Chapter 21 : Clara's Suspicion

The Ice Princess's Mission to Heal Chanyeol's Heart

25th July, Saturday 

"CHAECHAE WAKE UP!" Clara shouted as she hit her older cousin with a pillow.

"Umpfh. Leave me alone.." Chaeyoung mumbled burying her head into the blue covered pillow.

Clara scratched her head, even though it didn't really itch. It was weird, Chaeyoung always woke up at 8, and it's 8.30 am. She walked around the room trying to find signs of Chaeyoung's activity last night. 

"Ooh~ Literature assignment!" Clara said bending down to pick up the book in Chaeyoung's suit case. She read the 1000 words essay halfway through. 

"Better then my word vomit." She chuckled to herself. Someone knocked on her door, "Jinmyun-ah! We're leaving!" Suho shouted from the other side of the door.

"Nae! Take care!" She shouted back. She could imagine Suho's surprised face because she woke up before 9, and it wasn't a school day. 

She placed Chaeyoung's essay properly back into her bag. She walked to the bed, where her cousin was still sleeping and whispered to her ear, "Chaechae-ah I'll give you another half an hour of sleep."
-
By nine, Chaeyoung woke up and tried to find where her younger cousin was. The left side of the bed was made up, and her towel was on the rack which meant that she wasn't in the bathroom. Her clothes were scattered all over the room, indicating she had woken up and was probably ready to go out.

She peeked out of the door, trying to figure out if the twelve boys were home (they weren't). She went down the three flight of stairs, and found her cousin in the kitchen, eating some cereal while standing.  As Chaeyoung predicted, her cousin was all dressed and all set to go outside.

"Oh wook! The gweat Cashsondwa ish up!" She said while chewing her cereal (without milk like she likes it)

Chaeyoung glares at her younger cousin, "Manners myun-ah" 

Clara swallowed her cereal and smiled innocently before frowning. "Why did you sleep in your black jeans and hoodie? Did you go out yesterday?" 

Chaeyoung looked down to see what she was wearing, "Oh. I couldn't sleep and showered at 6. But then I fell asleep." 

Her lies was so obvious, but knowing her cousin, she would ignore all her suspicions and trust what Chaeyoung says.

"Oh, ok. If you want to go on midnight walks because something's bothering your mind, you can bring me along." She said smiling at Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung felt thankful and lucky to have a cousin like Clara. She nodded and showed a thumbs up, "But really i woke up at 6 today." 

Clara nodded and shooed her away, pleading for her cousin to take another shower because she smells even after a 3 hour nap. 
 



After breakfast, they left the house to wonder around Seoul. During lunch, Chaeyoung saw a few high school girls kept staring at Clara. 

"Do you know them?" She asked, nodding towards the girls. The girls looked away pretending they didn't stare at Clara all this while. Clara looked at them and shook her head, "Never seen them all my life." 

Chaeyoung shrugged and continued to eat her lunch. A few minutes later she saw the girls sneaking looks at Clara again, whispering between them. 

"Excuse me?" She said to them, making sure her accent was hearable. 

The girls looked away and was pushing each other, one of them was unlucky enough and pushed out of the booth. She grumbled something to her friends and went to the two cousins timidly. "Erm.. I'm sorry." She said bowing to them.

Clara smiled and waved around, "Ah! Aniya! It's okay."

"It's pretty uncomfortable to be honest." Chaeyoung mumbled. Clara kicked Chaeyoung's leg under the table, shoting her one of her warning looks. Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and shrugged.

"Do we know each other?" Clara asked sweetly. Chaeyoung wanted to barf.

"Erm actually my friends and I," The girl paused looking at her friends who were looking at them all this while, they looked away and acted like they don't know each other.

"were wondering if you're Kim Jinmyun, Exo Suho's sister." She continued.

Clara grinned , "Yes I am. You recognize me?" 

She nodded with a smile. Clara giggled and looked at her cousin, "Yah! I feel like a celebrity."

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and smacked Clara's head, "Quit dreaming. The only celebrity in our family is Joonmyun oppa." 

Clara pouted and looked at the girl who was now standing there with a big smile, "She's so mean." 

The girl giggled. Chaeyoung looked at her, "Ignore Jinmyunnie. Can we help you to pass something to Joonmyun Oppa?"

formed into an 'o', "You would do that?" 

Chaeyoung nodded with a small smile, "Just don't tell anyone else except your friends over there. I don't want anyone to bother Jinmyun when she's alone."

The girl nodded enthusiastically and told them to hold on as she practically ran to her friends to write a letter to their love of their life, exo.

Clara stared at her cousin curiously, Chaeyoung smacked her cousin again for staring at her like she had something funny on her face.

Clara rubbed her head while glaring at her cousin, "You do fan service often?" 

Chaeyoung shrugged, "I was friends with the most popular girl in the korean-american community in California." 

Clara nodded and imitated Chaeyoung's shrug and nonchalant face. Chaeyoung was about to hit her cousin again when the girl came along with her 2 friends. 
They were all grinning from ear to ear. 

