Chapter 12 : It's War

The Ice Princess's Mission to Heal Chanyeol's Heart

19th July, Sunday

"Are you sure?"

Chaeyoung looks up from her phone for a spilt second and nods, "Have fun with Sehun's girlfriend." 

Clara lets out a small laugh and takes her bag from her bedside table, "I like it how you don't call Jinjoo by her name."

"I like it how I'm going to be home alone the whole day."

Clara looks at Chaeyoung and smirks, "Yeah. Alone."

"What?" 

Clara shakes her head before rushing out the bedroom door, "Nothing! Don't forget to eat lunch~ See you later at dinner."

Chaeyoung rolls her eyes and shakes her head, "Weirdo." 

After a few minutes spending her time in the room, her stomach started to rumble. She walks to the kitchen without looking away from her phone, earphones on and on full volume. She opens the refrigerator and takes a packet of ramyun, some eggs.

"Head in the clouds got no weight on my shoulders~! I should be wiser and realize that I've got~~" She started to sing as she cooks the ramyun. When the chorus kicks in, she naturally dances to the beat. This is pretty much what she does when she's home alone, dance.

Little did she know someone was watching her. She doesnt realize it as she had her back to him. He clears his throat, "Chaeyoung."

But of course Chaeyoung couldn't hear him as her phone was on full volume. She kept singing, caught up in her own world. The man stiffles his laugh and goes to Chaeyoung, and pulls one of her earphones out, "Nice moves."

Chaeyoung was surprised and quickly turned around and fakes cough.

"Not bad~ You can reach the highnotes~" He teased. 

Chaeyoung glares at him, "Who the hell said that you can talk to me after what happened yesterday, Park Chanyeol?"

Chanyeol smiles innocently, "Sorry~"

Chaeyoung rolls her eyes and turns her back to him, "Whatever. Now, leave me alone." 

"It's not like I want to talk to you, but I'm hungry." 

"You're hungry?" Chaeyoung looks at Chanyeol with a symphatic look. Chanyeol pouts and nods, "Yes....."

"Oh really?" Chaeyoung tilts her head slightly to the left. Chanyeol once again nods cutely.

"I don't care." Chaeyoung fake smiled before once again, turning her back to Chanyeol. Chanyeol his teeth, "Aish. Little brat."

"Chanyeol-ah~ I heard you. And you have 5 seconds to run." Chaeyoung said 'sweetly' without turning around.

"Or what?" 

"1..." Chaeyoung turns around to face Chanyeol with a smile.Chanyeol crosses his arms across his chest and looks at Chaeyoung with his eyebrow raised, challenging Chaeyoung even more.

Chaeyoung grits her teeth, "2..."

"3~" Chanyeol continued for her with a teasing smile. She replies with a fake smile that turns her eyes into crescents, "I'm warning you Chanyeol~ 4..." At the same time, Chaeyoung's hand carefully reaches for something from the counter. 

Chanyeol was having fun teasing Chaeyoung and somehow had forgotten about what Lee Chaeyoung is capable of. He smiles and hits Chaeyoung's head, "5! What are you going to do short mid--"

Pak!

Slimy yellow liquid starts to drip on the now frozen Chanyeol's head. He looks at Chaeyoung with his eyes and mouth wide open.

"Enjoy your omelette~" Chaeyoung teased before walking pass Chanyeol with a smirk.

Chanyeol takes a tissue paper and quickly cleans himself up while mumbling under his breath. He was about to go to the living room and maybe, you know, throw a chair at Chaeyoung or something when Chaeyoung cooly enters the kitchen. She walks pass Chanyeol like he was invisble and proceeds to prepare her own lunch.

"Yah! Lee Chaeyoung!" Chanyeol shouted angrily. How can she just ignore him like that. Atleast yesterday he apologized.

Chaeyoung ignores Chanyeol and pours a cup of water for herself and winks at Chanyeol. She takes her bowl of ramyun , a cup of water and walks pass Chanyeol to go to the living room to eat peacefully. Annoyed and thirsty for revenge, Chanyeol puts his long legs infront of Chaeyoung to trip her. Chaeyoung falls with the ramyun bowl missing her by a few centimeters. The cup however fell right on her head, she was lucky it was a plastic cup.

Chanyeol laughs happily before sticking his tongue out at Chaeyoung. He went out of the kitchen without looking back, a sastified smirk on his face. Chanyeol started to feel weird as Chaeyoung didn't scream or anything. He was starting to get worried but he toss the thoughts out of his head and proceeds to walk up the stairs, toward his room.

That's when he felt his arms being tug. It happened so fast, Chaeyoung pushes him against the wall and tip-toes giving him a peck on the lips. 

Chanyeol stares at Chaeyoung with his eyes widen, shocked with the girl's action. Chaeyoung looked at him shyly before looking at the floor,

"Chanyeol....I... I actually..." She looks up at him timidly.

