Chapter 9 : Bruises

The Ice Princess's Mission to Heal Chanyeol's Heart

17th July, Friday

"Yay!! Thank you, Oppa!!" Clara cheered and gave Suho a quick hug before flapping the cash infront of Chaeyoung's face. 

Chaeyoung looks at Clara with no expression for a quick second before continued to play with her phone. Well, Clara's phone that she borrowed to use while she's in Korea.

"Remember, that money is strictly for the theme park's entrance fee and your taxi fare. No shopping, Kim Jinmyun." Suho warned his sister with a strict voice, which apparently has no effect on her at all since she's ignoring everything he said and was busy counting the money.

Suho sighs and looks at her cousin, "Chaeyoung?"

Chaeyoung looks up from the phone, "I heard everything."

Suho looks at Chaeyoung suspiciously, "Really? Anyway, I'm expecting to see your faces at the theme park in an hour or so, okay?"

"Good luck recognizing us among the hundreds of girls that will follow you guys through the whole shoot." Chaeyoung answered before doing a little salute to Suho.

Suho glares at his cousin and fakes a smile, "Well, I have superpowers, Lee Chaeyoung."

"I thought your power was water?" Clara teased and she puts her hand in the air, asking for a highfive from Chaeyoung. "Chae, don't leave me hanging."

Suho shook his head from a distance, asking Chaeyoung to ignore his little sister.

"I don't do highfives." Chaeyoung answered with a teasing smile.

Suho beams with sastification and does the highfive with Chaeyoung. 

Clara's jaw dropped at the scene that just happened infront of her, "Yah! Chaechae-ah! Did you just betray me?"

Suho chuckles and ruffles Clara's hair, "Face it, I am and will always be Chaeyoung's favourite cousin."

Clara rolls her eyes and stomps her way upstairs. 

"Hyung! We're leaving!" Kai shouted from the front gate.

"Okay!" He shouted in respone. "You're in charge, Chaeyoung. Take care of Jinmyun."

Chaeyoung replies with a simple "Eung." and a thumbs up before waving goodbye to the older boy.


"Chaechae! Can we ride the rollercoaster?! Please! Please! Please!" Clara begged and jumped like a primary school kid.

Chaeyoung covers her ears, "You're so noisy!"

"Go ride whatever you want! You're not 8!"

Clara pouts, "It's not fun going on the rides alone...."

Chaeyoung rolls her eyes, "I don't care." 

Clara narrows her eyes, "Just because I'm wearing a skirt doesn't mean I can't kick you. I wear leggings everywhere so it would be easy for me to kick you."

"You didn't complete your taekwondo class, I bet it doesn't hurt if you kick me." Chaeyoung said, sticking her tongue out at Clara.

Clara was about to kick Chaeyoung when a few cute boys passed them, so she punched Chaeyoung's shoulder instead. She might be careless and has the most amazing boyfriend in the world, but she's still a girl.

Chaeyoung smiles teasingly, "Ha. Clara Kim has lost her power."

Clara rolls her eyes and points at the shop a few steps away from the boys, "Lets buy a hairband each."

She drags her cousin by the hand and stops infront of the hairband section, which was close to where the boys were standing.

Chaeyoung giggles and smirks evilly, "Should I tell my cousin-in-law that you--"

"Just pick a hairband will you, Lee Chaeyoung." Clara said a little too loud, while slightly glancing at them.

Chaeyoung hits Clara's head, "You're so noisy! Even if you want to get their--"

"Oh! Kim Jinmyun!" One of the boys exclaimed and walked towards the two cousins,

Clara smiles and waves, "Yo, Jungho.What's up?"

He smiles, "Ah~ I'm fine. How are you and Bae--"

His sentence suddenly stopped mid-air when he noticed Chaeyoung standing beside Clara. His eyes immidiately sparkled as he looked back at Clara, "Oh! Jinmyun-ah! Is this--"

Chaeyoung's eyes widen as she looks away, "Oh My God." 

"Mhm. It's her~" Clara sing-songed before smiling at Chaeyoung 'innocently'.

Chaeyoung glared at Clara in reply. Clara ignores her and takes a random pink hairband from the rack before looking at Jungho, "How about you two catch up while I pay for these hairbands?"

Jungho nods, "Yeah!"

Chaeyoung's mouth hanged wide open as her cousin left the two of them together, ignoring Chaeyoung's pleading look. Chaeyoung bites her lower lip, "Gajima..." 

Excepting the fact her cousin has left her with the creeper she met when they were six, Chaeyoung turned around and faked a smile to Jungho. He was grinning so much, it was creeping Chaeyoung out. 

She fakes a cough to push the awkwardness away while Jungho continued to grin. 


Clara continued to laugh while Chaeyoung groans and buried her face in her palms. 

"Wait-wait. I need to capture this moment." Clara said after calming herself down and taking a selfie with Chaeyoung in the background. 

"I am so going to kill you after this." Chaeyoung mumbled into her hands.