"That was fast!" Clara exclaimed smiling back at them. They nodded shyly and placed two folded paper and an envelope on the table.

One of the girls scratched her arms awkwardly and explained, "I bring this envelope everywhere in case I get a chance to give it to Xiumin Oppa." 

Both Chaeyoung and Clara nodded and told them that the letters will arrive safely to the rightful owners. 

"Can we take a picture with you, unnie?" The earlier girl asked after being poked and pinched by her two friends. 

Clara was surprised, "Me?!" 

All three of them nodded shyly. Chaeyoung laughed at her cousin's reaction and offered to take the picture for them. They all chimed a thank you and kept bowing to Chaeyoung. 

After taking the picture for them, Chaeyoung reminded them to not tell anyone Clara helped to pass their letters to Exo. They all nodded obediently. 

"Erm excuse me." The tallest of the three girls said looking at Chaeyoung. 

"Are you related to Chanyeol?" 

Chaeyoung laughed out loud, hitting her cousins arm while laughing. "Do I look like I'm related to that giant?" 

All three of them shook their head, probably frighten from Chaeyoung's sudden outburst of laughter. 

"I'm related to this Kim over here." Clara faked a smile as Chaeyoung puts an arm over her shoulder.

"Sometimes I wish I'm not related to her." She said pinching Chaeyoung's waist. The three girls giggled and excused themself.

"Wait!" Clara called. 

"Nae?"
"Yae unnie?"
"Yes?" The three chorused. 

"Can I know your names so I can tell my brother and Xiumin who gave them these wonderful letters?" 

"I'm Jia." The girl that approached them introduced herself.

"I'm Rahui." The girl who said she brings the envelope everywhere in hopes to give it to Xiumin, said with a smile, bowing to the two older girls.

The tallest girl who asked about Chaeyoung smiled and introduced herself, "I'm Youngah." 

"Oh we share the same name." Chaeyoung chimed and laughed. 

"Oh really? Your name is Youngah too?" She said getting excited. She felt ecstatic knowing someone who's related to Exo's Suho has the same name as her.

Clara eyed her cousin suspiciously, Chaeyoung shrugged, "Well almost. Young is my middle name. Literally my middle name is Young." 

They all laughed and thanked the older girls for the hundredth time for making their dreams come true. 

"Since when do you like doing favors?" Clara stared her cousin up and down before putting her hand on Chaeyoung's forehead to check her temperature. 

Chaeyoung pushed her hand away lightly, "Since my ice melted because of the summer heat."

Clara was about to say something (possibly a smart remark or insult) when Chaeyoung continued, "Oh and lunch's on me." 

Being the stingy Clara everyone knows, She totally erased the conversation from her head and grinned, "Lee Chaeyoung you're the best cousin in the universe, i love you, can i marry you?" 

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and packed her things including the letters from Jia, Youngah and Rahui into her hot pink bag. "Let's go."
 



They spent the rest of their day walking aimlessly around different malls and decided to go home after  buying some simple snacks at the convenience store for dinner.

They were talking while walking home when a super familiar car passed them, honking at them. The windows were rolled down, "AHA YOU GUYS HAVE TO WALK!" Chen teased sticking his head out the window. Luhan pulled him and smiled at the two girls, "I'll try to save some chicken for you two." 

Then another head popped out of the window, it was Kris, "I'll give you one of my chicken if you give me that juice you're drinking."

Clara grinned and gave her juice box to Kris, "Deal." 

Then another car stopped behind Exo-M's car, it was Exo-K's car. Suho came running at the girls and told his two managers he would walk home with the girls. 

The three relatives waved at the two black vans, as they disappear from their sight.

"And the best brother award goes to Exo's Suho!" Chaeyoung shouted. Her two cousins hushed her, both pointing at their own watches. 

"And they say you two aren't alike." She mumbled.

Suho laughed and ruffled his younger cousin's head, "Thanks for the award. This is why I wish you're my younger sister and not Kim Jinmyun here who doesn't know how to appreciate his cool brother."

Clara scoffed, "Great you two go on and stay together for the rest of your life." 

Chaeyoung and Suho laughed at the youngest's bitterness. 

"Look Chaeyoung, she's throwing us away for that noisy kid, Byun Baekhyun." Suho said pushing her sister away from him and his cousin. Chaeyoung nodded in agreement, enjoying the moment. This was the best part of family reunions, ganging up with Suho against Clara.

"But! You two are throwing me away for each other!" Clara protested with a hint of sadness in her voice.

"Aigoo... baby myun is about to cry.." Chaeyoung pouted and pulled her youngest cousin into a hug. Suho joined in the hug and they ended up having a group hug at a sidewalk in summer at 9 pm.
 



That night, while Chaeyoung was in the bathroom, Baekhyun and Chanyeol came knocking on the door of Clara's bed.

"Oh! Hi!" Clara said surprised the two were standing together alone without Chanyeol glaring at Baekhyun like he wants to eat him.