Chanyeol was more than surprise, "Chaeyoung, what you're going to say.... Is it..is it..what I think it is?" 

Chaeyoung nods sowly, still looking at him timidly. His mouth started to form an 'o' shape , "Are you serious?"

Chaeyoung blinks once before laughing out loud, "You fell for it, huh?"

Chanyeol groans and walked away from Chaeyoung. He mentally kicked himself for actually falling for Chaeyoung's trap.

"Yah! If you like me, just say it!" Chaeyoung shouted before blowing a kiss at Chanyeol. 

"Over my dead body!" He shouted before slamming his door shut.

Chaeyoung walks back to the kitchen with a big smile, "Lee Chaeyoung, 1. Park Chanyeol, 0~"


Chanyeol suddenly didn't fell hungry anymore. He lets out a loud scream before collapsing on his bed.

"Why did I wake up late, today?! Out of all days, why today?! I should be eating some pizza or something with the others right now!" He groaned and covered his head with a pillow. He pushed the pillow aside and quickly dialed Suho's number.

"Hyung! I'm hungry! And--"

"I'm kind of busy right now, ask the girls' help okay?" Suho cuts Chanyeol's sentence and ends the call. Chanyeol could clearly hear the others talking in behind, and he heard someone asking the person across him to pass him the salt.

He scoffs, "Busy eating, huh?" He tried calling Clara, and got connected to voicemail in a matter of seconds. He throws his phone across to Kai's bed in anger followed by two pillows. He then laid in his bed quietly trying to calm himself.

A few minutes passed when a knock was heard on his door.

"What now?!"

"As bad as I want you to starve yourself and die, they'll probably kill me. So, food is outside your door. Come down later when you're done sulking and help me clean the mess you made in the kitchen." Chaeyoung calmly responded.

"Yah. Do you know that you're weird? You crack an egg on my head and then you kiss me as a joke and know you're giving me food." 

A little laugh was heard, "PCY, that's how I take revenge. It seems like it's working somehow~" Though Chanyeol couldn't see Chaeyoung, he was sure she was smirking. A few seconds later, after making sure Chaeyoung left, Chanyeol finally opened his door and took a sneak at the food.

"Ramyun. Pft." He mumbled while rolling his eyes. But, he takes the bowl of ramyun inside anyway.


Chaeyoung was busy mopping the floor when Chanyeol came into the kitchen. When he looks at what Chaeyoung was doing, he lets out a mocking laugh, "So the princess brat can  do housework, hah~"

Chaeyoung stops mopping and glares at him, "Shut up, giant." 

Chanyeol stucks his tongue childishly before he proceeds to walk to the sink. He leaves his bowl in the sink without washing it. Chaeyoung noticed that there was no sound of water heard and stopped Chanyeol from leaving the kitchen.

"Yah, wash your plate." 

Chanyeol rolls his eyes and pushes her aside wordlessly. Not wanting to lose, Chaeyoung drops the mop and uses all her strength to pull Chanyeol, "I'm not going to wash your bowl!"

"Yah! Let me go!" If it was up to Chanyeol, he would've pushed Chaeyoung but he was afraid that he would push her too hard and she would fall. Though he finds her annoying, he wouldn't do anything that could physically hurt her. 

Chaeyoung shook her head stubbornly and refuses to let go of the taller one. 

Frustrated, Chanyeol finally gives in, "Fine! I'll wash the plate! Stop pulling me, I might fall you midget!" 

Sastified,Chaeyoung lets him go and smiles 'sweetly' at him, "I win~~" 

"Brat." Chanyeol mumbled, walking pass Chaeyoung.

When he finished washing his bowl, Chaeyoung finished mopping the floor and was struggling to carry the bucket to the nearby washroom. Unlike how gentlemen act, Chanyeol walks pass Chaeyoung silently without offering to help. Chaeyoung her teeth and continued to struggle. 

A few minutes later, Chaeyoung entered the living room to find Chanyeol relaxing. Not only he was enjoying himself watching some random comedy movie while laughing his off, he was also eating some potato chips.

Chaeyoung's potato chips.

Chaeyoung groans and stomps her right foot, "Park Chanyeol!!" 

Chanyeol looks at Chaeyoung and chomps the chip with his famous camel imitation to annoy his frenemy even more. Chaeyoung narrows her eyes before smiling bitterly. 

"Enjoy your snack. I'll add that to the list of things you owe me along with the clothes and money you owe me." She said before leaving the living room. 

"I don't owe you anything!" 

"You do, idiot!" 


"I didn't even change out of my wet clothes and made ramyun for him and this is how he repays me!" Chaeyoung slammed the bedroom door and took a look in the mirror. Her hair and t-shirt was clearly still wet. Chaeyoung groans and stomps to her suitcase and took out a random t-shirt to change.

After changing, Chaeyoung took her phone and immediately dialled her cousin's number. As expected, she was connected to voice mail. 


I'm sorry this chapter's font size is

a mess...

orz

il_eun

140607