Chapter 29 : Your Last

The Ice Princess's Mission to Heal Chanyeol's Heart

31st July, Friday (23:40)

Chaeyoung rubbed her bare arms, somehow tonight it was quite chilly for a summer night. They hangout at Baekhyun's house after the birthday party, playing video games and just relaxing. By 11, everyone was asleep. It was quite early, but Exo-M had an early flight. Most of them crashed at Baekhyun's house except for D.O, Luhan, Xiumin and the two managers who were soundly asleep in Suho's room and the guest room.

It was about 20 minutes till midnight when Chaeyoung exited her Aunt's house, her uncle was still awake along with Clara who were watching televison. Father-daughter bonding time, they said. She told them she needed some air and wanted to take pictures, her uncle seemed concerned about her going out alone but Clara assured her father Chaeyoung will be fine. (But her Uncle gave her a small penknife anyway, just in case.)

She crossed the road to the small park across her Aunt's house, she was starting to regret not bringing her cardingan along. She was in her favourite knee-length stripey blue-white dress and a small baby blue bag slung across her shoulders. Naturally, she headed straight for the swings, she took out her phone as she waited for Chanyeol. 

"Aren't I a little too dressed up to meet Chanyeol here?" She mumbled to herself as she played with the hem of her skirt. "Oh well." She shrugged. She smiled looking at the slideset and monkey bars infront of her reminiscing her past when she comes over and played with her cousins. "Oh no." She cringed remembering the awkward confession from Clara's schoolmate, she wondered why her cousin was nice enough to not invite him today. Clara can be a pain in the most of the times, but today she was all nice and fluffy probably because it was Chaeyoung's birthday.

She checked the time on her phone, she had been outside for 2 minutes but it felt super long. She was about the dial Chanyeol's number when she heard his deep voice calling her from behind. "Chaeyoung-ssi~"

She couldn't hide her grin when she turned around to look at him. Soon her grin turned into a shock expression as she held both of her hands close to her heart. She was speechless. He was in his ripped jeans and a black tshirt, looking effortlessly handsome with his charming smile. Despite his handicapped hand, he was holding a small cake with his right hand with three of his left fingers supporting. 

"Happy birthday to you~ Happy birthday to you~ Happy birthday my lovely-adorable-cute-princess Chaeyoung~ Happy birthday to you~" He sung in his deep voice. Her cheeks were hurting from smiling. She stood there staring at him unable to say anything. 

"Chanyeol-ah. Wow. I--" She stuttered awkwardly as she got up from the swing to approach him. All she could think of doing is give him a huge hug, but the cake was getting in their way. He interrupted her and frowned, "Yah! Blow the candles out!"

She chuckled and nodded obidiently, "Nae~" 

"Did you make a wish?" He said smiling as he observed her smiling bashfully after blowing out the candles out on her second birthday cake of the day. She nodded, "I haven't change my wish." 

They stood smiling each other for a few seconds before she snapped out of it and took the cake out of his hands. "You shouldn't have. How did you manage to bring the cake here? I mean we've already had a cake earlier." 

The latter smiled and ruffled her hair, "Don't worry. I'd do anything for you." She rolled her eyes and sat down on one of the swings, the cake balanced on her thighs. He followed her and settled down on the swing next to her, rocking back and forth a little, his long legs planted like how it was a week ago.He looked at her and smiled, "You look good in that dress." 

"Thanks. It was laying around in Myun's room." She shrugged. It was obviously a lie. She had previously paced back and forth in Clara's room alone as she wondered what to wear. He laughed, "Well you look good in anything to be honest." 

She gasped, "Park Chanyeol has finally come to his senses! About time you realize!" 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and faked a vomiting sound, "I take it all back." 

She frowned and argued that he couldn't take back what he said because you can't put back a broken glass back together. He knew it was no point in fighting with her, she's unbeatable when it comes to bickering, "Alright you win birthday girl." 

She replied with a laugh as she looked at his expression . It was frustratingly dark in the park, the dim street lights weren't really helping. She felt like pushing him into the light to memorize every part of his face, his expressions that she'll miss once she leaves.

"You ever wanted to stop time and stay in that moment?" He asked suddenly.

She blinked at him, being careful with the answer to the question. There was a risk in telling the truth, and she knew she'll regret telling a lie. "Erm I don't know." 

When she looked up, through the dim lights she could see him looking back at her, his gentle warm eyes looking back at hers, as if they were communicating silently.

"This. Our secret moments. I wish I could freeze this." He said, still maintaining eye contact. She held her breath, that was the sweetest and most genuine thing a guy have ever said to her. 

Not all the dumb lies her ex and flings have told her, those 'you look pretty' cliches, those cliches she has always fallen for. He was different. She could tell it, and in her mind she was cursing her cousin for letting such a sweet guy like him go. However she was thankful for her letting him go, and giving this chance to her.

She realized what she was doing stopped thinking about all of the possibility of her and Chanyeol together. She thought it was offlimits. It wasn't going to work. She cleared and averted her gaze from him, "Ah~ I see why you have a lot of fans~"

He chuckled and looked at her with his stupidly charming crooked smile, "Well I am the Park Chanyeol." 

She rolled her eyes and focused on the cake sitting on her thigh. "Do you often ask girls to meet up in parks a few minutes before midnight to give them cakes?" 

He smirked and shrugged, "Maybe I do."

She scoffed and mumbled, "Oh please." 

He chuckled at her reaction. He poked her sides teasingly, "Are you jealous?" 

She shrugged nonchalantly but her face was giving her off. Even though the area was dark, he could tell her face was getting redder by the moment. He smiled and changed the topic for her sake. He glanced at his watch, "Almost 00:00 Happy Birthday Youngie."

On cue his clock beeps indicating it was 12 o' clock in the morning, it was officially 1st August, Chaeyoung's birthday has ended.

He looked at her with a huge grin. All she did was frown, trying to hide her smile because of how silly he looked in that moment. She nodded towards his direction, "What?"

"I completed my mission didn't I?" He said, still weirdly grinning. She was still puzzled and could only look at him blankly. 

He chuckled, "Cutie. I wanted to be your last." 

She raised her eyebrows, still not making any logic in what he was saying, "The last to wish me happy birthday?"

"Idiot." He mumbled with a low chuckle, his foot was digging into the grass below him. He replied sarcastically, "Yeah I wanted to be the last one to wish you happy birthday." 

"And your last everything." He mumbled as he looked away shyly, observing the short wild grass underneath his feet.

She couldn't quite hear him and it only made her frown deepened, "Nae? I can't hear you."

He shook his head and ruffled her hair, "I was saying we should go in. Your uncle would be worried." 

She wasn't satisfied with his answer but nodded anyway, "Okay then." 


Ayyy short chapter-filler-thingy

De95V.gif

See ya guys like in 2 weeks

(or not)

because I have mid-year exams next week 

tumblr_muobe40myz1so8epdo3_500.gif

 

xx ileun

160430

P/s : This is edited, comment down below so i know i'm not hallucinating~