling someone and right now, she was losing her patience.

"Kim Jinmyun! Yah! Are you even alive?!"

Clara immidiately gets up while rubbing her eyes, "Wh-what?"

Chaeyoung looks at her cousin, slightly amazed, "How can you sleep in a matter of what? 6 minutes?"

Clara shrugs, "I sleep when I want to. Hey let's get ready and go somewhere. Shopping maybe?"

Chaeyoung just nods before proceeding to the kitchen to wash her plate and glass. She was still amazed how her cousin could take a nap on times like that.


"Are we going to the right way?" Clara looked at Chaeyoung.

"I don't know!" Chaeyoung snaps. 

"Relax...I think we're going the right way.." Clara said patting her easily-pissed-off cousin's back. 

"Ahh! I can see it from here! Let's go~" Clara clapped joyfully before pulling Chaeyoung's hands towards her favourite shop in Hongdae.

"Hehe~ We're here~" Clara said happily grinning while the two cousins stand in front of a cute girly vintage type shop.

Clara insisted to bring Chaeyoung to this shop before going to the main shopping area of Hongdae. She said this place was a must visit place for Chaeyoung.

And she was right. Chaeyoung who surprisingly is in love with vintage-y items, fell in love with the shop when she first saw it. They spent about half an hour at the shop where Chaeyoung went crazy. She even managed to convince Clara to buy adorable matching knit sweaters with her. And it was pink! 

"Chaeyoung-ah... I hate you...." Clara mumbled as the two cousins walk together to join the crowd walking towards the main shopping area of Hongdae. 

"Hey, you need to buy something~ it is your fav shop~" Chaeyoung said while smiling.

Clara fakes a surprised expression, "Omo! Did Lee Chaeyoung just smile?"

Chaeyoung hits Clara's head before pretending like she never did anything wrong. Clara glares at her and mumbled something under her breath.

"We should go to Gangnam Station tomorrow.." Chaeyoung said out of a blue.

"Sure, I'll take you there tomorrow. And how about we go see the boys on a music show one of these days. It would be fun~" Clara suggested while grinning. She rarely goes to music shows since Suho will always force her to go with the boys since he's worried for her. But with Chaeyoung around, maybe Suho would let her go by her own.

"I prefer going to a theme park then see some idols which I have totally no interest in." Chaeyoung said while browsing through some clothes on a rack.

"We should totally go to a theme park! How about going to a water theme park?!"

Chaeyoung looks at her overly excited cousin with one brow raised, "Remind me again, which one of us lives in California?"

Clara smiles a guilty smile, "I don't get to go out much you know..."

Chaeyoung nods and pulls Clara towards a stall selling accesories, "If it's so hard for you to cope with, just move back with your parents."

"You know it's not that easy... And it's my last year in high school.. I'm going to college anyway."

"True. Hey should I buy this, or not?" Chaeyoung pointed to an adorable red hairband. Clara nods in approval.

Chaeyoung takes the same hairband in a dark blue colour and pays for both of the hairbands. "Here. For you~" Chaeyoung gives the blue hairband to Clara with a smile while she wears the red one.

Clara sighs, "You sure love matching items... I can imagine you and your future boyfriend wearing couple items everywhere.." 

"Like you hate couple items..." Chaeyoung mumbled.

"Just wear it!" Chaeyoung continued.

"I don't hate them but, I don't have to wear matching items with my cousin... I'm not two.." Clara said while pouting, but she wears the hairband anyway. She just can't go against Chaeyoung's orders. Plus, free hairband, who doesn't want one?

"Wolf cotton candy~ come on! It's delish!" Clara said dragging Chaeyoung to a stall.

"I think I've read about this somewhere.." Chaeyoung said while admiring the huge dog from afar. Both her and Clara has the same fear; dogs. Only Clara's problem is worse than her's.

"Ofcourse you have~ it's famous..."  Clara turns to the stall owner and pays for the cotton candy, "Kamsahamnida.." 

The enjoyed the rest of the day shopping and even ate lunch there. Around 5 pm, when they were on the bus on their way home, Clara suddenly remembered something.

"It's Monday!" She shrieked while hurriedly scrolling through her phone.

"It...is..." Chaeyoung said, puzzled.

"They told me they have practice on Monday a few days ago!" Clara explained to Chaeyoung in a panic tone.

"So...?"

"So they wouldn't be home until 1 or 2! We're going to be alone!" Clara buries her face in her palms.

Chaeyoung pats Clara's head lightly before hitting it hard making Clara whince in pain. "Yah, your neighbourhood is so proctected, it has two secuirity checks and CCTV's everywhere. I'm sure no burglar would dare to rob a house in the neighbourhood. And don't give me that ghost bull again." 

"They exist..." Clara mumbled while holding on to her head which was still throbbing from the impact of Chaeyoung's hit.

Chaeyoung ignored Clara's comment and changed the topic, "There's food at home right?"

Clara rests her head on the window, "We finished the last egg this morning...there's ramyun though. You better be okay with eating ramyun tonight because I'm too lazy to order chinese food or chicken today."