Clara snorts and pats her cousin's head, "It's okay~ But seriously Lee Chaeyoung, he's single~ You're single~ He's been waiting for you since we were 10--"

"Not in a million years." Chaeyoung hits Clara's head and walks away. Clara breaks into laughter and chases after her cousin,

"Hmpf-- Ha-- Chaechae." Clara managed to call out while trying hard not to hold in her laugh.

The taller girl stops and waits for her cousin to catch up with her, "Seriously. I still can't forget the fact that he--"

"Wanted to follow you to the bathroom because he liked you so much?" Clara teased. Chaeyoung sighs at the embarassing memory.

"Relax~ We were 6 at that time. But it was totally hilarious when he said he wanted to marry you to his mother when we were ten!"

Chaeyoung glared at her cousin who was about to cry because she was laughing so hard and was about to protest when suddenly a group of girls knocked into them. Chaeyoung somehow managed to find balance and didn't fall, her clumsy cousin however, had fall with a loud thud. There are a few more girls running towards their direction and luckily they missed Clara by a few inch or Clara would've been dead being stepped by the girls.

"Yah! Watch where you're going!" Chaeyoung shouted in english towards the direction the girls went.

Clara struggled to get up and whinces in pain. Chaeyoung looks at her cousin worriedly, "Ah...what should I do? You need to move from the middle of this road though. I bet there are more fangirls coming here."

"I'll try. Help, please?" 

With some help from Chaeyoung, Clara managed to get up but was having trouble standing.

"Ahh....my leg and arm hurts like hell. My back too." Clara complained. 

Chaeyoung sighs and pats Clara's arm gently while she helped Clara to walk to a nearby bench, "Just try to relay on me as much as possi--" 

A few girls screamed from the other direction. Somehow, they sounded like they were coming nearer,

"Ey. Let's get as far away as we can from--"

Just then, Exo-K passed them along with the noisy fangirls. They were too busy walking (more like running) away from the fans to notice Chaeyoung and Clara.

"I guess they finished the shoot early and--"

"Oppa! Joonmyun Oppa!" Clara shouted and waved towards her older brother while whincing in pain.

"Are you crazy?" Chaeyoung hissed.

Clara looks at Chaeyoung, "Get him or Minwoo Oppa to notice us. You don't expect me to ride the bus or train in my condition do you?"

Chaeyoung didn't know what to do but surely she couldn't let her cousin go through all the pain. Then again, they should really try to stay low like Suho asked them to.

She sighs and passed her bag to Clara, "Stay here."

Chaeyoung jogged towards the crowd and squeezed her way through. After screaming her lungs out, non of the boys succeded at noticing and recognizing her. She sighs and squeezed closer towards them. She managed to grab the wrist of the closest memeber to her, Chanyeol. Unfornately, he was looking at the other direction and shook off her hand without even looking at her direction.

Their managers and bodyguards failed to recognize her and was pushing her away but she held on to Chanyeol's wrist tight., "PARK YODA!"

Chanyeol somehow recognize Chaeyoung's voice and finally looks at her, "Lee Chaeyoung?"

Chaeyoung nodded and screamed back something to Chanyeol. He couldn't catch what she say but managed to hear the words 'Jinmyun' and 'hurt.' 

He responded immidiately by pulling Suho who was walking in front of him, "Jinmyun's hurt!"

Suho couldn't hear anything that Chanyeol said and looked at him puzzled, "What?!"

Ignoring his leader, Chanyeol tried to leave the crowd, pulling Chaeyoung along.

"Why is he pulling her?"

"Where are they going?"

"Oppa! Oppa! Saranghae!"

"Who is she?"

"Park Chanyeol, get back here!"

Chanyeol ignored the fans and his manager's shout and asked Chaeyoung to lead him to Clara. By now, they were quite far away from where Clara was seated.

One of the fans somehow accidently hit Chaeyoung's face with a box, attempting to give the box to Chanyeol, "Ouch!"

"Are you okay?" Chanyeol said pulling Chaeyoung closer to him as he continued to push away from the crowd. 

"Is she his girlfriend?!"

"Oh my god!"

"Isn't that the girl from the airport?!"

One girl attempted to pull Chanyeol away from Chaeyoung but was stopped by Minwoo. "I said, stay with them. Go sit in the car with the others. I'll bring Clara to you guys in a few seconds."

"But--!"

"Follow them."

Chanyeol nodded in defeat, "How about Chaeyoung?"

Minwoo looked at Chaeyoung, "Bring her along."

After helping Chanyeol and Chaeyoung reunite with the group and the bodyguards, Minwoo turned back and went to search for Clara.


 Chaeyoung sighed for the 20th time in 5 minutes as she looks out of the window of the car, waiting for Clara. She can see hundreds of fangirls screamin the boys' name but no sign of Minwoo and Clara.

Suho hits his head, "Ah. What stupid idea did I came up? My sister got hurt because of me!"

D.O pats his back, "Hyung, Clara didn't got hurt because of you. It wasn't your fault she happened to be in the area when we passed by."

"If it's anyone's fault. It would've been mine." Chaeyoung interupted.

"It's no ones fault. Okay? And stop talking like Clara's dead or badly injured." Kai said, making everyone silent.