Both of them were grinning, showing off their beautiful pearly white teeth. "Myuncat, can we copy ideas from your english assignment?" Baekhyun was not asking for permission, it was more like a statement. He had pushed his girlfriend aside and went straight to the her school book shelf, taking a grey file with him. He grinned and waved it to Chanyeol, walking back to his ex-roommate. He stopped beside his girlfriend and whispered his goodnight wishes and i love yous quickly. 

Clara looked at Chanyeol, worried he might be mad, instead he had a smirk, "I am sooo going to tell your brother tomorrow morning." 

Baekhyun pouted and pleaded for his friend to keep quiet or Suho wouldn't stop teasing them and probably would even tell their parents. 

Chanyeol chuckled and playfully punched the shorter guy's shoulder, "Nae i won't tell. See you in my room later." 

Baekhyun saluted the taller guy and blew a kiss to his girlfriend before going down the stairs, heading to Chanyeol's room. Chanyeol snorted and rolled his eyes. He just stood there awkwardly looking pass Clara's head.

The latter frowned, "You want something else?" 

Chanyeol scratched his head with a grin, "Well I want to talk to your cousin actually." 

Clara wiggled her eyebrows, "Come on in Yeol-da" 

Chanyeol made himself comfortable at the edge of the bed while Clara continued to clean the mess she made while getting ready that morning. 

"Chanyeol-ah" She called out throwing something at his direction. Luckily he wasn't distracted and caught the item on time. It was a black hat. The hat that he gave Chaeyoung yesterday. He intended to take it back, before totally had forgotten about it when they got back yesterday, exhausted after their night out.

"Care to explain why your precious cap is in my cousin's suitcase?" She crossed her arms and was loopking at Chanyeol like he was prey.

He stuttered, a little intimidated by the short blue loving girl, "Ah..i gave it to her." 

Clara did not look impress, she hoisted herself up her study table, dangling her legs, "Obviously Park Chanyeol. But why in the world did you give your precious cap to your nemesis?" 

Chanyeol tried to think of something fast, "Ah! You know! I lost a bet!" 

"A bet eh--" 

Right on time Chaeyoung came out of the bathroom wearing her rilakkuma onesie, her face still wet, "Oh! Hi Yeol-da!" She said cheerfully. 

Chanyeol signaled to Clara's direction where she was staring at them. Chaeyoung waved awkwardly at her younger cousin, "Hey to you too?"

"Chanyeol and I was just talking about his cap. So tell me again why did he gave you his hat again?" If this was a cartoon, flames would appear around Clara, and a pair of horns would appear on top of her head. 

Chaeyoung choked on her words, she looked at Chanyeol for help but really he was no help. The tall guy was trying to act calm when really he was panicking and wanted to run all over the place, "Err.. I won a bet." She blurted out, knowing how Chanyeol and Clara loves games and bets.

Clara did not look like she believed the excuse, but she nodded anyway. 

"You know how bad he is at video games." Chaeyoung added, looking very confident. She mentally noted to thank her ex-friend who forced her into the drama club a few years ago.

Chanyeol glared at Chaeyoung for underestimating his gaming skills, but he forced a smile, nodding to Chaeyoung's statement not wanting Clara to know their night out. 

Clara shrugged even though it was obvious she smelled something fishy, "Okay then. Whatever. Go on and talk." 

Chanyeol and Chaeyoung smiled innocently and went out of the room. They decided to talk at the stairs so Clara can't eavesdrop. 

True enough, Clara tried eavesdropping but couldn't catch anything that they said.

"Yeah whatever Yeol-da. Bye." She heard Chaeyoung say, her voice getting louder as she walks closer to the room. She pushed the door, causing Clara who was sitting there eavesdropping, to fall, missing the garbage bin a few centimeters. 

She coughed and faked an angry tone, "Yah! I was cleaning back there." 

Chaeyoung raised her left eyebrow and looked at the door, "But there is nothing there?" 

"I-I erm you know I was just-just--" Clara stuttered as she avoided eye contact with her cousin.  

"Just?" Clara didn't even have to look at her cousin's face to know that she had her judging expression on.

"Just wiping the door! " She answered, a little too loud. She cleared and looked at her cousin nonchalantly, "The door was pretty dusty." 

Chaeyoung brushed her finger against the surface of the door and looked at her finger, "I guess you missed a spot. Goodnight little myun."

Clara faked smile and pretended to wipe the door, she looked over her shoulder, Chaeyoung was already comfortable in the bed snuggling against the pillows and soft toys. 

Clara scoffed and mumbled, "You're really good at changing topics and lying." 


Hello Everybody~ (by everybody I probably mean hello to my unnie who is the only one who reads this and khayrin possibly. hello.)

tumblr_nwq5zrsE6L1sev9umo4_r1_250.gif

Did you know that if you drink hot chocolate on a rainy day,

because you're depressed you don't get four seasons and winter

687474703a2f2f33382e6d656469612e74756d62

And you imagine it's snowing,

it makes you feel like you're experiencing winter

(only like +20 celcius more than it should be)

tumblr_nvbp4g4cfc1uhayjyo1_500.gif

xx ileun

151228

P/s : Is it just me or AFF keeps crashing down?