Chaeyoung's expression changes into a bitter one when the word 'ramyun' was mentioned. She sighs in defeat, "Fine. But don't expect me to eat ramyun everynight. We better go grocery shopping tomorrow." 

"I thought we were going to Gangnam Station tomorrow?" Clara asked.

"Well can't we go grocery shopping before that?  And it's not like I want to spend the whole day shopping there...in fact, I don't even want to shop." Chaeyoung answered in an annoyed tone which just seems to be a tone she frequently uses.

"Don't tell me you're going to Gangnam Station for sight-seeing~" Clara teased. 

Chaeyoung rolls her eyes, "And see what? Sight-seeing in a shopping centre connected to a metro station. Yeah, of course that's normal to do."

"I just don't want to buy anything... I would just look around and accompany you shop for the summer.." She added.

"I don't want to shop..." Clara mumbled her protest.

"Well you have too." Chaeyoung said coldly making Clara stare at her in surprise.

"Chaechae-ah..are you--"

Chaeyoung grins looking at her cousin's reaction, " I'm just kidding~"

Clara lets out a sigh in relief and mumbled somthing that Chaeyoung couldn't quite catch.

"What?" Chaeyoung asked.

Clara shakes her head, "Nothing~"

When they finally got to their stop, both of them was hungry and tired. The ten minute walk home seemed longer than ever with the two cousin's long silence. Clara was just tired and doesn't have any energy to annoy Chaeyoung to death or even sing like she usually does. Chaeyoung was, well...being herself.

Suddenly, Clara's phone started to play Baekhyun's aegyo from weekly idol.

Chaeyoung groans, "You do know that your message tone is so friggin' annoying right?" 

"What~? It's cute~" Clara answered with a smile, her eyes still on the message.

From Clara's stupid smile, Chaeyoung could guess who was the sender,

"Is it Baekhyun?" Chaeyoung asked while attempting to read the message.

"No~" Clara answered while turning around so Chaeyoung couldn't read it.

"It is isn't it? I hate it when I'm the single one.." Chaeyoung fake pouted like Clara always does.

Clara had to admit her cousin was far more cuter than she was, it was sad how that side of her is only seen by Clara and her family. 

"It isn't! Seriously! He haven't sent me anything since lunch..." Naturally, Clara pouted at the end of her sentence.

Chaeyoung noticed that her cousin just has that...vibe surrounding her. Chaeyoung knows how her cousin can be such a tomboy, yet she was doing cute actions without even trying to do them.

"Hmm... yeah right~" Chaeyoung holds Clara's wrist and succeds at snatching her phone away from Clara. 

Chaeyoung's face immidiately falls when she reads the name of the sender.

"Yeollie as in Park Chanyeol?"

"Mhm. He likes to send me stupid jokes on days like this..." Clara explained plainly before taking her phone from Chaeyoung.

"It was indeed a lame joke like the sender himself..." Chaeyoung mumbled under her breath.

Clara rolls her eyes before concentrating on her phone.

"How can you be friends with someone rude like him?" Chaeyoung asks, slightly looking at Clara.

Clara pauses and looks at Chaeyoung with her eyes widen, "Rude? Park Chanyeol? You got to be kidding me."

"He called me a brat!" Chaeyoung protested.

Clara shrugs and takes out the house key out of her bag since they were almost home, "I don't blame him."

"Yah." Chaeyoung gives a warning glare at Clara which Clara reacted with an 'innocent' smile and a simple, "Mian~"

As soon as they entered the house, Clara literally ran to the kitchen to make some ramyun for herself since she was hungry. She came back to the living room where Chaeyoung was sitting there while staring at the wall like she was thinking of a world issue, with a cup ramyun.

"Yo, Cas. Whatchu thinkin'?" Clara asked in her so called 'gangsta' accent' before continuing to eat her cup ramyun happily.

Tsk. Kim Jinmyun and food.

Chaeyoung will usually roll her eyes when Clara uses her 'gangsta' accent' or shake her head when Clara is seen with food but she just looks at her plainly.

"What's wrong?" Clara managed to ask through a mouthful of ramyun. It was surprising how Chaeyoung could manage to understand her.

"I'll try." Chaeyoung answered. Clara raises her eyebrow and stares at Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung's answer didn't explain anything.

Knowing how blank and clueless her cousin could be, Chaeyoung continued, "To get along wit Chanyeol."

Clara almost choked on her ramyun, "That's it?!"

Chaeyoung nods. Clara scoffs, "You were acting like your pet cat got hit by a car or something."

Chaeyoung shrugs, "Is not like I--"

"And!" Clara glares at Chaeyoung indicating she hasn't finish her sentence yet.

"That was such a random time to talk about Chanyeol." She continued. 

Chaeyoung shrugs plainly before walking to the kitchen to make herself a cup ramyun as the way Clara was eating it made it seemed like it was so delicious. 

While Clara on the other hand was still mumbling to herself.


Erm... what did I just write? Heol. 

It's the school holidays~~ 

A week. But it's enough for me :3 

The thing is, I don't know if I can update because I have to go and visit my Dad and Grandma. OTL

I'm sorry.  

Anyway~ bye-bye! Have a good day~

tumblr_mqq8jd0xFx1ru8saco1_500.gif