"Oh! I see Nuna and Hyung!" Sehun exclaimed. 

"Are you okay?!" Chanyeol asked as soon as Minwoo helped Clara into the car.

Clara nods and shrugs, "I don't think anything's broken. And I'm still alive~"

Baekhyun who had changed his seat with Sehun to sit beside Clara hit her head, "Yah! Be serious!"

"I am! I'm still alive!"

"Seatbelts on. We're going home." Minwoo announced.

"Hyung, can we stop by at the hospital or a clinic first?" Suho asked.

"We can, but Clara doesn't want to. She says she just need some ice."

"I thought you couldn't walk. Are you sure your ankle is not sprained?" Chaeyoung asked. 

Chanyeol nodded in agreement, "You should see a doctor."

"Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. That's final." Clara said, leaning her head onto Baekhyun's shoulder. 

"What ever makes you happy, MyunCat." Baekhyun said.

Chanyeol looks away and was starting to regret swapping seats with Kai to seat closer to Clara and Baekhyun. Chaeyoung looked at Chanyeol and bit her lip.


That night, about past midnight, Chanyeol woke up feeling thirsty and went to the kitchen for a drink.

"Omo!" He shouted as Chaeyoung suddenly appeared behind him. 

"What?"

"How the hell did you appear so suddenly like that?!" He half-shouted, while clutching his heart.

Chaeyoung frowns and continued to message her temples, "I was on my way down for some water when you came out of your room."

"Now, do you have any painkillers? I'm having an awful headache." 

Chanyeol nods and points at a cabinet. Chanyeoung mumbles a slow thank you and reaches for the medicine but failed because of her height.

Chanyeol chuckles and walks closer to the cabinet to take the medicine for Chaeyoung, "I guess 'shortness' runs in your family's genes huh?"

She turns around to snatch the medicine from Chanyeol but stopped when she noticed how close she and Chanyeol was.

Chanyeol had previously stand close to Chaeyoung to take the medicine. Because Chaeyoung had turned around, she is now 2 centimeters away from bumping her nose with Chanyeol's chest.

Flustered, Chaeyoung took a few steps back, bumping into the counter while Chanyeol rubbed the nape of his neck, awkwardly, "Er....here." 

Chaeyoung takes the bottle from Chanyeol and mumbles a thank you before stepping to the right to take some water. Chanyeol somehow had the same idea and stepped to the right too.

"Err..."

"I'm sorry." They said at the same time as they both moved to the left to make way.

"Erm."

"You go left, I'll go right." Chanyeol suggested.

Chaeyoung nods and moves to her left. She was about to leave when suddenly Chanyeol grabs her wrist.

"What?" 

Chanyeol takes a step closer to her and rubs her left cheek with his thumb, "You have a bruise here."

Somehow, Lee Chaeyoung who never gets shy was blushing. "R-r-really?"

Chanyeol nods and pulls her arms lightly towards the kitchen counter, "Come here." 

"Sit here." He said, patting the counter.

Chaeyoung followed obediently and settled herself on the counter.

Chanyeol pours a glass of water for Chaeyoung and instructed her to take the painkillers while he searched for an ice pack in the refrigerator.

"Here." He said putting the ice pack on the counter.

"Thanks." Chaeyoung mumbled.

Chanyeol nods before bending his knees a little to be on eye level with Chaeyoung, he gently holds her chin and examines the rest of her face. Chaeyoung couldn't help but to stare are Chanyeol's perfect face.

"You're lucky you only got one bruise." Chanyeol said letting go of her chin. Chaeyoung was still staring into Chanyeol's eyes.

"I'm going back to my room. Hurry up and go upstairs. I can't leave you here alone." Chaeyoung nods but the truth was she didn't get even one word that Chanyeol said.

"Chaeyoung?" Chanyeol said, snapping his finger in front of Chaeyoung.

"Nae?" 

"Go up. Ppali." 

Chaeyoung nods and walks away. Half way out of the kitchen, Chaeyoung turns back and peeks into the kitchen where Chanyeol was pouring some milk for himself.

"Hey, Chanyeol."

"Hmm?" 

"Good night Park Yeol-Da." Chaeyoung said with a smile.

Chanyeol fakes an annoyed look as Chaeyoung grins and leaves the Chanyeol alone. Chanyeol quickly drank his milk and switched off the lights before going back to his room. Half way to his room, he heard Chaeyoung shut her door close and he smiled to himself, "Good night, Dara."


tumblr_inline_n4y822Rr9w1s4wee1.gif

Omg. Word vomit. Heol.

This is yet another unedited chapter~

Oh-oh-oh! Summer Holidays are here~~! <3

tumblr_inline_mx9p3lzaoS1qc3yjb.gif

And I'm going to Tokyo~ Which means...

semi-hiatus again? orz 

tumblr_m3yxhhenXC1rnkuj5o1_500.gif

^ PCY is judging me. OTL

 

il_eun

140526

P/s: Please don't forget to subscribe, upvote and comment~! <3 <3

COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT OR OR NO VIRTUAL COOKIES AND HUGS FOR YOU! /SLAPPED;